Albuquerque NM and surrounding - Page 36 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Mexico Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #1051
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
And happy fathers day to all you fathers

and you ladies who are doing a dual role!



CHEERS!

Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1052
Jeeper
 
Eric G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk1811 View Post

I was debating look at this Jeep Wrangler but did not want to waste time driving to Los Lunas if I can't actually purchase it.
Before buying I would take it to a body shop that has a frame machine to ensure the frame is straight. If it is good then I would offer no more then $3500. Personally I would only buy a salvage title only if I plan to never sell it.

Eric G is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #1053
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Forgot to ask... i got the alt hum on my cb... someone mentioned a ground for the alt?

any links or info on that?

thanks!
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #1054
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,891
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
Forgot to ask... i got the alt hum on my cb... someone mentioned a ground for the alt?

any links or info on that?

thanks!
It's a ground loop problem. Try a ground strap from the alt to the frame. But first make sure your cb ground is 100% clean metal/metal and solid.
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #1055
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
It's a ground loop problem. Try a ground strap from the alt to the frame. But first make sure your cb ground is 100% clean metal/metal and solid.

ok ill double check that first.. some say run ground straight to battery... i may go that route..
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #1056
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
ok ill double check that first.. some say run ground straight to battery... i may go that route..
Did you run your power straight to your battery? Did you run a seperate ground wire from your antenna mount to the body/frame?

Did you have any excess coax you had to stuff somewhere? If so make sure it's not in a circular coil.
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #1057
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Ordered my front bumper today finally.

Some of you might remember, I picked up the Warn Zeon winch a while back and have been debating what bumper I wanted. I ended up choosing the LoD Offroad mid-width bumper. I like the design, and more importantly, they will customize it to fit the Zeon winch by moving the opening and mounting spots a tad for it.

So in about 2 weeks I should have the bumper here.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #1058
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,891
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Ordered my front bumper today finally.

Some of you might remember, I picked up the Warn Zeon winch a while back and have been debating what bumper I wanted. I ended up choosing the LoD Offroad mid-width bumper. I like the design, and more importantly, they will customize it to fit the Zeon winch by moving the opening and mounting spots a tad for it.

So in about 2 weeks I should have the bumper here.
Nice!
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #1059
Jeeper
 
Big-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Lunas
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Ordered my front bumper today finally.

Some of you might remember, I picked up the Warn Zeon winch a while back and have been debating what bumper I wanted. I ended up choosing the LoD Offroad mid-width bumper. I like the design, and more importantly, they will customize it to fit the Zeon winch by moving the opening and mounting spots a tad for it.

So in about 2 weeks I should have the bumper here.
That's Awesome!! Cant say enough about the guys at LoD, I had such a good experince dealing with them. Bumper are rock soild, very well built and best of all American made.
__________________





The First 40yrs of childhood are always the hardest.
Big-T is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #1060
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-T View Post
That's Awesome!! Cant say enough about the guys at LoD, I had such a good experince dealing with them. Bumper are rock soild, very well built and best of all American made.
I THINK I was eye-balling your jeep at Twin Peaks the other day, checking out the bumpers.
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #1061
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,788
Hey Fred! Some girl on here took this pic and here's what she said.

"I took it at Dick's Sports Goods in Middletown, NY. lol."

Attachment 262868
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #1062
Jeeper
 
Jt_Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post
Did you run your power straight to your battery? Did you run a seperate ground wire from your antenna mount to the body/frame?

Did you have any excess coax you had to stuff somewhere? If so make sure it's not in a circular coil.
power is direct to battery.. ground is to the same place i ground my KC lites..

extra coax is on top of the smitty built overhead in an S shape.
Jt_Ripper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #1063
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Darkfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abq
Posts: 1,891
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post
Hey Fred! Some girl on here took this pic and here's what she said.

"I took it at Dick's Sports Goods in Middletown, NY. lol."
Dam copy cats! That makes 3 I've now seen coping me.....
__________________
NewMexicoJeepGroup
"By Jeeper's for Jeeper's."

Build # 1 Matchbox Edition JKU Dozer Build

Build #2 11 Day JKU Magazine Build
Darkfire is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #1064
Jeeper
 
PHILDABEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Farmington N.M.
Posts: 855
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, or something like that right?
I guess that's what happens when your jeeps a superstar.
PHILDABEAST is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #1065
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,766
Images: 11
Well if it were John Deere green then there would be a bunch of deere jeeps. Maybe someone should make a rival by creating a John Deere Dozer.
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #1066
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt_Ripper View Post
power is direct to battery.. ground is to the same place i ground my KC lites..

extra coax is on top of the smitty built overhead in an S shape.

It might be worth a shot to move the ground to the Neg. battery terminal. Make sure the bracket that your antenna is mouted to has good contact with the body/frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
Dam copy cats! That makes 3 I've now seen coping me.....
Just having the same stickers is hardly copying, I wish I had people that wanted to be like me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rdog View Post
Well if it were John Deere green then there would be a bunch of deere jeeps. Maybe someone should make a rival by creating a John Deere Dozer.
So who's gonna repaint their Jeep John Deere Green? Then we will need an International Harvester as well...
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #1067
Jeeper
 
callbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cortez Colo
Posts: 636
There is a John Deere green/ yellow jeep with decals and all. I saw him a few weeks ago out in Puerco
callbob is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #1068
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by callbob View Post
There is a John Deere green/ yellow jeep with decals and all. I saw him a few weeks ago out in Puerco
Well I guess my idea wasn't all that original. I'm gonna build the first Jeep w/o one single sticker.
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #1069
Jeeper
 
oscarinoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post

Well I guess my idea wasn't all that original. I'm gonna build the first Jeep w/o one single sticker.
No stickers, I've seen it before hahaha I guess nothing really is original anymore. More than likely someone else has thought of it first.
oscarinoli is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1070
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,788
Anyone interested in going to watch the W.E. Rock Dirt Riot in Cortez CO on July 5th and 6th?

Dirt Riot Southwest Round 3 - W.E.ROCK aka World Extreme Rock Crawling | W.E.ROCK aka World Extreme Rock Crawling
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #1071
Jeeper
 
PHILDABEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Farmington N.M.
Posts: 855
I may have to go check it out. Cortez isn't very far from me.
PHILDABEAST is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #1072
Jeeper
 
oscarinoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post
Anyone interested in going to watch the W.E. Rock Dirt Riot in Cortez CO on July 5th and 6th?

Dirt Riot Southwest Round 3 - W.E.ROCK aka World Extreme Rock Crawling | W.E.ROCK aka World Extreme Rock Crawling
That would be awesome, it would be to early to request it off from work though. They don't want me to have a life outside of work. Sad day haha looks fun as hell though.
oscarinoli is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #1073
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,766
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73 View Post

Well I guess my idea wasn't all that original. I'm gonna build the first Jeep w/o one single sticker.
They call that idea debadging
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #1074
Jeeper
 
mckey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rdog View Post
They call that idea debadging
What did you call me?
__________________
“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.”

-Elvis Presley
mckey73 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #1075
Jeeper
 
Big-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Lunas
Posts: 283
My wife found these Pic's of my Black 93' YJ thought I would share... 1st time Jeeping in Colorado & top of Imogene pass 20yrs ago.
__________________





The First 40yrs of childhood are always the hardest.
Big-T is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #1076
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stranded in the Southwest
Posts: 37
http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/5348/photos/6782546#33

Disgusting what they did to this poor jeep.
kerplunk1811 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #1077
Jeeper
 
abqtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 261
Why in the HELL did they use different rim designs from side to side?! That's stupid (as is a lot of that "jeep")
__________________
nmoffroad
abqtj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #1078
Jeeper
 
TJspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-T View Post
My wife found these Pic's of my Black 93' YJ thought I would share... 1st time Jeeping in Colorado & top of Imogene pass 20yrs ago.
I went up in September and ran a few of the trails up there. Here's a picture in the same spot on Imogene.
__________________
2000 solar yellow 4.0 sport 3" BDS, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" Zone motor lift, JKS quicker disconnects, 33x10.5 BFG KM2 on black american racing wheels. D44 rear.

TJspeed is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #1079
wat3rdog elsewhere too

WF Supporting Member
 
wat3rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,766
Images: 11
Nice pics
__________________
wat3rdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #1080
Jeeper
 
Big-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Lunas
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJspeed View Post
I went up in September and ran a few of the trails up there. Here's a picture in the same spot on Imogene.
Nice shots, that's seems to be a common place to take a break and get a "Rocky Mtn. high", (from the altitude)at 13k ft. its not hard too. The San Juan's in CO, are just amazing. Imo its a must do trip on any Jeepers List.

__________________





The First 40yrs of childhood are always the hardest.
Big-T is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC