Little Rock OHV area? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Little Rock OHV area?

Has anybody ever been wheelin out in the Mt Emma/Little Rock OHV area?
I hooked up with some guys that wheel that area every Sunday and said its awesome out there...good rocks and some bad Azz notches ...like the ones down in Ocotillo ..also some good tite trails that really articulate ur rig...its located just east of the 14 fwy and just south of hwy 138 in LA county
If anyone knows of this place or is interested in checking it out please post up....I'm thinkin of hitting it up in the next few weeks ...

Thanx in advance

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
I'd be interested...but I have Calico this weekend and my party in HV on the 19th weekend...It'd have to be May for me.

__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Right on ....we'll have to check it out sometime ...
I'm thinkin that I might be developing a cough and the only prescription is more wheelin...!
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
I'm on my way to buy a lotto ticket for lunch. If I win, you can live vicariously through me, because then I will be wheelin just about every weekend
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Has anybody ever been wheelin out in the Mt Emma/Little Rock OHV area?
I hooked up with some guys that wheel that area every Sunday and said its awesome out there...good rocks and some bad Azz notches ...like the ones down in Ocotillo ..also some good tite trails that really articulate ur rig...its located just east of the 14 fwy and just south of hwy 138 in LA county
If anyone knows of this place or is interested in checking it out please post up....I'm thinkin of hitting it up in the next few weeks ...

Thanx in advance

O and these guys we're the real deal....the smallest tires these guys we're runnin were 37s...with major rock rash ...that right there told me that this place must have some good stuff...lol
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I'm on my way to buy a lotto ticket for lunch. If I win, you can live vicariously through me, because then I will be wheelin just about every weekend
Sweet!
I've got a spot for ur jeep next to mine on my trailer ...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
Oh...well, if that's the case..not for my rig.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Sweet!
I've got a spot for ur jeep next to mine on my trailer ...
No thanks..I'll pass. Don't have the cash to fix it right now.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Oh...well, if that's the case..not for my rig.
Nah...I think u miss understood me....I was just saying these guys weren't just in stock jeeps blowing smoke about a fire rd they drove....

I've never been there but just because these guys r run big tires doesn't mean that the first time u go ur gonna break ur junk

And if ur gonna win the lottery and wheel with me every weekend ur ganna wonna put ur jeep on a trailer so u can get to more wheelin places faster...lol

I'm hoping someone from the west side of the high dezert chimes in with some info...
Because I wanna go check this place out!
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
Gotcha..well, you know me...I live life on the edge in my rig...

And, lotto ticket is purchased.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Gotcha..well, you know me...I live life on the edge in my rig...

And, lotto ticket is purchased.
Sweet!
Good luck...I hope u when BIG!
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Awwwh come on ..over 60 views and nobody's herd of this place....or is at least curious enough to wonna maybe go and check it out??
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
I was thinking of hitting up Crazy Buttes May..but would be willing to scope that out...for me it'd have to be May 3rd and I'd be looking to camp for the weekend...Just an FYI!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
I was thinking of hitting up Crazy Buttes May..but would be willing to scope that out...for me it'd have to be May 3rd and I'd be looking to camp for the weekend...Just an FYI!
Hey...that sounds like it could be doable ...I'll have to check the campin out there...

I just got off the phone with one of the guys and looks like I'm gonna take a run out there on the 14th....so I'll have some info before ur Crazy Butts run...lol
Its alot closer for u so hopefully its a sweet place to wheel...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
Jeep Girl Crawler

WF Supporting Member
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Hey...that sounds like it could be doable ...I'll have to check the campin out there...

I just got off the phone with one of the guys and looks like I'm gonna take a run out there on the 14th....so I'll have some info before ur Crazy Butts run...lol
Its alot closer for u so hopefully its a sweet place to wheel...
Sounds good..you know my capabilities...33's, locked, lifted, 4 banger, 4.56, 35 rear/30 spline. etc etc etc...dont want to risk breaking to do it...looking forward to the report
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Foo shoo!
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Great Mojave Desert
Posts: 750
Wait, what, Littlerock-Pearblossom??

I can see Littlerock from my deck and I've never heard of this place.

Where is it?
goin camping is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post
Wait, what, Littlerock-Pearblossom??

I can see Littlerock from my deck and I've never heard of this place.

Where is it?
Its up by the Little Rock dam....Mt Emma and Cheeseboro...
I've been out there years back dual sport dirt bike riding and have read about it on Thunpertalk....and KTMtalk....but never herd anything as far as good wheelin until a few dayz ago...been told its had Azz...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Great Mojave Desert
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Its up by the Little Rock dam....Mt Emma and Cheeseboro...
I've been out there years back dual sport dirt bike riding and have read about it on Thunpertalk....and KTMtalk....but never herd anything as far as good wheelin until a few dayz ago...been told its had Azz...
I drive through that intersection twice a day. No sign or clue at all. Is it up past the pay entrance to the dam?
goin camping is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post
I drive through that intersection twice a day. No sign or clue at all. Is it up past the pay entrance to the dam?

For all the needed info on this area contact the "LITTLEROCK DAM WHEELERS"..661-724-1596....they meet every Sunday...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Great Mojave Desert
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
For all the needed info on this area contact the "LITTLEROCK DAM WHEELERS"..661-724-1596....they meet every Sunday...
Thanks!
goin camping is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 971
Good trails - Close to home - sounds like Bakers! Keep me posted on what you find. Maybe we can test drive that front locker as soon as I get back from MI :o)
XJ_Phil is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
Good trails - Close to home - sounds like Bakers! Keep me posted on what you find. Maybe we can test drive that front locker as soon as I get back from MI :o)
Sounds like a plan...good buddy!
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post
I drive through that intersection twice a day. No sign or clue at all. Is it up past the pay entrance to the dam?
Have u had a chance to get out and check this place out yet?

I was all set to take a run out there this next weekend but I found some new rocks out close to my place that I just can't get enough of....played on them all day today...he he.....so I think I'm gonna stay close to home and play this weekend...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Great Mojave Desert
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Have u had a chance to get out and check this place out yet?

I was all set to take a run out there this next weekend but I found some new rocks out close to my place that I just can't get enough of....played on them all day today...he he.....so I think I'm gonna stay close to home and play this weekend...
I looked for signs in the area but saw none. I didn't drive up to Littlerock Dam because you have to pay to get in.

I will drive up and ask at the gate in the next few days and let you know.
goin camping is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
josea1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: desert
Posts: 308
Anything, this is close to me, I guess about the same as calico.
josea1952 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #27
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,229
Been out here for 7 yrs and have never heard of this place. Got some hardcore dirt bikers at work and if I can find the local jeep club guy at work will ask him about it. The man has been in this valley since they paved the 14.

Don't hold me to this, will be locked in a lab for the next three weeks squirtin' trons over to Josea1952's way. If you feel something warm and tingly, that is just natural. You will be "fine".
DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK View Post
Been out here for 7 yrs and have never heard of this place. Got some hardcore dirt bikers at work and if I can find the local jeep club guy at work will ask him about it. The man has been in this valley since they paved the 14.

Don't hold me to this, will be locked in a lab for the next three weeks squirtin' trons over to Josea1952's way. If you feel something warm and tingly, that is just natural. You will be "fine".

I'm surprised u haven't herd of this place...its right under u nose ...lol
I posted the phone number for all the info on this place a couple of posts up...the "Dam Wheelers" meet out there every Sunday from sun up to sun down....talk to Kevin he's a Kool kat and has a really nice crawler also...I'll be making my way out that way soon but for now Oro Grande has a TIGHT grip on my rock crawling attention .....
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #29
DaK
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,229
Chattted with the dirt biker. He's never heard of it either.
DaK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
hothondaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 141
we used to go here all the time on sundays to watch the guys play in Mud, any one know the cost to get in? i live close maybe i'll have to go see whats up with it now....

hothondaguy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.



Jeepฎ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC