JV Yesterday - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Well not all in the spotting bud...you kicked azz man. I know it's a huge challenge to get a 4 door Jk on 35's through those canyons and you did it with no damage too.
Sweet job!
Definitely want to run those again when I get 37's and gears to see if that makes much of a difference. I did feel under built a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Nice pics Rick, Looks like you guys had a good wheelin day and a good group! That combo is the only 2 trails I have done in JV and I'm told they get much harder from there....those trails make you really realize why you need the upgrades....and spare parts...

Looks like its getting too hot for much more desert trips until fall...maybe by then I will have my mid arms done and can drag them across some JV rocks...
Amen to that! I need to start working on my spare parts list. With 3 kids in day care, money is tight. So I always want to buy new stuff instead of doing damage control. I've been lucky so far and haven't had a breakdown, but I know each time I go, I'm pushing my luck.

suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Right on Rick! Glad to hear that you're wanting to hit some more of the trails out there in the future.
Yeah 37's, some lower gearz and move all that stuff up from under your axles and you'll be in business bud.

WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
I've been lucky so far and haven't had a breakdown, but I know each time I go, I'm pushing my luck.
Rick find some wood to knock on! Quick, sacrifice a Prius to appease the Jeeps Gods! I just said the same thing 3 weeks ago... Since then I've had a tweaked lca mount, worn driveshaft, seized caliper, and now electrical problems with my airbag and TPMS. I wish I was joking lmao

I'll have 35s before long and I want to hit some of the bunny trails at the Hammers before I get stationed out of state. Maybe we can head out this fall!
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post

Rick find some wood to knock on! Quick, sacrifice a Prius to appease the Jeeps Gods! I just said the same thing 3 weeks ago... Since then I've had a tweaked lca mount, worn driveshaft, seized caliper, and now electrical problems with my airbag and TPMS. I wish I was joking lmao

I'll have 35s before long and I want to hit some of the bunny trails at the Hammers before I get stationed out of state. Maybe we can head out this fall!
I would be locked front and rear before even thinking of any Hammer trails Joe. I wouldn't have been able to do half of what I did without my lockers. I'm on 35s and had no issues my rubicrawler helped me a lot though.
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post
I would be locked front and rear before even thinking of any Hammer trails Joe. I wouldn't have been able to do half of what I did without my lockers. I'm on 35s and had no issues my rubicrawler helped me a lot though.
Challenge accepted lol
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
Rick find some wood to knock on! Quick, sacrifice a Prius to appease the Jeeps Gods! I just said the same thing 3 weeks ago... Since then I've had a tweaked lca mount, worn driveshaft, seized caliper, and now electrical problems with my airbag and TPMS. I wish I was joking lmao

I'll have 35s before long and I want to hit some of the bunny trails at the Hammers before I get stationed out of state. Maybe we can head out this fall!
You're right Joe, I better knock on wood lol. I did have some minor damage from JV though -- Windshield got cracked when we hadn't even hit dirt yet. Luckily that wasn't too expensive.

Also my air compressor died. Luckily it was at the end of the day. It worked all day (used for my rear locker) and then died when I went to air up. I'll have to get it looked at. Hopefully it can be fixed.

I'm on my 3rd rear DS. I had two OEM DS's and finally sucked it up and bought a 1350 recently. So hopefully it will last.

Ball joints were going bad, replaced with Synergy. That's more of a wear and tear thing though. The factory BJ's won't last long with 35's and some wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post
I would be locked front and rear before even thinking of any Hammer trails Joe. I wouldn't have been able to do half of what I did without my lockers. I'm on 35s and had no issues my rubicrawler helped me a lot though.
I agree with Doug on this -- probably shouldn't attempt any of the JV stuff without at least one locker. I'd do the rear first.

Don't know if you've done Motino or Pumpkin Eater. I would say Big Johnson and Clawhammer are a step up from those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
Challenge accepted lol
Gotta respect that lol!
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,932
Locked or not ... I've got a little less than a year left here ... There is no way I'm leaving California without hitting at least Clawhammer and Aftershock ... Besides lockers are a crutch
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
Locked or not ... I've got a little less than a year left here ... There is no way I'm leaving California without hitting at least Clawhammer and Aftershock ... Besides lockers are a crutch
Don't take this the wrong way bud but
^^^^^^ you have no clue ^^^^^^
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Don't take this the wrong way bud but ^^^^^^ you have no clue ^^^^^^
Not taken the wrong way at all ... And your right I've got no clue but that's why I'm going before I leave here ... Don't think I'd forgive myself if I left California without going out there ... Easy for me to say that sitting here ... When I get out there I'm sure it will be a different story ... Then I say yup I saw it and do fissure mountain lmao
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
You're right and I do completely understand what your saying. I'm sure we could probably get you through lower big Johnson but even that would be a challenging experience in an open/open on 33's Jk without a winch. But yes you definitely need to take a ride out there to see what's what sometime. Your more then welcome to do a ride along with me next time I go out if you'd like. My buddy Rick that ran with me last weekend is out buying a jeep today. ..that's how much fun he had after his first trip out there.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Your more then welcome to do a ride along with me next time I go out if you'd like.
When are you planning this next trip?
Moabrubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
JoeBot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: High Mojave Desert
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
You're right and I do completely understand what your saying. I'm sure we could probably get you through lower big Johnson but even that would be a challenging experience in an open/open on 33's Jk without a winch. But yes you definitely need to take a ride out there to see what's what sometime. Your more then welcome to do a ride along with me next time I go out if you'd like. My buddy Rick that ran with me last weekend is out buying a jeep today. ..that's how much fun he had after his first trip out there.
I'll have control arms and steering beefed up and tucked up a little better and will be on 35s soon ... I'm not entirely comfortable with doing this as she sits today ... I'm looking at running them around KOH timeframe ... In the meantime I'll totally take you up on taking a ride out there with you though ...
JoeBot13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBot13 View Post
I'll have control arms and steering beefed up and tucked up a little better and will be on 35s soon ... I'm not entirely comfortable with doing this as she sits today ... I'm looking at running them around KOH timeframe ... In the meantime I'll totally take you up on taking a ride out there with you though ...
You got It Joe I'll let you know the next time I go out.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
When are you planning this next trip?
I'm not sure. ..I'm hoping to have the new 9" axle finished and under the jeep by next weekend.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'm not sure. ..I'm hoping to have the new 9" axle finished and under the jeep by next weekend.
Cool. With summer here I got more time to wheel now.
Moabrubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Awesome. ..we just have to do early morning runs soon.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,240
Make it a Sunday and I'm there Steve. I'm more than itching to get back out there and see more and maybe even some harder stuff *hide*
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Sounds like a plan. I'm gonna try to have my jeep finished up by next weekend.
It would be nice to get back out there again before the end of June. After that
we'll have to stick to early runs in Stoddard Wells for hard run runs.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Sounds like a plan. I'm gonna try to have my jeep finished up by next weekend.
It would be nice to get back out there again before the end of June. After that
we'll have to stick to early runs in Stoddard Wells for hard run runs.
I'll be installing my coil spring relocation brackets Monday excited to see what changes that brings me. I may have to get new springs up front for the added lift in the rear.
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Cool. With summer here I got more time to wheel now.
Are you going to come with us for the next on JC?
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #51
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post
I'll be installing my coil spring relocation brackets Monday excited to see what changes that brings me. I may have to get new springs up front for the added lift in the rear.
That'll be nice..how much lift will it give you?
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

That'll be nice..how much lift will it give you?
It says an inch to inch and a half. But gets my rear coil completely straight so should flex and ride a little better.
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Are you going to come with us for the next on JC?
Sure long as its not too hot.
Moabrubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
H8-roads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Granada hills
Posts: 534
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post

I'll be installing my coil spring relocation brackets Monday excited to see what changes that brings me. I may have to get new springs up front for the added lift in the rear.
Sweet, you got them? Whose did you go with????
__________________
more than just a jeep.........
H8-roads is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
That'll be nice...it was flexing purdy good for you out there last weekend.

It would be nice if we can get a little crew together to run with out there.
That way we can move from trail to trail as a group so that way everyone
will step up in difficulty in trails together. Don't get me wrong I love Big J
and ClawHammer but I'd like to move on to some others...lol. I felt bad for Raffi because he ran both those trails last time out and was looking to run new ones.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,240
I went with TnT just like yours Raffi. And yea Steve that would be cool. I know I'm game to start working my way up the trail difficulty.
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post
I went with TnT just like yours Raffi. And yea Steve that would be cool. I know I'm game to start working my way up the trail difficulty.
Right on...that's nice to hear.
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
That'll be nice...it was flexing purdy good for you out there last weekend.
Thanks bud, it dosent do bad for short arms and I still have my track bars. My next mod will be a RK long arm upgrade 3 link front and 4 link rear.
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
H8-roads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Granada hills
Posts: 534
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post
I went with TnT just like yours Raffi. And yea Steve that would be cool. I know I'm game to start working my way up the trail difficulty.
Nice. Once settled mine lifted the rear about 1.5 in. My jeep needed a little bit of lift in the rear anyways so I just put 3/4 pucks up front.
__________________
more than just a jeep.........
H8-roads is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
H8-roads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Granada hills
Posts: 534
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
That'll be nice...it was flexing purdy good for you out there last weekend.

It would be nice if we can get a little crew together to run with out there.
That way we can move from trail to trail as a group so that way everyone
will step up in difficulty in trails together. Don't get me wrong I love Big J
and ClawHammer but I'd like to move on to some others...lol. I felt bad for Raffi because he ran both those trails last time out and was looking to run new ones.
Lol. There's always next time, but hey those trails had changed a lot since Koh. And by the way happy Father's Day bud!

__________________
more than just a jeep.........
H8-roads is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC