Motino Wash Run! July 6th... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Motino Wash Run! July 6th...

I got a chance to run this trail last year posted up by Baja1AB (Joe I believe) and had a great time.

Nice wash run at an elevation that keeps it nice

General area is off of Hwy 38 at 2n01 or up the backside from 247 via rattlesnake canyon. The Link from last years thread with pictures as well as a video from Dan (DTM) are below...

More details as we get closer....


Mottino Wash - YouTube

Mottino Wash 10/21 - The "Do Over" Run

BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,576
Definitely keeping my eye on this one. Ive always wanted to hit Motino.

Moabrubi is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,307
I'll be a maybe. Doing it 2 week before, plus might have stuff going on that weekend.
suicideking is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Baja1ab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I got a chance to run this trail last year posted up by Baja1AB (Joe I believe) and had a great time.

Nice wash run at an elevation that keeps it nice

General area is off of Hwy 38 at 2n01 or up the backside from 247 via rattlesnake canyon. The Link from last years thread with pictures as well as a video from Dan (DTM) are below...

More details as we get closer....


Mottino Wash - YouTube

Mottino Wash 10/21 - The "Do Over" Run
Man, what a great run that was, Bill. I might be up for this one. I love me some Mottino Wash! My little guy is getting his tonsils and adenoids out the week prior so it'll depend on how he's doing by then.

Rich and I hit this a few weeks after the big run we all did. He and a buddy of ours were camped in Cougar Buttes so I ran up and met them and we came in from the desert through the canyons/washes and hit Mottino where we ran into the whole Currie family in their side-by-sides. Then we circled back and hit Bull Frog and Cake Walk at the Buttes. It was a LONG day but with only 3 Jeeps we covered a lot of ground. A very good day of wheelin I must say.

I won't know until just before so don't put me down as in or maybe. I'll just jump in in the end if I can make it.

Joe
__________________
Big Red:'93 YJ, SOA, Deaver leafs, Fox shocks, Dana 44 front w Reid Racing knuckles, Ballistic Fab high steer, Detroit, Superior shafts & Warn hubs, Ford 8.8 (31spl/discs), "Super 88" kit, Detroit, Dana 300 w Low Max 4:1, 35" BFGs, Allied beadlocks, Mastercraft seats, Currie bumpers, Warn sliders, Gen Right fenders
Baja1ab is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Russ Just Russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 78
I'm in.
Russ Just Russ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
91badass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 336
Ran Motino last saturday night, some of the ranchers back there are pretty salty, they are blaming jeepers on some of their dead cattle. One old guy stopped me and complained for about ten minutes. I know you guys are not going to do that, just putting it out there. Went to pappy and Harriets afterward was a good run!
__________________
05 Unlimited Rubicon, 37's, 5.5 Rock Krawler long arm
91badass is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
87octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 458
I would like to do this run but I will be in Lake Tahoe from 6/30 to 7/7 celibrating my 40th birthday on the 3rd.
__________________
Mark D.
87octane is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
Man, what a great run that was, Bill. I might be up for this one. I love me some Mottino Wash! My little guy is getting his tonsils and adenoids out the week prior so it'll depend on how he's doing by then.

Rich and I hit this a few weeks after the big run we all did. He and a buddy of ours were camped in Cougar Buttes so I ran up and met them and we came in from the desert through the canyons/washes and hit Mottino where we ran into the whole Currie family in their side-by-sides. Then we circled back and hit Bull Frog and Cake Walk at the Buttes. It was a LONG day but with only 3 Jeeps we covered a lot of ground. A very good day of wheelin I must say.

I won't know until just before so don't put me down as in or maybe. I'll just jump in in the end if I can make it.

Joe
Sounds good Joe, Yeah we enjoyed it too and my friend Dan suggested the return trip....Hope you can make it!
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Just Russ View Post
I'm in.
Great Russ, glad you can make it!
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91badass View Post
Ran Motino last saturday night, some of the ranchers back there are pretty salty, they are blaming jeepers on some of their dead cattle. One old guy stopped me and complained for about ten minutes. I know you guys are not going to do that, just putting it out there. Went to pappy and Harriets afterward was a good run!
Ranchers huh...I don't recall seeing them, but we promise not to harm any cattle...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87octane View Post
I would like to do this run but I will be in Lake Tahoe from 6/30 to 7/7 celibrating my 40th birthday on the 3rd.
Nice Mark, Tahoe should be great, were going there in August with the MH...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91badass View Post
Ran Motino last saturday night, some of the ranchers back there are pretty salty, they are blaming jeepers on some of their dead cattle. One old guy stopped me and complained for about ten minutes. I know you guys are not going to do that, just putting it out there. Went to pappy and Harriets afterward was a good run!
I know one of the ranchers pretty well. He needed some material to build his cattle pen and we were able to supply it for him. Once he knows you hes not such a grump.
Moabrubi is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I know one of the ranchers pretty well. He needed some material to build his cattle pen and we were able to supply it for him. Once he knows you hes not such a grump.
Great, so if I take a few 2x4s we will be good to go ....Its not my intention to piss off the locals, I just don't recall seeing any places back there, guess I wasn't paying attention...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Moabrubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post

Great, so if I take a few 2x4s we will be good to go ....Its not my intention to piss off the locals, I just don't recall seeing any places back there, guess I wasn't paying attention...
Hehe he actually likes the old wood powerline poles. Are you familiar with the house just before the start of rattlesnake cyn off of 247? Thats who Im referring to. He always comes out and talks to people who are going through the canyon.
Moabrubi is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Hehe he actually likes the old wood powerline poles. Are you familiar with the house just before the start of rattlesnake cyn off of 247? Thats who Im referring to. He always comes out and talks to people who are going through the canyon.
No I haven't been up from that direction, I came down from Hwy 38 so that would explain why I didn't see him....
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Dougzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Irwin California
Posts: 1,218
If this was on Sunday I could make it but I am starting my new job this weekish and won't have the leave built up enough yet. Hope you guys have fun and hopefully we get on a trail together real soon!
__________________
4LO or Nothin!
Dougzin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzin View Post
Wish I could make it, starting my new job this weekish and already have the meet and greet worked out so another day wouldn't be advisable. Hope you guys have fun and hopefully we get on a trail together real soon!
Sounds good Doug, tell your dad to come up and show off his new jeep...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Baja1ab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91badass View Post
Ran Motino last saturday night, some of the ranchers back there are pretty salty, they are blaming jeepers on some of their dead cattle. One old guy stopped me and complained for about ten minutes. I know you guys are not going to do that, just putting it out there. Went to pappy and Harriets afterward was a good run!
The last time I was in the canyon on the way to Mottino we came across some HUGE longhorns and an even bigger bull. I dared my passenger to get out and tickle him on the chin. Needless I say he didn't take me up on it, lol.
__________________
Big Red:'93 YJ, SOA, Deaver leafs, Fox shocks, Dana 44 front w Reid Racing knuckles, Ballistic Fab high steer, Detroit, Superior shafts & Warn hubs, Ford 8.8 (31spl/discs), "Super 88" kit, Detroit, Dana 300 w Low Max 4:1, 35" BFGs, Allied beadlocks, Mastercraft seats, Currie bumpers, Warn sliders, Gen Right fenders
Baja1ab is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Big Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 383
I'm in for sure.
__________________
Vic
Big Vic is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I got a chance to run this trail last year posted up by Baja1AB (Joe I believe) and had a great time.

Nice wash run at an elevation that keeps it nice

General area is off of Hwy 38 at 2n01 or up the backside from 247 via rattlesnake canyon. The Link from last years thread with pictures as well as a video from Dan (DTM) are below...

More details as we get closer....


Mottino Wash - YouTube

Mottino Wash 10/21 - The "Do Over" Run
Hey Bill...are you planning on running this trail from the desert to the mounts?... which rout are you planning on using to get to the trail head?
I'm up for running it in both directions...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #21
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
I'm in for sure.
Great Vic, glad you can make it!
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Hey Bill...are you planning on running this trail from the desert to the mounts?... which rout are you planning on using to get to the trail head?
I'm up for running it in both directions...
I'm open to any suggestions Steve, you and Joe know the trail better than I do and running it both way sounds pretty cool! I will be coming down from 38, I'm staying at 7 Oaks that weekend.
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
I'm open to any suggestions Steve, you and Joe know the trail better than I do and running it both way sounds pretty cool! I will be coming down from 38, I'm staying at 7 Oaks that weekend.
OK...if it's a small group we could do both directions no problem... It only take about 10 min to get from the exit of Matino back down Rattlesnake canyon to the entrance to Matino...or vise versa....
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 971
Got room for a beat up old XJ to tag along? I put some (almost) new skins on, so flats might not be an issue this time around....LOL
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #25
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Phil View Post
Got room for a beat up old XJ to tag along? I put some (almost) new skins on, so flats might not be an issue this time around....LOL
Sure Phil we got room...hoping we will have about 10 or so...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
HyperBrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 241
Images: 1
Hi everyone, I'm gonna keep my eye on this run for sure, if the wife doesn't plan anything for us that weekend I or where in.. Thank you for the post.
__________________
B Rad all day..
HyperBrad is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 971
Steve (WOKNROX) + are you going to be able to make this run? If so, maybe we can run up together from our side of the hill at whatever time that morning. P.A.
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
XJ_Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: High Desert - CA
Posts: 971
By the way Steve, what happened to the picture of your Jeep? It looks like some sort of Minecraft toy.....
XJ_Phil is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #29
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
longnose 359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cherry Valley
Posts: 300
We want to go.
longnose 359 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose 359 View Post
We want to go.
Sounds good Mark, join us!

BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC