2013 Commando Green Thread - Page 93 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #2761
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,775
Images: 11
Looks great

__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #2762
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
you got those covering leather or clothe? I like them but i think i like my dark saddle leather more

Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #2763
Jeeper
 
Nice JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 60
Covering cloth
Nice JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #2764
Jeeper
 
Nice JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rdog View Post
Looks great

Thanks
Nice JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #2765
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice JK View Post
Color a little better in some. It's almost like the CG, depending on the light it looks different. The sun hitting them on the driveway makes them look more brown, but anyway her you go...

Wow. I've wanted TAs for a while but this seals the deal. Thanks much!
scipio337 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #2766
Jeeper
 
jpedmundson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 112
Someone on this thread reccomended the color of these decals from pixeldecals. I can't remember who it was but thank you. I really like the way the color stands out on the CG. Pictures don't do it justice.
Click image for larger version

Name:	4wd decal.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	276584 Name:  all who wander decal.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  133.5 KB
__________________
2013 Commando Green JKU Sahara, Saddle Leather, 730N, Body Color Hard Top.
2006 Midnight Blue TJX, 33" BFG KM2 (sold).
1999 XJ 2 door (traded for TJ)
1994 XJ Sport (totalled)
1988 Wagoneer (Drove it till it fell apart. R.I.P Woody)
jpedmundson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #2767
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
looks good bud
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #2768
Jeeper
 
JKJeepit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 479
broke in the Jeep on some Colorado trails..
mineral creek at the pougkeepsie trail intersection.. almost always a water hole here to play in


Mining Truck by Animas Forks


Pearl Pass



Lead King Basin


Crystal Mill


Schofield Pass


JKJeepit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #2769
Jeeper
 
Spyder1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 282
Man that looks beautiful, we have nothing like that where I live, pretty jelly :-D
Spyder1049 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #2770
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,504
x2 what a great place to go.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #2771
THW
Jeeper
 
THW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Litchfield Hills area, Connecticut
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJeepit View Post
broke in the Jeep on some Colorado trails..
mineral creek at the pougkeepsie trail intersection.. almost always a water hole here to play in


Mining Truck by Animas Forks


Pearl Pass



Lead King Basin


Crystal Mill


Schofield Pass

Some of the nicest looking trails I've ever seen. Makes me want to plan a trip out west!
__________________
2013 Sport S Unlimited, Black
THW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #2772
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
etkal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Leominster, MA
Posts: 161
Color comparison with a couple other JKs at work. Love my CG!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2607.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	279058  
__________________

ET ~ (O|||||||O) ~ W1QED
2013 JK Sport S, Commando Green, 6-spd, 3.73,
Prem soft top, side steps, tow pkg
etkal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #2773
Jeeper
 
Knuckles65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,206
Last week we went to Daytona and hung out for a bit on the beach.





__________________
2013 Commando Green JK Rubicon
-------------------------------------------------
Remember - sometimes, the advice you get on the Internet is worth exactly what you paid for it!
Knuckles65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #2774
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,632
Has anybody washed a CG Jeep yet? I cannot think of a reason to wash mine.
i82much is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #2775
Jeeper
 
SuperDave81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Has anybody washed a CG Jeep yet? I cannot think of a reason to wash mine.
I have, just so I could plastidip my grill though. Lol
SuperDave81 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #2776
Jeeper
 
Knuckles65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,206
I have - just to get the salt from the beach off of it...
__________________
2013 Commando Green JK Rubicon
-------------------------------------------------
Remember - sometimes, the advice you get on the Internet is worth exactly what you paid for it!
Knuckles65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #2777
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,632
Salt is a different story! All this eastern WA and Idaho dust and mud seems to suit the Jeep just as well as shiny paint though.
i82much is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #2778
Jeeper
 
Numbercruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 391
Schofield has a serious reputation. What did you think?

If I could sell my mustang instead of trade it in I'd buy my new JK in Colorado for all the reasons you posted here. Unfortunately no offers in four weeks means I'll have to trade it in locally.

NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJeepit View Post

Schofield Pass
Numbercruncher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #2779
Jeeper
 
JKJeepit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
Schofield has a serious reputation. What did you think?
NC
I've done Schofield Pass 3 times now, and it's a great way to get from Crested Butte to Crystal and the Crystal Mill..
I did it both ways in my 2DR (sold) and now going up in the JKU, it's narrow and in about a 1-1 1/2 mile section there is only 2 places you can pass.. the good thing is you can see most the entire sections.. also someone can walk sections of it and act as a traffic cop if needed... the other thing we have seen more ATV's and razors on this trail then other Jeeps, but if two large groups run into each other it could be tough. Largest group I've met were Razors,, about 5-6 and 3 bikes at the same time.. with the 2 of us JKU's also a 4 runner coming down not in a group... we all were able to pass at the bridge...
The bridge before the Devil's Punch bowl has the most room for Jeeps, ATV's etc to park.. also about 1/3 of the way up the last part there is a rock that is in the middle of the trail and it could allow passing but only 2 Jeeps could park to the side and probably be passed here..

as for the difficulty it's not bad.. the hardest area is right above the devils punch bowl,,, it's get slightly tipsy and the surface is mtn bed rock that could be slippery if wet.. although it would be hard to slip off the trail here, history say's it's been done..
a stock jeep can clear this area..
my rating would be 2 maybe 2.5 out of a 5...

here's a video I made of our first time on it... going down the hardest 1/2 mile called the Devil's Punch bowl.
there is about another mile of very narrow shelf trail that is not at all tippy.
this is on the other side of the bridge (west of the bridge)
JKJeepit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #2780
Jeeper
 
JKJeepit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 479
washing the Jeep happens almost as much as getting it muddy..
I don't like the mud getting hard on suspension parts.... etc... so I do wash my jeep a lot.... for me it's part of the Jeep experience..

JKJeepit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #2781
Newb
 
grenierh2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Received mine on july 2th

I ordered a 3.73 and received a 3.21
grenierh2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #2782
Jeeper
 
coelement777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 201
Take it back to the dealer and make them order you another one. I just bought my commando green about a month ago without having to order it, it just had to be transfered from a different dealer in the area. Mine is a 6 speed base model with 3.73s a/c and no other options. Maybe they can find you a 13 with 3.73s and the other options you want. I made sure to check the window sticker on mine, to be sure it had the same options the salesman said it did before I handed over my cashiers check or signed any paperwork.
coelement777 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #2783
Jeeper
 
Knuckles65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenierh2012 View Post
Received mine on july 2th

I ordered a 3.73 and received a 3.21
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelement777 View Post
Take it back to the dealer and make them order you another one.
What he said.

Do you have your order sheet that shows 3.73's? If so take it back or at the very least, make the dealer re-gear it and cover the re-gear parts and labor under the full factory drivetrain warranty.
__________________
2013 Commando Green JK Rubicon
-------------------------------------------------
Remember - sometimes, the advice you get on the Internet is worth exactly what you paid for it!
Knuckles65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #2784
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NoVa
Posts: 68
Hope they come back with this color for 2014!
keepitsimple is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #2785
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
Hope they come back with this color for 2014!
They haven't. See the 2014 sticky here. Commando is discontinued, which is why I feel bad for grenierh. It's one thing to "order" a new one, and a whole other thing to find a 3.73 sitting in a dealer's lot.
scipio337 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #2786
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,775
Images: 11
Albuquerque has 4 cg's sitting on 1 lot so there's a cg that will work somewhere. Take it back so you can Love your jeep.
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #2787
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles65 View Post
What he said.

Do you have your order sheet that shows 3.73's? If so take it back or at the very least, make the dealer re-gear it and cover the re-gear parts and labor under the full factory drivetrain warranty.
exactly. dealer must regear it and warranty the regear completely. after you get, in writing, that the dealer will regear/warranty at zero cost to you.....then pay the difference and go to 4.10's

seriously...dealer MUST regear at no cost with full warranty. Anything less is bullsh*t
__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #2788
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post
exactly. dealer must regear it and warranty the regear completely. after you get, in writing, that the dealer will regear/warranty at zero cost to you.....then pay the difference and go to 4.10's

seriously...dealer MUST regear at no cost with full warranty. Anything less is bullsh*t
oh...and most dealers cant find their own head in their own a$$...so make sure they reset the computer for your new regear too
__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #2789
Jeeper
 
Numbercruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 391
Great report.

Went to Crystal last summer on my Colorado road trip with two motorcycles, that is what really got me jeep crazy.

Sell Mustang, sell . . .

NC


Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJeepit View Post
I've done Schofield Pass 3 times now, and it's a great way to get from Crested Butte to Crystal and the Crystal Mill..
I did it both ways in my 2DR (sold) and now going up in the JKU, it's narrow and in about a 1-1 1/2 mile section there is only 2 places you can pass.. the good thing is you can see most the entire sections.. also someone can walk sections of it and act as a traffic cop if needed... the other thing we have seen more ATV's and razors on this trail then other Jeeps, but if two large groups run into each other it could be tough. Largest group I've met were Razors,, about 5-6 and 3 bikes at the same time.. with the 2 of us JKU's also a 4 runner coming down not in a group... we all were able to pass at the bridge...
The bridge before the Devil's Punch bowl has the most room for Jeeps, ATV's etc to park.. also about 1/3 of the way up the last part there is a rock that is in the middle of the trail and it could allow passing but only 2 Jeeps could park to the side and probably be passed here..

as for the difficulty it's not bad.. the hardest area is right above the devils punch bowl,,, it's get slightly tipsy and the surface is mtn bed rock that could be slippery if wet.. although it would be hard to slip off the trail here, history say's it's been done..
a stock jeep can clear this area..
my rating would be 2 maybe 2.5 out of a 5...

here's a video I made of our first time on it... going down the hardest 1/2 mile called the Devil's Punch bowl.
there is about another mile of very narrow shelf trail that is not at all tippy.
this is on the other side of the bridge (west of the bridge)
Numbercruncher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #2790
Sponsoring Vendor
 
TeraFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 635
I do love how the CG hides the dirt, and even when it's super dirty as mine is now it still looks good.

TeraFlex is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC