Finally, after about a month and a half of BS the stereo upgrade is complete!
It took a while, but it was well worth the wait.
The last stuff I needed to get to complete everything were amp kits, cables, etc. While looking for that stuff, I found a shop that told me if I bought all of it from them, they'd do the install for free. I couldn't pass that up. As it turned out, it saved me a big headache.
There's alot more to it than I anticipated.
Now that it's all in, it sounds great. The Kappa's really are alot better when they are amped out. They have ZERO distortion, and capture the highs very well. The Rockford P2's are very tight and quick with the metal that I listen to, and really pound you in the back when you switch over to some rock/rap type of music. The 160GB HD works flawlessly. The response is every bit as quick as a CD, possibly faster.
The Rockford and Alpine amps are working great as well. The Rockford 500watt that I bought is actually pumping out 800watts. I was able to present it with a 1ohm load because the Rockford P2's are 4 ohm DVC's that could be re-wired. So I'm getting it's FULL power. The Alpine is pumping out the full 75watts per channel because all the Kappa's I bought are 2ohms. That's a total of 1100watts. Will I ever use it to it's potential? Probably not. I like my music loud, and to hit hard, but I also like having ear drums.
The one thing that irritated me is that since the Sub Box has smooth plastic edges that sit a bit higher than the carpet on the box, it slides like crazy in my cargo area. To remedy this, I found an industrial grade rubber floor mat over at Home Depot. They are 3'x3' and after you trim the nipples off of just 1 of the edges, it fits PERFECTLY in your cargo area. It really looks sharp, and of course, now that Sub Box doesn't move an inch.
I'll post some pics below, but will not be able to include one of the HU all lit up at this time. The reason is because I just killed by battery. I was sitting in there listening to music and messing with all the settings, and time got away from me.
Oh well, I'll charge it up tomorrow and post one final picture with it all lit up afterwards. The deck now matches all the interior lighting mods that I just finished doing as well. If you'd like to see that, here's the link:
But remember, I have a dead battery right now and won't be able to post a completed set of pictures with all the lights together until late tomorrow on that thread as well.