Dfw area jeepers speak out! - Page 24 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-23-2012, 03:36 AM   #691
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by williard86

classes you say? What's the cost of something like that? I might be interested.
$275

DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #692
Jeeper
 
Williard86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

$275
Seems kinda steep. Anybody taken one? I read the website but if I bring my gf it'll be almost $400.

Williard86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #693
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williard86

Seems kinda steep. Anybody taken one? I read the website but if I bring my gf it'll be almost $400.
Yes, but if it saves you from one stupid mistake, it'll pay for itself
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #694
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Well let Dana go the he can teach us for a beer a piece.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #695
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Well JD,

I know most folks think Tolar is a Joke, but others say not true:



50 Something
I got it together and getting oil changed now. So I'm good for tomorrow if you wanna find out 1st hand.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #696
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997 View Post
Well let Dana go the he can teach us for a beer a piece.
sounds like a fair deal.. not sure how much I will remember after all those beers though..

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #697
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Lessons 1st beer 2nd
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #698
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997
Lessons 1st beer 2nd
since I rarely drink and talk slow outcome will be the same
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #699
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
I'm going to Tolar in the morning anyone else?
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #700
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
No body missed much...riding around in the woods pretty much, I liken to driving out to a deer feeder. 2 wheel drive for 90% of it. Now I may have missed something some where. I did have my sway bar disconnected. I think it would be great for someone new to offload period, while I'm new to Jeeps I've road 4 wheelers all my life.

I Would recommend this for Fourwheelers! But boring in jeep. I did find a few spots on some brand new trails. That I did use 4 low.
1 that was coming out of a creek bed area and was nearly straight up. But 60% dirt.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #701
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Freakin bored as heck. Who's on?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #702
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev
Freakin bored as heck. Who's on?
2.5 secs. Missed them all
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #703
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997

2.5 secs. Missed them all
Lol
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #704
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
I guess I am not the dirty old man I thought I might be.. I got about half right..

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #705
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
I thought I might post up on some upgrades to the LJ I am doing..

headlights - after a LOT of time spent researching, I am going to update the headlights and get rid of the sealed beams, going with a separate headlight housing, with H4 bulbs (am finalizing which one in the next day or so, but am leaning towards the IPF Fatboy II's, being a fatboy, I love the fatboy.. ) upgraded wiring harness as well to handle the extra wattage.
I am going to get a CO2 setup.. last time to Bridgeport, David needed some air, well, I thought my cool compressor would do the trick.. it stopped before his tire was even full.. so just ordered that one. I am doing a small cosmetic update, but will wait to see if you guys can tell what it is.. there are a few more things in the works, but I hope to have all this done prior to a trip to Hidden Falls.. I would like to have the Jeep about 90% or more done prior to any training.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #706
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Sounds good
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #707
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
$275
Hey Dana,

Forget about the lessons, I want to know what you got at the Gun Show yesterday? Please, Please??

I'll show you mine if you show me yours... I had to replace my Sig P238 with the P938 while she is in jail and you know what I mean... LOL

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #708
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997 View Post
I'm going to Tolar in the morning anyone else?
Hey JD,

Sorry for not calling you back, but I've been out 3 times in the Brand New Rig and almost rolled the Black Bitch 2 times. I know you saved my a$$ the last time, but what if you had not been there?

25 years ago in my "83" CJ-7 for the low price of $6,500.00 and drunk off my butt I would have give you the run of your life. But at my age spending the cash I have on the "2012" JK there is no way I'm risking that!

All 3 times out I have seen guys & girls damage more regarding their Rigs than I care to do so myself. A man or woman must know their limits and I'm done until around late spring of 2013 for now.

Still not sure I like the Rock Thing? As far as Dirt, or Mud I'm in all day long...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #709
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey Dana,

Forget about the lessons, I want to know what you got at the Gun Show yesterday? Please, Please??

I'll show you mine if you show me yours... I had to replace my Sig P238 with the P938 while she is in jail and you know what I mean... LOL

50 Something
Marty,
I would prefer to not post it publicly. How bout I text it to ya?
Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #710
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Marty,
I would prefer to not post it publicly. How bout I text it to ya?
Dana
I understand completly, as it's amost like you using my 1st Name instead of my handle on this site... LOL!

No Worries Mate, shoot me a PM, or email as you know I can't text...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #711
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Update to the Update.. well, I thought I was going to go with the H4 bulb setup. But after I totalled it all up, for not much more I can get the Truck Lite LED setup. So I ordered it.. This is even better because it uses very little electricity, I will be all LED for the headlights, foglights and light bar. This frees up the amp for other things.
I did order a CO2 set up, cant wait to get it in, get it filled up and get the mount set up in the Jeep. Still have lockers and gears to get..



Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
I thought I might post up on some upgrades to the LJ I am doing..

headlights - after a LOT of time spent researching, I am going to update the headlights and get rid of the sealed beams, going with a separate headlight housing, with H4 bulbs (am finalizing which one in the next day or so, but am leaning towards the IPF Fatboy II's, being a fatboy, I love the fatboy.. ) upgraded wiring harness as well to handle the extra wattage.
I am going to get a CO2 setup.. last time to Bridgeport, David needed some air, well, I thought my cool compressor would do the trick.. it stopped before his tire was even full.. so just ordered that one. I am doing a small cosmetic update, but will wait to see if you guys can tell what it is.. there are a few more things in the works, but I hope to have all this done prior to a trip to Hidden Falls.. I would like to have the Jeep about 90% or more done prior to any training.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #712
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Poison Spyder

Guys, I am thinking of getting one of these for the Jeep.. what do you think? honest answers only..

Jeep TJ LJ Exterior Upgrades | TJ LJ Hood Louver | Poison Spyder Customs

it would be really good in the summer to get the heat out. dont know about you but I can barely touch my hood in the summer.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #713
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
Guys, I am thinking of getting one of these for the Jeep.. what do you think? honest answers only..

Jeep TJ LJ Exterior Upgrades | TJ LJ Hood Louver | Poison Spyder Customs

it would be really good in the summer to get the heat out. dont know about you but I can barely touch my hood in the summer.

Dana
I think they look tough on certain jeeps. The benefit is simple, if you idling or slow crawling on a Hot TX day it will help, however I don't think the average jeeper will have that big a problem with that. I have been on the trail with those who had over heating problems but it was always (except once, low fluid) due to a mud clogged radiator from splashing through mud holes to fast.

But I have to admit on a white jeep with black accents a black louver would look pretty tough, and living in TX might make the best argument for owning something like that.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #714
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Guys, I am thinking of getting one of these for the Jeep.. what do you think? honest answers only..

Jeep TJ LJ Exterior Upgrades | TJ LJ Hood Louver | Poison Spyder Customs

it would be really good in the summer to get the heat out. dont know about you but I can barely touch my hood in the summer.

Dana
I for 1 think it's Bad to the Bone!

I would have to get it in silver though then sand blast it for an extra cool factor...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #715
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Marty,
I would prefer to not post it publicly. How bout I text it to ya?
Dana
Very Nice Indeed my friend!

Thanks for the link,

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #716
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Update to the Update.. well, I thought I was going to go with the H4 bulb setup. But after I totalled it all up, for not much more I can get the Truck Lite LED setup. So I ordered it.. This is even better because it uses very little electricity, I will be all LED for the headlights, foglights and light bar. This frees up the amp for other things.
I did order a CO2 set up, cant wait to get it in, get it filled up and get the mount set up in the Jeep. Still have lockers and gears to get..

You are starting to scare me Son...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #717
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Hey JD,

Sorry for not calling you back, but I've been out 3 times in the Brand New Rig and almost rolled the Black Bitch 2 times. I know you saved my a$$ the last time, but what if you had not been there?

25 years ago in my "83" CJ-7 for the low price of $6,500.00 and drunk off my butt I would have give you the run of your life. But at my age spending the cash I have on the "2012" JK there is no way I'm risking that!

All 3 times out I have seen guys & girls damage more regarding their Rigs than I care to do so myself. A man or woman must know their limits and I'm done until around late spring of 2013 for now.

Still not sure I like the Rock Thing? As far as Dirt, or Mud I'm in all day long...

50 Something
You prolly would have liked Tolar.

I did 90% in 2 wheel drive.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #718
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
I think they look tough on certain jeeps. The benefit is simple, if you idling or slow crawling on a Hot TX day it will help, however I don't think the average jeeper will have that big a problem with that. I have been on the trail with those who had over heating problems but it was always (except once, low fluid) due to a mud clogged radiator from splashing through mud holes to fast.

But I have to admit on a white jeep with black accents a black louver would look pretty tough, and living in TX might make the best argument for owning something like that.
I do have to admit its more for cosmetics than functionality. However, if you can get some functionality out of a cosmetic mod, then even better.. with my Silver Jeep, I am thinking of staying with the flat black paint or powdercoat. Maybe even bedliner on it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #719
Jeeper
 
Fullsizemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
Dana, I like it. I wouldn't want to over do it with stuff like that, but that would look good.
Fullsizemike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #720
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
Guys, I am thinking of getting one of these for the Jeep.. what do you think? honest answers only..

Jeep TJ LJ Exterior Upgrades | TJ LJ Hood Louver | Poison Spyder Customs

it would be really good in the summer to get the heat out. dont know about you but I can barely touch my hood in the summer.

Dana
I've looked at one for myself. On the fence. I like it but it's a non crucial accessory that can wait for me.

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



« Brownsville/SPI | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC