Dfw area jeepers speak out! - Page 14 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #391
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Won't slow me down. I'm cautious.
I am supposed to get it back from the shop on Friday. If I am still in, I will post up that evening.. ok?

DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #392
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

I am supposed to get it back from the shop on Friday. If I am still in, I will post up that evening.. ok?
10-4. If you need a Texas OHV sticker then ill bring you one

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #393
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
10-4. If you need a Texas OHV sticker then ill bring you one
I would.. what part of town are you located? I am near Love Field.
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #394
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

I would.. what part of town are you located? I am near Love Field.
I can just bring it with me if you go. I live out in Willow Park. My office is in Azle.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #395
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

I would.. what part of town are you located? I am near Love Field.
I can just bring it with me if you go. I live out in Willow Park. My office is in Azle. .
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #396
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Been on the jeep a month and just finally wired them tonight. Let there be light!
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #397
Jeeper
 
Fullsizemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
Just picked up my first Jeep and I would like to join you guys on some of these wheelin trips. I'm in Flower Mound btw.
Fullsizemike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #398
Jeeper
 
CRolandLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 316
Whats up guys. I'm newish here, just discovered the local threads though.


I had been looking into going to bridgeport and it looks like you guys have a lot of experience out there. Would it be worth my time and money to take a stock LJ and a close to stock CJ-5 up there and spend a day with my dad? Neither of us want to do anything thats gonna tear stuff up, mainly just climb some hills and see some stuff.
CRolandLJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #399
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,477
Tom, cant do this weekend.. but can next week or the 17th..

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #400
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
Tom, cant do this weekend.. but can next week or the 17th..

Dana
I will go next Saturday too

Still going tomorrow and plan on being there about 11 if anyone wants to join.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #401
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
I will go next Saturday too

Still going tomorrow and plan on being there about 11 if anyone wants to join.
Hey Tom,

You can't wait to tear it up again with your new mod's and all. A word to the wise: David was our "Leader" and knows some of the trails, but we still got into a bit of a mess last time, so cool your "Jet's" son and wait.

How many times have you been? Heck we had what, 10 "Jeeps" and you want to solo, "Really"?

Got to love your "Spirit", but never just show up by yourself!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #402
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRolandLJ View Post
Whats up guys. I'm newish here, just discovered the local threads though.


I had been looking into going to bridgeport and it looks like you guys have a lot of experience out there. Would it be worth my time and money to take a stock LJ and a close to stock CJ-5 up there and spend a day with my dad? Neither of us want to do anything thats gonna tear stuff up, mainly just climb some hills and see some stuff.
Hey C,

As far as experience David was our leader and did an "Awesome" Job keeping everyone in line, but the truth of the matter is we got on some level 4 trails and Tom trashed two front left tires (and wants to do it again?). Now he has a bunch of mod's and wants to give it another try!

Also No names (Dave), because he is still living it down with his wife. He hit a tree and trashed his front bumper, as well as scaring 3 of his 4 high dollar wheels (Brand new JKU with 300 miles on it).

At one time when we heard bad news about moving forward with no retreat and no way to turn around (2 way radios) I thought I would never see a highway to get back home as mentioned above.

Then one of our group snapped a u-joint while coming up no wench hill, well he did have to be wenched of course up the hill. If this sounds fun to you, you will fit right in...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #403
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRolandLJ
Whats up guys. I'm newish here, just discovered the local threads though.

I had been looking into going to bridgeport and it looks like you guys have a lot of experience out there. Would it be worth my time and money to take a stock LJ and a close to stock CJ-5 up there and spend a day with my dad? Neither of us want to do anything thats gonna tear stuff up, mainly just climb some hills and see some stuff.
I have been out there several times. The first time I was stock, alone, and had a blast. There are trails out there that would tear up a rock buggy but there are also lots of bunny hills. You will have a great time. I recommend it.

Pick up a map at the front and don't be afraid to turn around if you don't want to try something. There is lots to do for stock vehicles.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #404
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey Tom,

You can't wait to tear it up again with your new mod's and all. A word to the wise: David was our "Leader" and knows some of the trails, but we still got into a bit of a mess last time, so cool your "Jet's" son and wait.

How many times have you been? Heck we had what, 10 "Jeeps" and you want to solo, "Really"?

Got to love your "Spirit", but never just show up by yourself!

50 Something
Tom don't listen to 50something. Have fun man. You did a lot of cool stuff that last big trip but you were also hanging with some big boys. You can have fun out there every weekend without tearing anything up.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #405
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey C,

As far as experience David was our leader and did an "Awesome" Job keeping everyone in line, but the truth of the matter is we got on some level 4 trails and Tom trashed two front left tires (and wants to do it again?). Now he has a bunch of mod's and wants to give it another try!

Also No names (Dave), because he is still living it down with his wife. He hit a tree and trashed his front bumper, as well as scaring 3 of his 4 high dollar wheels (Brand new JKU with 300 miles on it).

At one time when we heard bad news about moving forward with no retreat and no way to turn around (2 way radios) I thought I would never see a highway to get back home as mentioned above.

Then one of our group snapped a u-joint while coming up no wench hill, well he did have to be wenched of course up the hill. If this sounds fun to you, you will fit right in...

50 Something
Man, 50something, I have seen wineries with less wine than you.

Everyone had a great time on that trip. There is lots to do without getting into the hard trails, but sometimes the hard ones just call your name.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #406
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
I'm just going to play on the one and twos and the mud since its rained twice recently
Besides, with out our fearless leader we shouldn't "accidentally" end up on a 4 . Besides, I'm just going out for some fun on the ones and twos and mud. Not looking for the hardcore crap without at least one other person lol. Besides 50's just jealous because his wife won't let him go
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #407
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
Man, 50something, I have seen wineries with less wine than you.

Everyone had a great time on that trip. There is lots to do without getting into the hard trails, but sometimes the hard ones just call your name.
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #408
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
Tom don't listen to 50something. Have fun man. You did a lot of cool stuff that last big trip but you were also hanging with some big boys. You can have fun out there every weekend without tearing anything up.
David,

Wake up? He roasted 2 tires, because you told him and helped him disco without checking the tie straps dude!

I never gave you anything but praise on that run, but now I have to say it like it is. "Don't run out there without "David" However be Carefull because he is not "Right in the Mind"!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #409
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
I'm just going to play on the one and twos and the mud since its rained twice recently
Besides, with out our fearless leader we shouldn't "accidentally" end up on a 4 . Besides, I'm just going out for some fun on the ones and twos and mud. Not looking for the hardcore crap without at least one other person lol. Besides 50's just jealous because his wife won't let him go
Well I know it. My 3rd ex would have loved it. Now that I think about it all 3 would have, but it's just me I guess all 3 would do it just because I asked! How do you "Live"?

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #410
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Lol. It'll be ok. Just going to play In the sandbox, not swinging from the monkey bars. Ill be ok . But if your so worried 50 then maybe you should show up at 11
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #411
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Well I know it. My 3rd ex would have loved it. Now that I think about it all 3 would have, but it's just me I guess all 3 would do it just because I asked! How do you "Live"?

50 Something
Single!
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #412
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Lol. It'll be ok. Just going to play In the sandbox, not swinging from the monkey bars. Ill be ok . But of your so worried 50 then maybe you should show up at 11
"Little Son" Your on! Tune in to channel 5.

50
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #413
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

"Little Son" Your on!

50
Ok 11am ill meet you past the gate . Incase you lost it 817-714-1677
I might even let you beat me
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #414
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Single!
Well, make "fun" but I have'nt dated in 13 years!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #415
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Ok 11am ill meet you past the gate . Incase you lost it 817-714-1677
I might even let you beat me
I never lost a # and I'm calling you now!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #416
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something View Post
I never lost a # and I'm calling you now!

50 Something

Well for all you "Fair Weather" punks, Tom told me to tell you F'U!

He said he could kick anyones A$$, so just show up!

He will be at the Azle Walmart @ 11:00 am. Come out and get some!

Tom will out perform anything at any time on any trail regarding Bridgeport!

How did I do Tom?

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #417
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Well for all you "Fair Weather" punks, Tom told me to tell you F'U!

He said he could kick anyones A$$, so just show up!

He will be at the Azle Walmart @ 11:00 am. Come out and get some!

Tom will out perform anything at any time on any trail regarding Bridgeport!

How did I do Tom?

50 Something
You got it all wrong. It was 10:30. And stop giving David crap. David's awesome!
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #418
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev

You got it all wrong. It was 10:30. And stop giving David crap. David's awesome!
. Lol
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #419
Jeeper
 
TXJK2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something View Post
Hey C,

As far as experience David was our leader and did an "Awesome" Job keeping everyone in line, but the truth of the matter is we got on some level 4 trails and Tom trashed two front left tires (and wants to do it again?). Now he has a bunch of mod's and wants to give it another try!

Also No names (Dave), because he is still living it down with his wife. He hit a tree and trashed his front bumper, as well as scaring 3 of his 4 high dollar wheels (Brand new JKU with 300 miles on it).

At one time when we heard bad news about moving forward with no retreat and no way to turn around (2 way radios) I thought I would never see a highway to get back home as mentioned above.

Then one of our group snapped a u-joint while coming up no wench hill, well he did have to be wenched of course up the hill. If this sounds fun to you, you will fit right in...

50 Something
I smashed bot my bumpers and bent my drivers side rubi rails up at the Big Paw Crawl in Clayton a couple weeks ago. I was told by our leader not to disclose to the others there what we did. That access trail made the level 3 trails at Bridgeport look like bunnyslopes!

Clayton is no joke!
__________________
Matt
TXJK2009 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #420
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJK2009

I smashed bot my bumpers and bent my drivers side rubi rails up at the Big Paw Crawl in Clayton a couple weeks ago. I was told by our leader not to disclose to the others there what we did. That access trail made the level 3 trails at Bridgeport look like bunnyslopes!

Clayton is no joke!
At Bridgeport you can run stock on 3 diamond and through part of 4. But it's still fun as hell!

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC