DFW Area Jeepers speak out! - Page 25 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #721
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

You are starting to scare me Son...

50 Something
He's got upgrade fever

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #722
Jeeper
 
Williard86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
I want get some of those chrome stick on vents that i see every where...figure theyre worth at least 20 hp.

Williard86 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #723
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williard86
I want get some of those chrome stick on vents that i see every where...figure theyre worth at least 20 hp.
Nope 30. Plus another 10 with a "R" sticker.
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #724
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

Nope 30. Plus another 10 with a "R" sticker.
Actually if you add the ones that go near the rear wheel well then you actually gain 30.17bhp but you negate it all by making your rolling brick even less aerodynamic. But if you get the bullet hole stickers and place them on the hood and on the tailgate, you will actually trick the laws of physics and aerodynamic in to subtracting .0000173 seconds from your 0-60 time but unfortunately the weight of the stickers add .0913 seconds. It's all a lose lose
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #725
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Actually if you add the ones that go near the rear wheel well then you actually gain 30.17bhp but you negate it all by making your rolling brick even less aerodynamic. But if you get the bullet hole stickers and place them on the hood and on the tailgate, you will actually trick the laws of physics and aerodynamic in to subtracting .0000173 seconds from your 0-60 time but unfortunately the weight of the stickers add .0913 seconds. It's all a lose lose


that is greatness.. made my day

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #726
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
Just a thought

We have a few diehards on the board, plus, I am sure, a few lurkers.

Well, we need to have some get togethers on occasion, and they dont have to be at Bridgeport or Tolar or Hidden Valley. What I have in mind is that we have the occasional Wrenchin' Saturday. This way we can all help somebody get a wrench turned along with tellin' some tales and having a beverage or two.

Thoughts?

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #727
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
We have a few diehards on the board, plus, I am sure, a few lurkers.

Well, we need to have some get togethers on occasion, and they dont have to be at Bridgeport or Tolar or Hidden Valley. What I have in mind is that we have the occasional Wrenchin' Saturday. This way we can all help somebody get a wrench turned along with tellin' some tales and having a beverage or two.

Thoughts?

Dana
I have a couple of wrenchs.

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #728
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
We have a few diehards on the board, plus, I am sure, a few lurkers.

Well, we need to have some get togethers on occasion, and they dont have to be at Bridgeport or Tolar or Hidden Valley. What I have in mind is that we have the occasional Wrenchin' Saturday. This way we can all help somebody get a wrench turned along with tellin' some tales and having a beverage or two.

Thoughts?

Dana
Sounds cool to me.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #729
Jeeper
 
TXJK2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 239
I'm glad the "board" has grown a following.

We've discussed M&G's in the past but nothing has surfaced yet. I meet monthly with TexasJK. Maybe we can start something similar. I'm not sure where everyone is, but a centralized location would probably be Arlington.

I rarely get on this forum these days. I deleted the app from my phone because it started to annoy the crap out of me with the way it would send push alerts and the dynamics of the postings. My patience is low for confusion! If y'all get something together, send me a PM so I'll get an email notification.

Thanks from the guy that started this mess.
__________________
Matt
TXJK2009 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #730
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
We have a few diehards on the board, plus, I am sure, a few lurkers.

Well, we need to have some get togethers on occasion, and they dont have to be at Bridgeport or Tolar or Hidden Valley. What I have in mind is that we have the occasional Wrenchin' Saturday. This way we can all help somebody get a wrench turned along with tellin' some tales and having a beverage or two.

Thoughts?

Dana
I volunteer 50's house
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #731
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJK2009
I'm glad the "board" has grown a following.

We've discussed M&G's in the past but nothing has surfaced yet. I meet monthly with TexasJK. Maybe we can start something similar. I'm not sure where everyone is, but a centralized location would probably be Arlington.

I rarely get on this forum these days. I deleted the app from my phone because it started to annoy the crap out of me with the way it would send push alerts and the dynamics of the postings. My patience is low for confusion! If y'all get something together, send me a PM so I'll get an email notification.

Thanks from the guy that started this mess.
Lol for some reason I can't get mine to push. They also need to fix the app to fit the whole screen on the iPhone 5 :/
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #732
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
I volunteer 50's house
I have no problem with that, as long as you don't mind being in a rednecks house and don't mind the NRHPD watching your every move...

They don't play over here!

However check this, as I have an idea and no cracks out of the peanut gallery!

Tom, I know you use Christian Brothers to repair should I say Jeep lessons learned. Why don't you get with those boys and see if we might use their shop on Sundays since they are closed, which you and I found out a few weeks back.

Our trade off would be advertisment. We all put a special sticker on our rigs that state our group supports their 63 shops and it's a win, win situation for both parties. However since they are a franchise business I do not know the limits to their control over the shops.

I think since Tom knows them well over off 199 & 820 he could check it out. No risk, No Gain Tommy Boy!

What say you "our group"?

Hell ya can't be a group until you get some support from local business.

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #733
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
Marty, not a bad idea but I am guessing that their insurance carrier wouldnt like it if a bunch of Jeep Peeps were in there and got hurt.

I like the idea of going to someones house and being respectful but bring along some wrenches, some jack stands, etc and we wrench on a couple of Jeeps without leaving a bunch of oil stains in their driveway or garage.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #734
Jeeper
 
CRolandLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 318
Hey guys - this seems like a good deal. I cant justify the expense of a winch since i don't ever do stuff that is bad enough to get stuck... yet. But if you're looking for one...

8000 lb warn winch
CRolandLJ is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #735
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Marty, not a bad idea but I am guessing that their insurance carrier wouldnt like it if a bunch of Jeep Peeps were in there and got hurt.

I like the idea of going to someones house and being respectful but bring along some wrenches, some jack stands, etc and we wrench on a couple of Jeeps without leaving a bunch of oil stains in their driveway or garage.

Dana
Hey Dana,

I did think about that, but I was just throwing out a great idea and wanted someone to run with it.

I knew someone like Christian Bro's couldn't do it, but take for instance David's buddy that rolled his rig last time. He owns his own tire shop and I don't mean auto tires, but the really big kind.

See what I mean?

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #736
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
Marty, I do and that might work.. I was just thinking a big operation probably wont go that way, unfortunately, the lawyers have us all by the cojones.

Dana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something View Post
Hey Dana,

I did think about that, but I was just throwing out a great idea and wanted someone to run with it.

I knew someone like Christian Bro's couldn't do it, but take for instance David's buddy that rolled his rig last time. He owns his own tire shop and I don't mean auto tires, but the really big kind.

See what I mean?

50 Something
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #737
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
Well, I am going to put the new headlights in this weekend. Plus I bought some clears for the front to replace the orange turn signal lights. I got them off of fleabay, so we shall see how they fit. Will put the silver bulbs that turn orange in there for a bit of a cleaner look. My UFOs came in and may tackle that little chore too. Just some small stuff for fun.
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #738
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

I have no problem with that, as long as you don't mind being in a rednecks house and don't mind the NRHPD watching your every move...

They don't play over here!

However check this, as I have an idea and no cracks out of the peanut gallery!

Tom, I know you use Christian Brothers to repair should I say Jeep lessons learned. Why don't you get with those boys and see if we might use their shop on Sundays since they are closed, which you and I found out a few weeks back.

Our trade off would be advertisment. We all put a special sticker on our rigs that state our group supports their 63 shops and it's a win, win situation for both parties. However since they are a franchise business I do not know the limits to their control over the shops.

I think since Tom knows them well over off 199 & 820 he could check it out. No risk, No Gain Tommy Boy!

What say you "our group"?

Hell ya can't be a group until you get some support from local business.

50 Something
The reason they wouldn't would be because of the insurance issue behind it.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #739
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Hey guys. Allen, the guy who rolled his rig last time, does have a big shop and it has a lift. I have used it several times.

I can check with him about us all meeting there but I can say fairly confidently that he would be fine with the idea of us all coming over on a Saturday. It may have to be after noon because I think they are open for business until then.

The problem is that it is way out of the way for many of you, and certainly would not be a central location. But if a lift, air tools, torches, and a small welder would make it worth it then I can check with him.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #740
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf
Hey guys. Allen, the guy who rolled his rig last time, does have a big shop and it has a lift. I have used it several times.

I can check with him about us all meeting there but I can say fairly confidently that he would be fine with the idea of us all coming over on a Saturday. It may have to be after noon because I think they are open for business until then.

The problem is that it is way out of the way for many of you, and certainly would not be a central location. But if a lift, air tools, torches, and a small welder would make it worth it then I can check with him.
I have all of that but the lift so I would be very interested! I have two welders, one is a tigg and I have air tools I just don't have a lift. When I buy a new house next year I'm building a shop in the back and I will have a hydraulic lift! My brother wants to start making jeep parts. He just needs jeeps jeeps for measurements. He has a great setup for a metal fastback top for the four door. We're going to work on it this winter or summer. I'm so excited!
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #741
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Wow everyone's so quiet. Anyone home?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #742
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Wow everyone's so quiet. Anyone home?
"The Lights are on, but Nobody is Home"

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #743
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
The reason they wouldn't would be because of the insurance issue behind it.
Dah? Pulling your chain again!!!

50";
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #744
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,579
I just logged on. Had to stay late at the office due to a furniture delivery. Gonna add those clear corners, Truck lite headlights and UFOs hopefully tomorrow. Along with getting a haircut, returning some stuff to Pepboys and a trip to Harbor Freight. Whew.
DBoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #745
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
I have all of that but the lift so I would be very interested! I have two welders, one is a tigg and I have air tools I just don't have a lift. When I buy a new house next year I'm building a shop in the back and I will have a hydraulic lift! My brother wants to start making jeep parts. He just needs jeeps jeeps for measurements. He has a great setup for a metal fastback top for the four door. We're going to work on it this winter or summer. I'm so excited!
Well if you have all that, why did you want to come to the "Redneck Den"?

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #746
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
Hey guys. Allen, the guy who rolled his rig last time, does have a big shop and it has a lift. I have used it several times.

I can check with him about us all meeting there but I can say fairly confidently that he would be fine with the idea of us all coming over on a Saturday. It may have to be after noon because I think they are open for business until then.

The problem is that it is way out of the way for many of you, and certainly would not be a central location. But if a lift, air tools, torches, and a small welder would make it worth it then I can check with him.
Hey David,

I knew his name, but didn't know if he would like it posted, so that's why I called him "David's Buddy" LOL.

With that said, I think if Allen would be that kind to all of us, who in the heck cares about going out of the way? If anyone thinks that way, they can go pound sand. (IMHO!)

Sorry, but that's the way I feel,

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #747
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Jeep Wallpaper

Click image for larger version

Name:	004 sepia the stuff resized.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	183314

50 Something

This shot is my wallpaper at this time!

I have the full size file if anyone would like it
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #748
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
I just logged on. Had to stay late at the office due to a furniture delivery. Gonna add those clear corners, Truck lite headlights and UFOs hopefully tomorrow. Along with getting a haircut, returning some stuff to Pepboys and a trip to Harbor Freight. Whew.
And?...''

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #749
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Well if you have all that, why did you want to come to the "Redneck Den"?

50 Something
Dont know how to work on cars. Just the basics.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #750
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Dont know how to work on cars. Just the basics.
Good thing you have a "Jeep" and buddy's like us then...



50 Something

__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC