Started my parents Scrambler for the first time in, hell I don't know, couple of months since we basically did a minor frame off restore of it.
Here is what we have done so far
1. Pulled body off frame and ryno-lined bottom of tub
2. Clean and painted frame
3. Re-seal motor and also replaced timinng chain and gears, fuel pump,
water pump and oil pump. Also cleaned and painted motor ect. Also
swapped crappy carter carb for MC2100 motorcraft carb.
4. 3 1/2 Superlift spring lift
5. New body bushings and bolts.
6. Sway bar bushings and disco's
7. All new bearings and seals in front axle along with new brakes and calipers.
8. New U-joints in driveshafts and front axles
9. New tires, went with Duratracs 33x12.5x15 tires.
10. Fix kink in fuel line, replace sending unit in tank, replace seals in gear
So tonight we fired it up! Sounded great. My dad can not believe we actually got it running from what he saw we did on Saturday.
Next is get the radiator checked out, hook all the hoses up and install the 4.10 gears, limited slip for the rear.
New exhaust and then work out any and all bugs it has. This will include doing some wheeling around my place before handing it over to my parents.
After the "CJ" is done I will start a build thread of my own. Never thought I would do that on this site.
If I can get my daughters to post the video I made of it running on youtube I will post a video of it.
So here is where we where this Saturday.