Dfw area jeepers speak out! - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #91
Jeeper
 
kramnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something
Looking at Bridgeports rules and Texas State Laws. We all need the Tag issued by Texas Parks and Wildlife. Only issue is you can't buy them at the park, or any Texas Parks and Wildlife offices?

50 Something
I went to grapevine to get mine, but found out many cycle places sell them not listed. It bites, but a small price to pay for the fun. I believe Marble falls and Gilmore require them too.
Glad you bought it up so everyone wanting to go has time to get it.

__________________
2012 Crush JK Sport (The Crusher)

O|||||||O
kramnation is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #92
Jeeper
 
JKRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Rookie question: are there "requirements" for obtaining the park and wildlife sticker?

JKRookie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #93
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRookie View Post
Rookie question: are there "requirements" for obtaining the park and wildlife sticker?
$16.00

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #94
Jeeper
 
JKRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

$16.00

50 Something
Oh good lol just making sure I didn't need to have a certain ground clearance or anything weird technical like that..hope I can make it - I'm a total rookie when it comes to trails, never been so once your done towing the other guy I might need some help haha but im a really fast learner and take direction really well, hopefully I can learn from the pros (I really don't think I'll be that bad)
JKRookie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #95
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnation View Post
I went to grapevine to get mine, but found out many cycle places sell them not listed. It bites, but a small price to pay for the fun. I believe Marble falls and Gilmore require them too.
Glad you bought it up so everyone wanting to go has time to get it.
Bites yes, but I don't want to mess with a "Game Warden"! Those cats are bad! They can go anywhere, anytime, for any reason. No warrant required!

Just didn't want to see anyone get left out.

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #96
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRookie View Post
Oh good lol just making sure I didn't need to have a certain ground clearance or anything weird technical like that..hope I can make it - I'm a total rookie when it comes to trails, never been so once your done towing the other guy I might need some help haha but im a really fast learner and take direction really well, hopefully I can learn from the pros (I really don't think I'll be that bad)
No, but certain Parks do have level rules and to run higher levels of difficulty require certain lifts and such.

Man I'm not new to wheeling, but 25 years ago it was much more easy. Just get in, buckle up and ride. Now it's all new, so I try to learn as much as needed to "Obey the Laws"! So I guess I'm a Newbie Too, these days.

Heck back then I remember going into Dallas in my "83" CJ-7 doing around 65 mph and seen a rain storm coming in from the East, so I just hit the grass bar ditch in the middle of Hwy 114 slammed on the brakes, did a U-Turn and went back West. Well that was back when you could drink a cold beer and drive. Dallas PD pulled me and just told me I could not cross a median, but didn't say a word about me having a beer between my legs. Ah, the "Good Ol' Days", before MADD!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #97
Jeeper
 
JKRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,376
Haha nice..me and some girlfriends were all dressed up coming from dinner one night and we missed an exit by where all that construction is at 121/635/114/DFW airport (what a mess) so I offroaded that sh!t and got to where I needed to be and we were joking about getting pulled over in a now muddy jeep all dolled up - "is there a problem officer? Sometimes a girls just gotta mud!" haha
JKRookie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #98
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRookie View Post
Haha nice..me and some girlfriends were all dressed up coming from dinner one night and we missed an exit by where all that construction is at 121/635/114/DFW airport (what a mess) so I offroaded that sh!t and got to where I needed to be and we were joking about getting pulled over in a now muddy jeep all dolled up - "is there a problem officer? Sometimes a girls just gotta mud!" haha
Well I heard that. I'm just too old and such to mess with the Law these days. I'm on record with the "FBI" for good reasons, so I can't mess with the locals at this time. Nothing Bad of course, I just can't afford to piss off the "FBI", because they are my friend! Nuff Said, except I want to get with the ATF next... LOL, but for real!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something
Looking at Bridgeports rules and Texas State Laws. We all need the Tag issued by Texas Parks and Wildlife. Only issue is you can't buy them at the park, or any Texas Parks and Wildlife offices?

50 Something
Problem is they are getting rid of the ohv sticker program in Texas so I am o the fence about this. It's like $16 so not a big deal and there is a place down the road that sells them but it's sad really that you have to buy something they are getting rid of :/
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #100
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Problem is they are getting rid of the ohv sticker program in Texas so I am o the fence about this. It's like $16 so not a big deal and there is a place down the road that sells them but it's sad really that you have to buy something they are getting rid of :/
Really? I'm just now looking at the Laws, so please send me a link to the discontinued Law regarding this matter?

Thank you,

Marty
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #101
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Really? I'm just now looking at the Laws, so please send me a link to the discontinued Law regarding this matter?

Thank you,

Marty
I should have stated that differently. When I asked the guy that owns the Tolar Tails park, he told me that they do not require it because the state is discontinuing after this year. That was two months ago. It's possible that has changed since they are showing 2013 tags on the official site. I do plan to still buy one before going out to Bridgeport regardless because I do not car to chance a ticket over a $16 sticker.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #102
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alvarado, TX
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
Northwest OHV Park, Bridgeport TX. September 22, 2012

We have a group going to Bridgeport on the 22 of September.

Those leaving from the south west side of the metroplex can meet at 7:00 AM at 7900 E FM 917, Alvarado, TX 76009. (it is a church parking lot). We will convoy to Bridgeport from there.

The plan is to arrive at Northwest OHV Park between 8:00-8:30 am. We will wheel through the morning and eat lunch at the pavilion. Then head out for more wheeling. Pack whatever you want for lunch and drinks.

All are invited to join us. You may respond here on the forum and we will wait near the gate house for you. If you want to come a little later send me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number so you can meet up with us when you get there.

It will be a great time for all. Bridgeport has trails for beginners and experienced wheelers alike. We will probably hit a mixture of them all but you won't be left out. At least one of our group is a first timer with a stock Jeep. Most of the trails are short enough or have bypasses so that you will be able to stay with the group and will not have to hit anything you are uncomfortable with.

Hope to see you all there.
Which Church on 917?
dmarkham is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #103
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
I should have stated that differently. When I asked the guy that owns the Tolar Tails park, he told me that they do not require it because the state is discontinuing after this year. That was two months ago. It's possible that has changed since they are showing 2013 tags on the official site. I do plan to still buy one before going out to Bridgeport regardless because I do not car to chance a ticket over a $16 sticker.
Well if the guy you talked to owns Tolar Trails Park, then it's not required anyway since it's only state parks, which the state has athority over would be required.

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #104
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarkham

Which Church on 917?
It is the little church in the death corner where renfro splits off 917. Happy Hill Baptist Church.

Hope to see you there.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #105
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something
One last thought and I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade, but when Matt and I tried to get together I didn't do enough research and Napoi's was closed on Sunday and I was just there 2 weeks before that on a Sunday. I felt so freaking dumb. So I'm just doing a little damage control on this one.

Bridgeport only lets you know by the the Thursday before if they will be open that weekend due to weather and such. Please make sure to check before driving all the way there and finding out they are closed.

Thanks,

50 Something

I plan to check the website on Thursday and make sure it is open. I will post here if a change of plans is needed.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #106
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

Well if the guy you talked to owns Tolar Trails Park, then it's not required anyway since it's only state parks, which the state has athority over would be required.

50 Something
That is true. It is only required if the park receives state money for development. I purchased my 2013 sticker this morning on the way to work.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #107
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
I plan to check the website on Thursday and make sure it is open. I will post here if a change of plans is needed.
Yepper, I like the way you think! As a matter of fact I just checked to see about this weekend and they are true to their word. It's open this weekend.

Thanks,

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #108
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Thanks for letting us know about the stickers that you need. And thanks for posted where I can buy one.
Daywork is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #109
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Question for ya. I just got new wheels and tires but I didn't by the spare yet. Will I be allowed to go if my spare isn't the same size as the 4 tires on jeep?

I plan on getting the spare done next week.
Daywork is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #110
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
Question for ya. I just got new wheels and tires but I didn't by the spare yet. Will I be allowed to go if my spare isn't the same size as the 4 tires on jeep?

I plan on getting the spare done next week.
I don't see why not. As a matter of fact I can't see why you would have to have any spare, but would not advise it. There are Jeep clubs that make a DO and DO NOT list, but I don't think this is the case here.

Stuff I do carry. First Aid Kit, Flashlight, Hatchet, Rain Gear, Emergency Water Purifier, work gloves, 4 way lug wrench and an extra hat. Haven't got my recovery strap yet, but I shall.

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #111
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Well thank you 50 Something.
Daywork is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #112
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywork
Question for ya. I just got new wheels and tires but I didn't by the spare yet. Will I be allowed to go if my spare isn't the same size as the 4 tires on jeep?

I plan on getting the spare done next week.
That is definitely fine. As a matter of fact I still have a stock spare because I am waiting on a new wheel cheap. Feel free to come as you are. Bring anything you might think you need for comfort and anything you have, but we are all willing to share anything we have.

The only thing that is good to have but you might not think of, if you have any two way radios bring them. We don't have CB's but those cheap hand held 22 channel radios work well. I have a couple I will bring and if you have some bring them so we can communicate between vehicles. There will be spares if you don't have any.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #113
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
That is definitely fine. As a matter of fact I still have a stock spare because I am waiting on a new wheel cheap. Feel free to come as you are. Bring anything you might think you need for comfort and anything you have, but we are all willing to share anything we have.

The only thing that is good to have but you might not think of, if you have any two way radios bring them. We don't have CB's but those cheap hand held 22 channel radios work well. I have a couple I will bring and if you have some bring them so we can communicate between vehicles. There will be spares if you don't have any.
I'll see about picking up some radios.

Looking forward to going
Daywork is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #114
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 113
Well today sucks 9/16. I didn't want to see it raining this morning. Wanted to take the top off and take the dogs for a ride.

Plus I wanted to climb the hill on 360 in mansfield
Daywork is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #115
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
I'll see about picking up some radios.

Looking forward to going
I called Academy and they had 8 sets, so I held 3 sets to buy tomorrow, which is 6 radio's and that's only $90.00. That way everyone has a 2-Way...


Academy - Midland LXT-118 22-Mile GMRS 2-Way Radios 2-Pack


I hope everyone likes camo...?

Picked them up 9/15/2012 and they are neat!

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #116
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something View Post
I called Academy and they had 8 sets, so I held 3 sets to buy tomorrow, which is 6 radio's and that's only $90.00. That way everyone has a 2-Way...


Academy - Midland LXT-118 22-Mile GMRS 2-Way Radios 2-Pack


I hope everyone likes camo...?

Picked them up 9/15/2012 and they are neat!

50 Something
For those that say pic's or it didn't happen here ya go with a real bad shot of the tailgate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001 resized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	160672

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #117
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something

For those that say pic's or it didn't happen here ya go with a real bad shot of the tailgate.

50 Something
Man I love that tailgate organizer. That is pretty sweet where does one find something like that?
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #118
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,462
I want to get together with the group here. the rain put me off plus I want to get my Jeep trail ready and am not quite there yet. But will be fairly soon. However, being a newb, I need to have my first few runs on the beginner trails before I move up a notch where you guys are at now.. at least its beginning to cool down so a weekend run wont be so stinking hot.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #119
Jeeper
 
texasdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf

Man I love that tailgate organizer. That is pretty sweet where does one find something like that?
Quadratec has them.
__________________
SEMPER FI
2012 Wrangler Sport S, Silver Soft Top, Goodyear Duratracs 285/75R16, Level 8 Trackers, Rough Country 2.5" lift, KC Slimlite 130w Spots and 100w Driving lights, JCR Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Front Bumper, JCR Stubby Rear Bumper, ACE Rock Rails
texasdave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #120
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
Man I love that tailgate organizer. That is pretty sweet where does one find something like that?
Right here my friend!

5662324 - Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

50 Something

__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC