Moab or Bust 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK build!! - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
MudRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 817
Looks great! A job well done, and it hasn't even broken 100 miles yet

__________________
GA TRAIL RIDERS - C.O.R.E.

2011 JKU: 3.73's + Trac-Lok Diff + AEV DualSport XT 2.5" + 295/70R17 Toyo M/Ts on Addicts + JKS Quick Disconnects + OR-Fab Tire Carrier w/ Rotopax + Rusty's Offroad Trail Standard Rear + Rugged Ridge Rock Sliders + Poison Spyder Brawler Lite + Engo EPF1000S + Rigid 10" E-Series + Spiderwebshade + Cobra 29LX CB Radio + 2' Firestik II
MudRunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Mom2one's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
I can, if I forget please remind me!! I am packing up right now, to head out tomorrow EARLY so I can wheel tomorrow in Moab!!
WOW! What a build! Enjoy your new jeep in Moab!!!

Mom2one is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #33
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
So I made it out there in this!
It was the opposite of awesome! We left at 5 AM Saturday and the only other people on the road were the snow plows.... latter on we found out they shut the highway down! Ha!



My view from Cliff Hanger one day...



Playing in some rocks...





Hell's Gate



So how did it do?
Amazing.
After the blizzard it cleared up and I was able to do 80 MPH no wobbles or anything off!
Got into town and tightened down a few jam nuts.
It is really a point and shoot JK. I do need a lower t-case down the road though, I was spoiled my my old t-case. GEARS!!!

Things I need to do:
I need to adjust the Truck Lites head lights down, a lot.... that will happen soon.
Clean it out, a lot of red dirt in the JK, with 1200 miles.

The Warn Zeon winch came in handy on a ledge I got hung up on at the entrance/exit of Cliff Hanger.... a quick pull and I was out.

Items on the list to add:
Grab handles of some sort. I am REALLY tall, so I have no problem getting in/out but others had issues figuring out how to get in and out.
Rear seat cover of some sort. Think of the kids!!
Bead locks, I really like to be around a 9-11 PSI with the Krawlers, I was around a 17 PSI and I know I can get more out of these tires.


I will add more pics often as the build goes on!
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
live_slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 666
that's a pretty epic build.

one day, i want to just ground-up one like that, picking primo stuff as I go
live_slow is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #35
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_slow View Post
that's a pretty epic build.

one day, i want to just ground-up one like that, picking primo stuff as I go
Thanks! Having been around the JK platform since they came out and breaking them quiet often, I just wanted to build a "bullet proof" JK.

Last week we broke a stock passenger side axle shaft on our 2012 4 door Rubicon running 35's. We will upgrade that soon enough!
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,978
Excellent pics!

For seat covers check with Mitch with Trek Armor. I think he could do up some awesome seat covers with a customized Rancho logo.
__________________
kramer2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #37
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post
Excellent pics!

For seat covers check with Mitch with Trek Armor. I think he could do up some awesome seat covers with a customized Rancho logo.
Actually that is a bit funny! I notice all of our Jeeps now are running his Trek Armor. I didn't get a chance to get into the other Jeeps, but will poke my head in them real soon.
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 907
Images: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
So I made it out there in this!
It was the opposite of awesome! We left at 5 AM Saturday and the only other people on the road were the snow plows.... latter on we found out they shut the highway down! Ha!

My view from Cliff Hanger one day...

Playing in some rocks...

Hell's Gate

So how did it do?
Amazing.
After the blizzard it cleared up and I was able to do 80 MPH no wobbles or anything off!
Got into town and tightened down a few jam nuts.
It is really a point and shoot JK. I do need a lower t-case down the road though, I was spoiled my my old t-case. GEARS!!!

Things I need to do:
I need to adjust the Truck Lites head lights down, a lot.... that will happen soon.
Clean it out, a lot of red dirt in the JK, with 1200 miles.

The Warn Zeon winch came in handy on a ledge I got hung up on at the entrance/exit of Cliff Hanger.... a quick pull and I was out.

Items on the list to add:
Grab handles of some sort. I am REALLY tall, so I have no problem getting in/out but others had issues figuring out how to get in and out.
Rear seat cover of some sort. Think of the kids!!
Bead locks, I really like to be around a 9-11 PSI with the Krawlers, I was around a 17 PSI and I know I can get more out of these tires.

I will add more pics often as the build goes on!
Great build and awesome pics Matt. Grab handles.look into Welcome Distributing Ken is the owner offers forum discount great.product really stout
jdambm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #39
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustin8r View Post
Any chance you could provide a photo from the side of the automatic transmission skid bar and the rancho exhaust extension. I'm interested in seeing how much of the exhaust extends below the main cross member.

Great built!

Thanks
Here you go!

A side shot



From the front looking back



I did
Hell's Revenge
Cliff Hanger
Fins N Things
Seven Mile Rim
Flat Iron Mesa
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
Utahpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Moab, UT
Posts: 152
I am glad you had a good time at EJS, and it was nice to meet you at the vendor showcase on Friday

Pete
Utahpete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #41
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahpete View Post
I am glad you had a good time at EJS, and it was nice to meet you at the vendor showcase on Friday

Pete
Pete!
It was nice meeting you as well. Look forward to your build down the road!!
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
Tustin8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
Here you go!

A side shot



From the front looking back



I did
Hell's Revenge
Cliff Hanger
Fins N Things
Seven Mile Rim
Flat Iron Mesa
It appears with your long arm kit that the transmission SKID BAR has not been reinstalled.

I have installed the JCR skid and with the "Rancho lower exhaust pipe" being a bit lower that the main cross member, I may need to look at some other lift options.

Thanks for the update
__________________
1979 CJ7 (Trail Jeep)
2003 Liberty Sport (Wrecked)
2011 Grand Overland (Hers)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (My Baby)
2004 TJ Sport (New Trail Jeep)
Tustin8r is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #43
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Some updates to this build:

We recently launched a LED rear brake light that fits into any 2.25" hole.
Install is straight forward and it is bright!



I picked up a Bestop cover to keep the rain/leaves out and it does a great job to keep the elements out.



I upgraded to our RS7000MT (monotube) steering stabilizer, it really was an improvement with these size tires I am running, 37's.



Our high steer bracket



AWW yeah!!!



Our tube doors with the SpiderWebShades door skins



Out playing around:
Holy Cross CO

Notice my new Raceline Beadlocks?!?!



Half Moon Creek

__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
If you don't mind me asking, how much did all this cost?
I'm 17 and my dad is really encouraging me to get a 2013 jku and I'm not sure if I should get a sport and build or get a rubicon
sumtingwong59 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #45
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtingwong59 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did all this cost?
I'm 17 and my dad is really encouraging me to get a 2013 jku and I'm not sure if I should get a sport and build or get a rubicon
I will give you rough cost as you may find better deals/build different.
Now keep in mind, I have broke (or have seen broke) just about every part on various Jeeps/JK and I wanted to be as bullet proof as possible.
I also wheel with guys on 35's and they have no issues keeping up.

Dynatrac ProRock 60's Front/Rear ($13,000) Now I won the front one in Moab a few years back and a buddy upgraded his rear to full float, so he was kind enough to hook me up.
Front/rear bumper/hoop/winch plate $1500
Warn Zeon 10,000 winch with rope $1100
Truck-Lite headlights $500
Bushwhacker Fender Flares $600
K&N $350
ARB compressor $200
37" BFG Krawler $2750
Raceline Beadlock $1750
SpiderWebShade top/skins $350
Rancho tube doors $650
Rancho sliders $ 600
Spod $400
AEV ProCal $150
DynoMax exhaust $350
Rancho 4" Long Arm system+monotube shocks $2600
$26,700 (bit counting the JK)

Is it expensive? HECK yes? But for me it is worth it. I run with ALL types of wheelers from guys on 33's to buggies on 42's and I am confident as long as I don't do anything stupid, I am good to go. Take out the axles and look at a Dynatrac ProRock 44 (front) and you are almost half the cost. On previous builds I have had to do some parts over.... like upgrading axles. I don't want to deal with that in my life.

I also sold off about 75% of the parts of the JK already and that made back about $4500 so far....


Hope this helps....

I see lots of guys buy a Rubicon, then rip everything (but the t-case) out that is Rubicon out. Now that is a spendy way to go.
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #46
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post

I will give you rough cost as you may find better deals/build different.
Now keep in mind, I have broke (or have seen broke) just about every part on various Jeeps/JK and I wanted to be as bullet proof as possible.
I also wheel with guys on 35's and they have no issues keeping up.

Dynatrac ProRock 60's Front/Rear ($13,000) Now I won the front one in Moab a few years back and a buddy upgraded his rear to full float, so he was kind enough to hook me up.
Front/rear bumper/hoop/winch plate $1500
Warn Zeon 10,000 winch with rope $1100
Truck-Lite headlights $500
Bushwhacker Fender Flares $600
K&N $350
ARB compressor $200
37" BFG Krawler $2750
Raceline Beadlock $1750
SpiderWebShade top/skins $350
Rancho tube doors $650
Rancho sliders $ 600
Spod $400
AEV ProCal $150
DynoMax exhaust $350
Rancho 4" Long Arm system+monotube shocks $2600
$26,700 (bit counting the JK)

Is it expensive? HECK yes? But for me it is worth it. I run with ALL types of wheelers from guys on 33's to buggies on 42's and I am confident as long as I don't do anything stupid, I am good to go. Take out the axles and look at a Dynatrac ProRock 44 (front) and you are almost half the cost. On previous builds I have had to do some parts over.... like upgrading axles. I don't want to deal with that in my life.

I also sold off about 75% of the parts of the JK already and that made back about $4500 so far....

Hope this helps....

I see lots of guys buy a Rubicon, then rip everything (but the t-case) out that is Rubicon out. Now that is a spendy way to go.
Yea I live in sask and im not even where I would go offroading, so this might be overkill. Also, im not sure how much ill be able to afford after the 300-500 a month (not sure how much I can make while working around school yet)
Cant wait to get into the hobby though!
sumtingwong59 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #47
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Jeeping is a blast! I have meet some of my closest friends from this passion. Enjoy it, do your research, make sure you NEED it and hit the trail with the local club! Also remember you can do this over the months and years too. My last big build was a 20 year build. This one I knew what I wanted and just knocked it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtingwong59 View Post
Yea I live in sask and im not even where I would go offroading, so this might be overkill. Also, im not sure how much ill be able to afford after the 300-500 a month (not sure how much I can make while working around school yet)
Cant wait to get into the hobby though!
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #48
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
Jeeping is a blast! I have meet some of my closest friends from this passion. Enjoy it, do your research, make sure you NEED it and hit the trail with the local club! Also remember you can do this over the months and years too. My last big build was a 20 year build. This one I knew what I wanted and just knocked it out.
Do you think its smart to buy new while in highschool? And do you think a sport s jku will be enough stock for climbing hills in sask? Its not overly rocky, mostly grass, and theres a small river and lake that I want to try climbing around when I get it. Pretty basic stuff compared to what ive seen besides a bit of steepness but its all ive got.
sumtingwong59 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
If you plan on holding on to it for a few years, then yes. A Sport can do pretty much all the you are looking to do, in stock form. I had a friend who got his son a TJ, he realized he would rather be a "tuner" guy instead, so his dad now has a build TJ and JKU. I would invest in a winch, just in case and get to know the JKU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtingwong59 View Post
Do you think its smart to buy new while in highschool? And do you think a sport s jku will be enough stock for climbing hills in sask? Its not overly rocky, mostly grass, and theres a small river and lake that I want to try climbing around when I get it. Pretty basic stuff compared to what ive seen besides a bit of steepness but its all ive got.
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #50
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
If you plan on holding on to it for a few years, then yes. A Sport can do pretty much all the you are looking to do, in stock form. I had a friend who got his son a TJ, he realized he would rather be a "tuner" guy instead, so his dad now has a build TJ and JKU. I would invest in a winch, just in case and get to know the JKU.
Cool cool cool. I don't know a whole lot about building them yet, is the rubicons sway bar disconnect something that would be easy to get on a sport/is it necessary?
sumtingwong59 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #51
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
IMO the Rubicon sway bar is nice, but not needed. That is one of the things I broke. You can go with quick dsiconnects for under $100 or a whole new sway bar that is "tuned" for the JK from Currie or the like.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtingwong59 View Post
Cool cool cool. I don't know a whole lot about building them yet, is the rubicons sway bar disconnect something that would be easy to get on a sport/is it necessary?
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Castrejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 73
Hey Rancho, LOVED the build! Well done mate, it looks awesome!
__________________
2012 Jeep JK Unlimited CRD
DIESEL BURNER BABY!
Castrejo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #53
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Talking Latest upgrades!

So it has been a while since I have done an update on my JKU.
I am getting ready to head out to King of the Hammers and knew I had a weak link on my Jeep.



I was running body mounted sliders and for many these are a great, easy, inexpensive option but I tend to push the JK and know where I will end up with this Jeep.

I met the guys at Nemesis Industries a couple of years ago on a JKX. Great guys who really push their products on the trail.

They are really known for their Billy Rockers (seen here with their optional new step)



But I have a young son and a toddler daughter so I was looking for a real step. I had been talking with them over the last year or so whenever I saw them at SEMA, ALL 4 Fun and other events and they let me know they were working on a new prototype step, that was not as "hard core" as their Billy sliders. This sounded like a great option for me.

I headed down to their shop in Kiowa CO to get a set installed!!!

The new Odyssey Rocker!



Powder coated and ready for install.



All the hardware that is used. You will need to reuse some stock hardware too.



Let the drilling begin!!!
If you are a competent shade tree mechanic these should be an easy install.



Make sure you have a lot of clamps and are even across the board for install.



Test fit of the Tub armor. Before the Odyssey rocker goes on.



It really helps to have two sets of hands on this.



The second side went on A LOT faster.
Rob, the owner, mounted the slider to the tub armor and lined it up and it worked!!!



Test fit it up and drill baby!



The finished product!!!
I look froward to testing them out at Johnson Valley, Moab and All 4 Fun in Colorado this year.

__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #54
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Talking

So as many know Easter Jeep Safari starts next week, and I have been busy with small things getting ready for next year.

The drive to and from King of the Hammers was long and brutal honestly.
From where I live in CO to Las Vegas is about 11 hours.. the weather was so bad it took 16 hours!

But I made it out there.
I didn't get to wheel because on the exhaust side (DynoMax Performance Exhaust) I was busy as we are the official exhaust of the race series and I spend a lot of time with racers.


While on the lake bed I picked up one of these.
Simple install and will be used down the road I am guessing.



I also had to decide what I was going to do about communication as most of the time I am using race radios, so I picked up one of these to compliment my race radio. $50 bucks.



My ears will be on...



I also got a pair of Truck-Lite LED flood lights too! Man the sPOD makes install so simple!!
They are tilted out slightly to help cover the outside since I already have the Truck-Lite LED lights.



In other threads I have posted some new tires I got as well... I know my Krawlers have only 6400 miles on them and have been amazing but I don't get the opportunity everyday to run a KOH tire so I jumped at the chance.



The 37" BFG Krawler is on the left, the 38" Falken WildPeak MT competition on the right.
They are on Raceline beadlocks, so those take a LONG time to mount up. They aren't hard just VERY time consuming.



The 38's mounted. I did have to trim a bit more out of the back, just in case. : )



How it sits today!!


My son uses the Nemesis Industry steps all the time!



My little dude! His little sister loves the Jeep too. The wife tolerates it.


2 things I need to address.
I need steering assist. 38's on the stock box is pushing it, so I will talk with PSC Motorsports out at Easter Jeep Safari and see what they have to offer.
I also want a "real" cage, will look at the Synergy system again...

Thanks for looking!
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #55
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,831
Hey it's Mini Matt cute kid!!

Jeeps looking fantastic
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #56
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post

2 things I need to address.
I need steering assist. 38's on the stock box is pushing it, so I will talk with PSC Motorsports out at Easter Jeep Safari and see what they have to offer.
I also want a "real" cage, will look at the Synergy system again...

Thanks for looking!
I should have listened to myself.....




I have done a lot of little/big things this summer, but this is now at the for-front. Going PSC stat!

Once I get this addressed, I will do a big follow up.
__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #57
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 988
So I am still in a holding pattern on my JK.... GRR. I originally had a line on a Rubicon t-case, but that fell through. A shop I know says they have a line on one, but still trying to find it. So no Jeep really right now, it does have my spare box on it, but I don't really need it. But once I get it back this the list of to do's:


__________________


Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
build , rancho , suspension

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC