Let's wheel Saturday 8/18 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Let's wheel Saturday 8/18

Who's up for something on Saturday?

My first choice would be the run that the group did last week -- Pilot Rock 2N17X through Silverwood to Big Bear.

I'm open minded though, just want to get some wheeling done. Big Bear?

Pretty much anything that will get us further away from the heat...


suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,704
Images: 3
Sorry but after all the excitement last weekend I have to take a break. Have fun and say hello to Dishpan for me.

530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,784
I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'm looking at possibly hitting a trail the following weekend. I'm thinking Miller Jeep Trail.
__________________
Black 2009 Rubicon 2-Dr Auto | TF 3" lift and front lower CA's | JKS trackbars | 35" GY MT/R-K's | 17x9 M/T SS Classic II's | EVO Axle Sleeves and C Gussets | ARB diff covers | Skid Row evap can skid and front CA skids | Shrockworks bumpers and rock rails | Synergy Ball Joints, Tie Rod and grab handles | Warn 9.5ti | Pull-Pal | sPOD | Superchips Flashpaq | Dual Optima Yellow Tops | Cobra 29 LTD | 4' FireStick
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,519
I would Rick...if I didn't just spend 5 days on the mountain
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,051
I'm in Rick! Same trail or different, whatever you decide.
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
phnguyen7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I'm in Rick! Same trail or different, whatever you decide.
You are the man Bill!! Everything checked out ok with the jeep?
phnguyen7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Sorry but after all the excitement last weekend I have to take a break. Have fun and say hello to Dishpan for me.
I hear ya!

I was busy buying a tent trailer so couldn't go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'm looking at possibly hitting a trail the following weekend. I'm thinking Miller Jeep Trail.
I'll be camping on a beach near San Diego next week. I did miller about a month ago, fun trail though really mild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I would Rick...if I didn't just spend 5 days on the mountain
Yeah, I hear ya. You should still go again this week though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I'm in Rick! Same trail or different, whatever you decide.
Awesome! Let's roll!

I figure we'll start out the same way through Silverwood, then play the rest by ear. Depending on what time we make it to Big Bear, we can decide what trails to do up there.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyen7 View Post
You are the man Bill!! Everything checked out ok with the jeep?
Yeah Peter, eveything seems to fine for the most part. I lost just a little engine oil, coolant out of the overflow bottle and some rear diff oil out the breather line.
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
I did miller about a month ago, fun trail though really mild.
It seemed a bit mild last year too at the beginning of the season, but got tougher as the season progressed and the trail got more rutted out. I did 4 or 5 (maybe more) Miller trips last season, but I haven't been out there yet this season, so I'm eager to do so.
__________________
Black 2009 Rubicon 2-Dr Auto | TF 3" lift and front lower CA's | JKS trackbars | 35" GY MT/R-K's | 17x9 M/T SS Classic II's | EVO Axle Sleeves and C Gussets | ARB diff covers | Skid Row evap can skid and front CA skids | Shrockworks bumpers and rock rails | Synergy Ball Joints, Tie Rod and grab handles | Warn 9.5ti | Pull-Pal | sPOD | Superchips Flashpaq | Dual Optima Yellow Tops | Cobra 29 LTD | 4' FireStick
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
It seemed a bit mild last year too at the beginning of the season, but got tougher as the season progressed and the trail got more rutted out. I did 4 or 5 (maybe more) Miller trips last season, but I haven't been out there yet this season, so I'm eager to do so.
Yeah, curious to hear back after you run it. I would rate Gold Mtn at about 2-3 times more difficult. There was one section near the end that was fun though, it claimed a center cap on one of my rear wheels and one BFG MT from Zombieclown...
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,519
If I had the cash to run it this weekend, I would...also, Aaron and I I have plans with mom and her husband. The big "meeitng" LOL

I posted up for the 24th
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
ZombieClownZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoCal, Los Angeles Area
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Yeah, curious to hear back after you run it. I would rate Gold Mtn at about 2-3 times more difficult. There was one section near the end that was fun though, it claimed a center cap on one of my rear wheels and one BFG MT from Zombieclown...
That's just adventure tax.

I would love to go again, but I'm waiting till I can get my lift.
ZombieClownZ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 578
8/18 run in Big Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Who's up for something on Saturday?

My first choice would be the run that the group did last week -- Pilot Rock 2N17X through Silverwood to Big Bear.

I'm open minded though, just want to get some wheeling done. Big Bear?

Pretty much anything that will get us further away from the heat...

I really hate to do the same exact run again, but I may be up for something different. I was thinking about starting up Gold Mtn, going over and doing 1/3 of John Bull (the easy part), then going over and doing Holcomb Creek, with a finish down Dishpan. Not for sure if I can make it, but I should find out soon. What do you think???
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
I really hate to do the same exact run again, but I may be up for something different. I was thinking about starting up Gold Mtn, going over and doing 1/3 of John Bull (the easy part), then going over and doing Holcomb Creek, with a finish down Dishpan. Not for sure if I can make it, but I should find out soon. What do you think???
I am open to whatever trail you guys want to do and it sounds like Rick is open as well...I certainly didnt want to be the one that asked to run a different trail!
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
I really hate to do the same exact run again, but I may be up for something different. I was thinking about starting up Gold Mtn, going over and doing 1/3 of John Bull (the easy part), then going over and doing Holcomb Creek, with a finish down Dishpan. Not for sure if I can make it, but I should find out soon. What do you think???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I am open to whatever trail you guys want to do and it sounds like Rick is open as well...I certainly didnt want to be the one that asked to run a different trail!
Yeah, I'm open to pretty much anything other than doing Cleghorn. However, the last run I did was with you (DTM) at the WF meet which was Holcomb and Gold Mtn. So I understand you guys don't want to do the same run twice in a row, but neither do I really. I usually only get out around every 3-4 weeks...

Regarding the 'easy part of JB...' what do you mean? I thought the first part was the gatekeeper, and I know that's not easy.

How about some of the other trails up there? I don't know which ones would be suitable for me --- I prefer something equal in difficulty to Holcomb , or easier. Maybe a little harder than Holcomb, but don't really want to do JB. I've done Dishpan, but took the easier line up the left side.

So what suggestions do you guys have?
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieClownZ View Post
That's just adventure tax.

I would love to go again, but I'm waiting till I can get my lift.
Yeah, that first run after a lift is GREAT! It's nice to have some ground clearance and be able to disconnect.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
If I had the cash to run it this weekend, I would...also, Aaron and I I have plans with mom and her husband. The big "meeitng" LOL

I posted up for the 24th
Meeting the folks is always fun...
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Yeah, I'm open to pretty much anything other than doing Cleghorn. However, the last run I did was with you (DTM) at the WF meet which was Holcomb and Gold Mtn. So I understand you guys don't want to do the same run twice in a row, but neither do I really. I usually only get out around every 3-4 weeks...

Regarding the 'easy part of JB...' what do you mean? I thought the first part was the gatekeeper, and I know that's not easy.

How about some of the other trails up there? I don't know which ones would be suitable for me --- I prefer something equal in difficulty to Holcomb , or easier. Maybe a little harder than Holcomb, but don't really want to do JB. I've done Dishpan, but took the easier line up the left side.

So what suggestions do you guys have?
Okay....how about Tip Top Mountain? Starts off of hwy 38 on 2no1. There is some nice area on that side of the mountain.
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Okay....how about Tip Top Mountain? Starts off of hwy 38 on 2no1. There is some nice area on that side of the mountain.
Haven't done it, so works for me! What's the difficulty like?
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #20
DTM
Jeeper
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Yeah, I'm open to pretty much anything other than doing Cleghorn. However, the last run I did was with you (DTM) at the WF meet which was Holcomb and Gold Mtn. So I understand you guys don't want to do the same run twice in a row, but neither do I really. I usually only get out around every 3-4 weeks...

Regarding the 'easy part of JB...' what do you mean? I thought the first part was the gatekeeper, and I know that's not easy.

How about some of the other trails up there? I don't know which ones would be suitable for me --- I prefer something equal in difficulty to Holcomb , or easier. Maybe a little harder than Holcomb, but don't really want to do JB. I've done Dishpan, but took the easier line up the left side.

So what suggestions do you guys have?

The part of JB I'm talking about I know you can make it. Plus where we turn off I found this cool trail that does not have a name. It's not hard, but tight and scenic. I just thought we could all make those trail fairly easy ( Holcomb being the hardest) and they should link together well. I'm still learning the trails and only know a few of them. I would be up for Bill's suggestion. It will be good to Learn a new trail! Your call...
DTM is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Gama26b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
who's up for something on saturday?

My first choice would be the run that the group did last week -- pilot rock 2n17x through silverwood to big bear.

I'm open minded though, just want to get some wheeling done. Big bear?

Pretty much anything that will get us further away from the heat...

were doing cleghorn saturday
__________________
AKA ELMO
Gama26b is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
BRANDONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 195
I'm a maybe on this one I really want to go just gotta make sure I can get it off
BRANDONT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
The part of JB I'm talking about I know you can make it. Plus where we turn off I found this cool trail that does not have a name. It's not hard, but tight and scenic. I just thought we could all make those trail fairly easy ( Holcomb being the hardest) and they should link together well. I'm still learning the trails and only know a few of them. I would be up for Bill's suggestion. It will be good to Learn a new trail! Your call...
I wouldn't mind doing that part of JB. As mentioned, I don't want to do GM and Holcomb as our primary trails. If we have time after our first trail, then we'll consider it then.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDONT View Post
I'm a maybe on this one I really want to go just gotta make sure I can get it off
Hope you can make it! Let us know.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
phnguyen7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Okay....how about Tip Top Mountain? Starts off of hwy 38 on 2no1. There is some nice area on that side of the mountain.
Ill be down for this run. Maybe even Rattle Snake Canyon after? It actually really nice over there. 2no2 is actually a really nice road
phnguyen7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #26
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyen7 View Post
Ill be down for this run. Maybe even Rattle Snake Canyon after? It actually really nice over there. 2no2 is actually a really nice road
You are right, the area over there is very nice. I went to Rose Mine as a teenager and finally found it again a couple years back after getting my Jeep. We have been PMing back and forth so as not to have a ton of threads....Its up to Dan & Rick to decide, but neither of them have done the trail so it has that going for it....
BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyen7 View Post
Ill be down for this run. Maybe even Rattle Snake Canyon after? It actually really nice over there. 2no2 is actually a really nice road
Sounds good to me! I'd like to start with Tip Top and then do Rattle Snake if we have time.

The only two I'm really opposed to doing is GM and Holcomb since I that was the last run I did at the WF meet and haven't run any trails since.

What's the difficulty like on Rattle snake cyn?
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
phnguyen7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Sounds good to me! I'd like to start with Tip Top and then do Rattle Snake if we have time.

The only two I'm really opposed to doing is GM and Holcomb since I that was the last run I did at the WF meet and haven't run any trails since.

What's the difficulty like on Rattle snake cyn?
its considered moderate and you are driving through a canyon and right now its kind of dry but still has some water at the bottom. This trail is for wild cows or something, I forgot. Its easier than GM thats for sure.
phnguyen7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by phnguyen7 View Post
its considered moderate and you are driving through a canyon and right now its kind of dry but still has some water at the bottom. This trail is for wild cows or something, I forgot. Its easier than GM thats for sure.
Sounds good to me!

How's that sound for everyone else? Tip top first, then Rattle Snake?
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #30
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Sounds good to me!

How's that sound for everyone else? Tip top first, then Rattle Snake?
Here are the maps for Tip Top and the surrounding area, not sure about Rattlesnake Rick, I think it goes all the way down to Pioneer town. There is other trails up near Tip top like Heartbreak Ridge etc. I think we want to stay elevated in this heat...I think Stan said that you can break off somewhere through there and get back to 38, I will check with him.




BillG.OTD is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC