Desert Rats: Looking for High Desert Jeepers - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
Cool Desert Rats: Looking for High Desert Jeepers

Looking for Jeepers in the High Desert to hit the trails with. I've noticed the majority of Jeepers on the forum are from down the hill ... which makes it hard to put runs together last minute ...

Wanted to give us desert rats a spot to set up runs or just BS.

JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
Looking for Jeepers in the High Desert to hit the trails with. I've noticed the majority of Jeepers on the forum are from down the hill ... which makes it hard to put runs together last minute ...

Wanted to give us desert rats a spot to set up runs or just BS.
Where you located JoeBot?

__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
I'm down by Barstow
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
I'm down by Barstow
That's not too far from Ridgecrest I guess. We usually have stuff going on but if you give us a heads up, we normally can get 4-6 jeeps together. Keep an eye on this forum.

Stan
__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
Yeah definitely ... I'd love to get up to Last Chance/Nightmare Gulch sometime!
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,177
you have a crew over at Cailico right now. What are doing posting, get wheelin.
DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
lol ... I have to work this weekend ... I hit Calico last week!
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
ChuckMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Apple Valley here... Hope to have the heep up and ready for a test run next weekend. My hydro set up gets here Tuesday.. I'm familiar with Barstow area. Grew up there and spent alot of time in the Dez there and Death Valley. Want to spend some time this winter North of the 15 towards Vegas. Also just saw info on Winter on the Rocks in St George the end of Jan. Looks cool.
ChuckMRN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMRN View Post
Apple Valley here... Hope to have the heep up and ready for a test run next weekend. My hydro set up gets here Tuesday.. I'm familiar with Barstow area. Grew up there and spent alot of time in the Dez there and Death Valley. Want to spend some time this winter North of the 15 towards Vegas. Also just saw info on Winter on the Rocks in St George the end of Jan. Looks cool.
Hey Chuck, could you send me a link to the St. George run? I wheeled there a few months back and loved it there.

Thanks,
Stan
__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
ChuckMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Their flyer is still from last year, but thier FB page is up to date..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter...43621179016084
ChuckMRN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
Heck yeah that looks pretty awesome ... it's only about 4 hours from here too ... probably can even talk the wife into going!
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal 805
Posts: 920
Couple more hours from st george and you can hit moab. I am trying to start planning for moab in early 2013. Do not want to go to a major event like ejs just s road trip with some socal'rs.
Xjman1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal 805
Posts: 920
This run does look fin though and i have never wheeled that area. Sister used to live there and i always said i wanted to explore it so may just hit this with you all and postpone moab another year.
Xjman1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
ChuckMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
If I go the wife will def be going too. Trying to coordinate the days off right now.
ChuckMRN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
We don't pick training back up until Feb ... Moab would be an awesome trip too ... probably more towards spring though ... hell at least that way it would be after taxes and I would have new rubber and my BB on ...
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xjman1 View Post
Couple more hours from st george and you can hit moab. I am trying to start planning for moab in early 2013. Do not want to go to a major event like ejs just s road trip with some socal'rs.
6-7 hours more to Moab I believe.
__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMRN View Post
Their flyer is still from last year, but thier FB page is up to date..

Winter On The Rocks | Facebook
Thanks!
__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #18
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientpath View Post
Thanks!
Have to keep this run on simmer. Gotta feeling the system we just failed will be back for a second run by then and we will be back at testing.

This work thing interferes alot.
DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK View Post
Have to keep this run on simmer. Gotta feeling the system we just failed will be back for a second run by then and we will be back at testing.

This work thing interferes alot.
How many sick days ya got Dave?
__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,177
Have quite a few "sick days" the problem is my company is one deep in what I do, me! Gov't has a padiwon in training to assist me as needed but he is fresh from school. How fresh? Still wears his letterman jacket to work, that is how fresh. Good kid, smart, just needs some "agin".

Just have to see how this rolls. Way time is flying by it will be here soon enough.
DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
jeff_in_rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,392
Hello from another desert rat in Ridgecrest! There always seems to be someone doing Last chance and Nightmare on here so keep an eye on this forum. Another run would be Goler Wash which is east of LCC.
__________________
2004 RED TJ Rubicon
Member of the Gear Grinders 4WD Club
jeff_in_rc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
91badass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 335
Im in victorville, we're gonna do calico in a dec, i'll hit you up.
__________________
05 Unlimited Rubicon, 37's, 5.5 Rock Krawler long arm
91badass is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
Hello from another desert rat in Ridgecrest! There always seems to be someone doing Last chance and Nightmare on here so keep an eye on this forum. Another run would be Goler Wash which is east of LCC.

Jeff, that is Goler GULCH, Goler Wash is out in DV on the way to Manson's last stand. One issue with being out here, places all named either the same or close to the same.
DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
jeff_in_rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,392
Talking Hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK View Post
Jeff, that is Goler GULCH, Goler Wash is out in DV on the way to Manson's last stand. One issue with being out here, places all named either the same or close to the same.
Well, I have always been told by the locals that I rode dirt bikes with it was Goler Wash, well what do you expect from dirt bikers! JK JK

So I looked it up on my Friends Of Jawbone map and lo and behold, it's Goler Gulch! Thanks DAK, I stand corrected, well actually I'm sitting down right now....LOL
__________________
2004 RED TJ Rubicon
Member of the Gear Grinders 4WD Club
jeff_in_rc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
Are we talking about the run that Yomondo is putting together on 12/1? ... I'm gonna try to hit that run up with my family!
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
jeff_in_rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
Are we talking about the run that Yomondo is putting together on 12/1? ... I'm gonna try to hit that run up with my family!
Yep that's the one. I have wheeled with Yomondo before and he is a great guy and even tho your stock he will help guide you and keep you as safe as he can. Like always there are no guaranties when 4 wheeling, it's all up to you to judge what's best for you.

If you have any questions just ask away on his post, he will gladly answer any and all questions. If you make it have a great time!
__________________
2004 RED TJ Rubicon
Member of the Gear Grinders 4WD Club
jeff_in_rc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
Yep that's the one. I have wheeled with Yomondo before and he is a great guy and even tho your stock he will help guide you and keep you as safe as he can. Like always there are no guaranties when 4 wheeling, it's all up to you to judge what's best for you.

If you have any questions just ask away on his post, he will gladly answer any and all questions. If you make it have a great time!
lol i've been wheelin' for a while ... I accept all the damage I inflict on my rig ... now when my wife scratches it like when she dropped my hard top along the side ... then it's mandatory I give her shit for the next couple years ... but when I do it it's just battle scars
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
jeff_in_rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
lol i've been wheelin' for a while ... I accept all the damage I inflict on my rig ... now when my wife scratches it like when she dropped my hard top along the side ... then it's mandatory I give her shit for the next couple years ... but when I do it it's just battle scars
That was great!

Yea I got a few dents and bent my front bumper all to hell but that is why I got a used Jeep and not a new one. That and I don't want the payment!

Found a used TJ bumper and got it for free so I am happy. Now I have to re-mount my tow bar brackets. Just one more thing on "the" list!
__________________
2004 RED TJ Rubicon
Member of the Gear Grinders 4WD Club
jeff_in_rc is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Ancientpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca.
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK View Post
Jeff, that is Goler GULCH, Goler Wash is out in DV on the way to Manson's last stand. One issue with being out here, places all named either the same or close to the same.
Must be an in-bred thing
__________________
Is it possible to see heaven while driving a piece of it?
Ancientpath is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,141
Joebot... Like we had talked before...I think I'm one of the closer dezert ratz to u...give me a shout ...I'll wheel anytime!

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC