Long Island NY - Page 21 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > NorthEast Regional Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #601
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZixxerTJX View Post
What part of the island you guys from? I'm on the North Shore myself, Rocky Point.
I'm in rocky point too. What does ur rig look like ill keep an eye out for u

Here's mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1905768543.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	722681



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3566139157.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	722689

Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #602
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Dpilo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bald Hill, Long Island
Posts: 197
If you're on Long Island and need a great jeep mechanic try planet automotive on rt 112 in Patchogue! These guys are great, inexpensive and know their stuff. I went to 3 different places for various things before them and got "ok" service but there was never any follow up. Example: what would it cost to get and install xxxxxxx fenders? Answer, "I'll get back to you".....that was 3 calls and 2 months ago. Planet, "we'll do it for $xxx total with the fenders, when do you want it done?" They even drove my son and I down the block when they were doing some small work on it so we didn't have to walk to get something to eat. Great service and inexpensive. You won't be sorry!

Dpilo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #603
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
Thanks ill keep it in mind so far I've done everything myself or with a friends help (like rebuilding my LSD). part of the fun of owning a jeep i think. When it comes to regearing I mite need someone if my friend can't help me out tho
Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2014, 04:29 AM   #604
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncnbear1 View Post
Thanks ill keep it in mind so far I've done everything myself or with a friends help (like rebuilding my LSD). part of the fun of owning a jeep i think. When it comes to regearing I mite need someone if my friend can't help me out tho
Evan's 4x4 is the best for any work, especially having your jeep regeared.
noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #605
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpilo22 View Post
If you're on Long Island and need a great jeep mechanic try planet automotive on rt 112 in Patchogue! These guys are great, inexpensive and know their stuff. I went to 3 different places for various things before them and got "ok" service but there was never any follow up. Example: what would it cost to get and install xxxxxxx fenders? Answer, "I'll get back to you".....that was 3 calls and 2 months ago. Planet, "we'll do it for $xxx total with the fenders, when do you want it done?" They even drove my son and I down the block when they were doing some small work on it so we didn't have to walk to get something to eat. Great service and inexpensive. You won't be sorry!
Did you go to planet auto or Goonies garage? Planet auto is the first 3 bays, the last 2 bays is Goonies garage. John used to be the head mechanic at planet now he rents out the last 2 bays specializing in jeeps and off-road vehicles. Bob at planet auto is a great guy and they are a good value. But now that John rents out those 2 bays at the end that's where all the jeep guys go. John does great work for an awesome price. He always does the right thing and will always find the most cost effective way to fix something. They also recently teamed up with Down N Dirty so they supply and install custom bumpers
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #606
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Dpilo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bald Hill, Long Island
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Bum View Post
Did you go to planet auto or Goonies garage? Planet auto is the first 3 bays, the last 2 bays is Goonies garage. John used to be the head mechanic at planet now he rents out the last 2 bays specializing in jeeps and off-road vehicles. Bob at planet auto is a great guy and they are a good value. But now that John rents out those 2 bays at the end that's where all the jeep guys go. John does great work for an awesome price. He always does the right thing and will always find the most cost effective way to fix something. They also recently teamed up with Down N Dirty so they supply and install custom bumpers
I've been working with Bob at planet. Service has been great! I will probably do goonies for my fenders and monstaliner paint job.
Dpilo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 AM   #607
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpilo22 View Post
I've been working with Bob at planet. Service has been great! I will probably do goonies for my fenders and monstaliner paint job.
Gotcha, bob is a good guy! My lime green YJ is always there. Most of the time I'm hanging out not getting work done lol
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #608
Jeeper
 
Darthjku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 45
Will be at Evan 4x4 this Friday, getting my Rancho sport kit installed.. Sounded like a great guy on the phine ...
Darthjku is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #609
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Dpilo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bald Hill, Long Island
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthjku View Post
Will be at Evan 4x4 this Friday, getting my Rancho sport kit installed.. Sounded like a great guy on the phine ...
Where is that?
Dpilo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #610
Jeeper
 
Darthjku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 45
Bayshore
Darthjku is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #611
Jeeper
 
mayer906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpilo22 View Post
If you're on Long Island and need a great jeep mechanic try planet automotive on rt 112 in Patchogue! These guys are great, inexpensive and know their stuff. I went to 3 different places for various things before them and got "ok" service but there was never any follow up. Example: what would it cost to get and install xxxxxxx fenders? Answer, "I'll get back to you".....that was 3 calls and 2 months ago. Planet, "we'll do it for $xxx total with the fenders, when do you want it done?" They even drove my son and I down the block when they were doing some small work on it so we didn't have to walk to get something to eat. Great service and inexpensive. You won't be sorry!
what's the place called I bought my jeep over there
mayer906 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #612
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayer906 View Post
what's the place called I bought my jeep over there
What's the shop name? Goonies Garage. It's in the planet automotive shop.

Where did you buy your jeep at Browns Jeep/Dodge?
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #613
Jeeper
 
mayer906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 142
Anyone on here from Oceanside area? And are there any meets coming up anytime soon ?
mayer906 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #614
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayer906 View Post
Anyone on here from Oceanside area? And are there any meets coming up anytime soon ?
NYC jeep club Long Island chapter meets every Wednesday 7pm @ Howard's Pub in Patchogue. Once it starts getting nicer out we have meets on smiths point and sore thumb
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 AM   #615
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
Where do you announce smith point n sore thumb meets?
Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #616
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncnbear1 View Post
Where do you announce smith point n sore thumb meets?
On the NYC jeep club Long Island chapter Facebook group

Sometimes on the NYC Jeep Club forum
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #617
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
Thanks. Maybe someone can throw it up on here too. I'm not on Facebook or NYC forum but am at smiths alot. Ill keep an eye out for groups of jeeps. I'm not far from patchogue either but hard to get anywhere during the week at night
Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #618
Jeeper
 
Beach-Bum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncnbear1 View Post
Thanks. Maybe someone can throw it up on here too. I'm not on Facebook or NYC forum but am at smiths alot. Ill keep an eye out for groups of jeeps. I'm not far from patchogue either but hard to get anywhere during the week at night

I'll do my best to post it up here. It tends to be pretty last minute
__________________
SIG IN THE WORKS

Beach-Bum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #619
Newb
 
Tianicole211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: North Fork
Posts: 1
New jeeper here - north fork, LI
Tianicole211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #620
Jeeper
 
rgnbull1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: long Island, NY
Posts: 154
Baiting Hollow here.
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ferrari Nart Blue Kevlar Paint
rgnbull1227 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #621
Jeeper
 
Darthjku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 45
FYI.. Evan 4x4 just installed my Rancho lift kit and did a custom bracket for my winch control box on the spot this past Friday.. Great Guy!!!! Awesome work.... Goes over all the details and extremely great pricing..
Darthjku is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 AM   #622
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthjku View Post
FYI.. Evan 4x4 just installed my Rancho lift kit and did a custom bracket for my winch control box on the spot this past Friday.. Great Guy!!!! Awesome work.... Goes over all the details and extremely great pricing..
Hes the best. He did great custom work for my jeep also. My freinds jeep came out amazing too.
noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #623
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Doing a rausch trip end of may if anyone is interested
noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #624
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
What date? I'd love to go but would have to c if I could get away
Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #625
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncnbear1 View Post
What date? I'd love to go but would have to c if I could get away
We will be wheeling sat may 31st
noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #626
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
Just talked to the wife and there's a good possibility I will b able to go. If nothing on this thread as it gets closer ill hopefully send you a pm about where ur meeting up n stuff. Been dying to check that place out
Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #627
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Its fun. Always nice people there from what I've seen. This will be my third time going.
noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #628
Jeeper
 
Dncnbear1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rocky point ny
Posts: 241
What town are u in?
Dncnbear1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2014, 05:16 AM   #629
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncnbear1 View Post
What town are u in?
Sorry I never saw this post lol. Im over in Nassau county.
noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #630
Jeeper
 
noctrnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 290
Anyone fishing tonight?

noctrnl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are long arms really worth it? AussieDave TJ General Discussion Forum 9 02-02-2008 01:05 PM
Installed a long arm and the ride is rough bgmiller TJ General Discussion Forum 16 07-12-2007 12:49 PM
Long arms vs. dropped short arms JeepnTX TJ Tech Forum 6 08-06-2006 11:47 AM
long arm lift kit mrbigjeep TJ General Discussion Forum 11 05-04-2006 12:20 AM
long arm lift (again) mrbigjeep TJ General Discussion Forum 1 05-02-2006 11:24 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC