Okay, I've got numerous threads out there about my Jeep build...most with only 1 or 2 photos, if any. I have actually taken numerous photos of my progress however so I'm going to post it all here...in at least 3 parts...because I'm pretty sure I recall the software only allowing me to post 10 photos at a time. lol
So let's get to it...
I won't get into the story of how I was able to afford all this stuff because half my replies were advice on that minor detail...so let's just say I came into a decent chunk of money and decided to build up my Jeep into the perfect cross between a daily driver and weekend warrior. It's mostly a mall crawler for now because I'm still paying it off for another 3 years and don't have a secondary vehicle...but once it's paid off, I intend to pick up a new daily driver and continue building the Jeep up and wheeling it whenever I can...plus cruising around town on nice days.
My intended build included a Zone 3" suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, motor mount lift to avoid the tcase drop (which I ended up having to do both due to major vibes--sooooo SYE has been added to the list of future mods), 33" Goodyear Duratrac tires, and Cragar Soft 8 wheels. Because of this setup...I also needed to pick up some steps/rock sliders (I'm not very tall plus the girl I was dating at the time had a hard time getting into the Jeep...as well as her daughter...of course we broke up before the lift went on...lol) and a spare tire carrier that could handle the 33" spare tire. Because I like to waste my money, I also invested in a few other items... new muffler, rear bumper, Herculiner kit, rear seat cover, paint for the interior (converted from tan to black), cb radio setup, paint for the D-rings (oh come on...red D-rings are obviously MUCH stronger than unpainted D-rings!
Once I got the money I started placing orders...my Christmas began in May. This was the first of multiple Christmases.
First up was the muffler, rear bumper, rear seat cover, and Olympic Revers-a-Bars which i put in the step position because like I said...my Jeep doesn't go off the road much currently (though for the record, it DOES see mud and some light off-roading!).
Dropping the skid plate alone was not something I cared to do...so I improvised...bungee cords made this job VERY easy. I had to drop the skid plate in order to access the bolts for my muffler.
New rear bumper - went with a cheap Pro-Comp bumper. It may be cheap but it's much higher quality than the stocker and it looks pretty good regardless! You can also see the exhaust tip in that photo...looks pretty much stock, has a lil more rumble, but it's not much louder than stock. I chose the Dynomax Super Turbo and I highly recommend it for those who want a subtle but pleasant change in exhaust sound.
New rear seat cover installed - I chose the Bestop one. It's a two-piece seat cover, installs nicely and and looks great. I already had the front seat covers and I love them.
New steps installed - these are advertised as being easily reversible. Trust me...put these in the position you think you're going to use the most and never try to reverse them. They're not difficult to install, but it's kind of a pain in the butt as well as time consuming. Once you install them you are NOT going to want to reverse them!
While installing my spare tire carrier, I learned something new about the minor surface rust in the back passenger side corner when I put a hammer through the wheel well...it wasn't surface rust!
That put a bit of a damper on my plans...intended to just bondo it but decided later to do it right. My buddy Hazzo1 (check out his build thread on the CJ forum...he has a BADASS CJ-5 he and his dad restored!) went to welding school and offered to help me out with welding in a patch...so we worked that into the build a little later.
Stripped my Jeep down to prepare it for the Herculiner project (sorry...I apparently didn't get any photos of my tire carrier when I installed it)...
While the console was out, I decided it was the perfect time to replace the sub in my center console...up until recently it was problem free, but the past couple weeks it had started vibrating and buzzing terribly. I picked up a Pyramid 6.5" sub for like $21 shipped off Amazon and went to work on installing it. The install was cake. Now that I have my Jeep back together, it sounds SOOOO much better than the stock sub...it's quite impressive honestly.
Empty enclosure...you have to grind down the little plastic 'C' in the very center because the new speaker is a little deeper than the stocker.
Surround was dry rotted all the way around the speaker...that had to be where my buzzing was coming from!
New sub next to stock sub...slight size difference.
This is the point where I decided to paint my dash...Herculiner project was put on hold due to Hazzo and I's schedules not meshing very well and I needed that rust hole fixed before I Herculined the Jeep.
Stripped the dash out...as well as the airbag cover...which was a BIIIIIIITCH!
My apologies again...but I apparently took not one single photo of my freshly painted dash while it was out of my Jeep!
A day or so later we decided to start on the lift...first up was the 3" suspension lift. We split the lift process up into multiple days so my buddy made sure he kept his bay available the following day. We installed the 3" lift and new wheels and tires first...and in place of the MML, I just installed the tcase drop with my 3" lift with the intentions of removing it once the body lift was installed.
Old 31" BFG A/Ts on Canyon wheels next to 33" Goodyear Duratracs on Cragar Soft 8's...huge difference!