2n17X Black Dimond trail - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
Kool!

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
Sikwitit328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: A.V
Posts: 135
Send a message via Yahoo to Sikwitit328
Im definitely interested in runnin it. I ran about the first mile of it on sun. after cleghorn with Andrew the dude with the white cherokee who ran cleghorn with us on sunday. We ran out of daylight. Set a date and ill try my best to make it!

Sikwitit328 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,284
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
BeantownR6 and I did this run a few weeks ago. Very icy and slippery. Was a fun day though. Going to have to watch this thread and hope my schedule is open.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
949OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake Forest CA
Posts: 109
Images: 12
The first time I ran it was about a year ago and we rescued this 4Runner which was actually completely upside down when we got there. IFS not advised for this trail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120116_143319.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	209599
949OC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'm thinkin the weekend of the 23-24th won't work for me ...wife's B-day weekend.
The weekend after that is TDS.
So maybe March 9or10th? But I now some of u guys r going to the Calico run that weekend...so?
Even better!
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
So it looks like we have some interest in this run ...so let pick a date...March 9th or 10th? ...I'm good for either one...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,983
Either works for me ... but might I suggest it be the 10th so Highwayman wouldn't be left out
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,603
Either day is good for me. I'll still be a maybe for now, until the day gets closer.

How far are you planning to go? Last time I did Pilot Rock we stopped at Arrowhead and were done pretty early, I think around 1:30 PM. Maybe hit some of the Arrowhead trails if we have time.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
We can run as much as u'd like....I just need to run this trail to log hours for the forestry ....
If u'd like we can run Marble Canyon first, its not to far away ...that is if all r equipped for it....

We could also go climb the Catapillars!

O and Sunday will work for me ....
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #40
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
That weekend works for me. I probably won't be able to go out before then
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Just checked the calendar, and I will be in Vegas that weekend for the Sprint Cup race. How about the weekend before or after? Damn retirement keeps me busy.
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy1rubi View Post
Just checked the calendar, and I will be in Vegas that weekend for the Sprint Cup race. How about the weekend before or after? Damn retirement keeps me busy.
The weekend before the 10th is TDS...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,738
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
We can run as much as u'd like....I just need to run this trail to log hours for the forestry ....
If u'd like we can run Marble Canyon first, its not to far away ...that is if all r equipped for it....

We could also go climb the Catapillars!

O and Sunday will work for me ....
We could also run this and then give the Cleghorn reverse route another try since the last time out we had to turn back because of the over heating problems someone experienced. Need to get a good start and keep up the pace, not like last time when Bill had to escort someone we picked up along the way back to the main road when his front end went out and then we spent another hour and a half with the over heating thing.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
jerry97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hawthorne ca
Posts: 88
I may be down for This. Iv done it a few time before. Cleghorn reverse sound cool too, haven't done that yet. But I might be out of town that weekend ill know for sure when it gets closer. I'm a definite maybe. Either 9th or 10th is good if I'm here.
jerry97tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
We could also run this and then give the Cleghorn reverse route another try since the last time out we had to turn back because of the over heating problems someone experienced. Need to get a good start and keep up the pace, not like last time when Bill had to escort someone we picked up along the way back to the main road when his front end went out and then we spent another hour and a half with the over heating thing.
Yeah....all of it sounds good ....there is just SO much good stuff in that area ....like Saw Pit canyon or Horse Thief r a couple more kick Azz trails that r in that same area...
I think we should do this on Sunday ....looks like the best day for the most people...?
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy1rubi View Post
Just checked the calendar, and I will be in Vegas that weekend for the Sprint Cup race. How about the weekend before or after? Damn retirement keeps me busy.
Glad to see that retirement is keepin u busy...so many people don't have a clue what to do with themselves after they retire...
like Bill said the weekend before is TDS & I know something is planned for the weekend after ....I'm thinking we're headed out to Mountain Pass for a Horrific weekend of wheelin
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
The weekend before the 10th is TDS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Glad to see that retirement is keepin u busy...so many people don't have a clue what to do with themselves after they retire...
like Bill said the weekend before is TDS & I know something is planned for the weekend after ....I'm thinking we're headed out to Mountain Pass for a Horrific weekend of wheelin

No worries, I'll make it up there again soon.

BTW what's TDS?
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
Terra Del Sol ....its the 51st year and its put on by the San Deigo 4wheelers
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #49
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
We could also run this and then give the Cleghorn reverse route another try since the last time out we had to turn back because of the over heating problems someone experienced. Need to get a good start and keep up the pace, not like last time when Bill had to escort someone we picked up along the way back to the main road when his front end went out and then we spent another hour and a half with the over heating thing.
Good call Dave! As you mentioned, that day got sidetracked so it would be cool to give that combo a try again I also agree that we would need to keep a brisk pace to get them both done....I dont recall how many we had that day, im thinking only about 5 or 6?
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Kaisertod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD

Good call Dave! As you mentioned, that day got sidetracked so it would be cool to give that combo a try again I also agree that we would need to keep a brisk pace to get them both done....I dont recall how many we had that day, im thinking only about 5 or 6?
We had more than that... Didn't we?

Whatever it was still a fun day. I'm in whenever this thing actually happens... Need some dirt under my wheel wells
Kaisertod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Who want to run it?
I'm looking for some eager soles that would like to tackle this trail...its my clubs Adopt -A-Trail and I need to go observe it and see how the weather as been treating it...
if I can gain some interest we can set a date and time...
Thanx..
Hey Steve........you're a hard guy to get a hold of. My wife and I went up there last weekend (alone). We got about a ˝ a mile or so past that lookout point. Ran into just enough snow that we thought better of going it alone.

Give me a text some time soon so we can get that auto trans and transfer case over to your place. I still have those tires you wanted me to dismount, and that winch you asked about.

All that aside, I'm ready to take on White Mountain pretty much any ole time.

Phil
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #52
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
Either works for me ... but might I suggest it be the 10th so Highwayman wouldn't be left out
Thx, JB.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,166
So will it be Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th for White Mtn Trail? What time will we be meeting and where to do this thing? I have never heard of those other trails you mentioned (saw pit & horse theif) that might be included in that day's activities, but I'm not afraid (not yet anyway).
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
So will it be Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th for White Mtn Trail? What time will we be meeting and where to do this thing? I have never heard of those other trails you mentioned (saw pit & horse theif) that might be included in that day's activities, but I'm not afraid (not yet anyway).
It looks like we're gonna run 2n17x on the 10th...not sure about what other trail/trails we'll run with it yet ....although its looking like Cleghorn trail (for the millionth time) is the leading contender...lol!
Yeah I'm glad those rims worked out for u...we need to get together soon to get my tires from u...I also need to pickup the other goodies too..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
It looks like we're gonna run 2n17x on the 10th...not sure about what other trail/trails we'll run with it yet ....although its looking like Cleghorn trail (for the millionth time) is the leading contender...lol!
Yeah I'm glad those rims worked out for u...we need to get together soon to get my tires from u...I also need to pickup the other goodies too..

Sunday the 10th works for me........think we can get an early enough of a start to get thru Cleghorn (upstream) before dark? Actually, from that far end of White Mtn, it's just a hop skip and a jump to the downhill side of Dishpan too. Just a thot.
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,603
I'd prefer doing 2n17x and then doing anything other than Cleghorn. Seems that Cleghorn backwards might need to be a starting point instead of trying to squeeze it in after another run. Just seems counter productive to do 2n17x and then turn around, go back down, and start Cleghorn.

Maybe split into two groups after 2n17X -- One that wants to go to Clehorn, another that wants to do something else. Guess it depends on group size.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
GaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 62
Count me in. Sounds like an interesting and fun run. Plus it will help motivate me to go ahead and pull the trigger on some mods I've been putting off for a while.
GaDude is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
H8-roads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Granada hills
Posts: 564
Images: 1
I'm in if its Sunday the 10th!!! 👍
__________________
more than just a jeep.........
H8-roads is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #59
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking
I'd prefer doing 2n17x and then doing anything other than Cleghorn. Seems that Cleghorn backwards might need to be a starting point instead of trying to squeeze it in after another run. Just seems counter productive to do 2n17x and then turn around, go back down, and start Cleghorn.

Maybe split into two groups after 2n17X -- One that wants to go to Clehorn, another that wants to do something else. Guess it depends on group size.
Hey Rick, how about Marble canyon that Steve suggested instead of Cleggy....
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #60
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,310
Am another one for Marble Canyon and 2n17x.

DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC