So this is my first thread here at Wrangler Forum as well as my first wrangler. I have had a couple 80's Cherokees for brief periods.
I am writing this for suggestions. If you have any at all, please share them. Also, when I do a mod I will document it in the hopes that anyone else doing the mod can use it as a resource.
So the vehicle is a 95 Wrangler 2.5 4l with the Rio Grande Package.
Overall the jeep is ion great condition and I got what I think was a good price. The dealership was asking $5,875 and the KBB is $5934. I paid $4,810.
Thoughts on the price? Remember, in Colorado Wranglers are one of the two most sought after vehicles.
I have a small number of really talented people who are available for help.
- Chris: 10 year Mechanic specializing in Jeeps and 4x4's.
- Nick: High school friend. Owned jeeps for 20 years (since we were in H.S.) Parts person at a large dealership her in Colorado.
- Roommate: My roommate and landlord has a full garage I can use. That includes a cherry picker and anything else needed. He has a 83 cj and has it very built up. He did all the work himself.
- Jerrod: Metal Fabricator and Welder. He currently is in charge of metal fabrication at a large company and has more than 100 welders and fabricators working for him and he misses doing custom work.
The Jeep has 135,000 miles on it. Chris went with me to look just to make sure I did not get to excited and buy a clunker or over pay.
So far the only issue is a constant squeal from front and front tires are running through tread extremely fast. Yes they are very cheap tires the dealer included but it is still frustrating. Roommate thinks they are both toed in. Chris thinks it will be an easy fix but the tires are now screwed. I was planning to wait for lift and bigger tires till these were worn through. That may not be possible now.
Below are some pictures of what it is now that I just purchased it. Below that are the mods I want to do.
My mods planned:
- Mirrors: so I can take the doors off.
- Herculiner all black and chrome parts on outside of jeep (especially Chrome!).
- Liner paint job. I am looking for a durable forest green bedliner that I can cover all the white. Preferably a DIY solution. Any suggestions?
- Flat metal Dash. (will post designs as soon as they are complete)
- DIY version of the Tuffy security tailgate enclosure.
- New Center console (DIY?)
- New Glove box (DIY?)
- Herculier interior
- Removable jeep bed extension for camping. (will post designs as soon as they are complete)
- 1 1/2 inch lift (Daily Driver)
- 31.5 inch tires (daily Driver)
- Custom bumpers (will post designs as soon as they are complete)
- Dash Board LED's
- hood vents similar to this one (DIY?)http://www.americanrockrods.com/imag..._yj1_small.jpg (will post designs as soon as they are complete)
- Waterproof seats.
- Waterproof stereo and speakers.
- Further suggestions needed. (No Chrome allowed but diamond plating with black bedliner is acceptable).