2n17x to Dishpan 3/29 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
2n17x to Dishpan 3/29

Planning on running dishpan Sat morning. Gonna try to keep it to a small group. Maybe 5 or less rigs. Planning on starting out on 2n17x to pilot rock to dishpan and end at crab flats. Gotta be back early so planning on leaving highway 138 and 15 no later then 830 am Gotta be back early in the afternoon.


Requirements

4" lift/33" tires, winch/tow point, working cb and some experience on the trails.

Prefer to keep it small and only experienced drivers. But if its a small enough group newbies welcome.

Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,406
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Would love to join you but going to be in Havasu this weekend. Have fun and safe wheeling.

Jeff

__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is online now   Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
HDgasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long beach
Posts: 565
Work is gettin in the way of my fun time!
HDgasser is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 8,037
Where are you meeting up and what channel will you be on? But I have no winch yet.
Gunner is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
If you're lifted and have 33's you should be ok. are you locked? at the mcdonalds at highway 138 and 15. wanna leave by 830 so gassed up and ready by 8. Channel 30.
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
LU-EE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Whittier
Posts: 79
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisterphoto View Post

Requirements

4" lift/33" tires, winch/tow point, working cb and some experience on the trails.

Prefer to keep it small and only experienced drivers. But if its a small enough group newbies welcome.

Man I have a 3" lift. I'm gonna have to buy a winch and change my control arms to make it into a 4" soon.
__________________
LU-EE
LU-EE is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,968
I can't go.

Just an FYI if you want to be back early. Last time I did 2N17X with a small group, we started around the same time and were done around noon or so. Then it's another 30+ minutes to Dishpan through the Pinnacles.

So if you want to get Dishpan in, you're looking at being done around 2:00 - 3:00 or so. If you want to be done earlier, probably best to start with Dishpan (or just do 2n17x and play the rest by ear) and then do another trail if you have time. Holcomb is very close to the end of Dishpan.
suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
HDgasser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long beach
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by LU-EE View Post
Man I have a 3" lift. I'm gonna have to buy a winch and change my control arms to make it into a 4" soon.
I've got some 4.5" aev springs for ya!
HDgasser is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
I can't go.

Just an FYI if you want to be back early. Last time I did 2N17X with a small group, we started around the same time and were done around noon or so. Then it's another 30+ minutes to Dishpan through the Pinnacles.

So if you want to get Dishpan in, you're looking at being done around 2:00 - 3:00 or so. If you want to be done earlier, probably best to start with Dishpan (or just do 2n17x and play the rest by ear) and then do another trail if you have time. Holcomb is very close to the end of Dishpan.
Thanks. Yeah I might just do dishpan.
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Or you can do 2N17x and Marble canyon....I'm sure you'll get a lot of guys that will want to do MC
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
where's marbel canyon? Remeber i'm trying to be done around 3? I've done 2n17x numerous times, dishpan only a couple.
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
About 4 or 5 miles by road from Silverwood dam
It's an awesome trail...maybe someone will chime in and tell you about it.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 8,037
3.5 lift and 35's, Locked both ends.
Gunner is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
About 4 or 5 miles by road from Silverwood dam
It's an awesome trail...maybe someone will chime in and tell you about it.
I've lead a number of runs through MC...If you do a search here you'll find the links talking about the trail
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
About 4 or 5 miles by road from Silverwood dam
It's an awesome trail...maybe someone will chime in and tell you about it.
Awesome trail!



I would say similar difficulty to Motino and Stoddard Wells area, harder than John Bull.

As the trail name suggests, the thing that makes it hard is that the rocks move like marbles. A section may look easier than it is until you start wheeling and feel the rocks shifting as you roll over them. (see Russ around 12:50) One locker highly suggested.

Rare footage around 10:30 of Billg getting strapped.

I've only done it once and it's been almost a year. I need to go again.
suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
perez3789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: baldwin park ca
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgasser View Post
I've got some 4.5" aev springs for ya!
How much do u want for the springs PM me
perez3789 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Awesome trail!


I would say similar difficulty to Motino and Stoddard Wells area, harder than John Bull.

As the trail name suggests, the thing that makes it hard is that the rocks move like marbles. A section may look easier than it is until you start wheeling and feel the rocks shifting as you roll over them. (see Russ around 12:50) One locker highly suggested.

Rare footage around 10:30 of Billg getting strapped.

I've only done it once and it's been almost a year. I need to go again.
Yeah, Motino is a very cool trail, I would highly recommend it!

and Rick...I thought that $20 I gave you was going to go into editing out the footage
around the 10:30 portion

Is that the same day Raffi broke his steering?
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Yeah, Motino is a very cool trail, I would highly recommend it!

and Rick...I thought that $20 I gave you was going to go into editing out the footage
around the 10:30 portion

Is that the same day Raffi broke his steering?
Hey that's funny junk...lol
Yeah it was the same day...what did we have that day some 15/16 rigs.?

Good times
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisterphoto View Post
where's marbel canyon? Remeber i'm trying to be done around 3? I've done 2n17x numerous times, dishpan only a couple.
If you do Marble Canyon you can see where you are time wise and either do
2n17 or call it a day...both fun trails, it just depends on how many Jeeps you end up with....
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #20
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Hey that's funny junk...lol
Yeah it was the same day...what did we have that day some 15/16 rigs.?

Good times
Yeah that seems about right, I was looking at the video and maybe there was 13 Jeeps I could count. Good group! I'm not sure if I could find it with my shitty sense of direction, but I could get close...
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post

If you do Marble Canyon you can see where you are time wise and either do
2n17 or call it a day...both fun trails, it just depends on how many Jeeps you end up with....
Do you think I'd be able to make it with out a tug on marble canyon? Anybody got trail info like start and finish spots
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
H8-roads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Granada hills
Posts: 592
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post

Yeah, Motino is a very cool trail, I would highly recommend it!

and Rick...I thought that $20 I gave you was going to go into editing out the footage
around the 10:30 portion

Is that the same day Raffi broke his steering?
Lol. It was the same day....a looooooong day I recall.
MC is a great trail. I highly recommend running it (with a spare tie rod that is)
__________________
more than just a jeep.........
H8-roads is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8-roads View Post
Lol. It was the same day....a looooooong day I recall.
MC is a great trail. I highly recommend running it (with a spare tie rod that is)
You still off on Sundays bud ...hint hint
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
I think I'll stick to Dishpan for this run. Wanna do Mc with someone that's run it before. So I can get a feel for it
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisterphoto View Post
I think I'll stick to Dishpan for this run. Wanna do Mc with someone that's run it before. So I can get a feel for it
What do you have for a jeep bud?
I'm thinking about running MC with you
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

What do you have for a jeep bud?
I'm thinking about running MC with you
98 tj on 24 low profile and airbags lowered 6 inches.
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

What do you have for a jeep bud?
I'm thinking about running MC with you
Hahahha jk 98 tj 4" lift 35's. Open diffs. Winch and row points bill and suicide king have done some runs with me
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Sinisterphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 527
ok here's my jeep what do you think will i be able to make it??


hahah just kidding the 3rd one is my jeep
Sinisterphoto is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Yeah....I don't know about that last one...lol
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 4,002
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you...I was stabin a pack (motor & trans) in an MRAP Cougar

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC