Flop on Cleghorn - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #31
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDynamite View Post
Been there, Done that
Wow that looks kinda intense.

Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I hate to see anyone flop. Cause I know without a doubt my picture will be up there some day.
My thoughts exactly.

I say be-careful about being overly sarcastic, Karma has a way of biting you right in the ass.

hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #33
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Wow that looks kinda intense.
Not Really, It all happened in slow-motion. haha That was years ago... Sold it about 6 years ago, missed it so much I had to get a '13 JK
WhiteDynamite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #34
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
We drove by rite after he floped, no one said he needed help tho. Would have helped I had everything too.
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #35
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
If the guy that owns this sees this PM me and I'll show you how to make $5 quick disconnects ...
Sorry to hijack but I've had quite a few PMs about this, so I started a thread.

DIY $10 Quick Disconnects
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #36
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I hate to see anyone flop. Cause I know without a doubt my picture will be up there some day.
I hear that. I've gotten a little tippy a few times. Luckily I was able to get out of it. Hopefully I will be able to avoid it in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I think I know the spot. Yup that spots pretty rough for stock Jeeps with no flex.
I've seen stockers make it through without any problems, but those are usually guys with a little experience. If anyone seems skittish at all, I tell them to skip that area and the whole pucker section with the flipped over crispy truck.

The one thing I have noticed about Jeeps flopping is that they usually drive away with little damage. At least that's a little encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damndirtydog View Post
Thank you suicideking for that. I was having a bad night at work and now I can't stop laughing.
Poor little jeep, his little 31" tires flailing in the air and it looks like he put his drivers side fender out to try to stop his fall.
I'm glad only the drivers pride was hurt.
Glad to brighten your day. Kind of the Monday from hell at my work too. Ugh!
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
That was nice of you to blur out his face
I would hope someone would do the same for me if I crash..
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,806
Images: 21
I think I know my next mod. I am scratching "NOT JEEPHERZ" on my bright red skid plate.
So when Rick takes a picture of my Jeep flopped over no one will ever suspect it was me....
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post

I would hope someone would do the same for me if I crash..
Not gonna happen if I'm around ima get a close up on the face !!!
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #40
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
We drove by rite after he floped, no one said he needed help tho. Would have helped I had everything too.
How did y'all drive past? He was blocking the whole section of trail lol
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
Sikwitit328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: A.V
Posts: 135
Send a message via Yahoo to Sikwitit328
Wow I always thought of cleghorn as a pretty simple, fun trail. But I was there on the 23rd of feb. and long and behold I found a yj on his side as well. Helped him get back on his four feet and he was good to go. U gotta stop and ask if they need help, I'm guessing this guy was pretty embarrassed to speak up lol. I would post pics but they are in my phone that I broke out there that day
Sikwitit328 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #42
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
I think I know my next mod. I am scratching "NOT JEEPHERZ" on my bright red skid plate.
So when Rick takes a picture of my Jeep flopped over no one will ever suspect it was me....
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #43
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
I think I know my next mod. I am scratching "NOT JEEPHERZ" on my bright red skid plate.
So when Rick takes a picture of my Jeep flopped over no one will ever suspect it was me....
As long as you pay the 'fee' like this guy, I'll blur out your face too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post
Not gonna happen if I'm around ima get a close up on the face !!!
If I flopped, I'd probably be having people take pics with my camera and send them out as Christmas cards.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #44
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,228
I think Big Vic took use thru there the other day. It was muddy and really interesting trying to keep the tires on the side of the hill. I know we hit a lot of those and they all were muddy.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #45
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
As long as you pay the 'fee' like this guy, I'll blur out your face too!



If I flopped, I'd probably be having people take pics with my camera and send them out as Christmas cards.

Nobodys around when you make it through some awesome section of trail looking like John Currie at the hammers...but flop once and EVERYONE has a damn camera....ask me how I know.....
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
I think I know my next mod. I am scratching "NOT JEEPHERZ" on my bright red skid plate.
So when Rick takes a picture of my Jeep flopped over no one will ever suspect it was me....

Too Funny


Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
As long as you pay the 'fee' like this guy, I'll blur out your face too!



If I flopped, I'd probably be having people take pics with my camera and send them out as Christmas cards.
What a great idea
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Nobodys around when you make it through some awesome section of trail looking like John Currie at the hammers...but flop once and EVERYONE has a damn camera....ask me how I know.....
Cough... Dishpan... Cough...

Well Bill, at least you flopped on a legitimate section of a harder trail. Someone says 'hey I flopped on the big waterfall at Dishpan'. People say, oh yeah, I can see that happening.

When you flop on Cleghorn though, people are saying 'Really? Cleghorn? Didn't think that was possible... WTF?'
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,228
Geez now I gotta go flop my jeep so I can have a christmas card picture. Gonna be an expensive card this year.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post

Cough... Dishpan... Cough...

Well Bill, at least you flopped on a legitimate section of a harder trail. Someone says 'hey I flopped on the big waterfall at Dishpan'. People say, oh yeah, I can see that happening.

When you flop on Cleghorn though, people are saying 'Really? Cleghorn? Didn't think that was possible... WTF?'
Hey cleghorn has its pucker sections I love that place
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post
Hey cleghorn has its pucker sections I love that place
I completely agree with you. Think I've done it 5 times or so in the last few months. Losing count this year.

I also don't get why people say it's so easy. Maybe they're skipping all the spurs?

Every time I go I usually have at least one part where I almost wet myself... With all the ruts and erosion after storms and trail use, it gets pretty sketchy in some parts.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
I completely agree with you. Think I've done it 5 times or so in the last few months. Losing count this year.

I also don't get why people say it's so easy. Maybe they're skipping all the spurs?

Every time I go I usually have at least one part where I almost wet myself... With all the ruts and erosion after storms and trail use, it gets pretty sketchy in some parts.
exactly my thoughts take every off shoot and no fire road!!
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,228
These in the snow and mud 2 weeks ago following Big Vic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cleghorn 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	218333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cleghorn 3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	218334  

Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #53
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,998
I've been down there twice, you just have to pick the right lines and the off camber stuff is the only pucker factor really.
iwaxmyjimmy is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 7,228
This guy has some seat cover missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cleghorn 5.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	218342  
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #55
Rocking YJ

WF Supporting Member
 
minisaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 832
Images: 3
This was on my first time on cleghorn. I was waiting stopped for a second and the mud started to give. Next thing i know i am almost on my side. The scariest part was that i had to level it without help because my buddies thought any movement might cause me to flop. Scariest 5min of my wheeling life.
minisaba is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
This was on my first time on cleghorn. I was waiting stopped for a second and the mud started to give. Next thing i know i am almost on my side. The scariest part was that i had to level it without help because my buddies thought any movement might cause me to flop. Scariest 5min of my wheeling life.
That's definitely a cheek clincher!! Wow looks like you can tip pretty far before it tips over , nice !!!
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #57
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013jeepjk View Post
That's definitely a cheek clincher!! Wow looks like you can tip pretty far before it tips over , nice !!!
That is definetely close to going over...
I was talking to a Jeeper that spends most of his time at hammers and he told me that when they have some free time they take a Jeep to a place that gradually moves to the point where you would go over, but they strap it so it cant and they take it to the "tip point" He said you would be amazed at how far a jeep will lean before going over...It would be fun and educational to try as long as you had the strap to keep you from going over..
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post

That is definetely close to going over...
I was talking to a Jeeper that spends most of his time at hammers and he told me that when they have some free time they take a Jeep to a place that gradually moves to the point where you would go over, but they strap it so it cant and they take it to the "tip point" He said you would be amazed at how far a jeep will lean before going over...It would be fun and educational to try as long as you had the strap to keep you from going over..
Oh ya I gotta try that just to get an idea of the limits !!
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #59
Rocking YJ

WF Supporting Member
 
minisaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 832
Images: 3
To me that experience had me nervous through out most of the trail that day. But every outing after that, I've been confident in the fact that i can lean my jeep pretty far before flopping it. Every tipping point is different, but being at that angle makes you have a sense to tell yourself when its enough. I definitely agree with you Bill that it would be fun and educational for people to experience this.
minisaba is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
That is definetely close to going over...
I was talking to a Jeeper that spends most of his time at hammers and he told me that when they have some free time they take a Jeep to a place that gradually moves to the point where you would go over, but they strap it so it cant and they take it to the "tip point" He said you would be amazed at how far a jeep will lean before going over...It would be fun and educational to try as long as you had the strap to keep you from going over..
Sounds like this should be Saturday night at the M&G ... lmao

JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC