You say you're in TEXAS, but... - Page 6 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Texas Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #151
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 3,522
Any Midland Jeep clubs? I know there has to be based on the number of modified jeeps I see running about.

mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #152
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
Any Midland Jeep clubs? I know there has to be based on the number of modified jeeps I see running about.
Only one that I know of. I'm a member although I've never attended a meeting.

West Texas Jeep Club - Home

__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #153
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Only one that I know of. I'm a member although I've never attended a meeting.

West Texas Jeep Club - Home
site looks like it could use some help. hmmm.

I want to find something to do, but am having no luck searching online.

I drove over a few curbs, and that was about all the excitement I've found
mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #154
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
site looks like it could use some help. hmmm.

I want to find something to do, but am having no luck searching online.

I drove over a few curbs, and that was about all the excitement I've found
I hear ya. That's the problem I've had since I bought mine. Are you interested in traveling to Llano or Palo Duro Canyon? There are some private events in both places along with a Jeep Jamboree at each every year.

The private events are mainly for the bigger Jeeps and buggies but the Jamborees are an excellent way to learn how to drive and navigate your rig.
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #155
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
site looks like it could use some help. hmmm.

I want to find something to do, but am having no luck searching online.

I drove over a few curbs, and that was about all the excitement I've found
Also, if you need any parts let me know before you buy anything. I have a ton of nearly new Jeeps parts in the garage. It'll save you some shipping.
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #156
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
I hear ya. That's the problem I've had since I bought mine. Are you interested in traveling to Llano or Palo Duro Canyon? There are some private events in both places along with a Jeep Jamboree at each every year.

The private events are mainly for the bigger Jeeps and buggies but the Jamborees are an excellent way to learn how to drive and navigate your rig.
I'm definitely interested. I'd have to plan well in advance to travel very far, but could likely do that. Extreme rock crawling is probably out of my league, trail runs and the sort sound much more appealing. I'm not sure what all is done at these events. Again complete newb to the sport. (I have a great time driving over parking dividers - easily entertained).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Also, if you need any parts let me know before you buy anything. I have a ton of nearly new Jeeps parts in the garage. It'll save you some shipping.
Color me curious.

OE parts? aftermarket parts? I'm gitty with anticipation.
mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #157
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
I'm definitely interested. I'd have to plan well in advance to travel very far, but could likely do that. Extreme rock crawling is probably out of my league, trail runs and the sort sound much more appealing. I'm not sure what all is done at these events. Again complete newb to the sport. (I have a great time driving over parking dividers - easily entertained).





Color me curious.

OE parts? aftermarket parts? I'm gitty with anticipation.

That's the best thing about doing the Jamborees. It gives beginners a chance to get out and learn how to drive their Jeep in a safe, controlled setting. They're all very family friendly and newbie friendly. The Jamboree in Palo Duro is much easier than Llano and it's held every year around mid-May. The Llano Jamboree is held twice a year. The first is usually around the end of March and the second is mid-September. Look through the "Trail" section of this forum and you'll find a bunch of pictures from both Jamborees.

I have several parts that I've pulled off. I have steering systems, control arms, soft tops, exhaust systems, drive shafts, bumpers and several other things I'm not thinking of. Let me know if you need anything as I'd like to start unloading some of this stuff. I would have sold it before but most of it is big, bulky and heavy which makes it hard to ship.

I'm over in Grasslands West (right off 191). Let me know if you want to come by and look at anything.
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #158
Jeeper
 
mrcarcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland/Odessa, TX
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
That's the best thing about doing the Jamborees. It gives beginners a chance to get out and learn how to drive their Jeep in a safe, controlled setting. They're all very family friendly and newbie friendly. The Jamboree in Palo Duro is much easier than Llano and it's held every year around mid-May. The Llano Jamboree is held twice a year. The first is usually around the end of March and the second is mid-September. Look through the "Trail" section of this forum and you'll find a bunch of pictures from both Jamborees.

I have several parts that I've pulled off. I have steering systems, control arms, soft tops, exhaust systems, drive shafts, bumpers and several other things I'm not thinking of. Let me know if you need anything as I'd like to start unloading some of this stuff. I would have sold it before but most of it is big, bulky and heavy which makes it hard to ship.

I'm over in Grasslands West (right off 191). Let me know if you want to come by and look at anything.
Oh ok. I live on Wadley off Whittle way (between the loop and Midland, Dr.)

I'll PM you.
mrcarcrazy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #159
Extremely Humble

WF Lifetime Member
 
Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Midland Texas
Posts: 11,549
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
Oh ok. I live on Wadley off Whittle way (between the loop and Midland, Dr.)

I'll PM you.
You're just around the corner.
__________________

|
|

03 Rubicon | 36" Iroks | Chromo D44's w/Rear Spool | 5.5" RK LA | 5.13s | Armored Head to Toe
Scout is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #160
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5
Hooterville

....more properly known as Stephenville. Been driving an XJ for a while and have a Scrambler in the shed, but just got a 2006 Unlimited. Sweet!
__________________
2006 Unlimited, stock
nockrifle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #161
Jeeper
 
elephantrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: round rock
Posts: 166
im in round rock, we wheel @ hidden falls quite
a bit.
__________________
jason
2009 g8 gt
2005 lj trail rig
1992 club cab le
elephantrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #162
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Right now I'm on a deployment in Iraq. But I'm from Corpus. Trying to find a good spot other than the coast to hit a trail when I get back in December for leave. I just bought a 2000 Wrangler Sport. Bone stock. So I'm gonna put a 2"BB on it with some 31X10.5X15's. Figured that'll be enough for me.
sxysouthtx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #163
Jeeper
 
silvercreek62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: willis,texas
Posts: 41
willis tx here. where men are men and sheep run scare lol
__________________
LIFES A BEACH!
silvercreek62 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #164
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Newbie in San Antonio, dont really know anyone with jeeps around here, i just bought mine yesterday, ill get pics up as soon as i can
Wilsonjim15 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #165
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Missouri City here! South of Houston for those not familiar with the area...lol.
houston is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #166
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 31
Granbury Tx, west of DFW about 30 miles
kells81 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #167
Jeeper
 
BeepBeepImaJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 258
Frisco Tx, North of Dallas
__________________
99 Wrangler
35x12.50 R15 Pro Comp Xtreme MT : 4.56 Gears
1.25" JKS Bodylift : 4" Zone Offroad Suspension
Super35 Kit w/ ARB locker : Super 44 Flowmasters
Superwinch 9,000lbs. winch : ARB On Board Air
BeepBeepImaJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #168
Jeeper
 
fortworthJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 109
North Fort Worth and looking for someplace to take the new Jeep off road.
fortworthJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #169
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Where's a good place to go muddin in san antonio?
Wilsonjim15 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #170
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: League City, Tx
Posts: 27
Most of the time in League City, TX. south of Houston. Part time in Hemphill, TX in deep East Texas. New to Jeepin and lookin forward to doing some offroading.
Glenn54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #171
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Amarillo, Texas
Posts: 26
Amarillo here , up North in the Panhandle. This place is so flat, that if you go out to the edge of town and look west, you can see the back of your head.
slypig is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #172
Jeeper
 
Gone Broke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: rowlett
Posts: 15
Rowlett here....

About 1.5 hours from Bridgeport,
3 hours to Clayton OK, Green Acres
2 hours to Barnwell Mountain.

And a few close places that some don't approve of...lol
Gone Broke is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #173
Me2
Newb
 
Me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Also, if you need any parts let me know before you buy anything. I have a ton of nearly new Jeeps parts in the garage. It'll save you some shipping.




Whatcha got? We've got a 2 door and a 4 door JK - always needing to buy some upgrades, and I like used parts - I'm the tightwad in the family.
Me2 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-20-2010, 02:15 AM   #174
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
anyone from San Antonio?
Wilsonjim15 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #175
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 87
Temple, Texas! Just bought a 2010 JK!
Bennny is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #176
Jeeper
 
davis_use's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 68
Images: 1
The Woodlands here...just north of a little town called Houston
davis_use is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #177
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Dripping Springs, North of SA and West of Austin, looking to buy a new JEEP, still working on pricing....
inzomnyac is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #178
Jeeper
 
TJ2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belton Texas
Posts: 25
Images: 2
Another Temple here. Near Ft Hood

TJ2k5 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #179
Jeeper
 
WTAggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 83
I'm in Boerne, TX. Any places close to me, where i could go take the jeep out?
WTAggie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #180
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Not in Texas yet, but expect to be moving to Katy in about 2-3 months. Strongly considering getting a 2003 ish Rubicon as a second vehicle when we get there :-)

rabrown22000 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Texas WF Jeepers ? jeeptales Texas Jeep Forum 9 04-12-2012 10:05 PM
West Texas WF Jeepers ? jeeptales Texas Jeep Forum 3 03-29-2012 06:16 AM
Hey SCOUT! AzTJ Off-Topic 21 07-25-2008 04:12 PM
2006 Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree jeeptales On The Trail 4 04-07-2006 10:44 AM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC