Lookin' For Folks Who'd Like To Help For A Good Cause! - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Smile Lookin' For Folks Who'd Like To Help For A Good Cause!

WASTED TRAILS 4X4 MAGAZINE is a non-profit helping cancer patients!

This latest edition featured all kinds of KOH Coverage with the big names in the industry. Even though I don't have a built rig to race, I was asked if they could do a write up on me. They ended up sticking me on the cover and featured me in a 4 page set up.

All proceeds of this magazine go to Cancer patients in need. Ya’ll- let’s help raise some money. You can order one here.

Wasted Trails 4x4 Ma... | Wasted Trails 4x4 Magazine March 201ā€¦ | HP MagCloud

I hope we all can join forces and raise a lot of money. I got mine already...anyone else??

Lorie

__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
mountainneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 445
Awesome feature...!! Very cool.

mountainneer is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
The coverage on the guys and KOH is pretty cool. Guess nobody wants to help the cause though. Kinda sad.
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Mavrick243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 750
I will have to order one!
Mavrick243 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,166
how long have you been at Port Hueneme
saw you rig in front of 1300. what do you do for the Navy ?
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakea94 View Post
how long have you been at Port Hueneme
saw you rig in front of 1300. what do you do for the Navy ?
Hi

I'm prior Navy and have been stuck at NCTC for 4 and a half years. You'll often see me sitting in my Jeep for breaks and lunch; Therapy

I handle a lot in that building; gains, losses, seperations, retirements, E-leave, TRIMS, NFOL, all correspondence, evals, awards, instructions, mail and so on and so on and so on. I don't think I've disliked a job any more than I do this one, (and partly because of some of my coworkers), but it pays for my Jeep and because I'm a vet, I earn a decent amount of vacation and sick time.

Stop and say hello next time!

Lorie

P.S. BTW, I'm wheeling Calico this weekend if you'd like to join. I'm leaving from work Friday. If your rig isn't "Calico ready", I have an open passenger seat!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Hi I'm prior Navy and have been stuck at NCTC for 4 and a half years. You'll often see me sitting in my Jeep for breaks and lunch; Therapy I handle a lot in that building; gains, losses, seperations, retirements, E-leave, TRIMS, NFOL, all correspondence, evals, awards, instructions, mail and so on and so on and so on. I don't think I've disliked a job any more than I do this one, (and partly because of some of my coworkers), but it pays for my Jeep and because I'm a vet, I earn a decent amount of vacation and sick time. Stop and say hello next time! Lorie P.S. BTW, I'm wheeling Calico this weekend if you'd like to join. I'm leaving from work Friday. If your rig isn't "Calico ready", I have an open passenger seat!
pm sent
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Hey just got it!

What does your traveling radius mean?

I've got a passenger this time...I'll probably be running CB in April..I'll probably post that one up..if you're around and want to ride shotgun, just let me know!

See ya on base!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Hey just got it! What does your traveling radius mean? I've got a passenger this time...I'll probably be running CB in April..I'll probably post that one up..if you're around and want to ride shotgun, just let me know! See ya on base!
I can't travel any where that's over an hour away from the base.
Please keep me updated.
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
I H8RDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 7,572
Eeek! Ah hour! We live at the beach!!! So that rules out a lot for you. No Big Bear, No Calico, no JV areas....Miller is just a little over an hour..That trail will open in May most likely...Hungry Valley is a state park with easy trails and a practice area...it's fun to play on the obstacles and go just putt around and take in the fresh air on the trails..ect...If you want to get your "Jeep fix" in, I'd be happy to take ya to Hungry Valley...I'm pretty much happy whenever I'm in my Jeep. It doesn't always need to be the difficult stuff...plus, it's pretty close compared to the rest, so that makes it nice
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
I H8RDS is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Drakea94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8RDS View Post
Eeek! Ah hour! We live at the beach!!! So that rules out a lot for you. No Big Bear, No Calico, no JV areas....Miller is just a little over an hour..That trail will open in May most likely...Hungry Valley is a state park with easy trails and a practice area...it's fun to play on the obstacles and go just putt around and take in the fresh air on the trails..ect...If you want to get your "Jeep fix" in, I'd be happy to take ya to Hungry Valley...I'm pretty much happy whenever I'm in my Jeep. It doesn't always need to be the difficult stuff...plus, it's pretty close compared to the rest, so that makes it nice
if
I get a long time station here then all of those places for sure.
I haven't ridden in a jeep since December haven't wheeled since November.
Need my fix
__________________
"You can't let the 1% di*kheads ruin your day, you have to remember the 99% of people who are nice"


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton Jr.
Drakea94 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 8,216
Awww cool looks like you already found her. Lorie is cool people and a great wheeler.

Gunner is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC