Branman's 2014 Anvil Rubicon build thread - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
WhooHoo! your going to love it! What shade are you doing?
I'm not sure honestly. I was thinking either 35 or 20.

__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Done! I went with 15% because the guy put a meter on the back and it was 16% so I figured just match it. Im happy with the job and it matches perfect.


__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #33
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,832
Looking good, B-man!
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBrite View Post
Looking good, B-man!
Thanks!

I also just threw on some clear fender markers. I got them from Quadratec. They are the crown automotive ones. I'm happy for 30 bucks and it gets rid of those amber markers that just really standout.



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-217538464.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	488698



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3704122568.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	488706
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 572
Man She is looking gorgeous!

I just ordered my JW fogs thanks to you man!
__________________
Save The Manuals!

2014 JKU-R Copperhead
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/3pe...ad-354434.html
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Man She is looking gorgeous! I just ordered my JW fogs thanks to you man!
Thanks man!!!

I hear this a lot

Where do you end up picking them up from?
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #37
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,832
Those side markers look great!

Texas has vehicle inspections and I'm afraid I'd get failed if I did that to mine. So, I'm stuck with Amber...
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBrite View Post
Those side markers look great! Texas has vehicle inspections and I'm afraid I'd get failed if I did that to mine. So, I'm stuck with Amber...
Thanks!! I would fail as well. It took me about 10 minutes to swap them both and I have never them before. I'm sure I could speed it up for round 2. So I'm not too worried when inspection time comes around because I'll just swap them. They do light up orange so shouldn't get any issues from cops.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #39
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,832
If I were electrically inclined, I'd probably do to same thing.
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
Turchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
Posts: 473
Looks great Branman.

I am accumulating parts for my build also. Looks like two more weeks now.
__________________
2014 Flame Red JKU Sport S 6-spd Manual, Connectivity, Alpine, Max tow, Hard top
285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, ACE Rock Sliders
Turchman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turchman View Post
Looks great Branman. I am accumulating parts for my build also. Looks like two more weeks now.
Thanks Turch!

Your getting very close. I hope it arrives sooner then later.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post
Thanks man!!!

I hear this a lot

Where do you end up picking them up from?
haha! I got them from Jeep Parts & Jeep Accessories by 4WD Hardware Had a 5% off coupon too! Made them $300 and some change
__________________
Save The Manuals!

2014 JKU-R Copperhead
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/3pe...ad-354434.html
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
haha! I got them from Jeep Parts & Jeep Accessories by 4WD Hardware Had a 5% off coupon too! Made them $300 and some change
Nice! That's what I paid from rebel off-road. I was going to pm you and tell you to go there but I checked the price again before I did and it's back up to like $370.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Autoanything.com has the Banks air intake on sale right now for $245. I may need to buy myself an early christmas gift haha.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post
Thanks! I also just threw on some clear fender markers. I got them from Quadratec. They are the crown automotive ones. I'm happy for 30 bucks and it gets rid of those amber markers that just really standout.
Did you have to drill out the plastic rivet that holds the inner finder liner to the fender in order to get at the side markers?

thanks,
Mark
__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR - X
mjc999 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #46
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc999 View Post
Did you have to drill out the plastic rivet that holds the inner finder liner to the fender in order to get at the side markers?

thanks,
Mark
Nope. I reused the same clips I removed. The center of the clip actually pushes in which releases the clips. They are a little tricky and Im sure can easily be broken. I used a punch and hammer and gently tapped them in. Once the install was complete I used a set of channel locks to go in behind the clip to lock it back in.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Installed magnaflow catback yesterday. It's sounds amazing. I will get some pics when the weather clears up. It's the rock crawler system which tucks everything up so nothing hanging out the back. I probably lost a few pounds also. The stock system is pretty heavy.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bronx
Posts: 141
One of the most informative write ups so far, with very good pics and explanation as to how to mount said items. I have SUBBED. Makes me want to get a 2 door over a 4dr to be honest. Still debating. I just LOVE the look of a 2 dr, but the roominess of a 4dr. Decisions, Decisions.
Ivan M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan M View Post
One of the most informative write ups so far, with very good pics and explanation as to how to mount said items. I have SUBBED. Makes me want to get a 2 door over a 4dr to be honest. Still debating. I just LOVE the look of a 2 dr, but the roominess of a 4dr. Decisions, Decisions.
Thank you very much!

Yeah in with you on that. I love the 4 door but only if it's lifted with larger tires.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
BCHBUGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 31
Thanks for the great info, picked up a Rubi X in the same color last week.
__________________
2014 Rubicon X
2014 Jeep GC Overland
1998 Carrera Cabriolet
2012 GC SRT8-Sold
2013 JKU Sahara-Sold
2009 GC SRT8-Sold
BCHBUGE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHBUGE View Post
Thanks for the great info, picked up a Rubi X in the same color last week.
Nice! Congrats! I'm so glad I got this color over the billet silver I originally wanted.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bronx
Posts: 141
Bran can you explain how you got the dealer to switch to the 285/70/17 tires you wanted. Did they keep your old ones as an even swap? Or did you have to pay extra and keep the originals. I will be ordering my jeep next month and want to know if i decide to go 2 dr instead of 4, seeing yours looks PERFECT! Thanks in advance.
Ivan M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan M View Post
Bran can you explain how you got the dealer to switch to the 285/70/17 tires you wanted. Did they keep your old ones as an even swap? Or did you have to pay extra and keep the originals. I will be ordering my jeep next month and want to know if i decide to go 2 dr instead of 4, seeing yours looks PERFECT! Thanks in advance.
They kept my tires. I did have to pay money on top but I wanted to roll that into my payments. I also didn't want to worry about selling the stockers. I'm really happy with the tires and the size I got. The factory bfgs are a mud terrain where as the duratracs are more of an all terrain. I wanted a little better wet weather handling and also ice traction on the duratracs would be better considering the siping. I think they are the best of both worlds which is why everyone buys them. They look super aggressive for an all terrain and they are great on and off road.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bronx
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post
They kept my tires. I did have to pay money on top but I wanted to roll that into my payments. I also didn't want to worry about selling the stockers. I'm really happy with the tires and the size I got. The factory bfgs are a mud terrain where as the duratracs are more of an all terrain. I wanted a little better wet weather handling and also ice traction on the duratracs would be better considering the siping. I think they are the best of both worlds which is why everyone buys them. They look super aggressive for an all terrain and they are great on and off road.
Awesome info...Thank you so much. I will most likely go this route as well. I actually don't care for the ride on the rubi with the stock tires it comes with. I test drove a 10 A a few months back, a 2dr and it was a rough ride.
Ivan M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan M View Post
Awesome info...Thank you so much. I will most likely go this route as well. I actually don't care for the ride on the rubi with the stock tires it comes with. I test drove a 10 A a few months back, a 2dr and it was a rough ride.
You will love the duratracs then. The ride is awesome and they are very quiet for being so aggressive looking.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #56
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,832
Can't wait to see your new pictures, Branman!
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #57
Overlander

WF Supporting Member
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 445
Your Jeep looks great Branman. I like the Duratracs on the stock Rubi wheels.

Quick question on your 6145 fogs. I have the JW Headlights and stock fogs right now. With the headlights on and adjusted correctly they are so bright that I can't even tell when I turn on the stock fogs. I had the JWvfogs on order from a vendor but canceled since they wouldn't make it in time for my trip.

Do the JW fogs add a bunch more light to the headlights or are they barely noticeable with them on? I love my JW headlights, such a crisp bright light makes driving in the dark fun again.
__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
Ageless Stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post
You will love the duratracs then. The ride is awesome and they are very quiet for being so aggressive looking.
This. I wore out a set of them on my TJ, and replaced them with MT/Rs. Wish I had bought another set of Duratracs.
Ageless Stranger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Your Jeep looks great Branman. I like the Duratracs on the stock Rubi wheels.

Quick question on your 6145 fogs. I have the JW Headlights and stock fogs right now. With the headlights on and adjusted correctly they are so bright that I can't even tell when I turn on the stock fogs. I had the JWvfogs on order from a vendor but canceled since they wouldn't make it in time for my trip.

Do the JW fogs add a bunch more light to the headlights or are they barely noticeable with them on? I love my JW headlights, such a crisp bright light makes driving in the dark fun again.
Thanks!

Milkman I was kinda thinking the same thing. I took a chance on them as I really wanted the headlights and fogs to match. I was also so impressed with the headlights I knew I wasnt going to be let down by the fogs. The first night I drove with them installed i didnt really notice them..........until I turned them off. They basically fill in where the headlights dont reach directly in front of the jeep. They are also super wide just like the headlights. I wouldnt say they are absolutely necessary if you have the headlights but I have yet to think it was a bad investment. Im 100% happy with the lighting and in my opinion it was money well spent.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
This. I wore out a set of them on my TJ, and replaced them with MT/Rs. Wish I had bought another set of Duratracs.
Curious to know how many miles you got out of them?

__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC