Next off-road adventure? - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #91
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,145
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Here are some pics of today.















Jeff

__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #92
i am fluent in kryptonian

WF Supporting Member
 
thetoadLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 480
That was a blast. Thanks again guys for all the help. Hope I can make the hungry valley trip. Better take my tube steps off though lol

__________________
LJ I6 4.0l, Rubicon Express 4.5" lift, 32" BFG A/T tires, steel ProComp wheels, Body Armor rear bumper, Hanson rocksliders, Skidrow skid plate, KC Daylighters 6" 130w long range lights, Smittybuilt XRC-8 winch, Cobra mini CB radio
thetoadLJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #93
Jeeper
 
Uranus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burbank, Ca
Posts: 349
Images: 2
What happened to your steps? Nice turnout, glad you guys had fun.
Uranus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #94
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13
Hey what is the next putting you're gonna do? I want to go
dirtjunkie23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #95
Jeeper
 
JRickW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoadLJ
That was a blast. Thanks again guys for all the help. Hope I can make the hungry valley trip. Better take my tube steps off though lol
Great to meet (re-meet) you all. I had a blast. Special shout out to thetoadLJ. You really got the most of what you had. Great job!
JRickW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 02:06 AM   #96
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
That was an awesome run today. I had a blast. Nice meeting turdhurdler and thetoadLJ, and good seeing the others again.

Here are my pictures.
Photobucket - 20101023 Cleghorn

And here's the GPS track from today.
Everytrail - 10/23/2010 Cleghorn
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 02:10 AM   #97
Jeeper
 
Nsoares3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posts: 85
Nice pics, man.. looks like u had a blast!
Nsoares3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #98
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,145
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
That was an awesome run today. I had a blast. Nice meeting turdhurdler and thetoadLJ, and good seeing the others again.

Here are my pictures.
Photobucket - 20101023 Cleghorn

And here's the GPS track from today.
Everytrail - 10/23/2010 Cleghorn
Hey Yomondo, page 4 of the photobucket link does not work for me. Just curious if anyone else is having the same prob. Great pics by the way.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,703
Images: 3
This was another great day trip. I always have a good time getting together with all of you. You guys took great pictures and I guess it is no loss that I forgot my camera. I look forward to the next run, maybe up behind Silverwood.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #100
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,703
Images: 3
Jeff, page four is working fine for me and there are a couple of good shots of thetoadLJ on that page that must have given him some puckering as they say.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #101
i am fluent in kryptonian

WF Supporting Member
 
thetoadLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 480
picks turned out awesome. thanks for the link yomondo.
thetoadLJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #102
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,145
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Jeff, page four is working fine for me and there are a couple of good shots of thetoadLJ on that page that must have given him some puckering as they say.
Hmmm. Must be something on my end.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 04:39 AM   #103
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoadLJ View Post
That was a blast. Thanks again guys for all the help. Hope I can make the hungry valley trip. Better take my tube steps off though lol
You did great for your first time out. Unless you're replacing your tube steps with rock rails you might want to leave them on. Those tube steps, although not strong enough to keep from bending, prevented your body from damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtjunkie23 View Post
Hey what is the next putting you're gonna do? I want to go
I don't know, but I'm not available again until Sunday 11/21. After that it's Miller Jeep Trail on 12/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRickW View Post
Great to meet (re-meet) you all. I had a blast.
Great job on that one obstacle that the rest of us wimped out on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
You guys took great pictures and I guess it is no loss that I forgot my camera.
Except to take pictures of me in action.
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #104
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,703
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post


Except to take pictures of me in action.
You are right. The one problem is that you are always out front and the first one up the knarley stuff. We will have to work on that.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #105
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
You are right. The one problem is that you are always out front and the first one up the knarley stuff. We will have to work on that.
LOL! I think you heard me at the trailhead asking Jeff if he wanted to lead since he was one of the three who had a CB. I also asked Rick, since he was also familiar with the trail and had a CB. That's okay. I don't mind being in front and being able to take pictures of everyone else. I like taking pictures if y'all haven't noticed.

But I certainly won't be in front when you take us on those trails behind Silverwood Lake, because I've never been there. I want to check those out, so let's plan that sometime.
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #106
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,703
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
LOL!

But I certainly won't be in front when you take us on those trails behind Silverwood Lake, because I've never been there. I want to check those out, so let's plan that sometime.
I have only been on that ridge route once but it was fun. Seems like every time you go back to a place the lines are different but that is the fun. Let's plan on another day trip sometime when we all can get together again. My weekends are pretty much always free so we need to work with the other members who have limited Sat or Sun.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #107
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I have only been on that ridge route once but it was fun. Seems like every time you go back to a place the lines are different but that is the fun. Let's plan on another day trip sometime when we all can get together again. My weekends are pretty much always free so we need to work with the other members who have limited Sat or Sun.
My next available Saturday is the one after Thanksgiving, but you're out that weekend. The weekend after that is Miller Jeep Trail. Then my next available Saturday is 12/18, but people (including myself) will probably get pretty busy with holiday stuff by then. So we could be looking at next year.

Of course you all could certainly go without me before then, and I'll catch you on a return trip.
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #108
Jeeper
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,703
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
My next available Saturday is the one after Thanksgiving, but you're out that weekend. The weekend after that is Miller Jeep Trail. Then my next available Saturday is 12/18, but people (including myself) will probably get pretty busy with holiday stuff by then. So we could be looking at next year.

Of course you all could certainly go without me before then, and I'll catch you on a return trip.
Maybe we could sneak in a trip on a Sunday if you are available then??? It does start to get busy around the holidays but maybe some other members would like to do a Sunday trip. Let's think on it and see what comes up in the next few weeks.
530ktm is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #109
Jeeper
 
WhiteRAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 76
Images: 3
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
That was an awesome run today. I had a blast. Nice meeting turdhurdler and thetoadLJ, and good seeing the others again.

Here are my pictures.
Photobucket - 20101023 Cleghorn

And here's the GPS track from today.
Everytrail - 10/23/2010 Cleghorn
How hard was that trail that u guys did? How long did it take for the full run?

I have a stock 4dr rubi, and I am a novice on the trails, tks.
WhiteRAVE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #110
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Maybe we could sneak in a trip on a Sunday if you are available then??? It does start to get busy around the holidays but maybe some other members would like to do a Sunday trip. Let's think on it and see what comes up in the next few weeks.
Currently my available Sundays through the end of the year are 11/21, 12/12 and 12/19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRAVE View Post
How hard was that trail that u guys did? How long did it take for the full run?

I have a stock 4dr rubi, and I am a novice on the trails, tks.
Dirtopia rates the trail as difficult, but for a Jeep the offshoots range from easy to moderate. Your Rubi can handle anything there, and a novice wheeler will do fine if accompanied by experienced wheelers. Depending on the size and experience level of the group, and breaks that you take for lunch or pictures, etc., the trail can be run in as little as two hours and as many as six hours. On average I've run it in about four hours. I ran it in an hour and a half once, but we bypassed quite a few of the offshoots due to being in a hurry.
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #111
Jeeper
 
WhiteRAVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 76
Images: 3
great tks do you just wheel or do you guys belong to any clubs around?
WhiteRAVE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #112
Jeeper
 
turdhurdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hemet, CA Hemet is Heaven...
Posts: 7,145
Send a message via AIM to turdhurdler
We are sorta a club. Basically all members from this forum that enjoy getting together for a day and hitting the trails. We also try to get a Meet and Greet/camping weekend a couple of times a year. The last one was in Big Bear that I set up and was a blast. We also have been getting together for a weekend in Anza Borrego for the last couple of years.

Jeff
__________________
Mall crawlin' in 4 Lo.
turdhurdler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #113
Jeeper
 
QtMcShorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 602
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to QtMcShorty
I want to do a Pismo run..... I missed the last one....... anyone up for one?
__________________
Jeep Girls Rock!!!
QtMcShorty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #114
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13
I am. Where and when? And how far is pismo?
dirtjunkie23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #115
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by QtMcShorty View Post
I want to do a Pismo run..... I missed the last one....... anyone up for one?
I didn't really care much for the sand duning thing last time. I prefer rock crawling. Are you joining us in December or not? You said you wanted to go to Gorman.
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2010, 01:34 AM   #116
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtjunkie23 View Post
I am. Where and when? And how far is pismo?
35.088354,-120.630076
Oceano Dunes SVRA
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #117
Jeeper
 
BeantownR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 942
i want to check out the dunes sometime!
BeantownR6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #118
Jeeper
 
Rebuilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 374
HELLO!!!!!!! I missed you guys! I am in for this trip in December, no way I am missing the last run with you guys.
__________________
I Live. I Ride. I am JEEP!
Rebuilt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #119
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebuilt View Post
I am in for this trip in December, no way I am missing the last run with you guys.
Right on! I put you on the list.
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #120
Jeeper
 
Rebuilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 374
Sweet! Already looking forward to it

__________________
I Live. I Ride. I am JEEP!
Rebuilt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heartland Jeep club at LBL on July 11th... ;) InfernoGirl Kentucky Jeep Forum 110 08-20-2010 05:13 PM
Newest Articles from JPFreek Adventure Magazine txoutdoorx4 General Jeep Discussion 2 07-14-2010 04:50 PM
JPFreek Adventure Magazine Spring Issue Available Now txoutdoorx4 General Jeep Discussion 0 03-21-2009 01:22 PM
Jeeptales.com & JPFreek Adventure Magazine Merge txoutdoorx4 Classifieds Archive 0 10-08-2008 09:38 AM
JPFreek Adventure Magazine & Jeep Jamboree USA Join Forces txoutdoorx4 General Jeep Discussion 0 07-06-2008 10:54 PM


» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC