Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forum but wanted to share some of the progress on my new TJ.
So as a little background, I just sold my 2000 Sport, and decided to buy a 2004 Rubicon from an insurance auction out of Atlanta.
Here it is the day I picked it up...
Quick rundown of the issues it had when I picked it up:
- Front Axle was done (housing bent, internals broken).
- Steering box was missing, linkage was bent as well.
- Passenger side damage (Fender, battery tray, front shock, control arms)
- Tires were bald, 2 were shredded
- Cosmetic Issues (Flares damaged, Windshield bracket bolts missing, front bumper gone, incomplete wiring)
- Soft top was ripped around zippers and the hardware was bent
- Battery wiring harness was cut, battery was bad.
So to start out, we replaced the axle with another stock rubicon front axle, with new control arms, new steering box and linkage, new Teraflex shocks all the way around, and mounted brand new Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 33x12.50s on the Mickey Thompson wheels that it came with.
Also mounted KC's on the windshield hinges since we needed the bolts anyway.
Once we got the fender back from paint, this is how it sites today...
I found some Tomb Raider Edition Fender Flares on Craigslist that are being painted, and ordered a new Bestop Trektop NX to replace the old soft top and bent hardware. Once it gets inspected, the fluids changed and aligned it should be ready to go. I cant wait to get it on the road and have everything fixed so I can start customizing it a little bit.