Jeepers in their 20s - Page 8 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #211
Jeeper
 
Melodiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 8,396
Images: 3
Hooray for young jeep owners

Melodiii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #212
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
I was at cleghorn today with about 10 other jeeps did yall see us?

iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #213
Jeeper
 
JoeDoogN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodiii View Post
Hooray for young jeep owners
Not to many of us out there, but we're there! Lol
Are you in SoCal?
JoeDoogN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #214
Jeeper
 
JoeDoogN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy View Post
I was at cleghorn today with about 10 other jeeps did yall see us?
No sir, we didn't run into any groups of jeep.
JoeDoogN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #215
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Did yall see the jackass that flopped his?
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #216
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Thought I was gonna flop mine or rip my front end apart stalled at a 40• decline tipping on front driver and rear passenger! We had a handful of three wheel action today but that was some two wheel terror
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #217
Jeeper
 
Melodiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 8,396
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoogN View Post

Not to many of us out there, but we're there! Lol
Are you in SoCal?
SoCal??
Melodiii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #218
Jeeper
 
RadarRob2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodiii View Post

SoCal??
Southern California. SoCal. Cali. Paradise. Same place. Lol
RadarRob2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #219
Jeeper
 
Bu11et's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Bernardino, Ca
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Thought I was gonna flop mine or rip my front end apart stalled at a 40• decline tipping on front driver and rear passenger! We had a handful of three wheel action today but that was some two wheel terror
Ya I am so glad I turned around & went down to other way. Your back tire was like 2ft off the ground with 2 of us on the back. That was just not your day.
Bu11et is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #220
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
i know all about the three wheelin at cleghorn
heres my pic from a few months ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	217688  
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #221
Jeeper
 
2013jeepjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONT View Post
i know all about the three wheelin at cleghorn
heres my pic from a few months ago
Here's my three wheel action full stock swaybar still connected

Attachment 217689



Attachment 217690
__________________
JK ALL DAY !!!
2013jeepjk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #222
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
nice i'm still connected too i have to extend my brake lines before i can disconnect
theres way to much tension on them
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #223
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONT View Post
i know all about the three wheelin at cleghorn
heres my pic from a few months ago
Are you running disconnects up front?
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #224
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONT View Post
nice i'm still connected too i have to extend my brake lines before i can disconnect
theres way to much tension on them
You can pick up some drop brackets by synergy for $60, also check the routing on the WSS and you can get plenty of travel out of them. My crown brake lines were only $130 for front and rear and I'm running 12.5" travel shocks. Also I've got some rockkrawler disconnects I could sell you for $50. I'm ordering a lift and won't need those anymore. Also ditch the rear swaybar. You'll pick up some travel and it doesn't change the driveability of it either.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #225
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy View Post
You can pick up some drop brackets by synergy for $60, also check the routing on the WSS and you can get plenty of travel out of them. My crown brake lines were only $130 for front and rear and I'm running 12.5" travel shocks. Also I've got some rockkrawler disconnects I could sell you for $50. I'm ordering a lift and won't need those anymore. Also ditch the rear swaybar. You'll pick up some travel and it doesn't change the driveability of it either.

i have drop brackets that came with my lift
whats the wss?
id be interested in the disconnects id just like to get longer brake lines first
i just don't want to tear a brake line out on the trail
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #226
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Attached to your brake hoses(1/8th inch thick wire) on the front axle your wheel speed sensors also need to be rerouted in order to flex more.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #227
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
What size lift did you go with? Also you should be fine with your stock lines especially using the stock lower shock mounts.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #228
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy View Post
What size lift did you go with? Also you should be fine with your stock lines especially using the stock lower shock mounts.
procomp mx6 4in
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #229
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONT View Post

procomp mx6 4in
I'll look into it some tonight and get back to you. But what I'm thinking is with the brake line relocation brackets up front you should be fine if you can pull some slack out of them. Also the flip around funny and I suggest zip ties to the shock body to keep them in check.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #230
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
I looked more into it, and I've found your shocks are 8" travel ones, with a collapsed length of 16" and extended length is 24.5", thats from mounting point to mounting point. I'm more than sure with just the drop brackets you will have plenty of travel in the brake lines. So I wouldn't be to concerned with that at all. Just make sure the wheel speed sensor, unplug it from right behind the upper front coil bucket on both sides and route it over top of the knuckle and zip-tie it down to the top of it and use small zip-ties to guide it up the brake hose. You shouldn't have any trouble with this simple things.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #231
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
Ok thanks ill give it a shot
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #232
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
I can take some pics tomorrow for you if you'd like to get a better idea of what I mean.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #233
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
That b great thanks
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #234
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONT
i know all about the three wheelin at cleghorn
heres my pic from a few months ago
Haha it was kind of freaky. I was two wheeling! Teetering on DF and PR it was moving about 1-1.5 feel in the air. Wish I had pics. Not sure how I didn't shred ball joints
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #235
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Question... Mine has the electronic sway bar disconnect but I only see the unit on the front. Unless I'm blind, I don't have one in rear.. Does it really help? I was wondering why it's only in front. Hmm
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #236
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Question... Mine has the electronic sway bar disconnect but I only see the unit on the front. Unless I'm blind, I don't have one in rear.. Does it really help? I was wondering why it's only in front. Hmm
Engineers at jeep decided most people don't need to disconnect the rear sway bar. Some claim you need it or you'll flop, some say its so thin you don't notice it when flexing. You've got only an electronic disconnect on the front. My Rubicon has the same thing. I still have to disconnect my links manually bc my suspension droops so much.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #237
Jeeper
 
Idriveoverstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy

Engineers at jeep decided most people don't need to disconnect the rear sway bar. Some claim you need it or you'll flop, some say its so thin you don't notice it when flexing. You've got only an electronic disconnect on the front. My Rubicon has the same thing. I still have to disconnect my links manually bc my suspension droops so much.
That's what I noticed Sunday. I have a 3.5" rubicon express.. Is it a noticeable difference? Is it a flop hazard when wheeling is what you mean?
Idriveoverstuff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #238
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
iwaxmyjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft. Irwin
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post

That's what I noticed Sunday. I have a 3.5" rubicon express.. Is it a noticeable difference? Is it a flop hazard when wheeling is what you mean?
I was I'm some off camber stuff and had no problems with my rear sway bar in the dumpster, but I'm only about 2" lifted with Rubicon tires and wheels.

Edit: also I've taken some pretty hard corners and haven't noticed and excessive body roll.
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #239
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Haha it was kind of freaky. I was two wheeling! Teetering on DF and PR it was moving about 1-1.5 feel in the air. Wish I had pics. Not sure how I didn't shred ball joints
haha yeah ive done cleghorn tons of times of bikes and qauds and once in a jeep but this last time was way different
it wasn't the easy cruise i was expecting
we took every bypass we could find and i was pretty much teetering all day
there was 5 or 6 times i thought for sure i was flopping haha
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #240
Jeeper
 
Bu11et's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Bernardino, Ca
Posts: 138
Look what was waiting for me when I got home today. Can't wait to hear the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3389012772.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	218402  

Bu11et is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC