Windshield wipers - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Mountain goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Windshield wipers

So this became apparent today while it is snowing. As I was coming around a curve I couldn't see if anyone was coming is there any way to fix this

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1344327612.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	244341

Don't worry I'm parked

Mountain goat is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
wrangleryj90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Spokane,Wa
Posts: 495
Put the window down:P but in all reality do your best to look out the windows and the front window only way to fix that would be to wipe it off I think?

wrangleryj90 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Siffo3012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Just pop the windshield wiper arm off and push it back on where you want it. There is a knob that the arm slides onto. The knob turns back and forth over about a 45 degree angle. Depending where that arm is at rest depends where that 45 degree swath will be wiping.
Siffo3012 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Siffo3012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Replace 90 for all 45s previously posted... :/
Siffo3012 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: north of St.Franisville La.
Posts: 2,514
Send a message via Yahoo to Nubby55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffo3012 View Post
Just pop the windshield wiper arm off and push it back on where you want it. There is a knob that the arm slides onto. The knob turns back and forth over about a 45 degree angle. Depending where that arm is at rest depends where that 45 degree swath will be wiping.

X2, ()

90degs.
Nubby55 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Mountain goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Ok thanks for the help I think that will solve my problem
Mountain goat is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Newb
 
dk73brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffo3012 View Post
Just pop the windshield wiper arm off and push it back on where you want it. There is a knob that the arm slides onto. The knob turns back and forth over about a 45 degree angle. Depending where that arm is at rest depends where that 45 degree swath will be wiping.
How exactly do you remove the wiper arm from the splined shaft? It appears there is some type of a tap that locks it into place, is this correct? I replaced my wiper blades last week, and the next day my entire passenger side wiper arm fell off while going down the road in the rain. After pulling over and walking back several hundred feet I finally found it and quickly put it back on. Unfortunately in my hurry to get it back on, I reinstalled it about 3-4 splines off. Thanks in advance.
dk73brave is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Siffo3012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk73brave View Post

How exactly do you remove the wiper arm from the splined shaft? It appears there is some type of a tap that locks it into place, is this correct? I replaced my wiper blades last week, and the next day my entire passenger side wiper arm fell off while going down the road in the rain. After pulling over and walking back several hundred feet I finally found it and quickly put it back on. Unfortunately in my hurry to get it back on, I reinstalled it about 3-4 splines off. Thanks in advance.
You just pry the arm off the splined shaft... There is a pin hole that you can slide a paperclip into when the wiper is pulled back away from the windshield that can help you take it off because it holds the spring pressure back. Otherwise just pry it off and watch your paint job...
Siffo3012 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Newb
 
dk73brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffo3012 View Post
You just pry the arm off the splined shaft... There is a pin hole that you can slide a paperclip into when the wiper is pulled back away from the windshield that can help you take it off because it holds the spring pressure back. Otherwise just pry it off and watch your paint job...
Awesome! Thanks! (BTW, my post should have read "tab that holds it on" not tap....stupid phone "auto correct") Thanks again!

dk73brave is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC