MnJK's 2014 "Timber Wolf" Build Thread - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #31
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turchman View Post
I am wondering if the JKU springs wouldn't be just the right lift for you? It would counter the weight, plus give you a little lift, since the Unlimited weighs more. They are cheap enough, that it would be worth trying.
Worth checking out. I recall reading a few posts about that. Thanks for the reminder!

__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
A couple little changes…

Mopar door sills and flush mount gas cover.
The gas cover is ridiculously priced….but then again, I shouldn't talk since I bought it. Teraflex has a nice video with their quirky humor on how to get the stock part off:

Durartrac 285/70/R17s ordered and will be installed Friday…will be good to get rid of the little donuts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Sill After.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	526274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas Cap Far.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	526290  


__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post
A couple little changes…

Mopar door sills and flush mount gas cover.
The gas cover is ridiculously priced….but then again, I shouldn't talk since I bought it. Teraflex has a nice video with their quirky humor on how to get the stock part off:

Durartrac 285/70/R17s ordered and will be installed Friday…will be good to get rid of the little donuts!
Couple of observations- you said you are going with 33's because you didn't like the stock donuts. But the stock donuts are 32's. I would recommend going 315/70/17 Duratracs instead of the 285's. The 315/70/17 (35" metric equivalent) only measure 34.4" I talked a buddy of mine into the 315/70/17 and he's so happy he did that over the 285's. Anyway, just a thought for you. By the way my buddy has an AEV 2.5" lift and the 315/70/17 look and drive great
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #34
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Couple of observations- you said you are going with 33's because you didn't like the stock donuts. But the stock donuts are 32's. I would recommend going 315/70/17 Duratracs instead of the 285's. The 315/70/17 (35" metric equivalent) only measure 34.4" I talked a buddy of mine into the 315/70/17 and he's so happy he did that over the 285's. Anyway, just a thought for you. By the way my buddy has an AEV 2.5" lift and the 315/70/17 look and drive great
What gearing does he have? I have 3.73 was reluctant to go to 35's without 4.10 based on some tire/gear ratio charts I looked at. The stock tires are not very well rated and I wanted something better for the MN winters, amore aggressive tread pattern, and a tire that would do well off-loading.
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post
What gearing does he have? I have 3.73 was reluctant to go to 35's without 4.10 based on some tire/gear ratio charts I looked at. The stock tires are not very well rated and I wanted something better for the MN winters, amore aggressive tread pattern, and a tire that would do well off-loading.
35s and 3.73 are not ideal but its def not as bad as some people make it out to be on the forums.

I am happy with my 285s. I didnt need to buy a lift (maybe do a small spacer lift), I can throw the spare right on without worrying about the carrier failing down the road or paying for an upgrade. My mpg doesnt change at all. These were all the deciding factors in my decision.

I wouldnt worry as much about the gearing but just some other things that come with 35s. If you comfortable with upgrading a few things, maybe lose a mpg or two and adding a lift then go 35s for sure.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Scotia, NY
Posts: 25
Like what you have done so far
blackandlime is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post

What gearing does he have? I have 3.73 was reluctant to go to 35's without 4.10 based on some tire/gear ratio charts I looked at. The stock tires are not very well rated and I wanted something better for the MN winters, amore aggressive tread pattern, and a tire that would do well off-loading.
Oh sorry. He has 4.1 I just swapped to 4.56 as mentioned. If you want free delivery of my old 4.10's I'll be home for Christmas! 4.10's are prefect for 35's at sea level (or close to it MN ~ 800-900?!)

If you ever plan to go to 37's I'd say do 4.56 or 4.88 (4.88 especially if you will be towing- this puts you right back to stock ratio/feel)
But if you are for certain about staying at 35's I'd say the 4.10's will be the best for your location. Since I'm at high altitudes 5,000-11,000, have lots of weight, and tow sometimes. I chose to do the 4.56. It's awesome. Would have stayed at 4.10's but after 26,000 miles I realized I was really not getting everything out of the Jeep that I lost with lift, tires, weight etc. wish I would have regeared right away! I had no idea one change in ratio could be so different.

As for tires I'd recommend 315/70/17 duratracs. Great for everything you mentioned! I'm loving mine.

Also both my buddies and my Jeep are 2012/2013 JKUR
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post

35s and 3.73 are not ideal but its def not as bad as some people make it out to be on the forums.

I am happy with my 285s. I didnt need to buy a lift (maybe do a small spacer lift), I can throw the spare right on without worrying about the carrier failing down the road or paying for an upgrade. My mpg doesnt change at all. These were all the deciding factors in my decision.

I wouldnt worry as much about the gearing but just some other things that come with 35s. If you comfortable with upgrading a few things, maybe lose a mpg or two and adding a lift then go 35s for sure.
It really depends on location and usage for gears. I cannot believe the difference. I've regeared before but from 3.73 to 4.88 on an '93 XJ 4.0 w/ 33's. That was great but this new 4.56 feels amazing. More miles will give me a better idea though!

So far I'm still able t get 20 MPG at 60 MPH that's just a short initial break-in drive though. Not long distance numbers
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #39
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Oh sorry. He has 4.1 I just swapped to 4.56 as mentioned. If you want free delivery of my old 4.10's I'll be home for Christmas! 4.10's are prefect for 35's at sea level (or close to it MN ~ 800-900?!)

If you ever plan to go to 37's I'd say do 4.56 or 4.88 (4.88 especially if you will be towing- this puts you right back to stock ratio/feel)
But if you are for certain about staying at 35's I'd say the 4.10's will be the best for your location. Since I'm at high altitudes 5,000-11,000, have lots of weight, and tow sometimes. I chose to do the 4.56. It's awesome. Would have stayed at 4.10's but after 26,000 miles I realized I was really not getting everything out of the Jeep that I lost with lift, tires, weight etc. wish I would have regeared right away! I had no idea one change in ratio could be so different.

As for tires I'd recommend 315/70/17 duratracs. Great for everything you mentioned! I'm loving mine.

Also both my buddies and my Jeep are 2012/2013 JKUR
That's a generous offer, CO! I haven't looked into compatibility between the model years but off-hand I assume they're be the same and the gears are in good shape.

If it makes a difference in your decision to bring 'em here, I'm going to wait on re-gearing until the 33s wear out because by that time I'll most likely be moving this rig to a weekender, upsizing to 35s, lifting, etc. So, if you want to pass the gears along to someone who will use them now - no worries! Otherwise, I'll take you up on your very generous offer. Whatever you're most comfortable with!
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
A completely trivial but fun change…jeep tail light covers. Was skeptical but thought I'd try them and they actually look great!

Also swapped out the stock tires for DuraTrac 285/70/R17s. Obviously, much, much happier with these. Can't wait for a big snow. Lighting is pretty poor in this pic though.

Think I'm pretty much done until Spring besides maybe some minor interior stuff over the winter months. Of course, there is always a winch whispering in my ear!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail Light.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	536522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	536530  

__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #41
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandlime View Post
Like what you have done so far
Thanks, man. Definitely fun to personalize her a bit!
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK
A completely trivial but fun change…jeep tail light covers. Was skeptical but thought I'd try them and they actually look great!

Also swapped out the stock tires for DuraTrac 285/70/R17s. Obviously, much, much happier with these. Can't wait for a big snow. Lighting is pretty poor in this pic though.

Think I'm pretty much done until Spring besides maybe some minor interior stuff over the winter months. Of course, there is always a winch whispering in my ear!
Nice
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,671
Nicely done, MnJK!
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - TeraFlex Monster Trackbar/Adjustable LCAs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper - Crown Stainless Brake Lines - MORE Dead Pedal - Polk DB651/6501
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
StarBrite is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #44
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
rgwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 132
Thanks for sharing. That is the front bumper I want, so good to know a "non-mechanic" can do it in the garage.

Also looking at the same tires, they do look good.

And thanks for the note on the Hood Hinges, that is something I have added to my list.

:-)
rgwinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #45
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Pics with better lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	539274   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0706.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	539282  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0708.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	539290   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0707.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	539298  

__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #46
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwinn View Post
Thanks for sharing. That is the front bumper I want, so good to know a "non-mechanic" can do it in the garage.

Also looking at the same tires, they do look good.

And thanks for the note on the Hood Hinges, that is something I have added to my list.

:-)
I'm definitely a non-mechanic but can follow directions so you shouldn't have any trouble with the bumper!
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 604
This color looks killer even dirty.

btw what tire pressure are you running?
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #48
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
A few pics of the ACE rear bumper LED back-up lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0673.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	539458   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0672.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	539466  

__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #49
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branman View Post
This color looks killer even dirty.

btw what tire pressure are you running?
DCT set them at 42 psi. Reading through various threads, that seems higher than what others have posted but quite a bit of variability from 30 to 40 psi. Read about doing a chalk test so may have to do that this afternoon after the Vikes gam and see.

What is yours set at?
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #50
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,671
Those lights are amazing! Definitely need to figure out something like that for mine!
__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - TeraFlex Monster Trackbar/Adjustable LCAs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper - Crown Stainless Brake Lines - MORE Dead Pedal - Polk DB651/6501
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
StarBrite is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
Branman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post
DCT set them at 42 psi. Reading through various threads, that seems higher than what others have posted but quite a bit of variability from 30 to 40 psi. Read about doing a chalk test so may have to do that this afternoon after the Vikes gam and see.

What is yours set at?
Mine are set at 37 which I think may be high. I have yet to do the chalk test. I need to get on that.
__________________
2014 2dr ANVIL Rubicon

My Build Thread
Branman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #52
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBrite View Post
Those lights are amazing! Definitely need to figure out something like that for mine!
Yeah, they are plenty bright. Brushed up on morse code and have been chatting with the space station!
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 228
Hey, MnJK. This is a great page. What you're doing with your ride is great. What wheels are those? Have you decided on a lift?
__________________
'14 Sport S, 2dr, Manual, 3.73
DC Bluesoul is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bluesoul View Post
Hey, MnJK. This is a great page. What you're doing with your ride is great. What wheels are those? Have you decided on a lift?
Thanks, Bluesoul and glad to see yours finally arrived!! Gotta luv the 2 dr manual. Wheels are 17" Rugged Ridge Black Satin courtesy of Amazon via East Coast Jeeps with free shipping.

Haven't decided on a lift. May be adding a winch yet so am sitting tight for now. Want to get all the heavy stuff on and see where it settles out before lifting but can tell I need stiffer springs. Right now it is just a tad bit tail heavy and a winch will probably lever her out. Thinking just a small spring lift since I'm only running 33s plus some better shocks. Doubt I will be doing any off roading over the winter that I'll need a lift for so will spend the winter months sorting out the lift decision.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread pop up soon!
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post
Pics with better lighting.
Really like the look of that thing!

I thought the painted hardtop ones look cool, but that amount of black looks tight.

If you make your way to the Minneapolis area over Christmas let me know (I may also go to Duluth too). We should meet up and grab a Summit over some Jeep talk. That way you could test drive my Jeep to try out 4.56 gears, AEV lift, tire size check out stuff. Then hop right back in yours and compare the differences to help decide if you like anything without having to buy. Also I'd like to see your rig in person
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post
A few pics of the ACE rear bumper LED back-up lights.
Nice output! Do you have these on a three way switch?
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #57
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post

We should meet up and grab a Summit over some Jeep talk. That way you could test drive my Jeep to try out 4.56 gears, AEV lift, tire size check out stuff. Then hop right back in yours and compare the differences to help decide if you like anything without having to buy. Also I'd like to see your rig in person
Funny….had the same thought when you said you were driving back! Definitely up for sharing a cold one and checking out your Jeep. Although I suspect I'll feel inadequate when getting back in mine and then the bank account balance will start dropping again, haha.
Let's keep in touch and make plans closer to your arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Nice output! Do you have these on a three way switch?
Right now, I just spliced them into my reverse light but will move to a 3way switch as I don't really want them on every time I back up. Will do that in the summer when I add a sPOD, front auxiliary lights, and switch panel. Seems like the list of things to do is getting longer, not shorter!
__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
COStrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnJK View Post

Funny….had the same thought when you said you were driving back! Definitely up for sharing a cold one and checking out your Jeep. Although I suspect I'll feel inadequate when getting back in mine and then the bank account balance will start dropping again, haha.
Let's keep in touch and make plans closer to your arrival.

Right now, I just spliced them into my reverse light but will move to a 3way switch as I don't really want them on every time I back up. Will do that in the summer when I add a sPOD, front auxiliary lights, and switch panel. Seems like the list of things to do is getting longer, not shorter!
Nice! No inadequacy will take place. The stock ride is pretty nice and handling is superb (for a wrangler) at stock height etc. if nothing else it could help you try out some things that are different. I loved mine stock for 20,000 + miles!

Sounds like a plan

Cool. Spod will be nice. It happens
__________________
We do not take risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping us.-Unknown
COStrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #59
Jeeper
 
inbruCHes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 57
Love what you've done so far. Great job and great looking Jeep!

I just got my new Anvil JKU a couple of days ago, and will start shortly with the mods. I have the same recovery bumper as you from my previous Jeep, so will start there.

Really like the Ace rails you have put on. I'm still debating between them and the N-fab with the steps. Decisions decisions...
inbruCHes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #60
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
MnJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbruCHes View Post
Love what you've done so far. Great job and great looking Jeep!

I just got my new Anvil JKU a couple of days ago, and will start shortly with the mods. I have the same recovery bumper as you from my previous Jeep, so will start there.

Really like the Ace rails you have put on. I'm still debating between them and the N-fab with the steps. Decisions decisions...
Thanks inbruCHes! Gotta luv Anvil, eh?
ACE has their 25% off Black Friday sale tomorrow through Monday if you decide to go that route. I believe the discount code is NAUGHTNICE. Can't beat the price!

Have fun moddin'!

__________________
2014 JKS Anvil, 2dr, manual with all the fix in's
Build Thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/mn...-394330-7.html

1997 Jeep TJ - sold
1989 Jeep XJ - sold
MnJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC