2014 Granite Crystal Metallic Thread/Mod Club - Page 61 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #1801
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler699 View Post
Here is a picture of my dad's and my granite jeeps

Attachment 862106
Nice pair you got there!

Shmader9000 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #1802
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwork4sushi View Post
Looks great man. How do you like those Mastercrafts?
I have 285/75/16's on my 01 Chevy 2500HD. I have loved them so I got them for the Jeep. No road noise on the Jeep today. With the auto and 3.73's my RPM's were exactly the same at 70 mph as stock. It was a little sluggish on a few hills but nothing to change gears over. It had 300 miles when I changed. Im running 32lbs of air and the ride is great.

__________________
2014 3.73 gears. 2.5 Rubicon Express. 5100 Bilstiens. 17x9 Addict Wheels, 315/70/17 Mastercraft AXT tires, 15% tint on all windows, Front Windshield Tinted with Llumar Air Blue 80%.
wtf6316 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #1803
Jeeper
 
FloridaFeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Southwest Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmader9000 View Post
Anybody on here have a sahara with painted hardtop and black rims? My jeep is coming in next week and I still haven't bought rims. I know I want black but there are so many out there. I'm trying to picture what they would look like on granite


FloridaFeMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #1804
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
^ nice. What kind of wheels are those
Shmader9000 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #1805
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmader9000 View Post
^ nice. What kind of wheels are those
Those are Level 8 ZX wheels. Level 8 ZX wheels and nitto trail grapplers
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #1806
Jeeper
 
JKrazyMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Millburn NJ
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylandnc View Post
Yes this will be pic heavy, but after a crippling ice storm here in NC on Friday, the power was out until 11:30pm Sunday night. Since this is NC, Saturday we got back to 68 and then 72 on Sunday. I moved into my camper Friday after the power went out since I could hook my generator and water to it and have all my creature comforts. Well, the following great weather combined with no power provided me the time to empty some of the Jeep parts boxes in the house and garage. I took the doors off and put the top down. Got my 2-piece soft doors installed and adjusted along with my Spiderweb Shade. Full 2-piece soft doors: Half soft doors: Spderweb Shade: Spiderweb Shade: My '11 FJ and '14 JKURX together: What I figure my summer mode will be, rear half doors only and Spiderweb Shade:
Hey i like those doors alot on granite!, originally i was planning on element doors, but now i think ill save a little money and get those, btw which mirrors are those?, and they just bolt to the soft doors?
__________________
2014 JKUR Granite 6 Speed
4.10s
Dynomax offroad exhaust
Headlight and Tail light guards
Antenna X CB style antenna
Ace Rock Sliders (on the way)
JKrazyMike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #1807
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 193
Yeah there is still snow on the ground and maybe more coming tonight, but it hit 60 yesterday so the front panels had to come off. COME ON SPRING!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140312_132226.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	863418   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140312_132249.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	863426  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140312_132305.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	863434  
__________________
2014 JKUR | Granite | Auto | 4.10 | Dual Top | Heated Seats | Connectivity | Remote Start

10/18 ordered | VON issued
10/22 VIN issued | Cell block D
11/12 D1 | 11/27 F | 11/28 KZ | 12/14 Driving
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #1808
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 193
aw dang, rotated pics. posting from my phone.
__________________
2014 JKUR | Granite | Auto | 4.10 | Dual Top | Heated Seats | Connectivity | Remote Start

10/18 ordered | VON issued
10/22 VIN issued | Cell block D
11/12 D1 | 11/27 F | 11/28 KZ | 12/14 Driving
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #1809
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Those are Level 8 ZX wheels. Level 8 ZX wheels and nitto trail grapplers

I do love my Level 8 ZXs.
__________________
2014 JKUR | Granite | Auto | 4.10 | Dual Top | Heated Seats | Connectivity | Remote Start

10/18 ordered | VON issued
10/22 VIN issued | Cell block D
11/12 D1 | 11/27 F | 11/28 KZ | 12/14 Driving
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #1810
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ St on MT View Post
I do love my Level 8 ZXs.
That's what I'm planning on getting . Look like they will be easy to clean. I've seen them once in person and they look really nice.

Edit: Nice pics BTW
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #1811
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
Any body have fuel revolvers on a granite? Or bmf novakane?
Shmader9000 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #1812
Jeeper
 
clwilkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Is anyone running 18" Fuel Kranks w/35's on Granit Crystal?
clwilkin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #1813
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Squirrel ops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NOVA
Posts: 191
Grab handles from Carolina Metal Masters on Granite RUBI X..

Front grille blacked out, truck lite installed... Just ordered a Maximus X hoop..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2695722879.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	863970
__________________
ITS A PEW PEW WAY OF LIFE.....
2014 JKURX / GRANITE / 4.10 / 730U / AUTO START / SIDE AIRBAGS / AEV 3.5 RS / AEV PINTLERS / AEV TIRE CARRIER / DURATRAC / SPOD / RIGID D2 BACK UP / TRUCKLITE / MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST / MOPAR INTAKE / WARN 10S / CAROLINA METAL MASTER GRAB HANDLES / MAXIMUS3 HOOP / ANTENNA X / ARB DIFF COVERS / ......"When pew pew is a must"
Squirrel ops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #1814
Jeeper
 
Rylandnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Thomasville, NC
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrazyMike View Post
Hey i like those doors alot on granite!, originally i was planning on element doors, but now i think ill save a little money and get those, btw which mirrors are those?, and they just bolt to the soft doors?
I got them basically for protection from those popup storms / rain. Can throw the the uppers in the back and in place when needed. I looked at the element doors but went with these for my purpose.
Yes the mirrors are a direct bolt-on, no additional brackets or anything needed. The threaded holes are already in the door frames under the material. They are Bestop 51261-01 HighRock Black Full Door Replacement Mirror.
Rylandnc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #1815
Jeeper
 
FloridaFeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Southwest Florida
Posts: 347
Was turning down my street this afternoon and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a 2 door Jeep in the garage of a Deputy Sheriff that lives down the street from me. Granite crystal is the color that quickly registered in my brain and I also noticed black stock wheels but I couldn't make out if they were from a Rubi X or a Willy's. So after earning some spousal approval units vacuuming out and cleaning the interior of my wife's Honda Odyssey, I stroll down to his house and sure enough, he just brought home a brand spankin' new 2 door Willy's in granite crystal metallic. It looks real sharp! So now we have 3 granite crystal Jeeps in the neighborhood (his, my son's and mine).
FloridaFeMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #1816
Jeeper
 
StarWolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 72
New Jeep owner here...

I just joined the Forum - this is my first post! I'm pulling the trigger today on a Willys 4dr in Granite Crystal Metallic. I'll be sure to post pictures once I have it, but it will be a few weeks for it to come in.

I was a truck guy prior to this, but I've always loved the JK's. Since I moved South, I really don't need my truck for hauling motorcycles as often, so the time is right to change over to a jeep. (And I still have a little trailer for hauling the bikes, if I need a recovery)

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum. I'm a hand-on type of guy, and the JK is a great platform to customize and modify to my needs!
StarWolve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #1817
BCT
Jeeper
 
BCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWolve View Post
I just joined the Forum - this is my first post! I'm pulling the trigger today on a Willys 4dr in Granite Crystal Metallic. I'll be sure to post pictures once I have it, but it will be a few weeks for it to come in. I was a truck guy prior to this, but I've always loved the JK's. Since I moved South, I really don't need my truck for hauling motorcycles as often, so the time is right to change over to a jeep. (And I still have a little trailer for hauling the bikes, if I need a recovery) I'm looking forward to participating in this forum. I'm a hand-on type of guy, and the JK is a great platform to customize and modify to my needs!
Welcome! The addiction spreads fast. Good luck with your build.
__________________
2014 JKURX in Granite, 4.10 Gears, Truck-Lites, Smoked LED Tail Lights, Mopar Insulated Headliner, Rampage Grill Guard, Maximus-3 LP Hoop,
AEV 2.5 Lift , Geo Brackets, Black Savegre Wheels, and BFG KM2s in 35x12.5, AEV Back-up Camera & Tire Carrier,
JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar
N-Fab Nerf Bars & Side Steps
BCT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #1818
Jeeper
 
StarWolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 72
I just got back from the dealership. I did my homework, visiting several dealerships - and was surprised at the range of prices. There was a $6000 swing between high and low, when my trade-in was included. However, the local dealership did well enough to beat out a few close competitors, and I honestly couldn't be happier with how it went. It pays to do your homework - that's for sure!

I should have my new Jeep in a month or so. Now - where can I get a Warn Elite front bumper and winch at the best price!?! (And hopefully through forum sponsor - I firmly believe in dealing with people who you "know", even if it's through an internet forum.) I can't leave this thing stock for too long, and I'm not a fan of the stock bumper. I've been thumbing through the accessories catalogs for months, waiting for this day!
StarWolve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #1819
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWolve View Post
I just got back from the dealership. I did my homework, visiting several dealerships - and was surprised at the range of prices. There was a $6000 swing between high and low, when my trade-in was included. However, the local dealership did well enough to beat out a few close competitors, and I honestly couldn't be happier with how it went. It pays to do your homework - that's for sure!

I should have my new Jeep in a month or so. Now - where can I get a Warn Elite front bumper and winch at the best price!?! (And hopefully through forum sponsor - I firmly believe in dealing with people who you "know", even if it's through an internet forum.) I can't leave this thing stock for too long, and I'm not a fan of the stock bumper. I've been thumbing through the accessories catalogs for months, waiting for this day!
Welcome and good luck!

So... wallet just got a little bit lighter today. THE MOMENT OF NO RETURN - Just ordered my 5 Level 8 ZX wheels mounted on 37x12.50 Trail Grapplers. Great deal from DTD (if you call them talk to Danny. He is a Jeep guy and gave me a pretty good deal - his extension 51854) I didn't pay the extra $200 for lifetime road hazard certificate. I don't plan on extreme rock crawling and puncturing my tires. Think it is worth having? $200 is a whole lot less than the cost of one tire though... I've got 30 days to decide on that.

Next up, 4.5 AEV SC lift. I know what I will be doing tonight. Heck I want to start right now.
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #1820
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Reston, VA
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Welcome and good luck!

So... wallet just got a little bit lighter today. THE MOMENT OF NO RETURN - Just ordered my 5 Level 8 ZX wheels mounted on 37x12.50 Trail Grapplers. Great deal from DTD (if you call them talk to Danny. He is a Jeep guy and gave me a pretty good deal - his extension 51854) I didn't pay the extra $200 for lifetime road hazard certificate. I don't plan on extreme rock crawling and puncturing my tires. Think it is worth having? $200 is a whole lot less than the cost of one tire though... I've got 30 days to decide on that.

Next up, 4.5 AEV SC lift. I know what I will be doing tonight. Heck I want to start right now.
NICE! Definitely post some pics ASAP.
__________________
2014 JKU||Granite Crystal||Willys Wheeler Edition
willwork4sushi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #1821
Jeeper
 
NorCalRubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mill Valley, CA
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Welcome and good luck!

So... wallet just got a little bit lighter today. THE MOMENT OF NO RETURN - Just ordered my 5 Level 8 ZX wheels mounted on 37x12.50 Trail Grapplers. Great deal from DTD (if you call them talk to Danny. He is a Jeep guy and gave me a pretty good deal - his extension 51854) I didn't pay the extra $200 for lifetime road hazard certificate. I don't plan on extreme rock crawling and puncturing my tires. Think it is worth having? $200 is a whole lot less than the cost of one tire though... I've got 30 days to decide on that.

Next up, 4.5 AEV SC lift. I know what I will be doing tonight. Heck I want to start right now.
Nice, SP! In a world of "go big or go home", you definitely went BIG! Its going to be awesome, can't wait to see pics and hear how you like it.
__________________
2014 JKUR Granite, Black Freedom, 430N, Heated black leather, 4.10 Auto, Side Air Bags, UConnect
Extras - AEV JK200, 2.5" Dualsport XT, 35" A/T's, Black Pintlers, RearVision, backup light, Warn Zeon 10-s
NorCalRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #1822
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwork4sushi View Post
NICE! Definitely post some pics ASAP.
Will do!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRubi View Post
Nice, SP! In a world of "go big or go home", you definitely went BIG! Its going to be awesome, can't wait to see pics and hear how you like it.
haha, thanks man! You know, I have been dreaming of this Jeep for years and thought to myself "Why settle for 35's when you over 37's". I am super excited! Hopefully the wife will be able to get in. May tie a rope around the roll bar so she can climb in. Hey that's not a bad idea - Kinda like a rope on the kids climbing wall. Think I just created a new business

Well I was going back and forth over 35's and a 3.5" lift or 37's and a 4.5" lift. The door sills will only be about 2 inches higher with the 37's.

Holy crap, DTD means business! Just got an email saying my tires will ship in 24 to 48 hours
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #1823
Jeeper
 
NorCalRubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mill Valley, CA
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Will do!




haha, thanks man! You know, I have been dreaming of this Jeep for years and thought to myself "Why settle for 35's when you over 37's". I am super excited! Hopefully the wife will be able to get in. May tie a rope around the roll bar so she can climb in. Hey that's not a bad idea - Kinda like a rope on the kids climbing wall. Think I just created a new business

Well I was going back and forth over 35's and a 3.5" lift or 37's and a 4.5" lift. The door sills will only be about 2 inches higher with the 37's.

Holy crap, DTD means business! Just got an email saying my tires will ship in 24 to 48 hours
Maybe you could put on one of those cargo nets for climbing up the side?
__________________
2014 JKUR Granite, Black Freedom, 430N, Heated black leather, 4.10 Auto, Side Air Bags, UConnect
Extras - AEV JK200, 2.5" Dualsport XT, 35" A/T's, Black Pintlers, RearVision, backup light, Warn Zeon 10-s
NorCalRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #1824
Jeeper
 
Rylandnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Thomasville, NC
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWolve View Post
I just joined the Forum - this is my first post! I'm pulling the trigger today on a Willys 4dr in Granite Crystal Metallic. I'll be sure to post pictures once I have it, but it will be a few weeks for it to come in.

I was a truck guy prior to this, but I've always loved the JK's. Since I moved South, I really don't need my truck for hauling motorcycles as often, so the time is right to change over to a jeep. (And I still have a little trailer for hauling the bikes, if I need a recovery)

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum. I'm a hand-on type of guy, and the JK is a great platform to customize and modify to my needs!
Hey, we can start our own NC Granite Crystal Metallic club
If only I still had my Buell.
Rylandnc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #1825
BCT
Jeeper
 
BCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRubi View Post
Maybe you could put on one of those cargo nets for climbing up the side?
NorCalRubi---
Ask we discussed... Attached are photos of the AEV JK350 I test drove in Cleveland today. Awesome vehicle!

Before the harassment starts!--- I know the pictured Jeep is Black.

My Rubi X on order is Granite. It is currently in D1 status and will be going straight to AEV upon completion for Black Savegre Wheels, 35" KM2's, 2.5 Lift with Geo Brackets, Rear Tire Carrier, and Backup Camera.

Getting anxious... The Granite color is awesome! Couldn't resist a test drive today... Even if it was black! LOL.
__________________
2014 JKURX in Granite, 4.10 Gears, Truck-Lites, Smoked LED Tail Lights, Mopar Insulated Headliner, Rampage Grill Guard, Maximus-3 LP Hoop,
AEV 2.5 Lift , Geo Brackets, Black Savegre Wheels, and BFG KM2s in 35x12.5, AEV Back-up Camera & Tire Carrier,
JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar
N-Fab Nerf Bars & Side Steps
BCT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #1826
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Will do!




haha, thanks man! You know, I have been dreaming of this Jeep for years and thought to myself "Why settle for 35's when you over 37's". I am super excited! Hopefully the wife will be able to get in. May tie a rope around the roll bar so she can climb in. Hey that's not a bad idea - Kinda like a rope on the kids climbing wall. Think I just created a new business

Well I was going back and forth over 35's and a 3.5" lift or 37's and a 4.5" lift. The door sills will only be about 2 inches higher with the 37's.

Holy crap, DTD means business! Just got an email saying my tires will ship in 24 to 48 hours
DTD = awesome $ and service.

maybe your solution could be those emergency rope ladders. roll it up under the seat, then roll it out when needed.
__________________
2014 JKUR | Granite | Auto | 4.10 | Dual Top | Heated Seats | Connectivity | Remote Start

10/18 ordered | VON issued
10/22 VIN issued | Cell block D
11/12 D1 | 11/27 F | 11/28 KZ | 12/14 Driving
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #1827
Jeeper
 
NorCalRubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mill Valley, CA
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCT View Post
NorCalRubi---
Ask we discussed... Attached are photos of the AEV JK350 I test drove in Cleveland today. Awesome vehicle!

Before the harassment starts!--- I know the pictured Jeep is Black.

My Rubi X on order is Granite. It is currently in D1 status and will be going straight to AEV upon completion for Black Savegre Wheels, 35" KM2's, 2.5 Lift with Geo Brackets, Rear Tire Carrier, and Backup Camera.

Getting anxious... The Granite color is awesome! Couldn't resist a test drive today... Even if it was black! LOL.
Thanks for posting those, BCT! It is a monster. Can't wait to see yours...
__________________
2014 JKUR Granite, Black Freedom, 430N, Heated black leather, 4.10 Auto, Side Air Bags, UConnect
Extras - AEV JK200, 2.5" Dualsport XT, 35" A/T's, Black Pintlers, RearVision, backup light, Warn Zeon 10-s
NorCalRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #1828
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ St on MT View Post
DTD = awesome $ and service.

maybe your solution could be those emergency rope ladders. roll it up under the seat, then roll it out when needed.
haha, yeah that is not a bad idea. The door sill should be about 29 inches off the ground with the lift and tires. I'm at about 22 inches right now. The Ace Sliders will be about 25 inches off the ground and I think that will help the wife get in. I talked to several guys running the 4.5 AEV lift with 37's and have had no issues with their stock axles.

This is something that surprised me about the tire weights when I was researching them. The 35x12.50x17 Nitto TG weighs in at 79 lbs. The 37x12.50x17 Nitto TG weighs 83 lbs. The tires have different ratings. I'm not 100% but maybe the 35's are load range E and the 37's are D? Something like that.

Ordered my lift this afternoon and scheduled to get it installed on the 23rd! Hopefully the wife will feel the same
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #1829
Jeeper
 
NorCalRubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mill Valley, CA
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
haha, yeah that is not a bad idea. The door sill should be about 29 inches off the ground with the lift and tires. I'm at about 22 inches right now. The Ace Sliders will be about 25 inches off the ground and I think that will help the wife get in. I talked to several guys running the 4.5 AEV lift with 37's and have had no issues with their stock axles.

This is something that surprised me about the tire weights when I was researching them. The 35x12.50x17 Nitto TG weighs in at 79 lbs. The 37x12.50x17 Nitto TG weighs 83 lbs. The tires have different ratings. I'm not 100% but maybe the 35's are load range E and the 37's are D? Something like that.

Ordered my lift this afternoon and scheduled to get it installed on the 23rd! Hopefully the wife will feel the same
Are you upgrading your axle ratio for the 37's?
__________________
2014 JKUR Granite, Black Freedom, 430N, Heated black leather, 4.10 Auto, Side Air Bags, UConnect
Extras - AEV JK200, 2.5" Dualsport XT, 35" A/T's, Black Pintlers, RearVision, backup light, Warn Zeon 10-s
NorCalRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #1830
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRubi View Post
Are you upgrading your axle ratio for the 37's?
No, not initially. I have talked to quite a few guys who have been running their 3.6 autos with 37's and 4.10's and say it's not bad. 4.56 is probably the sweet spot for 37's, but the 4.10's should be fine. We will see. Really excited to feel how the AEV ride is with the 4.5" lift. I do not have a heavy foot when driving so I am thinking the 4.10's should be good. I know the slightly taller tire will have an effect on things, but at least the weight is gonna be similar to a 35" tire...

__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC