Just ordered the D44 shock mounts for my front, and a set of shock mounts for my rear shocks too.
If I didn't have to order another tire for my trailer I would have bought the rear shocks today as well. But I want to use the front's i bought to mock up the rears and see if they will fit for the rear anyway.
Got the engine shined up a bit. I didn't want to lose it so I made it nice and bright. Enough goofing around...time to get busy and get this thing in the Jeep and running. Busy weekend, but I hope to get engine and tranny mounts built and installed.
Well here we are...a few days away from the Bantam Jeep Festival and I again have no Jeep. I just couldn't get the money around for the shocks and a few other things so I haven't done too much in the last month or so. We are still going and will still have a great time. I got my company, Zippo, to come to the event this year and bring their West Coast Customs built JK.
Don't get discouraged. Everyone loses some motivation once in a while. You just have to work on the little things that you can until you get the shocks ordered. I don't see why you couldn't at least get the engine sat in the frame and get it going?
slow...summer is tough. I didn't get it done for Bantam so I kinda let it slide a bit. I have one motor mount built. Gotta get back on it and get the drive train in so I can get the plumbing and wiring done. I have scout camp with my Cub Scouts next week so it wil be another couple weeks before i get anything done.
wow, almost three months since my last post. Finally building a little momentum again. Motor, Trans, and T-case are all bolted together and are suspended in their final position. One motor mount tacked to the frame. Will have pics up by the weekend and hopefully if I find a few minutes to finalize the second motor mount and tranny mount.
Well, I was hoping I could use the tranny cross member from the donor Grand Cherokee but it was going to hang way too low. It was about 2" below the frame rail. Looks like I am starting from scratch. Will post progress pics soon.
Got the tranny mount mostly done tonight. I used the original plate off the grand Cherokee mount and welded it to a piece of 2 inch tubing that I notched. I then welded on some 1 1/2 inch pieces of tube with suspension bushings on the ends. Just have to make some tabs to attach to the frame.