Albuquerque NM and surrounding - Page 22 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Mexico Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #631
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
Got a little work done. Moved from rear tire to license plate and ran wire. Waiting for over head G.E.A.R. To come in and mount cb.
Looks good. Did you not like the rear tire mounting spot (was it the stock tire carrier and the rugged ridge mount or something similar)??

__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #632
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Looks good. Did you not like the rear tire mounting spot (was it the stock tire carrier and the rugged ridge mount or something similar)??
yes it was the rugged ridge spare tire mount... i liked that but found with a 4 foot stix it slammed against my rear window a few times and made me think i should move it..

the new one is from cool tech llc wasnt cheap but came with cable the mount and a new stix i am much happier with it.. my Smittybuild overhead G.E.A.R should be here the 18 and ill have my cb installed too.

Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #633
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kenb1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edgewood NM
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
Great day! Thank you everyone
It was a great day. Thanks so much Fred for the invite. Next time I hope nnot to be going on a busines road trip the day after so I can play more.
__________________
2007 Black JKU now known as the Black Mistress. 2.5 TF Coil Lift w/Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MB Chaos 5 Wheels, XRC MOD front Bumper, Smitybilt X2O Comp 8000 Winch, LOD Gen 4 Rear Bumper, s-Pod Swith system, Amp Research Retractable Side Steps, Polly performance Suspension Bolt upgrade Superchip Programer and more
kenb1023 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #634
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
yes it was the rugged ridge spare tire mount... i liked that but found with a 4 foot stix it slammed against my rear window a few times and made me think i should move it..

the new one is from cool tech llc wasnt cheap but came with cable the mount and a new stix i am much happier with it.. my Smittybuild overhead G.E.A.R should be here the 18 and ill have my cb installed too.
Great thanks, just ordered that mount. I like that solution a lot.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #635
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post

Great thanks, just ordered that mount. I like that solution a lot.
Which mount? The cool tech?

I added my own spring to it and had to modify the install cause of my rear view camera.

4/18 my overhead will be here ill do that install Sunday unless we are headed out to the trails.
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #636
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
Which mount? The cool tech?

I added my own spring to it and had to modify the install cause of my rear view camera.

4/18 my overhead will be here ill do that install Sunday unless we are headed out to the trails.
Yeah the cool tech.

I've got the bracket already on the way that places the CB next to the console.

And sPod on the way, too.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #637
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post

Yeah the cool tech.

I've got the bracket already on the way that places the CB next to the console.

And sPod on the way, too.
Nice!!

Hopefully my death wobble is dead!!!!!!
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #638
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post

Nice!!

Hopefully my death wobble is dead!!!!!!
I lied. That which is dead cant be killed!!!! Fml
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #639
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,748
Images: 11
I'll have to search but some one posted a YouTube vid that was 30min. of good info on death wobble. It mentioned replacing your rubber bushings on all of your suspension joints. I'll post it as soon as I have time to search for it.
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #640
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
I lied. That which is dead cant be killed!!!! Fml
There's some excellent info in this thread:
Write- Up Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #641
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,748
Images: 11




__________________
wat3rdog is offline  
Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #642
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Ya went thru it I've replaced all but my tie rod ends,, looks like that's all I cando
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #643
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rdog View Post




New track bar new bolts new upper and lower ball joints.

This is honestly dog chasing its tail. Jt_Ripper is offline  
Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #644
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,748
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post

New track bar new bolts new upper and lower ball joints.

This is honestly dog chasing its tail.
I think I should feel offended. Lol
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #645
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
One thing, if you haven't already done so, is to re-torque everything to spec with the Jeep on the ground. Many times when putting on new parts, people will torque it still on a jack or jack stand, but it needs to be on its own weight to be correct.

Just something to consider.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #646
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,879
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
one thing, if you haven't already done so, is to re-torque everything to spec with the jeep on the ground. Many times when putting on new parts, people will torque it still on a jack or jack stand, but it needs to be on its own weight to be correct.

Just something to consider.
x2
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #647
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rdog View Post
I think I should feel offended. Lol

Didnt mean to offend you.. LOL

everything was retourqed by the alignment shop.. he did some adjustments to help but i doubt that it will stop the DW til i replace the tierods, and im not going to drop 1000 on a currie atm..

spec sheet reads as this
Left front - camber - actual -0.33 before -.37
Left front Caster 2.98 no change
left front Toe - actual 0.0. before 0.67

Right Front camber Actual -0.76 before -0.75
Caster 2.79
Toe actual 0.05 before -0.36

pretty much greek to me.. so anyone see anything outta the blue let me know it would be much appreciated..

i will grab a torque wrench and go thru the bolts this weekend. but either way... tie rods are bad..

thank for all the advise too btw.
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #648
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,879
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
Didnt mean to offend you.. LOL

everything was retourqed by the alignment shop.. he did some adjustments to help but i doubt that it will stop the DW til i replace the tierods, and im not going to drop 1000 on a currie atm..

spec sheet reads as this
Left front - camber - actual -0.33 before -.37
Left front Caster 2.98 no change
left front Toe - actual 0.0. before 0.67

Right Front camber Actual -0.76 before -0.75
Caster 2.79
Toe actual 0.05 before -0.36

pretty much greek to me.. so anyone see anything outta the blue let me know it would be much appreciated..

i will grab a torque wrench and go thru the bolts this weekend. but either way... tie rods are bad..

thank for all the advise too btw.

the issue with the numbers is that they are static numbers. if you roll it off the machine, drive around the block and put it back on then that may tell you something. if its the same then you have no worn parts. if it changes then you have warn parts. the issue is we know that something is warn or loose so everytime you put it on the rack the numbers should change.

make sure that when you are torquing everything that you do the upper and lower control arm bolts and that you do both the front and rear (where they attach to the frame) of the bolts. most shops only check torque on the axle side.

__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #649
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Do those toe numbers mean it's toeing to the driver's side?

I'll admit I'm new to the JK world, but TJ's you absolutely want them to be toe-in. Not left/right or out.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #650
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,879
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
the issue with the numbers is that they are static numbers. if you roll it off the machine, drive around the block and put it back on then that may tell you something. if its the same then you have no worn parts. if it changes then you have warn parts. the issue is we know that something is warn or loose so everytime you put it on the rack the numbers should change.

make sure that when you are torquing everything that you do the upper and lower control arm bolts and that you do both the front and rear (where they attach to the frame) of the bolts. most shops only check torque on the axle side.

Read this thread on JK alignment Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

here are some spec quotes from it

"you will need to correct your caster angle and bring it back closer to a factory setting of +4.2°. More positive caster will help your Jeep to drive a lot straighter and reduce or eliminate these symptoms entirely but, you will run the risk of developing drive line vibrations."

"Ideally, you'll want to have approximately 1/16" of toe-in. You should not exceed 1/8" as anything more than that will be too much and that'll your tires to wear poorly."
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #651
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
Read this thread on JK alignment Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

here are some spec quotes from it

"you will need to correct your caster angle and bring it back closer to a factory setting of +4.2°. More positive caster will help your Jeep to drive a lot straighter and reduce or eliminate these symptoms entirely but, you will run the risk of developing drive line vibrations."

"Ideally, you'll want to have approximately 1/16" of toe-in. You should not exceed 1/8" as anything more than that will be too much and that'll your tires to wear poorly."
Awesome thanks for the info. At work today but will read during my lunch on the iPad. Going to order moogs tie rod ends today. I hope to have them installed before topless day.

Alignment is Greek too me. Tj or Jk or any other jeep. Lol. If it pulls its outta alignment lol that's my knowledge.

I'll start saving for a currie kit (1000$). But for now new ends will have to hold me over.

Thanks again everyone I will post results.
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #652
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,879
Images: 2
how about a Bolt upgrade kit while your at it, 85.00
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #653
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
how about a Bolt upgrade kit while your at it, 85.00
Got that, going in sunday
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #654
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Over head came in!
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #655
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Yeah the cool tech.

I've got the bracket already on the way that places the CB next to the console.

And sPod on the way, too.
sPod and Cool Tech bracket both here.

Stupid CB mount won't be here until Wednesday thanks to Quadratec's crappy shipping choice.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #656
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post

sPod and Cool Tech bracket both here.

Stupid CB mount won't be here until Wednesday thanks to Quadratec's crappy shipping choice.
Damn. At least you will be all ready To go on wed.

Someone mentioned a shop to have cb tuned etc and a braided wire from alt to frame?
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #657
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,879
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post

sPod and Cool Tech bracket both here.

Stupid CB mount won't be here until Wednesday thanks to Quadratec's crappy shipping choice.
Just an FYI you may not be able to do an overhead mount with an SPod. I did "Sincityjets" install last month and I had to do significant modification to make the mount work with the SPod. Now his is a JKU so it may be different. Let me know if you need help
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #658
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,879
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post

Damn. At least you will be all ready To go on wed.

Someone mentioned a shop to have cb tuned etc and a braided wire from alt to frame?
Mesa CB and I think they charge 25-30 to tune it. If TJspeed will bring his SWR meter to the next meet and greet we can tune them ourselves. The strap to the altinator is if you have "wine" or other engine noise. If you don't have it don't worry about it now.
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #659
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
Just an FYI you may not be able to do an overhead mount with an SPod. I did "Sincityjets" install last month and I had to do significant modification to make the mount work with the SPod. Now his is a JKU so it may be different. Let me know if you need help
The mount I got for the CB goes next to the console, I didn't want to try and figure out how to shoehorn all of that in the same spot
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #660
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post

Mesa CB and I think they charge 25-30 to tune it. If TJspeed will bring his SWR meter to the next meet and greet we can tune them ourselves. The strap to the altinator is if you have "wine" or other engine noise. If you don't have it don't worry about it now.
Ok cool I will post install after sundry. Looks like I'm doing my bolt switch alone. Any advise? Lift front end? Keep wheel on ground? Gonna do track bar only Sunday

Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



« jeep jamboree | Abq jeep meet and great first wed of every month »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Vendor Spotlight (Deals & More)
Quadratec
Jeep Parts - Jeep Wheels - Jeep Soft Tops
» Recent Threads

» Popular Tags
2013 2014 advice audio axle bestop build bumper camping clutch doors electrical engine exhaust fenders for sale gears hardtop hard top help advice install jeep jeep tj jeep wrangler jeep yj jku leak led lift lift advice lift kit lights manual mods mud newbie noise oem outdoorx4 parts quadratec radiator rims rubicon rust sahara shocks soft top speakers sport springs steering stereo stock subwoofer suspension suspension lift swap tire tires top transfer case transmission unlimited wheels wheels and tires winch wiring wrangler wrangler tj
» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC