Dfw area jeepers speak out! - Page 23 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #661
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsizemike View Post
guns are dangerous, y'all be careful
Hey Big Mike,

I try all of the time to be careful...

All my Love to You and Yours this Hoiday,

Marty

__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #662
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Mike, come with us just for the fun if it. I need a new cc gun. Dana
Mike, Please?

I hate a wheel .357 snub and all plastic glocks. Let us "Reason Together" on such a matter?

50 Something

__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #663
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williard86 View Post
Well said!


50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #664
Jeeper
 
Williard86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something View Post


50 Something
Hmmm...Did I just comment on a statement with a subtext that only people closer to the DFW jeepers are privy to?
Williard86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #665
Jeeper
 
Fullsizemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williard86 View Post
Hmmm...Did I just comment on a statement with a subtext that only people closer to the DFW jeepers are privy to?


your fine, this is your latest episode of how the World...er Jeep turns thats all. I've only been out there 2 times so I am definitely a newb, but I've had a great time both times. Happy Turkey day to all!
Fullsizemike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #666
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williard86 View Post
Good point! I'm in the medical district near parkland hospital.
there is the full service place at the toll road and Forest Ln.. they wash by hand and the rinse is water dropping out of a long tube with holes in it.. wont get the underside, but I try to avoid car washes with brushes in the Jeep.
I take the other vehicles to Tommys on Forest Ln just west of Marsh, it does use brushes but doesnt scratch the paint and you can get a basic wash with a towel dry for $6

I go to a local coin op if I get a bunch of mud on mine, its in the hood.. not sure if you want to go there or not.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #667
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey Tom,

I haven't been to Alpine in 20 years or so! However I do have a couple of "Big Boy's" I haven't shot yet, so if you want to break them in let me know?

I love skeet shooting myself.

Handguns:

Sig P239: .380
Sig P938: 9MM Para.
Para USA .45 cal.
Taurus PT 92AF 9MM
Taurus PT 101 40 Cal.
Ruger 22/45 MKII

Long Barrel:

Colt LE M4 Carbine...Nuff Said!
Hi-Point .45 cal Carbine 4594
Hi-Point . 9MM Carbine 995
Mossy .308 w/ scope
Mossy 30.06 w/scope
Mossy .12 gauge 18" pistol grip
Marlin 30:30 checked stock

Any Questions?

50 Something
Not sure why you seemed offended. No one talked crap about anyone and David was spoken highly of. Cool off man.

Not a bad list. How do you like the hi-points? Never messed with them but been looking at another brand in 9mm.
I'm not posting my list lol. I've never posted a list because I've always been afraid the right person would see and half my collection would be be gone. One hand gun would be very difficult to replace and one shotgun would not be able to replace because no ones ever seen a single barrel in its brand and gauge. Jack O'conner couldn't even decide a value on it before he passed away. So ill send you a partial list if you like just for fun. Btw, how do you like the mossy 308? And what kind of scope you running? Love to shoot skeet so yea we'll figure out a day.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #668
Jeeper
 
Williard86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

there is the full service place at the toll road and Forest Ln.. they wash by hand and the rinse is water dropping out of a long tube with holes in it.. wont get the underside, but I try to avoid car washes with brushes in the Jeep.
I take the other vehicles to Tommys on Forest Ln just west of Marsh, it does use brushes but doesnt scratch the paint and you can get a basic wash with a towel dry for $6

I go to a local coin op if I get a bunch of mud on mine, its in the hood.. not sure if you want to go there or not.

Dana
I ended going to a place o Lemmon. The wash was okay but I needed a oil change and the wash was free. I've heard that if you pay for an upgraded wash they do a better job. Towel dried it, which is nice. I found a coin op on maple, sounds like the one you were describing.
Williard86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #669
Jeeper
 
RowJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas/OK Border
Posts: 90
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Get one of those little rotating sprinklers from Walmart and sit it under there for an hour. Works really well.
Get a back and forth sprinkler.... it's better
10 min on each side, just outside the tires and sweeping down underneath, remove all caked on mud.
Not new...... been used by the old timers for years!
__________________
98 TJ, 4.0L, 5 Sp., 4" lift w/ 1.25 BL, 4.56 locked gears, 33" Cooper STT's
02 QCLB Dodge Diesel; 602 HP/1266 ft-lbs
RowJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #670
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
I would do a skeet shoot. When and where.


Think about Bridgeport again on Saturday, anyone up for it?
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #671
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Or maybe Tolar...know Bridgeport is open though.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #672
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997 View Post
I would do a skeet shoot. When and where.


Think about Bridgeport again on Saturday, anyone up for it?
Gun Show for me..
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #673
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Don't need anymore of those...
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #674
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997
I would do a skeet shoot. When and where.

Think about Bridgeport again on Saturday, anyone up for it?
Just so y'all know hidden falls adventure park in marble falls TX has a skeet range as well as other shooting activities. If we're planning a trip out there.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #675
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Sweet!!

RV hook ups?
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #676
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Not sure why you seemed offended. No one talked crap about anyone and David was spoken highly of. Cool off man.

Not a bad list. How do you like the hi-points? Never messed with them but been looking at another brand in 9mm.
I'm not posting my list lol. I've never posted a list because I've always been afraid the right person would see and half my collection would be be gone. One hand gun would be very difficult to replace and one shotgun would not be able to replace because no ones ever seen a single barrel in its brand and gauge. Jack O'conner couldn't even decide a value on it before he passed away. So ill send you a partial list if you like just for fun. Btw, how do you like the mossy 308? And what kind of scope you running? Love to shoot skeet so yea we'll figure out a day.
Hey Tom,

I'm not offended whatsoever my friend. Just a reply to your post is all and I'm yanking your chain for Fun. I told you in person this stuff on line is just "FUN" and that's all it is!

As far as Hi - Point brand name, I just got 2 of them (Carbines), because they were under $600.00 for both. NutNFancy is an expert on this so here is his link, but I heard their handguns are JUNK!



You don't have to send me a list of anything, but if you do I'll follow you home one day and I will not take so much as a crumb from your table, unless you give me permission my friend!

That's just the Way I Roll!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #677
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997
Sweet!!

RV hook ups?
Check their website I elite e that they have some hook ups and some primitive.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #678
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
Just so y'all know hidden falls adventure park in marble falls TX has a skeet range as well as other shooting activities. If we're planning a trip out there.
Hey David,

Your our appointed leader, so when do we go?

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #679
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997 View Post
Sweet!!

RV hook ups?
Looks that way..

Home

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #680
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey David,

Your our appointed leader, so when do we go?

50 Something
I don't know how that happened, I vote for Dana to be the organizer of the trip. But if it is up to me I would say, the rest of this year is too crazy with holidays and work so a trip that would be overnight like hidden falls would have to wait until January or February at least. The problem is those are the coldest months in TX making camping less fun. So I would shoot for late March to early April for a weekend trip to hidden falls and say May is close to the latest I would plan for it.

What do y'all think?
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #681
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
I don't know how that happened, I vote for Dana to be the organizer of the trip. But if it is up to me I would say, the rest of this year is too crazy with holidays and work so a trip that would be overnight like hidden falls would have to wait until January or February at least. The problem is those are the coldest months in TX making camping less fun. So I would shoot for late March to early April for a weekend trip to hidden falls and say May is close to the latest I would plan for it.

What do y'all think?
I am ok with that.. I esp agree that the rest of this year is out.. too many other things going on for an overnighter.. I dont mind the cold so much, just get to wear more stuff around and enjoy a fire that much more.. but then again, I dont care for smelling like said smoke.
As a total newb, I may sign up for one of their off road classes or two. I have found that a little bit of education on the front end of learning something new is a lot better than trying to unlearn bad habits learned by not doing things right. Anyone else up for taking a class? Oh, and I pass on the fearless leader thing.
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #682
Jeeper
 
Williard86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

I am ok with that.. I esp agree that the rest of this year is out.. too many other things going on for an overnighter.. I dont mind the cold so much, just get to wear more stuff around and enjoy a fire that much more.. but then again, I dont care for smelling like said smoke.
As a total newb, I may sign up for one of their off road classes or two. I have found that a little bit of education on the front end of learning something new is a lot better than trying to unlearn bad habits learned by not doing things right. Anyone else up for taking a class? Oh, and I pass on the fearless leader thing.
Classes you say? What's the cost of something like that? I might be interested.
Williard86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #683
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Looks like lsjc. Is doing a turkey run at tolar on Saturday.

Looks like 20plus jeeps are signed up.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #684
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
If I can get it all back together think ill make a run at this too.

Talked to Marty and sounds like he would be down to go too.

Anyone else?
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #685
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey Tom,

I'm not offended whatsoever my friend. Just a reply to your post is all and I'm yanking your chain for Fun. I told you in person this stuff on line is just "FUN" and that's all it is!

As far as Hi - Point brand name, I just got 2 of them (Carbines), because they were under $600.00 for both. NutNFancy is an expert on this so here is his link, but I heard their handguns are JUNK!



You don't have to send me a list of anything, but if you do I'll follow you home one day and I will not take so much as a crumb from your table, unless you give me permission my friend!

That's just the Way I Roll!

50 Something
Sorry when I saw your post I had just woke up so I thought you were offended.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #686
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf

I don't know how that happened, I vote for Dana to be the organizer of the trip. But if it is up to me I would say, the rest of this year is too crazy with holidays and work so a trip that would be overnight like hidden falls would have to wait until January or February at least. The problem is those are the coldest months in TX making camping less fun. So I would shoot for late March to early April for a weekend trip to hidden falls and say May is close to the latest I would plan for it.

What do y'all think?
I'm with you. Late feb or early march would be good.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #687
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Sorry when I saw your post I had just woke up so I thought you were offended.
No Worries Mate!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #688
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997 View Post
If I can get it all back together think ill make a run at this too.

Talked to Marty and sounds like he would be down to go too.

Anyone else?
Well JD,

I know most folks think Tolar is a Joke, but others say not true:



50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #689
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Sweet

This one goes out to Tom my little friend:

Dfw area jeepers speak out!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #690
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Tolar

Just a couple of sissy trails @ Tolar:



Yeah! Right!

Can you spell "Red Neck"?

50 Something

__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



« Brownsville/SPI | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC