Lets See Some Jeeps!!! Want an idea of options.. Post a pic of your Jeep Yj - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Lets See Some Jeeps!!! Want an idea of options.. Post a pic of your Jeep Yj

This Is My Baby I have had Her for two years. I Got it from my dad before he passed away from cancer. It was both of are joy to take it wheeling. Now i want to finish a dream and make her better. Lets see some of your jeep so i can get an idea of options. I want all jeeps. stock and modified

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_ead118dd2d09ef62dd5a2a684df80165.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	8611

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_ed4bd2a424ff497d944d417d8c746d95.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	8612

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_f9d3cc83bd224c08ad79df930b7a00b6.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	8613

BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
jpdocdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
Images: 7

__________________
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
jpdocdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
jpdocdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
Images: 7
__________________
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
jpdocdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdocdave View Post
Thats a nice jeep. So If that was so long ago why not more resent pictures. I do like it a lot though. Is there more that you have done to it? because I know i want to fit 35'' or 37'' tires. I was also thinking about doing a coil conversion? what so you think. Im really debating it to. and what all do you need to do for a spring over axle conversion?
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
jpdocdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSahara1990 View Post
Thats a nice jeep. So If that was so long ago why not more resent pictures. I do like it a lot though. Is there more that you have done to it? because I know i want to fit 35'' or 37'' tires. I was also thinking about doing a coil conversion? what so you think. Im really debating it to. and what all do you need to do for a spring over axle conversion?
thanks. that jeep got sold when the family started. my current wranglers are in my sig, black one pictured and some of my build pics of the red head.

i could've ran 35's easily, just chose not to with those axles.

if you think soa is too much money, coils are insane. they are nice, but i'm not even doing it on my frame off ground up build due to cost, and i'm not cutting corners. i like the strong reliabilty of the leafs.

soa isn't rediculously expensive, just more than a regular kit.

you'll want new springs, stock height, or 2" or they even make ones designed for soa about 1.5" i would'nt do much more than 2 or 2.5 on a wheeler, mudder maybe.

shocks
drop pitman arm (and usually a custom drag link, otk steering or so on, i made mine out of dom tubing)
longer brake hoses
sye and cv driveshaft out back
spring perches, can be bought or made,
setting the rear pinion angle while welding perches soa
sway bar disco's (do not need to be longer like a regular lift kit)

i'm sure i'm forgetting something, but most of that is needed for any lift, only a few things make it different, and more expensive. but i always bring it up, because ask anyone who has done it, and they'll never go back to sua lifts.
__________________
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data...re_cowbell.gif
jpdocdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Yeah There is a jeep in my town that has a nice soa conversion an a yj Im going to have to talk to him about it. Its so nice looking and he has fullwidths under it. But very clean looking.

As for me doing the coil conversion i know its a lot of money but i was thinking a few years down the road but for right now the soa sound the best to me right now i have a 2'' add a leaf on my sua and i want more height because i always get caught up on my belly and its no fun.

now my favorite type of 4 wheeling is rock crawling but nothing to bad and snow wheeling two very different things I live in northern california and i like to go to a place called gold valley. Have you ever heard?
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
Newb
 
not4mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N.Carolina
Posts: 13
Lightbulb ideas

cool jeep... J-ust E-mpty E-very P-ocket good luck on your project(s)..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01643.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	8619  
Attached Images
 
not4mud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4mud View Post
cool jeep... J-ust E-mpty E-very P-ocket good luck on your project(s)..
so you own both jeeps. And i Have heard that before. Just empty every pocket. Lol it makes me laugh because all my friends are ford fans. and im the only jeep when i go wheeling. lol. but yeah Im ready to drop money into it but i have to make the money first. haa
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
Newb
 
not4mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N.Carolina
Posts: 13
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSahara1990 View Post
so you own both jeeps. And i Have heard that before. Just empty every pocket. Lol it makes me laugh because all my friends are ford fans. and im the only jeep when i go wheeling. lol. but yeah Im ready to drop money into it but i have to make the money first. haa
it's the same jeep(93 sahara)... bought it in 98 stock. started w/ a BDS 3-1/2 lift,33's.. it was soppose to be a daily driver??? keep s changing for some odd reason
not4mud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
yeah I want mine to be somthing i can drive on the street and as a somwhat daily driver. But i like your jeep and thats street legal?
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #11
Newb
 
not4mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N.Carolina
Posts: 13
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSahara1990 View Post
yeah I want mine to be somthing i can drive on the street and as a somwhat daily driver. But i like your jeep and thats street legal?
so far...lol. no issues here in nc . we have to pass strict emssions and safety inspections...
i've broken,over the years, a lot of stock rear axlesshafts (d35c-clips)and rebuilt it with axle upgrades for the d35 with no luck. running just 33's (lockers,winch ,bumpers,etc... weight) and using a very light foot.it grew over the years soa,etc..never had issues with the stock d30 up front.eventually got tired of wasting a good trail day trying to limp back to the parking area and spending money on rollbacks draggin my broke ass home... upgraded to a dana44 up front and a dana60 hangn out back (lockers,tube fenders,comp cut,etc...) and haven't had any problems.i'm building a d60 hp for the front right now.stroked the 4.0 to a 4.9(300ci,315hp,345ftlbs of tq)...gonna stretch it out w/4 link frt and rear,full hydro steering,fuelcell.i got 4 -16 king coilovers ,hope to hang it all in the next few weeks....it hasen't stopped changing yet!!!lol
i guess i'm beating an old dead horse,but it does make a difference if it's your dd... soa and leafs are great and will do almost anything you can throw at em! so take your time ,research, and enjoy... i'll help if i can... good luck

oh yeah ,i can cruise at highway speeds...
















coilovers ,fuelcell,
not4mud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4mud View Post
so far...lol. no issues here in nc . we have to pass strict emssions and safety inspections...
i've broken,over the years, a lot of stock rear axlesshafts (d35c-clips)and rebuilt it with axle upgrades for the d35 with no luck. running just 33's (lockers,winch ,bumpers,etc... weight) and using a very light foot.it grew over the years soa,etc..never had issues with the stock d30 up front.eventually got tired of wasting a good trail day trying to limp back to the parking area and spending money on rollbacks draggin my broke ass home... upgraded to a dana44 up front and a dana60 hangn out back (lockers,tube fenders,comp cut,etc...) and haven't had any problems.i'm building a d60 hp for the front right now.stroked the 4.0 to a 4.9(300ci,315hp,345ftlbs of tq)...gonna stretch it out w/4 link frt and rear,full hydro steering,fuelcell.i got 4 -16 king coilovers ,hope to hang it all in the next few weeks....it hasen't stopped changing yet!!!lol
i guess i'm beating an old dead horse,but it does make a difference if it's your dd... soa and leafs are great and will do almost anything you can throw at em! so take your time ,research, and enjoy... i'll help if i can... good luck

oh yeah ,i can cruise at highway speeds...
















coilovers ,fuelcell,




Hey thats sweet the law hates 4wheelers where im at. lol but i want dana 44's front and rear with 4.88 or 5.29 gear ratios. just want it nise looking and with minamal cutting on the body. i like the body and dont want to really change to much on it. i might bobtail the back a little and i do not want the flat fender in the front. but yeah thanks for the tips and information it hepls alot and trust me your jeep inspires me
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #13
Newb
 
not4mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N.Carolina
Posts: 13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdocdave View Post
thanks. that jeep got sold when the family started. my current wranglers are in my sig, black one pictured and some of my build pics of the red head.

i could've ran 35's easily, just chose not to with those axles.

if you think soa is too much money, coils are insane. they are nice, but i'm not even doing it on my frame off ground up build due to cost, and i'm not cutting corners. i like the strong reliabilty of the leafs.

soa isn't rediculously expensive, just more than a regular kit.

you'll want new springs, stock height, or 2" or they even make ones designed for soa about 1.5" i would'nt do much more than 2 or 2.5 on a wheeler, mudder maybe.

shocks
drop pitman arm (and usually a custom drag link, otk steering or so on, i made mine out of dom tubing)
longer brake hoses
sye and cv driveshaft out back
spring perches, can be bought or made,
setting the rear pinion angle while welding perches soa
sway bar disco's (do not need to be longer like a regular lift kit)

i'm sure i'm forgetting something, but most of that is needed for any lift, only a few things make it different, and more expensive. but i always bring it up, because ask anyone who has done it, and they'll never go back to sua lifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSahara1990 View Post
Hey thats sweet the law hates 4wheelers where im at. lol but i want dana 44's front and rear with 4.88 or 5.29 gear ratios. just want it nise looking and with minamal cutting on the body. i like the body and dont want to really change to much on it. i might bobtail the back a little and i do not want the flat fender in the front. but yeah thanks for the tips and information it hepls alot and trust me your jeep inspires me
word.. thx mang.. 44s will do the trick 4 sure.plenty of charts for gear ratios depending on tire size and tranny.you may have to trim a 1/2 inch or so off the bottom edge of your fender flairs ,(no metal).this will help to keep the stock look and save some money on lift gadgets,all depending on 35 or 37's- shackles,springs,body lift etc... "don't want to change the body much", bobtail? that's a pretty big body change,isn't it?! it works too! and looks pretty cool...
not4mud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4mud View Post
word.. thx mang.. 44s will do the trick 4 sure.plenty of charts for gear ratios depending on tire size and tranny.you may have to trim a 1/2 inch or so off the bottom edge of your fender flairs ,(no metal).this will help to keep the stock look and save some money on lift gadgets,all depending on 35 or 37's- shackles,springs,body lift etc... "don't want to change the body much", bobtail? that's a pretty big body change,isn't it?! it works too! and looks pretty cool...
Not like a large babtail i meant like trim some off. but possibly a full bobtail im not sure now?
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3
You have really taken care of it nicely.
__________________
Wrangler 2008 Jeep Tail Lights
caryabhi126 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
yeah I dont like to trash my rig. It has to much meaning to me. I am told a lot that its really nice but i wish it was better
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #17
Newb
 
not4mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N.Carolina
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSahara1990 View Post
Not like a large babtail i meant like trim some off. but possibly a full bobtail im not sure now?
dig it. keep me posted on your upgrades.
__________________
not4mud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
BSahara1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norther California
Posts: 55
Images: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4mud View Post
dig it. keep me posted on your upgrades.
Yeah no problem. I'm going to be rebuilding the carb so ill take pictures and ill show you the inside. send a friend invite ill tell you a story about my jeep.
BSahara1990 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
buckshot500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Carolina
Posts: 798
http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...1&d=1243311436

Quote:
Originally Posted by not4mud View Post
it's the same jeep(93 sahara)... bought it in 98 stock. started w/ a BDS 3-1/2 lift,33's.. it was soppose to be a daily driver??? keep s changing for some odd reason
The changing thing is working!!!
That's a real nice jeep, & if my heep ever changes color it will be from red to yellow!

I always liked the color but seeing yours, makes me want to paint mine much sooner than I would have!

__________________
90YJ 98XJ
buckshot500 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie with A few ?'s before I purchase a jeep... nickbooma TJ General Discussion Forum 16 05-27-2009 01:04 PM
Considering a new Jeep - seat options ohradiogirl JK General Discussion Forum 5 04-14-2009 10:05 PM
Skeeter hurt my jeep. amy General Jeep Discussion 22 12-11-2007 02:47 PM
The 411 on the New 2006 Jeep Wrangler jeeptales TJ General Discussion Forum 16 08-15-2005 11:46 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC