33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratracs installed pics & video - Page 65 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #1921
Overlander

WF Supporting Member
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Looks great. Hub rings won't fit in the Tracker because of the push through caps but you shouldn't need them anyway. Just take your time during installation, tighten everything down in a star pattern and you shouldn't have any trouble centering them on your hubs.
After putting them on that's kind of what I figured with the center caps. I'll hit the highway after work today but she rides like a dream now, these big tires eat up the bumps in our terrible NY roads. Thanks for all your help!

Test fitting my spare on my trailer tonight so I'll be back for two more once I can guarantee they fit on the hub.


__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #1922
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 125
Got mine on today, so happy with the results and dealing with DTD. You guys rock!

No lift as of yet, quadratec isn't as prompt with the shipping. Daystar bumpstops, pro cal and tf performance leveling kit to come. Sometime....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2746301052.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	380689   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2290699595.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	380697  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1349528036.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	380705  

big_slacker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #1923
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
What a difference! Looks great big slacker!
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #1924
Jeeper
 
ReggieJk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 88
^^^DTD I am looking at ordering "the combo" next month for my 2010 jk. Can u pm with a price on a set of 5 please. Thanks!!
ReggieJk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #1925
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieJk View Post
^^^DTD I am looking at ordering "the combo" next month for my 2010 jk. Can u pm with a price on a set of 5 please. Thanks!!
PM coming your way
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #1926
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
[QUOTE=Discount Tire;3657051]The 15x8 ET-19 Level 8 Tracker has taken the place of the 15x8 ET-19 MB72. That being said, here's our current mail order price breakdown

15x8 Tracker - $99.00 each
33x12.50-15 DuraTrac - $189.00 each
Lug Kit - $45.00
Rubber Valves - $3.00 per wheel (TPMS Sensors available if needed)
Mounting - FREE
Balance - FREE
Shipping - FREE
Discount - $50.00 OFF WF member discount for purchasing 5 tires
Rebate - $60.00 Goodyear mail-in rebate for purchasing 4 new DuraTrac tires


DTD,

After looking around at a lot of different options, I am interested in this combo, but I have a question or two.

1. Any known problem working with the 10th Anniversary Rubicon Unlimited?
2. Is there an issue running other than E load tire on above vehicle?
3. Can I get 2013 appropriate TPMS sensors installed with this combo from you?
4. Is it possible to get black lugs for the lug kit?
5. Are rubber valves the only available option?
6. These prices are from awhile ago, what are your current OTD price for 5 wheel/tire combo with TPMS added?

Thanks in advance
__________________
___________________________________
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Unlimited
ctompkins5 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #1927
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,966
[QUOTE=ctompkins5;5039665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
The 15x8 ET-19 Level 8 Tracker has taken the place of the 15x8 ET-19 MB72. That being said, here's our current mail order price breakdown

15x8 Tracker - $99.00 each
33x12.50-15 DuraTrac - $189.00 each
Lug Kit - $45.00
Rubber Valves - $3.00 per wheel (TPMS Sensors available if needed)
Mounting - FREE
Balance - FREE
Shipping - FREE
Discount - $50.00 OFF WF member discount for purchasing 5 tires
Rebate - $60.00 Goodyear mail-in rebate for purchasing 4 new DuraTrac tires


DTD,

After looking around at a lot of different options, I am interested in this combo, but I have a question or two.

1. Any known problem working with the 10th Anniversary Rubicon Unlimited?
2. Is there an issue running other than E load tire on above vehicle?
3. Can I get 2013 appropriate TPMS sensors installed with this combo from you?
4. Is it possible to get black lugs for the lug kit?
5. Are rubber valves the only available option?
6. These prices are from awhile ago, what are your current OTD price for 5 wheel/tire combo with TPMS added?

Thanks in advance
I like the rubber valves. Unlike the metal valves, they have a much lower chance of breaking/cracking out on the trail.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #1928
Jeeper
 
namasste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_a914 View Post
Okay so to the people that have had theirs for at least a year, how are they holding up?
I have a couple of years n mine now and they are doing great. By the looks of things, I'd say I have a couple more years for sure.
namasste is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #1929
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctompkins5 View Post

DTD,

After looking around at a lot of different options, I am interested in this combo, but I have a question or two.

1. Any known problem working with the 10th Anniversary Rubicon Unlimited?
2. Is there an issue running other than E load tire on above vehicle?
3. Can I get 2013 appropriate TPMS sensors installed with this combo from you?
4. Is it possible to get black lugs for the lug kit?
5. Are rubber valves the only available option?
6. These prices are from awhile ago, what are your current OTD price for 5 wheel/tire combo with TPMS added?

Thanks in advance
PM coming your way.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #1930
Newb
 
sharck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
Brand new 'combo' today Tracker8 wrapped up in DuraTrac 33/12.50/15
DTD is a must go-to!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-279047217.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	405777  
sharck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #1931
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,966
Still pisses me off to no end that goodyear refuses to make a 35x12.50. Im leaving the combo crew for a the 315 crew, but not thrilled about having an E tire. Damn you goodyear, damn you.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #1932
Jeeper
 
marslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,156
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Still pisses me off to no end that goodyear refuses to make a 35x12.50. Im leaving the combo crew for a the 315 crew, but not thrilled about having an E tire. Damn you goodyear, damn you.
Agreed! I too would likely order 35's next time but instead it looks like I'm stuck with 33's... Unless they start making 35's in the next year or two
__________________
"Opinions are like like a**holes everyone has one"
2012 jk 6sp
35" Hankook MT's, 1.5" Rock Krawler max travel, Rancho 9000's, bushwacker flatties, F&R Rubi Dana 44's w RCV's, chromoly shafts, 5.13 gears, Ace sliders & rear bumper, skid plates, Fab fours diff covers, Terflex rear track bar bracket, RR front bumper, Q9000s winch
marslim is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #1933
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by marslim View Post
Agreed! I too would likely order 35's next time but instead it looks like I'm stuck with 33's... Unless they start making 35's in the next year or two
They won't. I even had a Discount Tire rep email goodyear telling them they have a demand and they still wont budge.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #1934
Jeeper
 
Lycian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 369
Can I get a quote for the combo w/ TPMS for 5? Thanks
__________________

2013 JKU Commando Green

"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, & make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow|R. Jordan (TWoT)
Lycian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #1935
Jeeper
 
CDBillet13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 121
I am between getting these or 285x75x16. Obviously these would be cheaper but how hard is it keep your jeep clean? They stick about 2 inches past the fenders so I know there has to be a good bit thrown down the side of the jeep. No big deal off road but I like her to be clean the rest of the time

2nd how much does the tire weigh?
Thanks!
CDBillet13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #1936
Jeeper
 
Tatchin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 111
33x12.5x15 Duratracs with C load rating were my choice, partially for the ride, partially for the side wall compliance. I use 15x8 Bassett DOT approved racing wheels (made in USA) with 4" backspacing - by my measurements, 4.25" backspacing would not have worked. You can see they slightly exceed fender width.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3095856723.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	410569  
Tatchin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #1937
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycian View Post
Can I get a quote for the combo w/ TPMS for 5? Thanks
PM coming your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBillet13 View Post


2nd how much does the tire weigh?
Thanks!
The 33x12.50-15 DuraTrac weighs 50lbs.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #1938
Jeeper
 
Tatchin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 111
Discount Tire is a fantastic retailer with helpful people. I recommend them, as I used to have a DT shop near me. Unfortunately, I'm more than 300 miles away from one now.
Tatchin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #1939
Jeeper
 
marslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,156
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post

They won't. I even had a Discount Tire rep email goodyear telling them they have a demand and they still wont budge.
Ha yea figures... Guess we're left with the 315/70r17, it's just too bad the price difference is so big. Might be time to switch to some 35" mud terrains and just run the smaller duratracs for winter
__________________
"Opinions are like like a**holes everyone has one"
2012 jk 6sp
35" Hankook MT's, 1.5" Rock Krawler max travel, Rancho 9000's, bushwacker flatties, F&R Rubi Dana 44's w RCV's, chromoly shafts, 5.13 gears, Ace sliders & rear bumper, skid plates, Fab fours diff covers, Terflex rear track bar bracket, RR front bumper, Q9000s winch
marslim is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1940
Jeeper
 
bakos024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 24
DTD,
Do you mind sending me a quote also, w TPMS.

Thanks!
bakos024 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #1941
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
gardnerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 24
Is there a narrower version of the duratracs either in r15 or r16 that won't stick out so much from the fenders? I really like the look and features, but the Seattle area is about to get real soggy, and I'm not sure how much water the combo would be spinning up all the time.

I've tried working backwards through this infinitely long thread because I swear someone had another option that was narrower, but I can't seem to find it...

or maybe i'll get the combo AND wider fenders...
gardnerjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1942
Jeeper
 
Tatchin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 111
Duratracs are available in a variety of sizes in 16" with both C and E loads. You can also find 4.5" backspacing on 16" wheels. The narrower 15" tire is 31" in diameter.
Tatchin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #1943
Jeeper
 
CDBillet13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 121
285x75x16. These are e rated and about 40 more per tire. That's what I am debating along with toyo open country at2
CDBillet13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #1944
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatchin View Post
Discount Tire is a fantastic retailer with helpful people. I recommend them, as I used to have a DT shop near me. Unfortunately, I'm more than 300 miles away from one now.
Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by marslim View Post
Ha yea figures... Guess we're left with the 315/70r17, it's just too bad the price difference is so big. Might be time to switch to some 35" mud terrains and just run the smaller duratracs for winter
The DuraTrac is also available in size 315/75-16. If you're interested in setting up a 16" combination let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakos024 View Post
DTD,
Do you mind sending me a quote also, w TPMS.

Thanks!
PM coming your way.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #1945
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerjr View Post
Is there a narrower version of the duratracs either in r15 or r16 that won't stick out so much from the fenders? I really like the look and features, but the Seattle area is about to get real soggy, and I'm not sure how much water the combo would be spinning up all the time.

I've tried working backwards through this infinitely long thread because I swear someone had another option that was narrower, but I can't seem to find it...

or maybe i'll get the combo AND wider fenders...
Like Tatchin pointed out, in 15", the DuraTrac is available in size 31x10.50-15 but this size is a little short for the JK (excluding the base sport model). Also, all the 15" wheels that work on the JK have 4 inches of backspace or lower so the assemblies are going to stick out of the fenders regardless of how narrow the tire is. If you're worried about debris/water being thrown up the sides of your Jeep you may want to consider a 16" wheel that has 5 inches of backspace or more. Couple this with 285/75-16 tires and the assemblies will sit flush/inside the fender well.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #1946
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
gardnerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 24
The 16" tracker 8's appear to have ~4.5" of backspacing, according to the interwebs. (wht is that info not on the dtd website? if it is I couldn't find it there!)

so that's hypothetically only like 1/2" outside of the fenders, compared to something like 1.5" on the 15" combo?
gardnerjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #1947
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerjr View Post
The 16" tracker 8's appear to have ~4.5" of backspacing, according to the interwebs. (wht is that info not on the dtd website? if it is I couldn't find it there!)

so that's hypothetically only like 1/2" outside of the fenders, compared to something like 1.5" on the 15" combo?
We don't list Backspace on our website but we do list Offset. (last 2 numbers in the wheel's size)

The amount a wheel will stick out determined by the wheels width and its offset/backspace.

The 16x8.5 tracker has a -6mm offset. This is equal to a 4.5" Backspace.
An 8.5" wide wheel with a 4.5" Backspace/ -6mm offset will stick out about 1/2" past the stock fenders on a JK. (not counting the tire).

A 15x8 with a -19mm offset has a 3.75" Backspace. This wheel will stick out about 3/4" past the stock fenders on a Jk. (not counting the tire).


Here's a link that explains offset and backspace: Wheel Offset and Backspace - How Do They Relate? | The Squealing Tire
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Discount Tire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #1948
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
We don't list Backspace on our website but we do list Offset. (last 2 numbers in the wheel's size)

The amount a wheel will stick out determined by the wheels width and its offset/backspace.

The 16x8.5 tracker has a -6mm offset. This is equal to a 4.5" Backspace.
An 8.5" wide wheel with a 4.5" Backspace/ -6mm offset will stick out about 1/2" past the stock fenders on a JK. (not counting the tire).

A 15x8 with a -19mm offset has a 3.75" Backspace. This wheel will stick out about 3/4" past the stock fenders on a Jk. (not counting the tire).


Here's a link that explains offset and backspace: Wheel Offset and Backspace - How Do They Relate? | The Squealing Tire
Damn so 315 Duratracs on a 16" Tracker wont stick out as much as a 33x12.50 on a 15" tracker? Part of what I loved about my old setup was the stance. Hopefully it will still poke out a little bit and not be fully tucked.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #1949
Jeeper
 
Tatchin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 111
If you get a 16" tracker, I think the back spacing is 4.5" which will make the tire stick out about 1.5" - I went with 15" wheels and 4" back spacing for this look:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-899397359.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	418369  
Tatchin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #1950
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,966
My 15" trackers stuck out about 1.5" or so. Id like the 16s to be close to that if possible.

NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CB installed pics Seryoga Communications and Electronics 8 12-03-2007 09:51 AM
A-Z Rockers installed Pics BILLG TJ Pics Forum 11 02-11-2007 09:17 PM
pics and a video Wheeling in Australia H.G On The Trail 11 07-01-2006 10:44 PM
Pics and video from last weekends run. Hackle On The Trail 7 06-05-2006 06:20 PM
No Pics but a video Hackle On The Trail 6 05-20-2006 08:27 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC