Cleghorn 12/14 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Arrow Cleghorn 12/14

Anyone up for a Cleghorn run? I haven't been out since the Calico run at the beginning of last month.

The timing will be may the weekend of the 14th or 21st depending on when the 'boss' wants to kick me out for a bit.

I'm at the hospital right now waiting for baby #3 to be born. His name is Cole. Been a long couple of days.

I will be bringing my oldest, Luke. He's 5 as of yesterday (12/4). It will be his first run, so I may be taking it a bit slow and easy. I want to do Cleghorn because it's close to me + if he gets freaked out I can take the fire road.

The plan:
Meet at the Cleghorn exit at 9:00 AM will head to the trail when everyone is ready. If there is time, we may continue on to 2N17X (pilot rock).



Meet time: 9:00 AM
Meet Place: Cleghorn exit off the 15
CB Channel: 37


No drinking on the trails. Save it for afterwards please!

Suggested Equipment:
First aid kit
Spare tire
Recovery strap
CB Radio

In:
Suicideking
XJ Phil +3
Longnose
2acrawl
mpswrangler4x4
sjchoueiry
Sinisterphoto

Maybe:
Billg.OTD
sean.royalty
Oceansize
One sicc jk 13
csumjr
proride
djr2013

suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Born 4:11 am, 7lbs 12oz

suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,146
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Awesome Rick! Congrats on the new addition.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,031
That's great Rick, congrats on the new addition to the family!!!
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - Victorville, CA
Posts: 804
High 5 to you and your bride. Kids are a blessing for sure
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
longnose 359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cherry Valley
Posts: 247
Congrats to you and the wife. Way to plan ahead and not buy a 2-door.
longnose 359 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - Victorville, CA
Posts: 804
I will be bringing my oldest, Luke. He's 5 as of yesterday (12/4). It will be his first run, so I may be taking it a bit slow and easy. I want to do Cleghorn because it's close to me + if he gets freaked out I can take the fire road.[/QUOTE]


He probably won't freak out. "A" can he even see over the seatback to be afraid? "B" Most 5 year old's have jumbo nads (or just don't understand when they should be afraid).

PS.....Happy B/D Luke
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
R8DRIZD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 668
Images: 4
Congratulations Rick!
__________________
_______ .............................._______
/l ,[____],..................................'[____]' l\
l---L -OlllllllO-..........................-OlllllllO- _l---l
()_) ()_)--o-)_) ,,,. ......... .. (_(-o--(_() (_()
R8DRIZD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
One sicc jk 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 41
Congrats Rick and I'm always down for cleghorn
One sicc jk 13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Oceansize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 19
I'd be down for Cleghorn, I love that place. Although everytime I go, I come back with a new squeak, clunk, or rattle to hunt down. :-P

Either date works for me.

Congrats on the new baby, Rick, and don't forget the cigars! :-P

These are my two fave Cleghorn pics so far. The first one because it was the first pic taken of the (stock) Barrycon while off pavement, and shows what a stock Rubi can do. The other is my buddy Jason, the guy who talked me into this expensive hobby. I love this pic because he's getting this amount of flex with a 2.5" lift and 35's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-558291257.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	569610   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1626002548.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	569626  

Oceansize is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Aftahour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: murrieta/irvine, ca
Posts: 460
Congrats Rick. I might be a maybe also. Depends on the boss too
Aftahour is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,710
I won't be going to Cleghorn, but wanted to say congratulations on the new arrival. I love the name Cole and tell Luke happy 5th birthday
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,567
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
I won't be going to Cleghorn, but wanted to say congratulations on the new arrival. I love the name Cole and tell Luke happy 5th birthday
X2. Couldn't have said it better myself.
JeepHerz is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Thanks all for the well wishes! Mom, baby and myself are all exhausted! I was able to go home and get some brief sleep. Hoping to bring mother and baby home today.

All went smoothly once momma got her pain meds. Things were a little hectic up until that point. When I wrote the OP, was shortly after the epidural and we both fell asleep for a few minutes. After that, the birth was very easy. They didn't even have time to call the dr in. I'll spare all the details, but essentially the nurse wasn't ready or expecting it to start and end so fast. She had to hold the head while I hit the call button to get the Dr and other nurses in.

Baby was in NICU for a standard 4 hours because of fluid ingestion. Completely healthy with zero problems.

Looking forward to eventually bringing him wheeling.

suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 273
Congrats Rick to you and your family. Wish you the best.
Joe.
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
longnose 359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cherry Valley
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Thanks all for the well wishes! Mom, baby and myself are all exhausted! I was able to go home and get some brief sleep. Hoping to bring mother and baby home today.

All went smoothly once momma got her pain meds. Things were a little hectic up until that point. When I wrote the OP, was shortly after the epidural and we both fell asleep for a few minutes. After that, the birth was very easy. They didn't even have time to call the dr in. I'll spare all the details, but essentially the nurse wasn't ready or expecting it to start and end so fast. She had to hold the head while I hit the call button to get the Dr and other nurses in.

Baby was in NICU for a standard 4 hours because of fluid ingestion. Completely healthy with zero problems.

Looking forward to eventually bringing him wheeling.

You weren't at Redlands hospital were you? Sounds like a remake of my grandsons birth a couple months ago. The nurse was telling my daughter not to push while they located the docter. He must take a lot of smoke breaks. I'm glad all is well. Mark.
longnose 359 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
ljorange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking
Thanks all for the well wishes! Mom, baby and myself are all exhausted! I was able to go home and get some brief sleep. Hoping to bring mother and baby home today.

All went smoothly once momma got her pain meds. Things were a little hectic up until that point. When I wrote the OP, was shortly after the epidural and we both fell asleep for a few minutes. After that, the birth was very easy. They didn't even have time to call the dr in. I'll spare all the details, but essentially the nurse wasn't ready or expecting it to start and end so fast. She had to hold the head while I hit the call button to get the Dr and other nurses in.

Baby was in NICU for a standard 4 hours because of fluid ingestion. Completely healthy with zero problems.

Looking forward to eventually bringing him wheeling.

Congrats to you & your family Rick!!!
ljorange is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
csumjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pomona, California
Posts: 272
Congrats....Jeeper. I want in...set the date, and I'll be there....
__________________
A Madman, with a Jeep....
csumjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Zombiehunta666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Born 4:11 am, 7lbs 12oz
Congrats buddy!
__________________
@zombifiedoffroad
*|||||||*
Zombiehunta666 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
TheDesertOutlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,544
Congratulations on the newest member of your family!!
__________________
Tomb Raider #815 - 2003 1/2 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon w/4" Pro Comp/Metal Cloak dbl adj arms, Pro-Comp MX-6, Daystar BL, K&N FIPK II w/Air Raid, ViAir Extreme OBA, Currie Steering, Black Rock D909s, 35" BFG KM2 -- BUILT FOR BAJA
4" 33" to 35"
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/1517457_10203416408666416_5192773015714389607_n.jp  g
TheDesertOutlaw is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose 359 View Post
You weren't at Redlands hospital were you? Sounds like a remake of my grandsons birth a couple months ago. The nurse was telling my daughter not to push while they located the docter. He must take a lot of smoke breaks. I'm glad all is well. Mark.
Riverside Community. We were really happy with the nurse. The baby popping out at that particular moment wasn't expected.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post

He probably won't freak out. "A" can he even see over the seatback to be afraid? "B" Most 5 year old's have jumbo nads (or just don't understand when they should be afraid).

PS.....Happy B/D Luke
The main thing I'm worried about is that he gets car sick really easy. I'll have to give him a pill for it or something. Also hoping he doesn't get bored after 30 minutes.

Hopefully he will have a blast. I'd like to start taking him wheeling + probably easier to get my wife to agree with me leaving for the day if I'm taking him.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Zombiehunta666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
The main thing I'm worried about is that he gets car sick really easy. I'll have to give him a pill for it or something. Also hoping he doesn't get bored after 30 minutes. Hopefully he will have a blast. I'd like to start taking him wheeling + probably easier to get my wife to agree with me leaving for the day if I'm taking him.
My 5 and 7 year got board in 15 min just going through Holcomb valley on a forest road. They freak out going up any incline or over any pebble. Good luck!
__________________
@zombifiedoffroad
*|||||||*
Zombiehunta666 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,710
I started telling Caleb the Jeep is supposed to go over bumps, every speed bump I make a big deal and he cracks up. We go over the curb in the driveway and he says bump and laughs. Mike took him up a hill at my dads and he loved it, he keeps telling me, "the Jeep goes on the rock Granma". I think he's been well prepared for a real off road adventure.....I hope, haha.
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Zombiehunta666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,602
Hey suicideking check out this video. Did doran at night with hotshot and SkylarM.

It's long but first 10 min is good.

http://youtu.be/nwILE1gnOII
__________________
@zombifiedoffroad
*|||||||*
Zombiehunta666 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiehunta666 View Post
My 5 and 7 year got board in 15 min just going through Holcomb valley on a forest road. They freak out going up any incline or over any pebble. Good luck!
I'm hoping he can handle it, but that's why I'm going to try Cleghorn. If he really doesn't like it, I'll just take the fire road to the end (or back to the beginning). Now that he's in a booster seat, won't be as bad as his old car seat that would be much more wobbly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
I started telling Caleb the Jeep is supposed to go over bumps, every speed bump I make a big deal and he cracks up. We go over the curb in the driveway and he says bump and laughs. Mike took him up a hill at my dads and he loved it, he keeps telling me, "the Jeep goes on the rock Granma". I think he's been well prepared for a real off road adventure.....I hope, haha.
How old is Caleb?

I've been preparing Luke for some wheeling to. Mostly telling him about how he's going to love it, etc. I think he'll do alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiehunta666 View Post
Hey suicideking check out this video. Did doran at night with hotshot and SkylarM.

It's long but first 10 min is good.

Calico Doran Night Run 11 29 13 - YouTube
Cool video! I need to get some lights so I can do night runs.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Ok, I'd like to do this next Saturday the 14th, but wife had a surprise party planned for Luke. She's going to try to move the party to Sunday. Will hopefully be able to set a date this Monday.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,710
Caleb is 2 1/2. He is young enough to not understand scary things yet, everything is just fun.

Although, if he's like his mother he will never learn fear. From the time she was 8 she drove me crazy wanting to jump off Pismo Pier!! She was on a swim team an Jr. lifeguard and they wouldn't allow the pier jump until they were 10 so for 2 years I heard about it. I figured she would chicken out, nope, her 10th birthday the lifeguard took her for her jump. She also got certified to scuba at 12. There's a good chance Caleb will be wheeling in his own Jeep at 16-17 years old
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Caleb is 2 1/2. He is young enough to not understand scary things yet, everything is just fun.

Although, if he's like his mother he will never learn fear. From the time she was 8 she drove me crazy wanting to jump off Pismo Pier!! She was on a swim team an Jr. lifeguard and they wouldn't allow the pier jump until they were 10 so for 2 years I heard about it. I figured she would chicken out, nope, her 10th birthday the lifeguard took her for her jump. She also got certified to scuba at 12. There's a good chance Caleb will be wheeling in his own Jeep at 16-17 years old
Yeah, don't think I'd be doing that pier jump. Just not crazy about heights.

I have a 2 1/2 year old too, Grant. He likes riding in the Jeep and always wants his window down, always asking to see Jeep pics.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,064
The date has been confirmed: Saturday the 14th at 9:00 AM, Cleghorn exit.

suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC