john bull sat 9/8 - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Six Gun Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 239
Dang Brad, of course you would plan this on a weekend that I can't go. I have been dying to do this one. So close to me, but I never seem to connect with you guys on these.

Maybe next time.

__________________
Help Save Johnson Valley
Six Gun Matt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchoueiry View Post
I have a JK as well. I should be fine too, right Bill.
Yes you will be fine..in your JK...not just Kidding....and Dan doesnt have a JK, he was JK about that...He has a TJ as do I...No kidding...

BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Yes you will be fine..in your JK...not just Kidding....and Dan doesnt have a JK, he was JK about that...He has a TJ as do I...No kidding...
Now I'm confused. Good thing I'm not going on this run. JK.
__________________
Black 2009 Rubicon 2-Dr Auto | TF 3" lift and front lower CA's | JKS trackbars | 35" GY MT/R-K's | 17x9 M/T SS Classic II's | EVO Axle Sleeves and C Gussets | ARB diff covers | Skid Row evap can skid and front CA skids | Shrockworks bumpers and rock rails | Synergy Ball Joints, Tie Rod and grab handles | Warn 9.5ti | Pull-Pal | sPOD | Superchips Flashpaq | Dual Optima Yellow Tops | Cobra 29 LTD | 4' FireStick
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #34
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 560
Not really, Bill was JK because I have an LJ not a TJ. Although some say it's a TJU but still not a TJ. I still think its an LJ because I found a badge with LJ stamped in it, no JK!
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #35
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchoueiry View Post
Hi guys,
I might be able to make it for the day run.
Looking forward to seeing most of you again.
Hey, is this Joe who I met on the 2n17x run? Hope so. Look forward to wheelin with you again.
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM

Hey, is this Joe who I met on the 2n17x run? Hope so. Look forward to wheelin with you again.
You got it Dan. I'm looking forward to wheeling with you again.
I guess Bill is confusing the crowd with the JK issue, lol
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #37
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 560
He is always JK'ing around (even in his TJ).
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM
He is always JK'ing around (even in his TJ).
He's a joker, I know.
But we all love him, right ??
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #39
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Kaisertod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 223
I *may* be in... not sure if I will have time to get a checkup first. I'm thinking the new suspension might need to be shored up before attacking JB.
Kaisertod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisertod
I *may* be in... not sure if I will have time to get a checkup first. I'm thinking the new suspension might need to be shored up before attacking JB.
It will be fine.
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #41
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM

I have a jeep. Isn't that enough? JK Bill thinks I can make it so I should be good. Right Bill?
You won't have any problems.
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #42
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisertod View Post
I *may* be in... not sure if I will have time to get a checkup first. I'm thinking the new suspension might need to be shored up before attacking JB.
Is something wrong with it Scott? It seemed to be performing fine. You mentioned that you tweaked your steering, is that what it is?
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #43
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
I'm thinking I want to go straight to the gatekeeper and wait for you guys to get there. Are we running this from top to bottom? Top being the end nearest the dump?
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #44
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD

Is something wrong with it Scott? It seemed to be performing fine. You mentioned that you tweaked your steering, is that what it is?
If that's the problem maybe bull will tweak it back. I can give it a basic look over and check right on the trail.
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #45
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi4.0 View Post
I'm thinking I want to go straight to the gatekeeper and wait for you guys to get there. Are we running this from top to bottom? Top being the end nearest the dump?
Its Brad's call, but I assume that we would run it that way. East to west. If he can get up there early enough, maybe we can meet at the gatekeeper at 10.
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #46
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD

Its Brad's call, but I assume that we would run it that way. East to west. If he can get up there early enough, maybe we can meet at the gatekeeper at 10.
I'm going early to watch.
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
BeantownR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Its Brad's call, but I assume that we would run it that way. East to west. If he can get up there early enough, maybe we can meet at the gatekeeper at 10.
i can meet you all there at 10. yeah start at the gate keeper, i believe thats east to west correct?
BeantownR6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #48
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownR6

i can meet you all there at 10. yeah start at the gate keeper, i believe thats east to west correct?
Yes. Thank you! I
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
BeantownR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Gun Matt View Post
Dang Brad, of course you would plan this on a weekend that I can't go. I have been dying to do this one. So close to me, but I never seem to connect with you guys on these.

Maybe next time.
dude come to miller. its almost 1.5 months away don't tell me you got plans

Miller Jeep Trail and camping Saturday 10/20 - Sunday 10/21
BeantownR6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownR6 View Post
i can meet you all there at 10. yeah start at the gate keeper, i believe thats east to west correct?
So we are meeting at 10 at the gatekeeper.
If so do you have the coordinates for the Gatekeeper?? This is my first time to JB.
Thanks.
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #51
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchoueiry

So we are meeting at 10 at the gatekeeper.
If so do you have the coordinates for the Gatekeeper?? This is my first time to JB.
Thanks.
If nobody comes in and meets you at Holcomb I can
__________________
Jeeperformance, Inc
Yucaipa CA.
877-795-JEEP
https://www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/
JPi4.0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #52
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Kaisertod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD

Is something wrong with it Scott? It seemed to be performing fine. You mentioned that you tweaked your steering, is that what it is?
Yeah, the steering is a bit off. It's not nearly as bad as it was, my steering wheel was 90 degrees off center, but I fixed that. What worries me now is some magnified bump steering and I hate to mention it but there is a death wobble at about 35 mph if you hit a bump.

I've checked the track bar and it seems totally fine, the only play I can find is in my pitman arm and tie rod, but this seems to be normal play based on the ball joint. I also noticed that the steering stabilizer is a bit beat up, and possibly it could be the problem... Hard to say. There is even a bit of a pull to the right now, like my caster is off... So, basically, I need to get some much more experienced eyes on it than mine. The adjustments I've made to the alignment seem right enough, but I've also never done such a thing, so who knows. Lol, that's quite a novel of an answer, but its really been all I've worked on all weekend since hitting the trail on Friday. I need to get it back in to look at those things, just a matter of when I can get out to Yucaipa. Prolly gonna try for Friday and drink some beers with the boys.
Kaisertod is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi4.0 View Post
If nobody comes in and meets you at Holcomb I can
Thanks Buck.
If you can send me the coordinates I'll make it.

Also what CB channel are you guys going to be on.
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #54
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisertod

Yeah, the steering is a bit off. It's not nearly as bad as it was, my steering wheel was 90 degrees off center, but I fixed that. What worries me now is some magnified bump steering and I hate to mention it but there is a death wobble at about 35 mph if you hit a bump.

I've checked the track bar and it seems totally fine, the only play I can find is in my pitman arm and tie rod, but this seems to be normal play based on the ball joint. I also noticed that the steering stabilizer is a bit beat up, and possibly it could be the problem... Hard to say. There is even a bit of a pull to the right now, like my caster is off... So, basically, I need to get some much more experienced eyes on it than mine. The adjustments I've made to the alignment seem right enough, but I've also never done such a thing, so who knows. Lol, that's quite a novel of an answer, but its really been all I've worked on all weekend since hitting the trail on Friday. I need to get it back in to look at those things, just a matter of when I can get out to Yucaipa. Prolly gonna try for Friday and drink some beers with the boys.
Sounds good Scott, see you Friday. I'll check it for you
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #55
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchoueiry

Thanks Buck.
If you can send me the coordinates I'll make it.

Also what CB channel are you guys going to be on.
I will get you the cords or at least directions since you know the area.
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #56
Jeeper
 
sjchoueiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I will get you the cords or at least directions since you know the area.
Thanks Bill.

Looking forward to seeing you and wheel with you.
sjchoueiry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #57
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,348
I didn't get enough time on the dirt last weekend, so I think I'll go to the "Bull" on Saturday.
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
BeantownR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
I didn't get enough time on the dirt last weekend, so I think I'll go to the "Bull" on Saturday.
Great glad you can make it.

updated info

Meet at the john bull gatekeeper 10am saturday

1. beantown (camping)
2. BillG.OTD
3. JPI4.0
4. DTM
5. sjchoueiry
6. JPi1

Maybee:
1. Kaisertod
BeantownR6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #59
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 559
Arghh, darn Saturdays. Have to work. Have fun, looks like a good group.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #60
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchoueiry View Post
Thanks Buck.
If you can send me the coordinates I'll make it.

Also what CB channel are you guys going to be on.
The coordinates to the start are N 34 19 03.3 - W 116 52 23.4

JB is 3n10 and probably the easiest way to get there is through Van Dusen road (3n09) off of Hwy 38. Take 3n09 to 3n16 and go right to 3n32 and go left to 3n10....when you get to the 3n10 sign and look up you will see that there is no trail and nothing but big rocks. You will know you are there...

BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC