33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratracs installed pics & video - Page 39 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #1141
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,504
^ x2

__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #1142
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Nooooooo

That combo has been said over and over to be less or equal in weight to the stock Rubi 32x17.
The only issue is the wheel having less backspacing and not secured by the factory Bumpstops. The longer daystar bumps fix that.

You are good
Thanks for the reply; that's a load off my mind.

shane75 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #1143
Jeeper
 
smokintaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pa
Posts: 90
Pullin the trigger on the Duratracs and the Level 8's tomorrow. Agonizing over the wheels for 2 months. Thanks for posting all the pics. Will do the same once they're mounted. Of course getting them from DTD.
__________________
If you think you can't....you've already lost.....
smokintaps is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #1144
Jeeper
 
Kuwarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Images: 3
Just picked up my first Jeep yesterday. A 2 Door Black Wrangler Sport.
I love the looks of the "Package" that is being discussed on this thread.
Unfortunately, I live in Pennsylvania and it is illegal to have any of the tread hanging out past the fenders like it does in this package.
Any suggestions on how I can get all of the tread tucked under the fenders so I can be legal and don't have to worry about law enforcement?
Kuwarri is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #1145
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwarri
Just picked up my first Jeep yesterday. A 2 Door Black Wrangler Sport.
I love the looks of the "Package" that is being discussed on this thread.
Unfortunately, I live in Pennsylvania and it is illegal to have any of the tread hanging out past the fenders like it does in this package.
Any suggestions on how I can get all of the tread tucked under the fenders so I can be legal and don't have to worry about law enforcement?
On a JK? Yeah. Leave it stock.
Wharfrat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #1146
Jeeper
 
4fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwarri
Just picked up my first Jeep yesterday. A 2 Door Black Wrangler Sport.
I love the looks of the "Package" that is being discussed on this thread.
Unfortunately, I live in Pennsylvania and it is illegal to have any of the tread hanging out past the fenders like it does in this package.
Any suggestions on how I can get all of the tread tucked under the fenders so I can be legal and don't have to worry about law enforcement?
You would need to stick with a 16" + wheel, since the backspacing on all of the 15" wheels will push the wheel/tire outside of the fenders. You would also need to go with a skinnier tire.

As an example, here is my 16x8.5 wheels with 4.5" backspacing and 285/75/16 tires (33x11). The tire is still outside of the fender a little.


You could also stick with the stock wheels which are 7.5" wide, add 1.5" wheel spacers, and 285 tires. The stock wheels have 6.25" backspacing, so the spacers would bring that down to 4.75". If you don't want to run spacers, you could add a couple washers to your steering stops to prevent rubbing at full lock.

Or go with something like the 255/80/17 KM2, which is 33x10 and will work on the stock wheels without the need for spacers/washers.
__________________
-Jeff-
'11 JKU Sport - TF Leveling Kit - 16" Strike 5s on 33s
4fit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #1147
Jeeper
 
Kuwarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Images: 3
Thank You very much.
Kuwarri is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #1148
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fit View Post
You would need to stick with a 16" + wheel, since the backspacing on all of the 15" wheels will push the wheel/tire outside of the fenders. You would also need to go with a skinnier tire.

As an example, here is my 16x8.5 wheels with 4.5" backspacing and 285/75/16 tires (33x11). The tire is still outside of the fender a little.


You could also stick with the stock wheels which are 7.5" wide, add 1.5" wheel spacers, and 285 tires. The stock wheels have 6.25" backspacing, so the spacers would bring that down to 4.75". If you don't want to run spacers, you could add a couple washers to your steering stops to prevent rubbing at full lock.

Or go with something like the 255/80/17 KM2, which is 33x10 and will work on the stock wheels without the need for spacers/washers.
^^
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Last option would be to installer wider fenders.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #1149
Jeeper
 
Kuwarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Images: 3
I just checked my tire size.They are P225/75R16
So I am imagining the rims are only 7.0 in.
They make my Jeep look under-nourished.

A question about after market fenders.
Do they even make a fender large enough that would allow me to run 33x12.5R15's and still have all of the tread under the fender?
Kuwarri is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #1150
Jeeper
 
Willson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Durango/215
Posts: 328
Ill be joining the 33x12.5R15 Duratrac club this Friday. I can't wait, these 16" steelies are killing me... Oh first Jeep owner 2200 miles ago, and im loving it too.

Oh and Discount Tire is having 100$ off for wheel and tire package on the 27th and 28th for Nevada residents FYI.
Willson is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #1151
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwarri View Post
I just checked my tire size.They are P225/75R16
So I am imagining the rims are only 7.0 in.
They make my Jeep look under-nourished.

A question about after market fenders.
Do they even make a fender large enough that would allow me to run 33x12.5R15's and still have all of the tread under the fender?
The 15x8 (3.75" BS) wheel options we have available will stick out slightly past aftermarket flat fenders with tire size 33x12.50-15.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #1152
Jeeper
 
Kuwarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Images: 3
Could I go with 11 1/2 or 10 1/2. 33's with that setup to get all the tread under the fenders?
__________________
AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks
Black AEV 17x8.5 Savegre Wheels
315/70/r17 Goodyear Duratracs
4.56 Nitro Gears
Kuwarri is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #1153
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
Here's a 15x8 with a 3.75BS and a 35x12.50R15. (Jeep has 4.5" of lift)


A 11.50 wide tire should sit about 1/4" more under the jeep and a 10.50 wide tire should sit about 1/2" more under the jeep. This is an estimation though as tires are like shoes, some run wider and some run narrower in each size.

Here's a link to some additional pics: 15" MB72 fits JK
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #1154
Jeeper
 
jppower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B-ville, MN
Posts: 214
So I was looking to price out some tires and wheels and are duratracs no more, I couldn't find them?
jppower is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #1155
Jeeper
 
jsmithtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,204
Images: 4
I priced a set at Discount Tire two weeks ago.
jsmithtx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #1156
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jppower View Post
So I was looking to price out some tires and wheels and are duratracs no more, I couldn't find them?
If you were trying to price this combination through your local store you may have to call them directly. Not all our locations will have this wheel and tire in stock
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1157
Jeeper
 
MajRager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 101
Just ordered the "combo" from DTD today. I wonder if it's too early considering I haven't got my Wrangler yet? LOL.
MajRager is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #1158
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
^
You rock MajRager! Thank you for your support.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #1159
Jeeper
 
TX Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 509
I'm in Texas and have been using discount tire for years. They always have amazing customer service and it is great to find out that they are a sponsoring vendor. Plus my local store is less than 200 yards away from my office

I've not read the whole thread, so forgive me if I missed this, but I read something about lug nuts needing to be replaced with a different lug kit for "the combo". What is the story with that? If I were to buy the combo, would I also need to buy the previously mentioned lug nut kit or do the MB 72 come with the correct nuts?
TX Sasquatch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #1160
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Sasquatch View Post
I'm in Texas and have been using discount tire for years. They always have amazing customer service and it is great to find out that they are a sponsoring vendor. Plus my local store is less than 200 yards away from my office

I've not read the whole thread, so forgive me if I missed this, but I read something about lug nuts needing to be replaced with a different lug kit for "the combo". What is the story with that? If I were to buy the combo, would I also need to buy the previously mentioned lug nut kit or do the MB 72 come with the correct nuts?
No you do not need to buy new lugs. The stock ones will work with the MB72s. You can elect to do this if you choose purely for cosmetic reasons as the stock lugs are silver and others can be ordered in black a.k.a "gorilla lugs."
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #1161
Jeeper
 
JKralph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KCK
Posts: 10,914
A nice feature of the gorilla lugs is that they require a lug key and the mounting holes on the mb72 are pretty deep, so there is little chance someone is gonna steal your wheels. I mean, they'd have to work really really hard at it.
JKralph is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #1162
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,751
Another thing to consider regarding the stock lug nuts is their diameter. With the smaller diameter and recessed lug holes the MB72 utilizes there is a higher chance that when using the stock lug hardware that you will accidentally mare the lug holes. The Gorilla lug kit we use come with smaller diameter lug nuts and use a thin wall key for installation.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #1163
Jeeper
 
TX Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 509
Thanks for the responses!
TX Sasquatch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #1164
Jeeper
 
TX Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 509
ESP, I've been reading the pages in this thread that I just skimmed before. You're not running the combo anymore? Did you want more of a mud tread instead of all terrain or did your decision have anything to do with the vibration issue? Did the combo become too mainstream for you (joking)? Thanks for the info. This thread has been great.
TX Sasquatch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #1165
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Sasquatch View Post
ESP, I've been reading the pages in this thread that I just skimmed before. You're not running the combo anymore? Did you want more of a mud tread instead of all terrain or did your decision have anything to do with the vibration issue? Did the combo become too mainstream for you (joking)? Thanks for the info. This thread has been great.
I ran this set up for about a year and had a good experience for the most part. I did have balancing issues that were not resolved after many attempts with them once they reached about 13K miles. I have run BFG KM2s, Mickey Thompson MTZ, and BFG ATs since. I am still using the MB wheels.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/33x...os-165614.html
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1166
Jeeper
 
TX Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
I ran this set up for about a year and had a good experience for the most part. I did have balancing issues that were not resolved after many attempts with them once they reached about 13K miles. I have run BFG KM2s, Mickey Thompson MTZ, and BFG ATs since. I am still using the MB wheels.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/33x...os-165614.html
Wow that's a lot of shoes! Clearly, your jeep is female. Thanks for the thread link. I'll check that out.
TX Sasquatch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #1167
ESP
Jeeper
 
ESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 11,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Sasquatch View Post
Wow that's a lot of shoes! Clearly, your jeep is female. Thanks for the thread link. I'll check that out.
Females do ride in it on a regular basis..yes.
__________________
98 XJ 02 TJ 10 JK 13 JK

2013 JK - Lifted w/ 35s - Bilstein 5100s - Monster TB - Chopped Flares - Can't Keep It Clean
ESP is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #1168
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
2012 unlimited altitude

I just bought 2012 wrangler altitude pkg. This car has 18 inch rims on stock but i want to change the tire size is 33 12.50 18. is it fit with out lift? will it rub?
youngstone is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #1169
Jeeper
 
SWAMP RAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstone
I just bought 2012 wrangler altitude pkg. This car has 18 inch rims on stock but i want to change the tire size is 33 12.50 18. is it fit with out lift? will it rub?
"car".....no,no,no.....
SWAMP RAT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #1170
Jeeper
 
smokintaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pa
Posts: 90
A big thanks to Sam over at DTD for hooking me up with a great deal on the Duratracs and Level 8's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b4 n after tires.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	150912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	150913  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep full right.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	150914  

__________________
If you think you can't....you've already lost.....
smokintaps is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CB installed pics Seryoga Communications and Electronics 8 12-03-2007 08:51 AM
A-Z Rockers installed Pics BILLG TJ Pics Forum 11 02-11-2007 08:17 PM
pics and a video Wheeling in Australia H.G On The Trail 11 07-01-2006 09:44 PM
Pics and video from last weekends run. Hackle On The Trail 7 06-05-2006 05:20 PM
No Pics but a video Hackle On The Trail 6 05-20-2006 07:27 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC