John Bull - May 25th - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #61
05 TJ

WF Supporting Member
 
K9HDLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 486
Hey Bill, take me off this list. I'm gonna meet up with the other group then I have to cut out earlier to get home for a BBQ. Catcha on the next one???

__________________
My partner Samson says do I get to go?
K9HDLR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,128
Hey Bill, will you please post a map of where we're meeting if you get a chance?

I'm looking forward to this run!!

Edit: Found this page, but not the best map:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/reports/c...ohn-bull-3n10/

suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #63
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9HDLR View Post
Hey Bill, take me off this list. I'm gonna meet up with the other group then I have to cut out earlier to get home for a BBQ. Catcha on the next one???
No problem Andy, we will have plenty of runs upcoming...Catch you on another one...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #64
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Hey Bill, will you please post a map of where we're meeting if you get a chance?

I'm looking forward to this run!!

Edit: Found this page, but not the best map:

John Bull (3N10) | MJR: Jeep Trail Reports & Maps
Yeah, I was just working on that. I think we have people coming up the hill from 330 and 38. I would like to be at the trailhead of 3no9 (Van Dusen) and Hwy 38 at 9am. We can air down there and head in. I will be heading up 38 starting from hwy 38 and Wabash ave in Redlands at 7:45 if anybody wants to join me (there is a McDs that I grab breakfast at)

For those heading up 330, you will need to take 330 to 18 to 38 and take that across the north side of the lake to Van Dusen road. You can meet at the start of 330 if you want to go as a group. Let me know if there are questions... Should be a great day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3N10.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	251903  
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Yeah, I was just working on that. I think we have people coming up the hill from 330 and 38. I would like to be at the trailhead of 3no9 (Van Dusen) and Hwy 38 at 9am. We can air down there and head in. I will be heading up 38 starting from hwy 38 and Wabash ave in Redlands at 7:45 if anybody wants to join me (there is a McDs that I grab breakfast at)

For those heading up 330, you will need to take 330 to 18 to 38 and take that across the north side of the lake to Van Dusen road. You can meet at the start of 330 if you want to go as a group. Let me know if there are questions... Should be a great day!

Cool, I'll meet you at the MC D's at 7:45!
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Yeah, I was just working on that. I think we have people coming up the hill from 330 and 38. I would like to be at the trailhead of 3no9 (Van Dusen) and Hwy 38 at 9am. We can air down there and head in. I will be heading up 38 starting from hwy 38 and Wabash ave in Redlands at 7:45 if anybody wants to join me (there is a McDs that I grab breakfast at)

For those heading up 330, you will need to take 330 to 18 to 38 and take that across the north side of the lake to Van Dusen road. You can meet at the start of 330 if you want to go as a group. Let me know if there are questions... Should be a great day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Cool, I'll meet you at the MC D's at 7:45!
Do you guys know the address of Mc D? I'll meet you at 7:45 too.

Edit: Is this the correct one?

McDonald's
1796 E Lugonia Ave, Redlands, CA
(909) 389-9484 ‎
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy1rubi View Post
Do you guys know the address of Mc D? I'll meet you at 7:45 too.

Edit: Is this the correct one?

McDonald's
1796 E Lugonia Ave, Redlands, CA
(909) 389-9484 ‎
That's the one Gary...if you guys plan on getting something, 745 is the time we should be on the road so allow time for that, I will probably just drive through.. its about 1:15 minutes to trail head
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #68
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Cool, I'll meet you at the MC D's at 7:45!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy1rubi View Post
Do you guys know the address of Mc D? I'll meet you at 7:45 too.

Edit: Is this the correct one?

McDonald's
1796 E Lugonia Ave, Redlands, CA
(909) 389-9484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
That's the one Gary...if you guys plan on getting something, 745 is the time we should be on the road so allow time for that, I will probably just drive through.. its about 1:15 minutes to trail head
I will be at McDonalds at 7:30. I have the girlfriend coming this trip, I hope I can get her out the door by 6am. I am glad I don't have to drive all the way back to S.D. after a long day of wheeling. My buddy has the Lake Arrowhead cabin this weekend.

On Sunday I might actually get my butt out of the seat and hike some trails. I haven't been hiking since I bought the Jeep.

If anyone has any good ideas for hiking trails in the area (close to water preferably) please let me know.
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #69
DjA
Jeeper
 
DjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Redlands/Big Bear CA
Posts: 233
I'll meet you at the McDonald's too, since I can pretty much see it from my house.
DjA is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #70
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
I will be at McDonalds at 7:30. I have the girlfriend coming this trip, I hope I can get her out the door by 6am.
Good luck with that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
I am glad I don't have to drive all the way back to S.D. after a long day of wheeling. My buddy has the Lake Arrowhead cabin this weekend.
Very nice...better keep that friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
On Sunday I might actually get my butt out of the seat and hike some trails. I haven't been hiking since I bought the Jeep.
If anyone has any good ideas for hiking trails in the area (close to water preferably) please let me know.
A couple areas come to mind, Deep Creek or Devils Hole. They both have areas you can swim in...the Pacific crest trail is in the area and doesn't allow bikes..
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #71
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjA View Post
I'll meet you at the McDonald's too, since I can pretty much see it from my house.
If you get lost just call me...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
A couple areas come to mind, Deep Creek or Devils Hole. They both have areas you can swim in...the Pacific crest trail is in the area and doesn't allow bikes..[/QUOTE]

My friend mentioned Deep Creek also. Thanks
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #73
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
A couple areas come to mind, Deep Creek or Devils Hole. They both have areas you can swim in...the Pacific crest trail is in the area and doesn't allow bikes..
My friend mentioned Deep Creek also. Thanks[/QUOTE]

From Arrowhead you'll want to use Hook Creek Dr in Cedar Glen down by the dam...
Jensen's market is on the corner ..."Hwy 173 & Hook Creek Dr"...

Run Hook Creek rd till you see Deep Creek...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
My friend mentioned Deep Creek also. Thanks
From Arrowhead you'll want to use Hook Creek Dr in Cedar Glen down by the dam...
Jensen's market is on the corner ..."Hwy 173 & Hook Creek Dr"...

Run Hook Creek rd till you see Deep Creek...[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve. That made it easy to find on google maps.
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #75
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,187
Right on...!

Did you know that Deep Creek used be a place that was loved by the nudists...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #76
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,128
Mark, also checkout this thread and the link to the thread on MJR:

Hike to swimming hole Friday of 7th anuual M&G

I'd be hitting up that area if I wanted a hike. Looks like fun! Someday when my kids are old enough, I want to checkout that area.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Right on...!

Did you know that Deep Creek used be a place that was loved by the nudists...
Is this knowledge from personal expierences?
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #78
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
Is this knowledge from personal expierences?
Lets just say my buddies and I rode are trail 50s around there alot as kids....Bwah ha ha ..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #79
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Mark, also checkout this thread and the link to the thread on MJR:

Hike to swimming hole Friday of 7th anuual M&G

I'd be hitting up that area if I wanted a hike. Looks like fun! Someday when my kids are old enough, I want to checkout that area.
Rick if you or anyone on the forum is interested in going to this spot.."Leeds Point" as we used to call it....this summer I'd be more then happy to take you there...its a great spot..
This is also the spot of the ol nudist area back in the 70's ...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
hwy1rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 643
Looks like McDs is going to be busy around 7:30. More good fun with great friends, can't wait.
hwy1rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Mark, also checkout this thread and the link to the thread on MJR:

Hike to swimming hole Friday of 7th anuual M&G

I'd be hitting up that area if I wanted a hike. Looks like fun! Someday when my kids are old enough, I want to checkout that area.
Rick thanks for pointing this out. Looks like a great place. I might have to check it out this weekend depending on how much hiking the girls are willing to take on.
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Rick if you or anyone on the forum is interested in going to this spot.."Leeds Point" as we used to call it....this summer I'd be more then happy to take you there...its a great spot..
This is also the spot of the ol nudist area back in the 70's ...
I am interested in going this summer with or without making it there this weekend.

Maybe you can post up a hybrid run this summer.
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Rick if you or anyone on the forum is interested in going to this spot.."Leeds Point" as we used to call it....this summer I'd be more then happy to take you there...its a great spot..
This is also the spot of the ol nudist area back in the 70's ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
I am interested in going this summer with or without making it there this weekend.

Maybe you can post up a hybrid run this summer.
Yeah, we should hit it up sometime in the summer! I was going to say at the M&G, but saw that it was scheduled when you're busy Steve.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #84
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Yeah, we should hit it up sometime in the summer! I was going to say at the M&G, but saw that it was scheduled when you're busy Steve.
Hey...sounds like a plan...there's also another really nice water/swimming/rock jumping hole to the east of were the road crosses over Deep Creek its about a half mile hike but worth the effort .....really nice spot!

Sorry Bill for drifting the thread off topic ..
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #85
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Hey...sounds like a plan...there's also another really nice water/swimming/rock jumping hole to the east of were the road crosses over Deep Creek its about a half mile hike but worth the effort .....really nice spot!

Sorry Bill for drifting the thread off topic ..
No worries at all...in fact sounds like something we should plan when it gets nice and hot here in the IE....

Btw, It Looks like Dan will be joining us on Saturday...he's too busy tending to Tamey and riding his bicycle to get on the forum..
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post

No worries at all...in fact sounds like something we should plan when it gets nice and hot here in the IE....

Btw, It Looks like Dan will be joining us on Saturday...he's too busy tending to Tamey and riding his bicycle to get on the forum..
Sweet. Will be an excellent run. Looking forward to it for sure.
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #87
Jeeper
 
OrangeJKjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 71
See you at McDonalds
OrangeJKjim is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #88
RossRacing7x

WF Supporting Member
 
Kota7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 93105, 92677, 92004
Posts: 1,519
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of all you guys. The Forest Adventure Passes just came in the mail today and made me want to go. Have fun, Be Safe, and Post Pictures!!!
__________________
Sure you can follow... If you can keep up!!!
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ 4.0
Kota7x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #89
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota7x View Post
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of all you guys. The Forest Adventure Passes just came in the mail today and made me want to go. Have fun, Be Safe, and Post Pictures!!!
Wish you were making it too Dakota! there will be more...

Since you cant make it and did such a great job at Holcomb, I will take out the Gopro and see what I can do...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #90
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 273
Hey Bill,
This is shaping up to be a great run. I can hardly wait, isn't it Saturday yet.
I'll see you guys at the meeting place at the trailhead of 3no9 (Van Dusen) and Hwy 38 at 9am.

I'll PM you my number just in case.

Joe.

sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC