I just bed lined my 4-door with Monstaliner - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
JenyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 492
She's just filthy inside

JenyGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #32
Thank you Veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 23,682
If you want a bed liner but want it professionally done, you may want to check into Rhino Liner: Rhino Linings | Spray Bed Liner, Spray On Bed Liners, Spray in Bed Liner. You can search for a local dealer and talk to them.

Beastmaster is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #33
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenyGirl View Post
Yours looks amazing. Want to come to Jersey to do mine. I'm great when it comes to remodeling a home, but I'm not going to take on this job. Mainly because I do not have the space and I'm not good with all the wiring, blah blah blah, BUT.... It needs to get done. The only place I still have carpet is in the cargo area. So far I've been using these mats Forever and they never slide, But as you can see, it's time for a power wash and it's in total need of a line ASAP!!!



Attachment 272252



Attachment 272253
If i were you i would start to remove the toothpaste crap at my leisure. There's primer under it so as long as you dont go through that to bare metal it wont rust..unless its already rusting..

that was the hardest part of monstaliner for me.

monstaliner really impressed me after i took a dog for a ride. Jeep had been sitting in the hot sun all day, top down, doors off. Seats and center console were blistering hot. I touched the bed to make sure it wasnt hot, and it was...warm. Not hot, not cold. Not hot at ALL. But the seats were

After i got to my destination i inspected the monstaliner for damage. I saw scratches! Well, it turned out the monstaliner had filed down the dogs nails a little bit. The monstaliner wasn't damaged at all.

I rolled it on too thin in some places and need to touch it up. But i got the parts that require dissassembling things done well, so it shouldnt be too bad. Mostly just the cargo area.
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
JenyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post

If i were you i would start to remove the toothpaste crap at my leisure. There's primer under it so as long as you dont go through that to bare metal it wont rust..unless its already rusting.. .
Would that be the rigid tar looking crap? sorry. Toothpaste crap through me off :-)

No rust, but where the plugs go, looks a little crappy where the water drains out...That is, when I do power wash it.

I actually just posted in the wanted section 4 plugs, as I left them sitting someplace
JenyGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
JenyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
If you want a bed liner but want it professionally done, you may want to check into Rhino Liner: Rhino Linings | Spray Bed Liner, Spray On Bed Liners, Spray in Bed Liner. You can search for a local dealer and talk to them.
Definitely going to search for this. Do you hope there is somebody in my area even if I have to pay which is always the case :-/
JenyGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
jwink41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post

Good idea.

I decided to go with the entire Tuffy enclosure though.
That's a good call!
jwink41 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
unlimitedsoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 681
ok so big question... how does it hold up? is it tough and durable? bc if so im ordering it next week!!!!! and working on it over the weekend.

and where did you get it?
__________________

OATH KEEPER!!
2004 LJ Build Thread
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/20...ld-258949.html
unlimitedsoldier is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
JenyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwink41 View Post

That's a good call!
Tuffy enclosure? Am I missing something or is it something other than security options
JenyGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
JenyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 492
Definiyely NOT going for rhino. Looks awful!! I think I'm going to skip lining it with any type of spray and just find a different liner that can be installed without removing everything. Heard bedtred was good
JenyGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
bcj366's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 106
subscribed
bcj366 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenyGirl View Post
Definiyely NOT going for rhino. Looks awful!! I think I'm going to skip lining it with any type of spray and just find a different liner that can be installed without removing everything. Heard bedtred was good
Why does it look awful? I've never been around rhino in person. Monstaliner looks great if you ask me. A lot of people think i have carpet until they look close.

You're going to have to remove a lot of stuff to make any paint on bedliner look right. I didn't pull my center console, just taped it up and covered it with plastic, and for the most part it looks great, but theres a couple little spots that i missed up under it that you can see. I pulled all the plastic trim crap and had to replace pretty much all the little plastic rivets that hold it in which cost around $20. Had a few people ask me if thats what's under the carpet from the factory. Guess i did a good job LOL. but i know where all the flaws are. I'm going to re-coat the cargo area floor and tailgate completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedsoldier View Post
ok so big question... how does it hold up? is it tough and durable? bc if so im ordering it next week!!!!! and working on it over the weekend.

and where did you get it?
It holds up great after the initial *SEVEN DAY* period it takes to cure the product completely. If you install the seats before it's fully cured, you will scrape a spot off somewhere. I did. Nobody notices the scrape though. Hell i scraped the *outside* of my jeep putting the seats in. whoops.......

but seriously, i've had a dog in my jeep. Before i let him in i checked and made sure the monstaliner was cool, i had had the top down for several days and it was in direct sunlight. It was very slightly warm, definitely a comfortable temperature for the doggy. The seats and center console arm rest on the other hand, were BLISTERING HOT.

With the backseat out i let him chill in the cargo area floor. I couldn't get him to lay down because he was so excited, he apparently loves jeeping. There were scratch marks from his claws sliding around, but thats just because the monstaliner abraded his nails a little bit. Washed right off. Did not scratch the monstaliner at all, it was much stronger than his nails. However, it doesnt give the doggy any traction at all.

When i hose out the jeep the monstaliner gets water spots as bad as a black car would. That sucks but its meh.

It also shows dirt more than carpet would. Obviously.

It stays cooler than paint would but the transmission tunnel gets pretty warm. Uncomfortably warm with sandals.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JenyGirl View Post
Would that be the rigid tar looking crap? sorry. Toothpaste crap through me off :-)

No rust, but where the plugs go, looks a little crappy where the water drains out...That is, when I do power wash it.

I actually just posted in the wanted section 4 plugs, as I left them sitting someplace
Yes, it would be tar looking crap. But to me, it looks like someone took a tube of toothpaste and squeezed it out to make those patterns.

My jeep never came with plugs. Why bother? It'll just create lakes if you get rained in.
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,076
Line-x is another option for professional bedliner. Not any cheaper, but from the one's I have seen line-x has a smoother looking texture, while the rhino has a rougher more splotchy look to it.

If i remember they quoted me $675 to do the interior of my TJ. So obviously more expensive for a 4 door.

I couldn't afford that, I just went with the raptor spray on, roughly $150 shipped, and borrowed my buddies air compressor. but spray on's are more prep than roll ons. roll ons you can just tape off the area surrounding what you are painting. Spray on's you have to cover everything, overspray is hard to controll. In the end though, good looking product if you take your time with it.
__________________
War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left.
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 36
Lining my interior is on my listof things to do - so little time, so little money!
rsscoggins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
Getnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mickey Town
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwink41 View Post
Looks great! Monstaliner is my second best mod! Now you have to get the tuffy cubby cover. It looks better with the Monstaliner than the OEM IMO.
Does this Tuffy make the storage area waterproof by chance?
Troy
__________________

2010 JK. Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex, 35" BFG KM2s on Mickey Thompson Sidebiters, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, Poison Spyder rear Rockbrawler II bumper, Poison Spyder front Rockbrawler bumper with Warn M8000-S, AEV Snorkel, Spartan front locker. Oh, and tons of "Trail Tattoos!"
Getnoff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #45
302
Jeeper
 
302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post
Why does it look awful? I've never been around rhino in person. Monstaliner looks great if you ask me. A lot of people think i have carpet until they look close.

You're going to have to remove a lot of stuff to make any paint on bedliner look right. I didn't pull my center console, just taped it up and covered it with plastic, and for the most part it looks great, but theres a couple little spots that i missed up under it that you can see. I pulled all the plastic trim crap and had to replace pretty much all the little plastic rivets that hold it in which cost around $20. Had a few people ask me if thats what's under the carpet from the factory. Guess i did a good job LOL. but i know where all the flaws are. I'm going to re-coat the cargo area floor and tailgate completely.


It holds up great after the initial *SEVEN DAY* period it takes to cure the product completely. If you install the seats before it's fully cured, you will scrape a spot off somewhere. I did. Nobody notices the scrape though. Hell i scraped the *outside* of my jeep putting the seats in. whoops.......

but seriously, i've had a dog in my jeep. Before i let him in i checked and made sure the monstaliner was cool, i had had the top down for several days and it was in direct sunlight. It was very slightly warm, definitely a comfortable temperature for the doggy. The seats and center console arm rest on the other hand, were BLISTERING HOT.

With the backseat out i let him chill in the cargo area floor. I couldn't get him to lay down because he was so excited, he apparently loves jeeping. There were scratch marks from his claws sliding around, but thats just because the monstaliner abraded his nails a little bit. Washed right off. Did not scratch the monstaliner at all, it was much stronger than his nails. However, it doesnt give the doggy any traction at all.

When i hose out the jeep the monstaliner gets water spots as bad as a black car would. That sucks but its meh.

It also shows dirt more than carpet would. Obviously.

It stays cooler than paint would but the transmission tunnel gets pretty warm. Uncomfortably warm with sandals.



Yes, it would be tar looking crap. But to me, it looks like someone took a tube of toothpaste and squeezed it out to make those patterns.

My jeep never came with plugs. Why bother? It'll just create lakes if you get rained in.
Sadly thats the reason I won't be doing this mod. I wear sandals 330/365 days of the year.
__________________
2013 JK Sport /CG/33" Duractracs/ProComp 7069's/Teraflex 2.5" lift/RK Lowers/ACE Rock Rails/Spiderwebshades/etc

And now the waiting game: JCR Stubby stinger, JCR rear bumper/tire carrier,warn powerplant...
302 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #46
Thank you Veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 23,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getnoff View Post
Does this Tuffy make the storage area waterproof by chance?
Troy
I don't have the small cover that goes over the tool compartment so I can't speak for that. I do have the large enclosure and it is in no way waterproof. The good news is that all I need to do if I'm caught in the rain is to remove my tools and other things and let it air out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
Sadly thats the reason I won't be doing this mod. I wear sandals 330/365 days of the year.
I wore sandals all summer long in 100 - 110 temps and had no problem.
Beastmaster is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
gr8fulKID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 787
This is my favorite mod. During this diy job, you can really put the jk's carpet to use. Use it as a drop cloth for the job!!!
gr8fulKID is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #48
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx6x9x View Post
Line-x is another option for professional bedliner. Not any cheaper, but from the one's I have seen line-x has a smoother looking texture, while the rhino has a rougher more splotchy look to it.

If i remember they quoted me $675 to do the interior of my TJ. So obviously more expensive for a 4 door.

I couldn't afford that, I just went with the raptor spray on, roughly $150 shipped, and borrowed my buddies air compressor. but spray on's are more prep than roll ons. roll ons you can just tape off the area surrounding what you are painting. Spray on's you have to cover everything, overspray is hard to controll. In the end though, good looking product if you take your time with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
Sadly thats the reason I won't be doing this mod. I wear sandals 330/365 days of the year.
Throw carpet in the front leave the rest out. Wash when needed.

It wont stop me from wearing sandals though.
__________________
Everytime i have ever posted, its always bull that comes out of me
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
jwink41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getnoff View Post
Does this Tuffy make the storage area waterproof by chance? Troy
Troy, it doesn't without modification. I read a thread where someone put a seal around the taffy cover which seemed to work. There's a bit of a gap between the cover and the floor when it's closed.
jwink41 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
jwink41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
Sadly thats the reason I won't be doing this mod. I wear sandals 330/365 days of the year.
I wear flip flops 90% of the time. Never a problem but I have the quadratec all-WX mats.
jwink41 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #51
Jeeper
 
Getnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mickey Town
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwink41 View Post
Troy, it doesn't without modification. I read a thread where someone put a seal around the taffy cover which seemed to work. There's a bit of a gap between the cover and the floor when it's closed.
Thanks.
Troy
__________________

2010 JK. Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex, 35" BFG KM2s on Mickey Thompson Sidebiters, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, Poison Spyder rear Rockbrawler II bumper, Poison Spyder front Rockbrawler bumper with Warn M8000-S, AEV Snorkel, Spartan front locker. Oh, and tons of "Trail Tattoos!"
Getnoff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
gryphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwink41 View Post
I wear flip flops 90% of the time. Never a problem but I have the quadratec all-WX mats.
Must live someplace warm.. jealous.
gryphus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #53
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
I wear flip flops in my monstalined jeep a lot. No problem. But my feet do get a little toasty....
__________________
Everytime i have ever posted, its always bull that comes out of me
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
jwink41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphus View Post
Must live someplace warm.. jealous.
Right now I do. That'll change soon enough!
jwink41 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #55
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,944
I was thinking of doing my soon to be purchased P.S. alum fenders.Question is If some gets damaged du to contact with a tree or rock how hard is it going to be to touch up? Would a flat black spray paint be a better choice?
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #56
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeeplvr View Post
I was thinking of doing my soon to be purchased P.S. alum fenders.Question is If some gets damaged du to contact with a tree or rock how hard is it going to be to touch up? Would a flat black spray paint be a better choice?
I think youre going to damage the fenders before the monstaliner. Its a great choice, it doesnt get hot in the sun.

I use the back of my jeep like a pickup truck sometimes and have yet to scratch the monsta....except for when i was in a rush to put my seats in, and scraped a little before it cured fully. You need to really let it cure for a week like they say for heavy use.
__________________
Everytime i have ever posted, its always bull that comes out of me
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #57
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post
I think youre going to damage the fenders before the monstaliner. Its a great choice, it doesnt get hot in the sun.

I use the back of my jeep like a pickup truck sometimes and have yet to scratch the monsta....except for when i was in a rush to put my seats in, and scraped a little before it cured fully. You need to really let it cure for a week like they say for heavy use.
What about going around that hoop on the top of my ARB bumper? Is it going to be a pita to get it evenly around that using the roller or should I use something in a can?
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #58
Thank you Veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 23,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeeplvr View Post
What about going around that hoop on the top of my ARB bumper? Is it going to be a pita to get it evenly around that using the roller or should I use something in a can?

You don't have to use a roller, you can use a brush like you do inside in tight places, you just won't get the same texture. My experiance with rattle can bed liner is that it has a very rough texture and is hard to clean so that's why I went with Monstaliner in the first place.
That being said, I use Krylon to touch-up my powder coated fenders and bumpers. The color and texture matches it very well.


On a side note, I just ordered a small can of O.D. Green for my Willys, the paint chip they sent was almost an exact match to my paint. I tried using the discount code that has been floating around the interwebs for a while (FREESHIP as I recall) to get free shipping and it didn't work.
Beastmaster is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #59
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
michiganadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 2,367
My experience is it looks like crap with a brush trying to make it textured

But you could use a brush with a normal method or maybe a foam brush and itll be smooth...and just as strong...
__________________
Everytime i have ever posted, its always bull that comes out of me
michiganadam is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #60
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 2,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganadam View Post
My experience is it looks like crap with a brush trying to make it textured

But you could use a brush with a normal method or maybe a foam brush and itll be smooth...and just as strong...
So its the roller that gives it the wrinkly texture? Do you think its possible to pull off using the roller on that tube?

1jeeplvr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
4-door , bed liner , bedliner , monstaliner , sarge

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC