First I have to fix my Jeep, only one thing broke...
I hit the tail pipe enough that I broke a weld on the pipe between the CAT, and the muffler. (made for noisey ride home)
I just parked it for today, I'll clean it up, and be ready for the next run tomorrow.
Don, and I hit a couple of hills on the way home in Bonsal, we just had to have a little more fun before calling it a day.
Let me know when, and where.
Stock 95 Rio Grande...2.5 motor (The one with tons of POWERR) Pro Comp rear bumper "so far" Oceanside CA.
Myself and others will be headed out to asuza canyon the 24th you all more then welcome to join in on the mud fest
myself wil lbe staying out of most of the mud. but theres a few creek crossings and mud holes you have to go through. Its a ton of fun just watching people get stuck. the group im goin with is offroadworld.net california chapter. its just a group of wheelers not a club.
heres some pics of our last run at asuza
Its an area that can be made as hard as you want. Its an OHV park and costs like 8 bucks to get in.
I'd definitely be up for Big Bear - if I can get the #$@% TJ back by then . Can we please wait to shoot dates for a few days? I really don't know the status of my TJ yet and would like to make it this time.
im with you redrubi i go there becasue my other members on the ORW want to go. I go to watch the idiot try to take there stock yotas in the pits. You guys are more then welcome to join us. We will prolly meet at the parking lot when it opens. we will prolly be there saturday
Rawkon thanks, I got the suspension on, and I have put an AEV Highline kit on (link). The paint didn't match so they are having to respray it. Hopefully by Friday that will be done, then I have to put my wiring and OBA back together. Then I need to mount my reservoirs for my shocks and install my rockers and sliders. AEV has still not sent out the flares so I need to wait for those then perhaps cut out the rear wheel well for a little more clearance. The pinion in the rear may still not be good enough so I may have to purchase longer adjustable uppers or drop my t-case to get it a bit closer. Then I am going to need to test it out a little and correct any problems I encounter.
OK, got the heep back. Now my flares are delayed. I can run without the fronts, but I can't cut for the rears until I have them. 37's on a 4" plus BL = way too much rubbing off road - they don't touch at all on the street. This weekend and next week, I get to re-install and finish up all my electrical. Then I have to cut my rockers for fit. If you guys don't want to wait I will understand. I'll keep you posted.
The 21st would be good for me, the heep should be ready by then. The 15th won't work for me as my daugther's b-day is on the 16th.
My preference would be a few of the BB trails. Perhaps Gold Mountain or Jacoby Canyon as a warm up and then Holcomb Creek or something similar (maybe John Bull ). we've had stock TJ SE's on all of those except JB.
Where do you want to go? Mountains or Desert? Easy (fire roads), Difficult, or something in-between? I can do Saturday, April 21st or Sunday, April 15th (maybe). You want me to come up with something?
You're the one who knows the trails, I'm just a tag along right now, trying to get my sea legs so to speak. I'd love the mountains. I should have the lift on by then and the discos so whatever you think the group's jeeps can handle.
So let's say April 21st and have a show of hands. I'd like mountains, but desert is fine also and I don't mind a long day at all.
...My preference would be a few of the BB trails. Perhaps Gold Mountain or Jacoby Canyon as a warm up and then Holcomb Creek or something similar (maybe John Bull ). we've had stock TJ SE's on all of those except JB.
Ok let's plan on Big Bear on the 21st. I'm thinking maybe going up to Butler Peak to the look-out:
And then maybe doing the Holcomb Creek / Lower Larga flats loop.
Then maybe home by way of Cleghorn road trail to the I15.