Cleghorn 12/14 - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #61
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,159
The first place on Cleghorn where I think you might "need" any sort of lift or lock action, is the obstacle they call the wedge (about ˝ a mile into the actual trails). After that, there are a couple places where it gets a little iffy (unlocked) going down through the washouts and ruts, but I've seen many a rig breeze thru with completely open diffs.

XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
OP updated with details, thanks mods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
The first place on Cleghorn where I think you might "need" any sort of lift or lock action, is the obstacle they call the wedge (about ˝ a mile into the actual trails). After that, there are a couple places where it gets a little iffy (unlocked) going down through the washouts and ruts, but I've seen many a rig breeze thru with completely open diffs.
I call that area the 'notch'. One of my favorite sections. It can be brutal when muddy. That section isn't that bad if you can make it past the beginning. I've seen stockers on the 16" steelies make it through there though.

suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,738
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdhurdler View Post
Sorry if posted up already, but searching on my phone sucks. Is there a.set time we are meeting?

Jeff
You have been struggling with no computer for more than a year now. I hope Santa brings you something this year.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,281
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post

You have been struggling with no computer for more than a year now. I hope Santa brings you something this year.
Oh, I have a computer, but do a.lot of forum time from my phone when things are slow.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #65
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
OP updated with details, thanks mods!



I call that area the 'notch'. One of my favorite sections. It can be brutal when muddy. That section isn't that bad if you can make it past the beginning. I've seen stockers on the 16" steelies make it through there though.

That's the place all right. After going around several times and not even giving it a try, the first time I took it on, I had a steering box bolt fall out. Thank goodness there was a replacement bolt less than two hours away (round trip). Two hours and 15 minutes later, I did that trail. What a day!
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #66
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Was just scrolling through threads before work and noticed something pale with no hair!

Congrats Rick
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
Aftahour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: murrieta/irvine, ca
Posts: 539
Rick. I must withdrawal from sat. Enjoy all.
Aftahour is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #68
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Was just scrolling through threads before work and noticed something pale with no hair!

Congrats Rick
Thanks Lorie, though that could be describing myself or the baby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftahour View Post
Rick. I must withdrawal from sat. Enjoy all.
Noted, see you next time.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #69
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post

Thanks Lorie, though that could be describing myself or the baby...

e.
LOL true!! Funny!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #70
Jeeper
 
R8DRIZD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 768
Images: 4
Rick,

I would like to attend this Saturday. Please add me to the list.

Nick
__________________
_______ .............................._______
/l ,[____],..................................'[____]' l\
l---L -OlllllllO-..........................-OlllllllO- _l---l
()_) ()_)--o-)_) ,,,. ......... .. (_(-o--(_() (_()
R8DRIZD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #71
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
longnose 359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cherry Valley
Posts: 316
Rick, hope to make it, will let you know tomorrow.
longnose 359 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #72
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8DRIZD View Post
Rick,

I would like to attend this Saturday. Please add me to the list.

Nick
Right on Nick. See you Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose 359 View Post
Rick, hope to make it, will let you know tomorrow.
Cool Mark, hope you can make it.

Looks like the weather will be really nice Saturday.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #73
Jeeper
 
SkylarM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 159
Hey Rick, congrats on your latest spawn!
Put me down as a maybe. I'll definitely bee wheeling, and probably Cleghorn, just not sure if it will be with you or Sunday, since I'm trying to convince a coworker to get his stock Jeep out there it'll be whichever day he's free. Figure Cleghorn is a nice place to start because of the options.
SkylarM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
SkylarM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 159
And scratch that. We'll be out there Sunday, not Saturday if anybody wants to join! Have fun Rick.
SkylarM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #75
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post
Hey Rick, congrats on your latest spawn!
Put me down as a maybe. I'll definitely bee wheeling, and probably Cleghorn, just not sure if it will be with you or Sunday, since I'm trying to convince a coworker to get his stock Jeep out there it'll be whichever day he's free. Figure Cleghorn is a nice place to start because of the options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarM View Post
And scratch that. We'll be out there Sunday, not Saturday if anybody wants to join! Have fun Rick.
Thanks Skylar, next time.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #76
Jeeper
 
R8DRIZD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 768
Images: 4
Rick,

Not able to attend tomorrows run. I found this little surprise on the plug while changing my diff. fluid. Wont be wheel in until tax time.
__________________
_______ .............................._______
/l ,[____],..................................'[____]' l\
l---L -OlllllllO-..........................-OlllllllO- _l---l
()_) ()_)--o-)_) ,,,. ......... .. (_(-o--(_() (_()
R8DRIZD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
Randog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 252
Rick , sorry I'm late with congratulations. Dang, that kid looks just like you.
Randog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #78
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8DRIZD View Post
Rick,

Not able to attend tomorrows run. I found this little surprise on the plug while changing my diff. fluid. Wont be wheel in until tax time.
That sucks Nick! Definitely better to get that taken care of first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randog View Post
Rick , sorry I'm late with congratulations. Dang, that kid looks just like you.
Thanks Randy! Probably going to be tall. Dr said he's 92% in height compared to other babies his age. Who knows how those stats actually play out though.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #79
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
longnose 359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cherry Valley
Posts: 316
Rick, we'll see you in the morning. What did I win??
longnose 359 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
2acrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Murrieta,Ca
Posts: 112
Hey Rick I am in if there's room for another.
2acrawl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,281
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Hey Rick, going to have to bow out. Weather is calling for Santa Ana winds there with 50 MPH plus winds. Takes the fun out of it for me.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
mps12wrangler4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 44
I think I'm in, what time you guys meeting up?
mps12wrangler4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
2acrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Murrieta,Ca
Posts: 112
I believe 9:00 am at Cleghorn exit.
2acrawl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #84
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose 359 View Post
Rick, we'll see you in the morning. What did I win??
Right on Mark. I think I have some used gear oil for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2acrawl View Post
Hey Rick I am in if there's room for another.
Come on down Doyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdhurdler View Post
Hey Rick, going to have to bow out. Weather is calling for Santa Ana winds there with 50 MPH plus winds. Takes the fun out of it for me.

Jeff
Ok Jeff, see you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps12wrangler4x4 View Post
I think I'm in, what time you guys meeting up?
9:00 AM meet is correct. Hope you can make it.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
mps12wrangler4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 44
Count me in, still stock since I ran Cleghorn a year ago, but I just gotta get on the trails
mps12wrangler4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps12wrangler4x4 View Post
Count me in, still stock since I ran Cleghorn a year ago, but I just gotta get on the trails
Right on. I remember you -- brought the guy with the Raptor. I still want one of those.

Plus, you can tell me why I suck so much on COD.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #87
Jeeper
 
mps12wrangler4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 44
Lol, yup that Raptor, bad ass. The new COD is terrible, haven't even prestiged yet, been playing extinction.
mps12wrangler4x4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #88
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 297
Hey Rick, I was able to make time for tomorrow. Do you have room for one more
Joe.
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #89
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchoueiry View Post
Hey Rick, I was able to make time for tomorrow. Do you have room for one more
Joe.
Always room for more. See you tomorrow Joe.
suicideking is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #90
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8DRIZD View Post
Rick, Not able to attend tomorrows run. I found this little surprise on the plug while changing my diff. fluid. Wont be wheel in until tax time.
ouch!

__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC