Billet's AEV Build - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Billet's AEV Build

Drove up to Boone, NC and had Rubi Trux do the conversion on my 2014 Wrangler..AEV 3.5" SC lift, ProCal, BFG 315/70/17's, Pintler wheels, alignment, AEV front and rear bumper with rear tire carrier, Y pipe.
Took a day and a half so I had an overnighter in Boone. I really love the difference in handling, stance and appearance. Was happy to have a tech who has installed hundreds of AEV products. The guy was sharp and let me watch the entire install. Very Happy!



Another poser pic…winch some day…local chrysler dealer briefly.


On the Blue Ridge Parkway headed home…


poser side pic..

Had the s/s Y pipe installed..keep from cooking my rubber boot.

__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,029
I live in the town where AEV started and have been to their r&d shop several times. Very nice stuff and a great outfit. If I win the lotto a Brute with a 6.4 hemi is first on my list.

jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I live in the town where AEV started and have been to their r&d shop several times. Very nice stuff and a great outfit. If I win the lotto a Brute with a 6.4 hemi is first on my list.

jadmt,

cool…..I hope to visit their shop someday.
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
walc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salisbury, MD, USA
Posts: 121
Very cool!
__________________
2012 Rubicon, Call of Duty MW3, #1850
Previously: '11 Sport, '03 Rubicon, '02 X, '95 Sahara, '93 SE and '89 S
walc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 35
Looks Awesome. I traded in my 2014 2Dr. white Rubicon for 2014 Copperhead JKUR on Friday.
When I saw your post Saturday morning, You've have inspired me!

Cant decide on weather to go with the AEV 250 or the 350 package, eventually adding 5.7 Hemi upgrade. Gotta have the Hemi.
I think I'm going have all the work done at AEV.
Unless you talk me out of going direct
joeifagroup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Have Rubi Trux or AEV do the work. If AEV does the conversion you get the AEV badging.
As for package choices personal choice. You may consider checking out the AEV forum on their website. Absolutely personalizes the Jeep IMHO.
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
4DoorCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLET SILVER View Post
Have Rubi Trux or AEV do the work. If AEV does the conversion you get the AEV badging.
As for package choices personal choice. You may consider checking out the AEV forum on their website. Absolutely personalizes the Jeep IMHO.
Where you live to drive up to boone?
__________________
2012 Crush Jk sport
4DoorCrush is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Supporting Member Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizoner
Posts: 2,105
LOL "conversion"

-Dan
__________________
RockRaider4x4 - PM me for a quote
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/roc...ml#post9947009
Daniel_M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
brian d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan.
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLET SILVER View Post
Damn I never realized what that extra inch from a 2.5 to a 3.5 inch lift did to the front drive shaft angle.
__________________
2013 Billet Rubicon
Ace rock rails, 2.5 teraflex coil lift, AEV Geo brackets, Rancho 9000xl shocks all around, 35x12.5x15 Wrangler MTR's on Mb chaos wheels, Bushwacker flat flares, 12k winch on Rough Country hybrid bumper, Spyder rear bumper/carrier, KC long range windshield lights, rock lights and some other happy crap.
brian d is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian d View Post
Damn I never realized what that extra inch from a 2.5 to a 3.5 inch lift did to the front drive shaft angle.
amazed eh? This photo was taken with the jeep up on the lift. Suspension just hanging. The angle is not the same with full weight of the Jeep minus garage lift.
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
brian d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan.
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLET SILVER View Post
amazed eh? This photo was taken with the jeep up on the lift. Suspension just hanging.

Gotcha! Feel like an idiot now
__________________
2013 Billet Rubicon
Ace rock rails, 2.5 teraflex coil lift, AEV Geo brackets, Rancho 9000xl shocks all around, 35x12.5x15 Wrangler MTR's on Mb chaos wheels, Bushwacker flat flares, 12k winch on Rough Country hybrid bumper, Spyder rear bumper/carrier, KC long range windshield lights, rock lights and some other happy crap.
brian d is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
LOL "conversion"

-Dan
Yep, AEV conversion...loving it!
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian d View Post
Gotcha! Feel like an idiot now
No bro, it's all good.
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Just ordered the JW Speaker LED headlights/harness and matching LED fog lights.
Should have them by Wednesday or Tuesday. Happy,happy,happy....will post up pics
after install.
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 870
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLET SILVER View Post
Just ordered the JW Speaker LED headlights/harness and matching LED fog lights.
Should have them by Wednesday or Tuesday. Happy,happy,happy....will post up pics
after install.
from where? good black friday deal?
jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdambm View Post
from where? good black friday deal?
Discount Fleet Supply.
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
What exactly is being converted? Or is this a fancy way of saying, they installed a bunch of AEV parts.

What exactly requires a special shop to install?

Bumpers, lift, rims, etc... Are all pretty simple DIY bolt on upgrades.

Am U missing something?
TurbineGuy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
SmokNGun33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLET SILVER View Post
Drove up to Boone, NC and had Rubi Trux do the conversion on my 2014 Wrangler..AEV 3.5" SC lift, ProCal, BFG 315/70/17's, Pintler wheels, alignment, AEV front and rear bumper with rear tire carrier, Y pipe. Took a day and a half so I had an overnighter in Boone. I really love the difference in handling, stance and appearance. Was happy to have a tech who has installed hundreds of AEV products. The guy was sharp and let me watch the entire install. Very Happy! Another poser pic…winch some day…local chrysler dealer briefly. On the Blue Ridge Parkway headed home… poser side pic.. Had the s/s Y pipe installed..keep from cooking my rubber boot.
Slick!
__________________
Avoid the Clap- Jimmy Dugan
SmokNGun33 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Thorshammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lakeland Florida
Posts: 864
Looks great, nice choices!!
__________________
2009 JKUX {SOLD}
2013 JK Triple Black 6 Speed
JKS Disconnects
Cooper Discovery STT 35x12.5x17 on MB TKO 17X8.5
Thorshammer7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Mikel01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisville & St. Augustine Beach
Posts: 331
Images: 11
The CODs and Moab's IMO were equipped nicely with AEV gear.
__________________
Moab with 33" Goodyear SAs, Warn Zeon. AEV bumpers, skid plate, suspension, tire carrier, hood, pintler wheels, water tanks, procal and mud flaps/cargo mat. Grill guard and KC Apollo Pro lights. Done for now.
Mikel01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineGuy View Post
What exactly is being converted? Or is this a fancy way of saying, they installed a bunch of AEV parts.

What exactly requires a special shop to install?

Bumpers, lift, rims, etc... Are all pretty simple DIY bolt on upgrades.

Am U missing something?
It is mostly the bolts ons, but they add the AEV leather embroidery and AEV gauges. Unless you get a hemi, its not a conversion, more of an "AEV edition." For those that cant/dont want to build their own rigs, its a fine choice. Id never buy those dealer modded heaps.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
It is mostly the bolts ons, but they add the AEV leather embroidery and AEV gauges. Unless you get a hemi, its not a conversion, more of an "AEV edition." For those that cant/dont want to build their own rigs, its a fine choice. Id never buy those dealer modded heaps.
Got ya. That's what I suspected. The leather/gauges probably require a bit of specialty knowledge. Everything else is boilerplate.
TurbineGuy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 5,029
it is a beautiful wrangler. Not sure why a couple of guys like to rain on parades. The way I look at it he had a nice wrangler converted to the vehicle of his dreams so why get hung up on verbage.
jadmt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #24
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Thorshammer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lakeland Florida
Posts: 864
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
it is a beautiful wrangler. Not sure why a couple of guys like to rain on parades. The way i look at it he had a nice wrangler converted to the vehicle of his dreams so why get hung up on verbage.
+1
__________________
2009 JKUX {SOLD}
2013 JK Triple Black 6 Speed
JKS Disconnects
Cooper Discovery STT 35x12.5x17 on MB TKO 17X8.5
Thorshammer7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
it is a beautiful wrangler. Not sure why a couple of guys like to rain on parades. The way I look at it he had a nice wrangler converted to the vehicle of his dreams so why get hung up on verbage.

"envy" is one of the most difficult emotions to control most of the time revealing inadequacies or short comings in ones life.

Jadmt no one can rain on my parade or dreams, I am having a blast with my Jeep! I could care less what others think....I am very happy with how it turned out. My $$$ my Jeep, my ride. It's really amazing what you learn about members on public forums without ever meeting them. Never have been impressed by high post counts, gee, isn't everything a bolt on? lol!

I have had more compliments than I can count which is cool, but hey either way life goes on..... AEV is a top shelf "bolt on" custom tuned Jeep suspension IMHO and I really like it!

Thanks for the compliment!
__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
2004 lj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,415
Beautiful jeep...looks great
__________________
Yes it is a rubicon
2004 lj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
Mikel01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Louisville & St. Augustine Beach
Posts: 331
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLET SILVER View Post
"envy" is one of the most difficult emotions to control most of the time revealing inadequacies or short comings in ones life.

Jadmt no one can rain on my parade or dreams, I am having a blast with my Jeep! I could care less what others think....I am very happy with how it turned out. My $$$ my Jeep, my ride. It's really amazing what you learn about members on public forums without ever meeting them. Never have been impressed by high post counts, gee, isn't everything a bolt on? lol!

I have had more compliments than I can count which is cool, but hey either way life goes on..... AEV is a top shelf "bolt on" custom tuned Jeep suspension IMHO and I really like it!

Thanks for the compliment!

I completely agree. I like the AEV packages. My Moab came equipped with AEV hood, front/rear bumpers, front skid plate. The quality of their products appeal to the engineer side of me and they look cool too.
__________________
Moab with 33" Goodyear SAs, Warn Zeon. AEV bumpers, skid plate, suspension, tire carrier, hood, pintler wheels, water tanks, procal and mud flaps/cargo mat. Grill guard and KC Apollo Pro lights. Done for now.
Mikel01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
slsbl77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Posts: 79
Send a message via Yahoo to slsbl77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineGuy View Post
What exactly is being converted? Or is this a fancy way of saying, they installed a bunch of AEV parts.

What exactly requires a special shop to install?

Bumpers, lift, rims, etc... Are all pretty simple DIY bolt on upgrades.

Am U missing something?
"Simple" has many possibilities...availability of a place to do the "bolt ons", tools for same, knowledge for same, time to do same, etc.
OP has a great Jeep with excellent mods. Good looking' machine!
Bob
__________________
White '13 JKU, AEV JK350 Rubicon, JW Speaker Evos, Hot Headliners, Cobra 75 WX ST, Poly Performance Bolt Kit, ACE sliders, Riddler diff covers.



Gone; 72 Commando, 91 YJ, 13 Sahara
slsbl77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
DuneWrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 82
Great looking jeep OP! Love that height, do you plan on doing any driveshaft changes because of your height?
DuneWrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
BILLET SILVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boondocks, NC
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneWrangler View Post
Great looking jeep OP! Love that height, do you plan on doing any driveshaft changes because of your height?
For now, no changes. In the future its possible I my go to a smaller diameter D/S.

Gonna move this post over to build thread..per Kjeeper10..a good idea.

__________________
My build-http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/bi...ld-404146.html

"Life is no dress rehearsal"
2014 BILLET SILVER JKUS
BILLET SILVER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC