DFW Crawlers - Page 5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #121
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTJ1997 View Post
Come on 4th Quarter. Turn it on!
14-10. Cmon 'Boys

DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #122
Jeeper
 
Natdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 99
Sorry but the boys couldnt do it this time!

Natdog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #123
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natdog View Post
Sorry but the boys couldnt do it this time!
Yep. At least this way they will get a betterposition in the draft.
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #124
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Y'all still thinking about Bridgeport saturday?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #125
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Y'all still thinking about Bridgeport saturday?
I am probably out, I have to pick up my truck and may be dropping off the Jeep for the last round of mods..
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #126
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

I am probably out, I have to pick up my truck and may be dropping off the Jeep for the last round of mods..
Ok well yell when you want to go.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #127
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Hidden Falls

There is a group getting together in 3 weeks at Hidden Falls. I believe some of you are interested in going. I am planning on going myself. If you would post up on this thread, they are making a head count.
Dana

Hidden Falls Jan 18-20
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #128
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Happy New Year!
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #129
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to all!!!!
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #130
Jeeper
 
BlakeDuke123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
Happy new year
BlakeDuke123 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #131
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
There is a group getting together in 3 weeks at Hidden Falls. I believe some of you are interested in going. I am planning on going myself. If you would post up on this thread, they are making a head count.
Dana

Hidden Falls Jan 18-20
Thanks for the link. I am going to try to make it but I am not sure how my schedule will work out.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #132
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 248
I know it's short notice, but there are several of us going to Clayton, Oklahoma this weekend. It's a place not quite for the timid, all rigs will be 35s/37s locked front/rear..unfortunately the ones on 35s will probably be the minimum for many of the trails we run.

I don't make it over to this forum frequently, so shoot me a PM if you're interested!

goodysgotacuda is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #133
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda
I know it's short notice, but there are several of us going to Clayton, Oklahoma this weekend. It's a place not quite for the timid, all rigs will be 35s/37s locked front/rear..unfortunately the ones on 35s will probably be the minimum for many of the trails we run.

I don't make it over to this forum frequently, so shoot me a PM if you're interested!
Nice rig. I am a newb w only 33s. So that rules me out but keep this forum in mind.
Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #134
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Driving like a bat out of h3ll

Ok, I have had my Jeep since the end of July. Before it, my DD was a Hyundai Elantra (not something that just lights your performance fire) and my truck. I am getting this sense that the ole Jeep can just about go anywhere on the street without a problem. This is now getting me to drive it like a bat out of Heck most of the time. It never got good mpg, so why not? well, except for the possible ticket thing. But is the same thing happening to you? these Jeeps just ride over potholes and bumps and all kinds of obstacles that I would have winced at in my other vehicles.. for example, there are some humps (not speed bumps but humps) in a street that I drive on frequently. I now find myself going over them at 40+ mph, never would have done that in the other two vehicles.. anyway, was just thinking about it and wondered if you guys did the same thing.

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #135
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat View Post
Ok, I have had my Jeep since the end of July. Before it, my DD was a Hyundai Elantra (not something that just lights your performance fire) and my truck. I am getting this sense that the ole Jeep can just about go anywhere on the street without a problem. This is now getting me to drive it like a bat out of Heck most of the time. It never got good mpg, so why not? well, except for the possible ticket thing. But is the same thing happening to you? these Jeeps just ride over potholes and bumps and all kinds of obstacles that I would have winced at in my other vehicles.. for example, there are some humps (not speed bumps but humps) in a street that I drive on frequently. I now find myself going over them at 40+ mph, never would have done that in the other two vehicles.. anyway, was just thinking about it and wondered if you guys did the same thing.

Dana

I pretty much drive over anything with extremely little concern. Compeition beadlocks, 37s with 1/2" sidewalls, PSC ram-assist steering, upgraded tie rod/drag link, upgraded ball joints, trussed front axle, chromoly rear axles...it's pretty fun.

Then I hop in my 'Cuda and the headers hit sticks in the road, quite a different experience!
goodysgotacuda is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #136
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda View Post
I pretty much drive over anything with extremely little concern. Compeition beadlocks, 37s with 1/2" sidewalls, PSC ram-assist steering, upgraded tie rod/drag link, upgraded ball joints, trussed front axle, chromoly rear axles...it's pretty fun.

Then I hop in my 'Cuda and the headers hit sticks in the road, quite a different experience!
Would like to see both of those bad boys..

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #137
Jeeper
 
Fullsizemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
I drive the Jeep slowwwww. It just won't go fast. Makes my truck with the ecoboost feel like a nascar. Now the m/c is a whole other story
Fullsizemike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #138
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsizemike View Post
I drive the Jeep slowwwww. It just won't go fast. Makes my truck with the ecoboost feel like a nascar. Now the m/c is a whole other story
but dont you just drive the Jeep with the pedal to the metal all the time and let it just jump over everything in sight?
love that bike..

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #139
Jeeper
 
Sdavidf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 95
I tend to baby the jeep most of the time. I'm trying to save some gas mileage. I don't worry about the bumps much though.

But if you have the 4 litter you should get the rpm up to 4 grand a couple times a week just to keep the valves clean and operational. They don't rotate properly until over 3200 rpm. So one the days I am doing that "engine maintenance" I just let her rip and have fun.
Sdavidf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #140
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdavidf View Post
But if you have the 4 litter you should get the rpm up to 4 grand a couple times a week just to keep the valves clean and operational. They don't rotate properly until over 3200 rpm. So one the days I am doing that "engine maintenance" I just let her rip and have fun.
Sage advice... will have to make sure I rev her WAY up on a weekly basis.
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #141
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat
Ok, I have had my Jeep since the end of July. Before it, my DD was a Hyundai Elantra (not something that just lights your performance fire) and my truck. I am getting this sense that the ole Jeep can just about go anywhere on the street without a problem. This is now getting me to drive it like a bat out of Heck most of the time. It never got good mpg, so why not? well, except for the possible ticket thing. But is the same thing happening to you? these Jeeps just ride over potholes and bumps and all kinds of obstacles that I would have winced at in my other vehicles.. for example, there are some humps (not speed bumps but humps) in a street that I drive on frequently. I now find myself going over them at 40+ mph, never would have done that in the other two vehicles.. anyway, was just thinking about it and wondered if you guys did the same thing.

Dana
It's all the mods killing the mpg. Stock mine was getting avg 21.6 mpg highway and around 18 city. Bumper, lift etc... Took me down to around 18-19 hwy and city dint really change. Now with the delta light bar, it's horrid ... Highway being super gentle and driving with the wind lol I can hold 18 but unfortunate I don't normally get those perfect conditions so I'm usually struggling to hold 16. City 15. My drive to work has few stops but is really hilly so it's around 15mpg.... I love the look of my light bar. Have yet to see another jeep in person with one, but it KILLs the aerodynamics of my brick ..... Every time I fill up I have to convince myself not to sale the light bar but I may have to. Probably end up asking 450 for it which is $150 less than bought it for and $290 less than retail, but I may have to take the loss.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #142
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
It's all the mods killing the mpg. Stock mine was getting avg 21.6 mpg highway and around 18 city. Bumper, lift etc... Took me down to around 18-19 hwy and city dint really change. Now with the delta light bar, it's horrid ... Highway being super gentle and driving with the wind lol I can hold 18 but unfortunate I don't normally get those perfect conditions so I'm usually struggling to hold 16. City 15. My drive to work has few stops but is really hilly so it's around 15mpg.... I love the look of my light bar. Have yet to see another jeep in person with one, but it KILLs the aerodynamics of my brick ..... Every time I fill up I have to convince myself not to sale the light bar but I may have to. Probably end up asking 450 for it which is $150 less than bought it for and $290 less than retail, but I may have to take the loss.
Dont sell it.. its part of you and the Jeep and both of your personality. It makes yours different and unique. You bought it for that very reason. Besides, I havent seen it in person yet..

Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #143
Jeeper
 
Harris4627's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Benbrook
Posts: 75
Whats up guys... Checking in from Benbrook. Been on the forum for a while now but haven't run across this thread. Doing some work to the ol' jeep today, but I'm ready for some fun... It's been too long since I've been able to hit the trails. Would love to be able to meet up and hang out with some more jeepers around the area.
Harris4627 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #144
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris4627
Whats up guys... Checking in from Benbrook. Been on the forum for a while now but haven't run across this thread. Doing some work to the ol' jeep today, but I'm ready for some fun... It's been too long since I've been able to hit the trails. Would love to be able to meet up and hang out with some more jeepers around the area.
There is the occasional trip to Bridgeport. There a a few of us going to Hidden Falls in a couple of weeks too
Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #145
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris4627
Whats up guys... Checking in from Benbrook. Been on the forum for a while now but haven't run across this thread. Doing some work to the ol' jeep today, but I'm ready for some fun... It's been too long since I've been able to hit the trails. Would love to be able to meet up and hang out with some more jeepers around the area.
Benbrook? Hell yea! Finally JD isn't the only one close to me btw I'm about 12 min up 20 west from you in willow park.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #146
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Ok I know jeeps aren't very "technologically" advanced but that doesn't mean it's drivers have aren't. So come on show some support Goethe group.
www.facebook.com/DfwCrawlers

Hit like.
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #147
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Towing

Hey Guys,
Does anyone here have good knowledge on how to set up a tow bar system so that I can tow my Jeep behind another vehicle? with the trip to Hidden Falls, just thinking that is something breaks, it could be an expensive tow home. Also, am thinking of taking it to Colorado this summer as well.

so if you are willing to teach a newb, post up or drop me a PM..

Thanks
Dana
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #148
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #149
Jeeper
 
DBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Big D
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
Sorry I don't know

Before

After
I aam loving those lights.
DBoat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #150
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoat

I aam loving those lights.
Which ones?

__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC