Poll for March Meet n Greet, - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


View Poll Results: Location of 8th Semi Annual Meet n Greet
Anza Borrego 16 27.12%
Johnson Valley 10 16.95%
Calico 30 50.85%
Last Chance Canyon 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #91
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,555
If we put a stock jeep through the gatekeeper...I will gladly follow.

__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #92
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,953
Mine's not stock but it's pretty close. I'm seriously thinking about trying it.

Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #93
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Mine's not stock but it's pretty close. I'm seriously thinking about trying it.
35s, front and rear lockers, chromos, etc...that sounds a bit bigger than stock
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #94
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Magic Meatball says I have a perdy go chance that a new set of 38s will be under the tree Tuesday morning ...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #95
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Magic Meatball says I have a perdy go chance that a new set of 38s will be under the tree Tuesday morning ...
Only 38s?

What r the specs like on your rig?
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #96
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Fjs Wagoneer 44 front axle Warn premium hubs chromo shafts ARB 538s Solid diff cover ....Isuzu 44 rear axle with disc breaks chromo shafts ARB 538s Solid diff cover ....4:1 T-case ....Spring over super flex springs...on true 35s
now shortly after Christmas and if the overtime slows...the jeep will soon get 38s and a new Atlas 3 speed T-case...

O and yes it has CV DLs...sliders...armor....wench....cage....suspensi on seats....OBA....OBW...and all the other goodies that make wheelin fun...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #97
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Fjs Wagoneer 44 front axle Warn premium hubs chromo shafts ARB 538s Solid diff cover ....Isuzu 44 rear axle with disc breaks chromo shafts ARB 538s Solid diff cover ....4:1 T-case ....Spring over super flex springs...on true 35s
now shortly after Christmas and if the overtime slows...the jeep will soon get 38s and a new Atlas 3 speed T-case...
Tell Santa to leave that kinda stuff by my house
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #98
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cons_Table View Post
Tell Santa to leave that kinda stuff by my house
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
I'm surprised that nobody talks about wheelin Stoddard Wells ...its an awesome place to wheel ...with well known runs like Empire Strikes Back, Achy Breaky & Pumpkin Eater & and so on....I like to go out there and just free style for hours....
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #100
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Fjs Wagoneer 44 front axle Warn premium hubs chromo shafts ARB 538s Solid diff cover ....Isuzu 44 rear axle with disc breaks chromo shafts ARB 538s Solid diff cover ....4:1 T-case ....Spring over super flex springs...on true 35s
now shortly after Christmas and if the overtime slows...the jeep will soon get 38s and a new Atlas 3 speed T-case...

O and yes it has CV DLs...sliders...armor....wench....cage....suspensi on seats....OBA....OBW...and all the other goodies that make wheelin fun...
Sounds very nice! You going to the atlas for lower gearing? What spline count are your chromos? Thats alot of tire to turn...
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #101
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
Sounds very nice! You going to the atlas for lower gearing? What spline count are your chromos? Thats alot of tire to turn...
Thanx...yes for lower gearing ...and there 33 spline ....that's why I'm stopping at a 38....well in reality they're a strong 37....lol
I'm building another rig that'll have D60s 44s....I'm planning on beating the poopy out of it....
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #102
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,953
I doubt mine will ever get to that kind of sophistication. I'm on a tight leash. Trying to make the retirement money last till I die.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #103
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I doubt mine will ever get to that kind of sophistication. I'm on a tight leash. Trying to make the retirement money last till I die.
Never say never.....when the money runs low....u start bartering ...lol
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #104
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cons_Table View Post
Tell Santa to leave that kinda stuff by my house
I'll put in a good word for u ....he usually drops by around 2am to warm up on some eggnog ....its an ol family recipe
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #105
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post

I'll put in a good word for u ....he usually drops by around 2am to warm up on some eggnog ....its an ol family recipe
Ill be waiting
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #106
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
O...and I forgot to mention that the jeep is stretched 3 inches...2 in the front & 1the in the back...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #107
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seal Beach
Posts: 6,953
Big deal. My belt is stretched farther than that.
Gunner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #108
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'm surprised that nobody talks about wheelin Stoddard Wells ...its an awesome place to wheel ...with well known runs like Empire Strikes Back, Achy Breaky & Pumpkin Eater & and so on....I like to go out there and just free style for hours....
Well that just made my decision to never go there......I don't want to go anywhere that will eat my pumpkin

I'll have to replace my license plate from BAD PMPKN to DEAD PMPKN
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #109
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 31,367
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'm surprised that nobody talks about wheelin Stoddard Wells ...its an awesome place to wheel ...with well known runs like Empire Strikes Back, Achy Breaky & Pumpkin Eater & and so on....I like to go out there and just free style for hours....
That is one of my top 2-3 favorite wheeling areas. The last trip there I ended a surprisingly event-free day on Pumpkin Eater with a final "extra-credit" loop since a couple of us had so much fun on the main trail. Bad decision . 2 hours later I finished repairs & barely got back to camp before dark. Broken wheel, broken rear yoke, broken rear driveshaft, broken lower control arm bolt, upper rear control arm mount torn off its weld, and a broken track bar mount weld. I was thankful someone had a Premier Welder in his Jeep or I really would have been in trouble. I now carry a stick welding kit from lessons learned that day. I still love me some Pumpkin Eater though.
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #110
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,795
Calico just earned a few more votes in the poll over the past few days. Looks like a lot of people want to do the gatekeeper.
__________________
Black 2009 Rubicon 2-Dr Auto | TF 3" lift and front lower CA's | JKS trackbars | 35" GY MT/R-K's | 17x9 M/T SS Classic II's | EVO Axle Sleeves and C Gussets | ARB diff covers | Skid Row evap can skid and front CA skids | Shrockworks bumpers and rock rails | Synergy Ball Joints, Tie Rod and grab handles | Warn 9.5ti | Pull-Pal | sPOD | Superchips Flashpaq | Dual Optima Yellow Tops | Cobra 29 LTD | 4' FireStick
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #111
The Rogue Moderator

::WF Moderator::
 
Cons_Table's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 7,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
Calico just earned a few more votes in the poll over the past few days. Looks like a lot of people want to do the gatekeeper.
Or everyone is coming to watch
__________________
Poor Boy Racing The definition of the EVERYMAN Challenge!

Everyman Challenge XJ Build
Cons_Table is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #112
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,647
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Well that just made my decision to never go there......I don't want to go anywhere that will eat my pumpkin

I'll have to replace my license plate from BAD PMPKN to DEAD PMPKN
Bad pumpkin! Bad! No smashing pumpkins! (Couldn't resist).
I haven't voted because I'll be wherever we land.
But if we don't wind up at Johnson Valley I want to put together a run in the area and hit Slash X. Maybe even Stoddard Wells? My friend's family owns Slash X- and its been a rough year for them. WokN Rox or Jerry- can you guys help out? I don't know the area and would only be good as a ringleader- not a trail leader. (That kinda goes without saying).
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #113
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cons_Table View Post
Or everyone is coming to watch
That would be me, I watch really well
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #114
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHerz View Post
Bad pumpkin! Bad! No smashing pumpkins! (Couldn't resist).
I haven't voted because I'll be wherever we land.
But if we don't wind up at Johnson Valley I want to put together a run in the area and hit Slash X. Maybe even Stoddard Wells? My friend's family owns Slash X- and its been a rough year for them. WokN Rox or Jerry- can you guys help out? I don't know the area and would only be good as a ringleader- not a trail leader. (That kinda goes without saying).
Dan and I are going to Calico next weekend and if we have time we would like to take a trip over there. If the map is correct its about 20 miles from Calico back down the 15 to the 247. I have never been there but would like to check it out!
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #115
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
Well that just made my decision to never go there......I don't want to go anywhere that will eat my pumpkin

I'll have to replace my license plate from BAD PMPKN to DEAD PMPKN
U gotta go out there....don't let the name scare yah ...lol
Its a nice place to play...everything from mild to wild with awesome views of the desert and lots of historical things...O ..don't forget Slash X is a good place to get a burger & beer
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #116
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
That is one of my top 2-3 favorite wheeling areas. The last trip there I ended a surprisingly event-free day on Pumpkin Eater with a final "extra-credit" loop since a couple of us had so much fun on the main trail. Bad decision . 2 hours later I finished repairs & barely got back to camp before dark. Broken wheel, broken rear yoke, broken rear driveshaft, broken lower control arm bolt, upper rear control arm mount torn off its weld, and a broken track bar mount weld. I was thankful someone had a Premier Welder in his Jeep or I really would have been in trouble. I now carry a stick welding kit from lessons learned that day. I still love me some Pumpkin Eater though.
Yeah I love wheelin over there to....I live in Wild Wash so it's my home field so to speak...I can be on Pumpkin Eater or any of the others in about 10 minutes. I like how its never crowded and has lots to offer....sorry to hear about the beatin ur jeep took but ...hey u've got a story now...he he...I've got a few of them myself...lol I'm glad Cal4wheel is bring High Desert Roundup back to Stoddard Wells this year...WAY to windy at the Butts...
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #117
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Big deal. My belt is stretched farther than that.
U r a fun man
I need to stop stretching my belt to...lol
it doesn't shrink back the way it used to...hehe!
I stretched the wheelbase 3 inches ...2 on the front but as soon as I swap my stirring box for an Astro van box I'll be able to push the front axle out another 2 or 3 inches ...witch will put the leading edge of my tires ahead of my bumper ...even on 35s....then when I install the Gen right gas tank I'll be able to push the back axle out another 2 inches add that to the inch I've already stretched it I'll have a total of an 8 inch stretch on the ol boy....the girls otta like that....
__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #118
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 31,367
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Yeah I love wheelin over there to....I live in Wild Wash so it's my home field so to speak...I can be on Pumpkin Eater or any of the others in about 10 minutes. I like how its never crowded and has lots to offer....sorry to hear about the beatin ur jeep took but ...hey u've got a story now...he he...I've got a few of them myself...lol I'm glad Cal4wheel is bring High Desert Roundup back to Stoddard Wells this year...WAY to windy at the Butts...
Wow I hadn't heard HDR was back at Stoddard Wells this year, I'll be there for sure this year then. It was at HDR when that carnage happened to my TJ.

By the way, you ever see any Chuckwalla lizards out there? That's one of the only local areas I know that has them. One of them was chased by a dog under my TJ when I was working on it and it ran up my leg, stopped on my face, then ran off. I thought it was a tumbleweed or something I was so intent on the repairs until everyone standing around helping me started laughing.

This is what they look like, I think the one that sat on my face weighed about a pound.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChuckwallaFromBehind.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	189733  
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #119
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 31,367
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
I'm glad Cal4wheel is bring High Desert Roundup back to Stoddard Wells this year...WAY to windy at the Butts...
Where did you hear/read HDR was being moved back to Stoddard Wells? I just spent 30 minutes Googling HDR including Cal4WD's website & it still says it is being held at JV. The Cal4WD website still says Anderson Dry Lake in Johnson Valley with the final location still being finalized but...

I sure hope you're right... as much as I love JV, I'd rather see HDR back at Stoddard Wells.
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #120
Jeeper
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Helendale SoCal Hi Dez
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Where did you hear/read HDR was being moved back to Stoddard Wells? I just spent 30 minutes Googling HDR including Cal4WD's website & it still says it is being held at JV. The Cal4WD website still says Anderson Dry Lake in Johnson Valley with the final location still being finalized but...

I sure hope you're right... as much as I love JV, I'd rather see HDR back at Stoddard Wells.
I'm pretty close to Dave & Val from Cal4wheel ...a bunch of us have talked about moving it back... last we talked it was agreed to move it back...I'll talk to them for the Holidays and let u know for sure....I know its been getting harder and harder to get people/clubs to chair the event ...that's why there's no movement on the website ...

As for the lizards...yes we have lots of them out here...we usually start seeing them around early March ..they almost befriend u they seem so tame ...lol
I'm not sure about the name though ...I'll have to ask the wife...she's the rock hounder & wildlife guru ...

__________________


WOKNROX!
Let's go wheelin!™
WOKNROX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC