DFW Crawlers - Page 10 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #271
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda View Post
This Sunday a few Jeepers are going to Elm Fork shooting range at ~10am. Come on out!
"Got AMMO?"

If you do your about the only one I know that can afford to spend 9mm, or .223 at at the range, since they can't be found anywhere.

Who's your source?

50 Something

__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #272
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 248
I've bought about 1000rounds of 9mm from WalMart over the last 2-3 weeks for ~22cents a round. Same with a friend of mine that picked up 800rounds from them on Monday..

goodysgotacuda is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #273
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda
I've bought about 1000rounds of 9mm from WalMart over the last 2-3 weeks for ~22cents a round. Same with a friend of mine that picked up 800rounds from them on Monday..
Any sources on 5.56?
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #274
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Any sources on 5.56?
Nope, I don't mess with those! Just what I use really..
goodysgotacuda is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #275
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

Any sources on 5.56?
How much 556 you need D?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #276
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
How much 556 you need D?
am willing to buy up to 2000 rounds if its brass and not steel..
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #277
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

am willing to buy up to 2000 rounds if its brass and not steel..
I don't use steel. Only Kansas City brass. Let me look in the safe and wee what I can spare on 556.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #278
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Any up for Bridgeport in the am Sat?


817-229-6835. JD
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #279
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda View Post
I've bought about 1000rounds of 9mm from WalMart over the last 2-3 weeks for ~22cents a round. Same with a friend of mine that picked up 800rounds from them on Monday..
Well if you would like to score me some of those 9mm's I will buy them right up. Went to the Grapevine Walmart and they were out. Had maybe 6 boxes of .45's.

Went across the street to Academy and they are keeping all fast moving bulletts at the customer service desk. Went up there and they had no 9mm but did have six boxes of .45, so I told her give them all to me and she said only one box per customer per day. WTF?

Went by the Academy in NRH and they had about 20 boxes of 9mm and the same story 1 box per customer per day, but did allow me to get a box of .45 along with the 9mm. Then went by the Walmart in NRH and there were a couple asking the attendent something and he was opening a shipping box and looked in it and said I have 1 box and that's it. I asked a box of what 9mm and they all started laughing. Yeah the couple had come all the way from Corpus to find ammo and got the last box Walmart had, which was just unpacked.

So bottom line if you can spare a couple of boxes I'll see you at the range. I think I have plenty of .45's, but hate to shoot them up because I have a handgun and a carbine in that caliber. In the 9mm I have two handguns and 1 carbine. Oh yeah I also need .223 (5.56 Nato) as well for my M4.

Thanks,

50
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #280
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev

I don't use steel. Only Kansas City brass. Let me look in the safe and wee what I can spare on 556.
Sounds great. Lets talk offline
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #281
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

Sounds great. Lets talk offline
You have my number but I won't be back in town until Thursday
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #282
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Something View Post
Well if you would like to score me some of those 9mm's I will buy them right up. Went to the Grapevine Walmart and they were out. Had maybe 6 boxes of .45's.

Went across the street to Academy and they are keeping all fast moving bulletts at the customer service desk. Went up there and they had no 9mm but did have six boxes of .45, so I told her give them all to me and she said only one box per customer per day. WTF?

Went by the Academy in NRH and they had about 20 boxes of 9mm and the same story 1 box per customer per day, but did allow me to get a box of .45 along with the 9mm. Then went by the Walmart in NRH and there were a couple asking the attendent something and he was opening a shipping box and looked in it and said I have 1 box and that's it. I asked a box of what 9mm and they all started laughing. Yeah the couple had come all the way from Corpus to find ammo and got the last box Walmart had, which was just unpacked.

So bottom line if you can spare a couple of boxes I'll see you at the range. I think I have plenty of .45's, but hate to shoot them up because I have a handgun and a carbine in that caliber. In the 9mm I have two handguns and 1 carbine. Oh yeah I also need .223 (5.56 Nato) as well for my M4.

Thanks,

50
if it werent for that "1 per" rule, you would have gotten any.
Tweak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #283
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
if it werent for that "1 per" rule, you would have gotten any.
Well ya know I thought about that long and hard and I do love that rule, because it does keep it fair and square. Now everyone knows that the only place yesterday has 9mm, but you can bet your a$$ they are out today...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #284
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
Well with little interest in going today, guess I will wait till next Sat to go to Bridgeport.
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #285
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Any sources on 5.56?
Hey Dana,

Finally Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine got several cases today. They have a 10 box limit, but it's military 5.56 NATO stuff. Went by all week and bought 30 boxes.

Good luck, because this stuff goes quick.

PS: Please bear in mind that .223 and 5.56 NATO are a little different, but almost the same. If your system is not set up for the 5.56 NATO it could cause you some serious issues regarding personal harm up to and including death! The pressures are much different.

50
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #286
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
am willing to buy up to 2000 rounds if its brass and not steel..
Hey Dana,

Missed this post, but the ammo I bought @ Bass Pro is Brass cased and not steel, with FMJ on the projectile. To my knowledge nobody makes a brass bullet, but only lead or lead with a steel core? However this ammo is FMJ on lead and fair powder.

With that said I'm not real clear what you are speaking of, because I will run steel case all day long as long as they don't have steel cores?

50
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #287
Jeeper
 
BlueTJ1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 167
What's up Boys?!
BlueTJ1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #288
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997
What's up Boys?!
Howdy
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #289
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,376
doing a little work on the Jeep this weekend.. cant go to Bridgeport yet, have to break in my new gears..
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #290
Jeeper
 
Chef-j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
Hello.

Just picked up my jeep couple days ago. Sucks that i got nail on one of tires lol.
If you see asian dude in white jeep that will be me.
Chef-j is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #291
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j
Hello.

Just picked up my jeep couple days ago. Sucks that i got nail on one of tires lol.
If you see asian dude in white jeep that will be me.
What area do you live?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #292
Jeeper
 
Chef-j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
What area do you live?
Now im in colony but moving to plano in a week or so.
__________________
done with go fast...Now Jeep time
Chef-j is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #293
Jeeper
 
CRolandLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
doing a little work on the Jeep this weekend.. cant go to Bridgeport yet, have to break in my new gears..
What did you change to?
__________________
2006 Wrangler Unlimited
Bone Stock
Still fun
CRolandLJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #294
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRolandLJ View Post
What did you change to?
went from 3.73 (stock) to 4.11s.. with the change in wheels from 30s to 33s this took it back to about stock gearing. sure does make a difference too. esp out on the highway with the cruise on..
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #295
Jeeper
 
50 Something's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Hello.

Just picked up my jeep couple days ago. Sucks that i got nail on one of tires lol.
If you see asian dude in white jeep that will be me.
Congrat's on the new Jeep, but it does suck about the Nail.

I'll keep my eyes out for an "Asian Dude in a White Jeep"...

50 Something
__________________
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

John 1:1
50 Something is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #296
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Sorry I've been away guys. Today was the anniversary of my son being shot and killed so this is usually a tough couple of weeks for me. Going to try to hit bridgeport Sunday the 10th to focus on something else if you guys want to go.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #297
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Sorry I've been away guys. Today was the anniversary of my son being shot and killed so this is usually a tough couple of weeks for me. Going to try to hit bridgeport Sunday the 10th to focus on something else if you guys want to go.
Tom, so sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for him at church tomorrow. Godspeed.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #298
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

Tom, so sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for him at church tomorrow. Godspeed.

Dana
Thanks
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #299
Jeeper
 
Chef-j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Sorry I've been away guys. Today was the anniversary of my son being shot and killed so this is usually a tough couple of weeks for me. Going to try to hit bridgeport Sunday the 10th to focus on something else if you guys want to go.
Sorry to heard that.
__________________
done with go fast...Now Jeep time
Chef-j is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #300
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j

Sorry to heard that.
Your welcome to join tomorrow

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC