love ma lady - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > Communications and Electronics

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
XV_
Jeeper
 
XV_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 246
love ma lady

my bday is on wed, gf surprised the hell out of me and bought me a stereo!

Kenwood - 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple® iPod®-/Satellite Radio-Ready In-Dash CD Deck - KDC-BT945U




cant wait to install tomorrow! wahooooo!

anything i should know about removing my stock stereo?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9760651_sa[1].jpg
Views:	85
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	25423  

__________________
-JEEP OR NOTHING-

2001 Steel Blue TJ- 2.5 -5 Speed
XV_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Geoff@Bestop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,612
The quickest way to remove your old radio is to park it overnight in a bad neighborhood.

Sorry, just bad joke. I'm not the guy to answer stereo questions, but there are plenty people around.

Happy Birthday.

Geoff@Bestop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
XV_
Jeeper
 
XV_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 246
im sure i would be missing alot more than my stereo if i leave it overnight

thanks man
__________________
-JEEP OR NOTHING-

2001 Steel Blue TJ- 2.5 -5 Speed
XV_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
[]D [] []V[] []D

WF Supporting Member
 
97sport09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier State
Posts: 695
Kenwood is the way to go man for car cd players, your gf has great taste! As for the install just make sure you buy the dash install kit for your jeep, and wiring harness for sure to make for an easy install. These things can be found at wal mart, best buy, etc. Removing the stock radio is easy once you get to it. Screws are hidden pretty well. Take out the long bar in the front by windshield where your vin # is located it snaps in so just pry it out. After that remove two phillips head screws that are revealed, also remove the 3rd phillips head screw which can be found by pulling out the ash trey. then u should be able to get to your stock stereo! Don't forget to undo the battery when working on it!
97sport09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
XV_
Jeeper
 
XV_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97sport09 View Post
Kenwood is the way to go man for car cd players, your gf has great taste! As for the install just make sure you buy the dash install kit for your jeep, and wiring harness for sure to make for an easy install. These things can be found at wal mart, best buy, etc. Removing the stock radio is easy once you get to it. Screws are hidden pretty well. Take out the long bar in the front by windshield where your vin # is located it snaps in so just pry it out. After that remove two phillips head screws that are revealed, also remove the 3rd phillips head screw which can be found by pulling out the ash trey. then u should be able to get to your stock stereo! Don't forget to undo the battery when working on it!
awesome man thanks for the info!... and yup shes a keeper, got me the install kit too!

Gots to get that pyramid subwoofer now for sure!
__________________
-JEEP OR NOTHING-

2001 Steel Blue TJ- 2.5 -5 Speed
XV_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
[]D [] []V[] []D

WF Supporting Member
 
97sport09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier State
Posts: 695
no problem man, ya subs are def. a necessity where you putting your sub at just curious...
97sport09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
XV_
Jeeper
 
XV_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97sport09 View Post
no problem man, ya subs are def. a necessity where you putting your sub at just curious...
right under the armrest, found a good read on it, check it out

How To Replace The Factory Subwoofer - JeepForum.com
__________________
-JEEP OR NOTHING-

2001 Steel Blue TJ- 2.5 -5 Speed
XV_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Martinez_Coins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 208
Dont forget the security screw on the very back. Its a PITA to get to, i ended up taking my glove box out and reaching through the opening to the back of the radio, a lot of sites say to remove the climate controls and reach up from under the radio but my hands were not small enough for that.
Martinez_Coins is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
[]D [] []V[] []D

WF Supporting Member
 
97sport09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoosier State
Posts: 695
ah icic, ya I don't have that on my 97 lol
97sport09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
XV_
Jeeper
 
XV_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinez_Coins View Post
Dont forget the security screw on the very back. Its a PITA to get to, i ended up taking my glove box out and reaching through the opening to the back of the radio, a lot of sites say to remove the climate controls and reach up from under the radio but my hands were not small enough for that.

thanks brother, im about to start on the install hope everything goes smoothly
__________________
-JEEP OR NOTHING-

2001 Steel Blue TJ- 2.5 -5 Speed
XV_ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Jma20a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fairfield, CT
Posts: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by XV_ View Post
awesome man thanks for the info!... and yup shes a keeper, got me the install kit too!

Gots to get that pyramid subwoofer now for sure!
pyramid subs suck, don't bother getting one.

__________________
Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X. She's never coming back and don't ask Y.
Jma20a is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laugh, cry, and love jeeps mswilder General Jeep Discussion 26 11-27-2010 11:14 AM
I love it when jcf Off-Topic 27 08-27-2010 11:58 PM
YJ Love MikeMTJ YJ General Discussion Forum 29 12-14-2009 09:06 PM
I just fell in love FREDO 4X4 YJ General Discussion Forum 4 10-12-2009 12:19 PM
Love my TJ, need SB discos harry61 TJ General Discussion Forum 4 06-15-2006 01:47 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC