In need of some new off roading places! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
07X
Jeeper
 
07X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
In need of some new off roading places!

So far, I've tried the lake lewisville area, a place on bass pro drive in grapevine, and a few small places.. I know of Bridgeport already, but does anyone know some good trails near the dfw area?

07X is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Rowlettjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas tx
Posts: 284
Try 360 it badass

Rowlettjeeper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
07X
Jeeper
 
07X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlettjeeper View Post
Try 360 it badass
where is that!? L
07X is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Rowlettjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas tx
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07X View Post
where is that!? L
3198 north great south west parkway grand praire iirc Google map it
Rowlettjeeper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 2,959
Barnwell Mountain is not too far from DFW and has great wheeling.
__________________
98 TJ 4i in currie with Currie bars front and rear
2014 JKUR AMP"D,Ace slider,BFG AT/KO's 33's
Ace Tire carrier/ rear bumper,LOD Mid width front bumper

I love my country. That's why I despise the government.
jeepers29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
TXJKU-Rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Friendswood, TX
Posts: 154
Check this link out. It's one of the most complete lists of trails and parks I've seen.

Find Texas Trails, Off Road Parks, ATV Parks And Motocross Tracks - TX
TXJKU-Rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-14-2014, 12:55 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 2,520
A new place just opened up in sherman. cant remember the name
Tweak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 6
Is anyone familiar with the Campbell trails near GWB Tollway in Garland? I've seen people wheeling over there while en route to work before but for the life of me have no idea where the entrance to that area is.
__________________
"Marines" the only grown group of people where it's socially acceptable to continue to consistently act like a child.
Stitch1870 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
07X
Jeeper
 
07X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch1870 View Post
Is anyone familiar with the Campbell trails near GWB Tollway in Garland? I've seen people wheeling over there while en route to work before but for the life of me have no idea where the entrance to that area is.
I've heard about it and my friends go every once in a while. But I've also heard that the cops are nasty out there. I heard from one of my jeep buddies that they are confiscating jeeps
07X is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Rowlettjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas tx
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07X View Post
I've heard about it and my friends go every once in a while. But I've also heard that the cops are nasty out there. I heard from one of my jeep buddies that they are confiscating jeeps
That place was badass but I would be careful there cops everywhere these pics are from there

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140802_160240.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	1357817



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140609_113903.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1357809
Rowlettjeeper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Crazyflyingplastics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 534
Images: 2
Def head out to Barnwell mountain. I was just there a few weeks ago, great trails for all levels of jeeps. It's about 30 minutes north of tyler.
Crazyflyingplastics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
07X
Jeeper
 
07X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyflyingplastics View Post
Def head out to Barnwell mountain. I was just there a few weeks ago, great trails for all levels of jeeps. It's about 30 minutes north of tyler.
is it a formal place? Or just like a spot you found?
07X is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Crazyflyingplastics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 534
Images: 2
It's formal.well kept too. Here's the link. Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area. Most places in Texas you have to pay.
Crazyflyingplastics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
07X
Jeeper
 
07X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyflyingplastics View Post
It's formal.well kept too. Here's the link. Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area. Most places in Texas you have to pay.
hahaha I'm willing to pay.. Looks great! How does it compare to brigeport?
07X is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Crazyflyingplastics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 534
Images: 2
Haven't been to Bridgeport myself. At Barnwell The trails are nicely rated form 2 to 5 diamonds so you mostly know what you are getting into. The park is huge too. However, the maps aren't the greatest. FYI, pink ribbons on a trail mean you're on an atv trail. I found out the hard way, wrong turn and almost got stuck on a narrow path between two trees. Practically had to use the jeep as a bulldozer to get turned around.
Crazyflyingplastics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #16
07X
Jeeper
 
07X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyflyingplastics View Post
Haven't been to Bridgeport myself. At Barnwell The trails are nicely rated form 2 to 5 diamonds so you mostly know what you are getting into. The park is huge too. However, the maps aren't the greatest. FYI, pink ribbons on a trail mean you're on an atv trail. I found out the hard way, wrong turn and almost got stuck on a narrow path between two trees. Practically had to use the jeep as a bulldozer to get turned around.
oh! Good to know! I'll keep that in mind!
07X is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
WatchThis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 4,027
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07X View Post
hahaha I'm willing to pay.. Looks great! How does it compare to brigeport?
Its way better IMO
__________________
I'm here to participate. I didnt come all this way just to watch.

My jeep's thread http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/che...st-111461.html
WatchThis! is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2014, 03:39 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Jklucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 72
Check out hiddenfalls adventure park. It's in marble falls. No red dirt and they also let you wheel at night if you want
Jklucas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
CJ7nvrstk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Prosper, TX
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklucas View Post
Check out hiddenfalls adventure park. It's in marble falls. No red dirt and they also let you wheel at night if you want
Hey buddy, long time no see.

__________________
11 JKU
85 CJ

RED Friday. Remember Everyone Deployed
CJ7nvrstk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC