Well the good news is I can post pics again. I dropped my phone this morning and after I put the battery back in and powered up it was working.
More good news is that I havnt really found much rust on the undercarriage. What little I have found I wire brush down and spray with a black rust reformer. Now the front axle is pretty much rust colored but no deep pockets of corrosion.
This shot is after I painted it of course.
I didn't take many pics today so not a lot to show you.
Now I can show you what your Jeep will look like if you decide to do one of those real slow builds. Like say you didn't have enough money for the whole lift kit. So you do part of it.
Your Jeep might look like this.
This the point where I have completed everything in the front that I can possibly do. Everythings torqued down, wire brushed off and black rust reformer painted.
To get to this point I followed every step of Zones instructions along with a lot of internet vids and reading in forums. I still made mistakes though. The biggest was when I misread the section that told me to take loose the lower control arms on the front axle. I thought it had said loosen them. Well the springs wont go in that way but I was way ahead of them. I had gotten a coil spring compressor at the parts store as a loner.
Heres there coil compressor in action. It was an inside compressor and I was trying to make it into an outside compressor.
So after I finally decided I needed an outside squeeze box.
I loaded up and spent another $34 on a set that if I had used my head a few days earlier, I could have built for about $8. Hindsight is beautiful I must say. Im a damn GENIUS in hindsight. On the bright side though I now have a great pair of cheap coil spring compressors.
I shouldn't be to hard on them as they worked pretty damn good.
Anmother thing some of you guys who may be thinking about doing a lift, check your bump stops. My lift will be finished and ill still be waiting on some to arrive. My old ones fell apart in my hands when I took them out.
Now heres a curious thing. I put a 1 1/4."BL, 3"SL and a 1"MML with 33/12.5/R15. (Old tires were 28" tall)
Now when you add that all up you get; 4 1/4+2 1/2=Total Lift of 6 3/4"
Well before I started I measured from the ground to the bottom of each fender well so that I could see exactly how much lift I had gained. After completing the front end lift and taking the jack stands out I took another measurement on a front tire. At the moment ive gained 9 1/2".
Im sure that after I finish the back and drive it a bit it will settle down some. I just wonder how much. If it only settles down say 1", I wonder how that will affect my driveline. Oh well we will see.