2011 Uconnect streaming audio quality - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > Communications and Electronics

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
Hello, I'm wondering if we can may try to put together a list of people that have 2011 Chrysler/J/Dodge vehicles with streaming audio complaints. (I included all 3 makes because I know that people with the other makes also visit other forums). Just trying to get an idea of how many people really don't like the sound quality. So if we can just "quote" this post then add your name and the vehicle type that would be great.

1) This is for 2011 vehicles withthe Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB)
2) when you list your name & vehicle please add the radio model also.

xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hello, I'm wondering if we can may try to put together a list of people that have 2011 Chrysler/J/Dodge vehicles with streaming audio complaints. (I included all 3 makes because I know that people with the other makes also visit other forums). Just trying to get an idea of how many people really don't like the sound quality. So if we can just "quote" this post then add your name and the vehicle type that would be great. EX:
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram

xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central TX
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hello, I'm wondering if we can may try to put together a list of people that have 2011 Chrysler/J/Dodge vehicles with streaming audio complaints. (I included all 3 makes because I know that people with the other makes also visit other forums). Just trying to get an idea of how many people really don't like the sound quality. So if we can just "quote" this post then add your name and the vehicle type that would be great.

1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler
wranglertexas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
NOTE: I had the Moderator edit the original posting to include:
screen name vehicle radio

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Hello, I'm wondering if we can may try to put together a list of people that have 2011 Chrysler/J/Dodge vehicles with streaming audio complaints. (I included all 3 makes because I know that people with the other makes also visit other forums). Just trying to get an idea of how many people really don't like the sound quality. So if we can just "quote" this post then add your name and the vehicle type that would be great.


1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler


Thanks
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central TX
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
NOTE: I had the Moderator edit the original posting to include:
screen name vehicle radio

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Hello, I'm wondering if we can may try to put together a list of people that have 2011 Chrysler/J/Dodge vehicles with streaming audio complaints. (I included all 3 makes because I know that people with the other makes also visit other forums). Just trying to get an idea of how many people really don't like the sound quality. So if we can just "quote" this post then add your name and the vehicle type that would be great.

Thanks
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
wranglertexas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglertexas View Post
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
Thanks!
jmar31 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
rafaelz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
Mak_Sim is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
LaTuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,043
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
__________________
You kids are probably saying to yourself, "Now, I'm gonna go out, and I'm gonna get the world by the tail, and wrap it around and put it in my pocket!!" Well, I'm here to tell you that you're probably gonna find out, as you go out there, that you're not gonna amount to Jack Squat!!" You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river!
LaTuFu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Dieselbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 158
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB


Thanks once again for the first update. I hope they pay you well!

PS: I have upgraded to a new phone as well, from the Sasunmg Galaxy to the SGIII and have not really have time to play around with the BT streaming but everything else is working AFAIK. It DOES stream, but I have not tested re-connectivity or sound quality as of yet. My older ipod (5G) works through the USB just fine.
__________________
2009 JKU Rubicon for 2 years
Traded up to a 2011 Rubi in March/11... Then a 4500 mile road trip to break it in in the first 2 weeks.
It is my DD with 3 kids under 12. One in a car seat...
Dieselbud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 30
Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Chrysler Town & Country (RBZ radio)

I also notice some crackling when connecting an iPod through the USB cable. I know that's not the same as Bluetooth streaming, but thought i'd add to the conversation.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
You're welcome DB. That new GIII is a nice phone, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. You had the Captivate before didn't you? Big upgrade there.

1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB

9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbud View Post

Thanks once again for the first update. I hope they pay you well!

PS: I have upgraded to a new phone as well, from the Sasunmg Galaxy to the SGIII and have not really have time to play around with the BT streaming but everything else is working AFAIK. It DOES stream, but I have not tested re-connectivity or sound quality as of yet. My older ipod (5G) works through the USB just fine.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
Hello BB, what iPod are you using?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Chrysler Town & Country (RBZ radio)

I also notice some crackling when connecting an iPod through the USB cable. I know that's not the same as Bluetooth streaming, but thought i'd add to the conversation.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 28
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee RHB? (Navigation)
sillyphillie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
You're welcome DB. That new GIII is a nice phone, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. You had the Captivate before didn't you? Big upgrade there.

1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
metalistic is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalistic View Post
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ 10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Mojave RES 130
Jimstem is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
Originally Posted by metalistic
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ 10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ

11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler RES
12) sillyphillie 2011 GC RHB










Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimstem View Post
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Mojave RES 130
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
Newb
 
durkine1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5
Audio Streaming Issues

Wrangler 2011
RES 130
durkine1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ 10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler RES
12) sillyphillie 2011 GC RHB
13) durkine 1 2011 wrangler RES 130
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
2011 Wrangler Mojave - RBZ
Douglas31 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ 10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler RES
12) sillyphillie 2011 GC RHB
13) durkine 1 2011 wrangler RES 130
14) Douglas31 2011 Wrangler Mojave - RBZ
15) Ram n CJ 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ


Has this been fixed for 2012s?
This stereo has been the biggest disappointment over any stereo I've ever had. The Hard drive usage sucks, it can't even seem to sort music or handle playlists, to make a phone call takes 10 minutes because it has to "connect" and stuff too (my 2010 chevy was not like that), can't easily nav between stereo and sirius either. LOVE my truck. HATE the stereo. Biggest waste of $$ ever, so even though the streaming is pretty poor, everything else is poor too so I don't expect much.
Ram n CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
dio has a fix in the SW depending on the build date. Vehicles built after 1-1-2012 have the SW update and the bitpool change in them. Vehicles built prior to 1-1-2012 And with the Mitsubishi radios only (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) can apply the TSB 08-018-12 to them from the dealer or I have another thread in this forum that has the SW update link and instructions to apply it.
1) As fo rthe HD, I can't help much there because that's a with the radio.
2) Uconnect doesn't take 10 minutes to use for making calls. After the key is turned it takes about 45 seconds to power up, about 15 seconds to locate the phone and start the secured handshake, then depending on how many contacts that you have and the amout of numbers for each contact that you have it could take up to a couple more minutes for the phone to bond with Uconnect.
I have an iPhone 4s with 1100 contacts, many have 4 contact #'s for each. (Uconnect will handle up to 1,000 contacts with up to 4 numbers / contact) and it takes about 3 minutes before I can call from the phonebook, however if I know the contact's phone number, I can start placing calls within a minute with digit dialing.

3) Can you explain the issue with navigating between the radio & Sirius?

4) PS, thank you for straightening up the list. I appreciate it.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central Mass
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram n CJ View Post
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ 10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler RES
12) sillyphillie 2011 GC RHB
13) durkine 1 2011 wrangler RES 130
14) Douglas31 2011 Wrangler Mojave - RBZ
15) Ram n CJ 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ

16) Seginus 2011 Wrangler RHB
Seginus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
OK now I remember about the streaming. I tried it when my car was new, and it was so bad I just thought it was a problem with my phone.... Really other phones have the same streaming quality I do? Its so bad you can't even CONSIDER using it. So bad I dont know how you can even call it an option! That really angers me if its not a "phone" issue and it actually is like this for everyone...
Ram n CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
OK, I'm going to explain this again for those who didn't look far enough for an answer.
The 2011 Uconnect Sw was written in late 2009 - early 2010 in order to be tested and released in time for Chrysler to start using for builds statring June 2010. The phones that were available at that time and even previously to that had all supported a bit pool of 18. Uconnect supported a bitpool of 18 - 25. This was the standard at that time. Phone MFGs decided that they wanted to have stereo sound quality while streaming with and did so without getting with the car kit companies to validate the phones. Chrysler as well as others test around 100 phones a year, there is no way to test every phone on th emarket or to pretest future phones. A supplier of any product may not find out about any issues for as long as 6 months. Now that it is a known issue, it can be worked on and Chrysler has to make the descision on whether or not to pay for a new update. You really cant expect a new update to come out everytime a new phone comes out. Whaat may work fine for one phone may not work well with another phone. a phone that was working great maay not work when that phone gets a new update.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram n CJ View Post
OK now I remember about the streaming. I tried it when my car was new, and it was so bad I just thought it was a problem with my phone.... Really other phones have the same streaming quality I do? Its so bad you can't even CONSIDER using it. So bad I dont know how you can even call it an option! That really angers me if its not a "phone" issue and it actually is like this for everyone...
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler RES
12) sillyphillie 2011 GC RHB
13) durkine 1 2011 wrangler RES 130
14) Douglas31 2011 Wrangler Mojave - RBZ
15) Ram n CJ 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
16) Seginus 2011 Wrangler RHB
17) Ram n CJ 2011 wrangler
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #27
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
dio has a fix in the SW depending on the build date. Vehicles built after 1-1-2012 have the SW update and the bitpool change in them. Vehicles built prior to 1-1-2012 And with the Mitsubishi radios only (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) can apply the TSB 08-018-12 to them from the dealer or I have another thread in this forum that has the SW update link and instructions to apply it.
1) As fo rthe HD, I can't help much there because that's a with the radio.
2) Uconnect doesn't take 10 minutes to use for making calls. After the key is turned it takes about 45 seconds to power up, about 15 seconds to locate the phone and start the secured handshake, then depending on how many contacts that you have and the amout of numbers for each contact that you have it could take up to a couple more minutes for the phone to bond with Uconnect.
I have an iPhone 4s with 1100 contacts, many have 4 contact #'s for each. (Uconnect will handle up to 1,000 contacts with up to 4 numbers / contact) and it takes about 3 minutes before I can call from the phonebook, however if I know the contact's phone number, I can start placing calls within a minute with digit dialing.

3) Can you explain the issue with navigating between the radio & Sirius?

4) PS, thank you for straightening up the list. I appreciate it.
re:
2) OK so 10 minutes was an unfair exaggeration... but its too long to use, which seems to defeat the purpose. You have to hit the phone button and wait for it to "connect"- It says "phone XYZ Connected" before you call. My Mercedes and my older chevy (2010) let you hit the button and start talking- (for example, "Call Wife" not wait for it to tell you what phone is connected and ask you to talk to it. I thought it was just a demo-setting when we set it up at the dealership, but it never went away! Just annoying enough to keep me from using it and making me get my phone out. (its quicker to just do it on the phone).

3) Its difficult to "navigate" between sirius and and radio- you have to either search through the menu or hit "switch" about 7 times to get from one to the other because it goes through all the options (HDD, Ipod, Aux, AM, FM, Sirius, CD). Other cars such as the Chevy's for example let you intermix XM and Radio so favorite 2 might be xm but favorite 3 could be an FM channel. The reason this is incredibly annoying is because every 3 1/2 minutes (after a song is over) you have to spend literally 30-45 seconds to go from "FM" to "Sirius", and if you don't like whats on sirius, more time to get back to FM. when it seems more logical just to switch right between them quickly. With this car you have to "choose" sirius or radio, and I think most people don't care if its sirius or radio, they are just switching channels. Its a big enough pain that I don't even listen to Sirius anymore unless I'm driving out of the radio radius, even though there are 3 channels I do like on Sirius.

I love everything about this car except the stereo... And I know in writing this it makes me sound like I'm just being really picky and whiny, but the stereo seems like 10 year old technology- cool technology, but they didn't take into consideration ergonomics and usability, and if this was a 2004, I'd expect it, but in a 2011 I'd expect the same ergonomics and usability other radio manufacturers offer, especially for the radio upgrade pricetag. (not sure if others did this, but I choose this stereo over an aftermarket stereo with the "hope" that the OEM integration and ergonomics would be improved over an aftermarket stereo, but it does not even seem to stack up to them or its competition).

as I said though, I LOVE this car, and would recommend it to anyone... I'd just tell them to skip the upgraded stereo options and spend the same money on aftermarket solutions.

Side note, I think you added me as 17 by mistake.
Ram n CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
Ok, then.
I'm not an Engineer, I don't work for Chrysler and some of the things you mentioned I can agree with.
I can't help with the designing of the product but I can offer more help than it seems the dealers or Chrysler custome rcare does. One thing that does amount to the time frame is that older vehicles supported less features and some were much smaller profiles than the newer profiles that are currently used. There is a lot of security that has to be built into the systems also. I'm not familliar with other vehicles and how their systems work so I'm also not familiar with the profiles that they support.
Just a little more curious as to which radio that you have? Thanks




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram n CJ View Post
re:
2) OK so 10 minutes was an unfair exaggeration... but its too long to use, which seems to defeat the purpose. You have to hit the phone button and wait for it to "connect"- It says "phone XYZ Connected" before you call. My Mercedes and my older chevy (2010) let you hit the button and start talking- (for example, "Call Wife" not wait for it to tell you what phone is connected and ask you to talk to it. I thought it was just a demo-setting when we set it up at the dealership, but it never went away! Just annoying enough to keep me from using it and making me get my phone out. (its quicker to just do it on the phone).

3) Its difficult to "navigate" between sirius and and radio- you have to either search through the menu or hit "switch" about 7 times to get from one to the other because it goes through all the options (HDD, Ipod, Aux, AM, FM, Sirius, CD). Other cars such as the Chevy's for example let you intermix XM and Radio so favorite 2 might be xm but favorite 3 could be an FM channel. The reason this is incredibly annoying is because every 3 1/2 minutes (after a song is over) you have to spend literally 30-45 seconds to go from "FM" to "Sirius", and if you don't like whats on sirius, more time to get back to FM. when it seems more logical just to switch right between them quickly. With this car you have to "choose" sirius or radio, and I think most people don't care if its sirius or radio, they are just switching channels. Its a big enough pain that I don't even listen to Sirius anymore unless I'm driving out of the radio radius, even though there are 3 channels I do like on Sirius.

I love everything about this car except the stereo... And I know in writing this it makes me sound like I'm just being really picky and whiny, but the stereo seems like 10 year old technology- cool technology, but they didn't take into consideration ergonomics and usability, and if this was a 2004, I'd expect it, but in a 2011 I'd expect the same ergonomics and usability other radio manufacturers offer, especially for the radio upgrade pricetag. (not sure if others did this, but I choose this stereo over an aftermarket stereo with the "hope" that the OEM integration and ergonomics would be improved over an aftermarket stereo, but it does not even seem to stack up to them or its competition).

as I said though, I LOVE this car, and would recommend it to anyone... I'd just tell them to skip the upgraded stereo options and spend the same money on aftermarket solutions.

Side note, I think you added me as 17 by mistake.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Ok, then.
I'm not an Engineer, I don't work for Chrysler and some of the things you mentioned I can agree with.
I can't help with the designing of the product but I can offer more help than it seems the dealers or Chrysler custome rcare does. One thing that does amount to the time frame is that older vehicles supported less features and some were much smaller profiles than the newer profiles that are currently used. There is a lot of security that has to be built into the systems also. I'm not familliar with other vehicles and how their systems work so I'm also not familiar with the profiles that they support.
Just a little more curious as to which radio that you have? Thanks
I posted in your list before (number 15)- RBZ

At least I think its RBZ. (have the HD, Rear view camera, but no nav)

I know YOU can't do anything about it, so my items listed certainly are not directed at YOU, just adding to the conversation and concern!
Ram n CJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,694
Ok, great. I'm working on trying to get something done thru a few connections.
I'm still confused on why it's difficult to navigate thru Sirius. When you're in the radio mode, AM, FM & SAT are touch buttons on the screen. You don't have to go thru the menu. What is the "switch" button"? Look onn the bottom right corner of the radio faceplate, there is a 3 digit code, it this radio the RBZ? Because I have the RHB and the only difference between the 2 radios is mostly the navigation. I find the radio quite easy to use, not to mention that you caan use voice commands to go from AM - FM - SAT radio as well as any other media. Stations can also be located by VR commands.


1) xsdbs 2011 wrangler RHB
2) madmax 2011 Dodge Ram RHB
3) wranglertexas 2011 wrangler RES 130
4) jon31 2011 wrangler RHB
5) rafaelz 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
6) Mak_Sim April 2011 Grand Cherokee RB2
7) LaTuFu March 2011 Wrangler RES 130
8) Dieselbud 2011 Jeep Wrangler RHB
9) Big Boy Laroux - 2011 Town & Country RBZ
10) Metalistic 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
11) jimstem 2011 Wrangler RES
12) sillyphillie 2011 GC RHB
13) durkine 1 2011 wrangler RES 130
14) Douglas31 2011 Wrangler Mojave - RBZ
15) Ram n CJ 2011 Ram 1500 RBZ
16) Seginus 2011 Wrangler RHB




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram n CJ View Post
I posted in your list before (number 15)- RBZ

At least I think its RBZ. (have the HD, Rear view camera, but no nav)

I know YOU can't do anything about it, so my items listed certainly are not directed at YOU, just adding to the conversation and concern!

xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC