Slick Rock July 20th - Page 18 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #511
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish TJ View Post

Does it need all that armor sitting in the driveway. Lol! HeHeHe:
Went out today dawg

JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #512
Jeeper
 
Gofish TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post

Went out today dawg
Nice- where did you go?

Gofish TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #513
Jeeper
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake County, NorCal.
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish TJ View Post
Nice- where did you go?

Probably went to the mall!
__________________
I like banter!

"The little Jeep that could!"
bobthetj03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #514
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post

Probably went to the mall!
To the mall is correct hahaha yesterday went to a lake out by livermore
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #515
Jeeper
 
Gofish TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post

Probably went to the mall!
Lol! FistLaugh: that was a good one. !!
Gofish TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #516
Jeeper
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake County, NorCal.
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post
To the mall is correct hahaha yesterday went to a lake out by livermore
They have lakes in the bay area?
__________________
I like banter!

"The little Jeep that could!"
bobthetj03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #517
Jeeper
 
gene13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Petaluma, Ca
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish TJ View Post
Does it need all that armor sitting in the driveway. Lol! HeHeHe:
So true.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
__________________
"follow at your own risk" or "trail? What trail? We don't need no stinking trail"
gene13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #518
Jeeper
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake County, NorCal.
Posts: 1,743
Those curbs at the mall must be treacherous!
__________________
I like banter!

"The little Jeep that could!"
bobthetj03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #519
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
I only use the armor for construction sites and 4lo for mall crawling and parking up on the curbs duh
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #520
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
I have the rock hard gas tank skid, I had to grind the bolts that attach the support arms to the frame a bit. Not sure that makes sense unless you have the skid to look at. It was sort of a pain to install, getting your hand inside to tighten the bolts was the hardest part. If your wife/daughter/son, anyone with small hands can help you I advise doing so.

I have always worked on Jeeps/Scouts, whatever my dad or I owned with him. He has a Vertigo type problem and can't do alot of work under vehicles anymore. He did assist me with my Jeep by handing me stuff and of course telling me what to do I'm anxious to hear how your install goes, it will probably go easier than mine

I have the Synergy full skids on my JKU, I had those installed
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #521
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post
I have the rock hard gas tank skid, I had to grind the bolts that attach the support arms to the frame a bit. Not sure that makes sense unless you have the skid to look at. It was sort of a pain to install, getting your hand inside to tighten the bolts was the hardest part. If your wife/daughter/son, anyone with small hands can help you I advise doing so.

I have always worked on Jeeps/Scouts, whatever my dad or I owned with him. He has a Vertigo type problem and can't do alot of work under vehicles anymore. He did assist me with my Jeep by handing me stuff and of course telling me what to do I'm anxious to hear how your install goes, it will probably go easier than mine

I have the Synergy full skids on my JKU, I had those installed
My skid pans were cake work... the rock hard gas tank slid over the stock one and I just had to drill three holes in the rear... everything else was bolt on... you can check it out when I am down that way.
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #522
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Oops attached wrong pic
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #523
Jeeper
 
Gofish TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 488
Some Slick Rock Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1037054157.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	278667   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1937747884.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	278668  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4026161391.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	278669   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2107387137.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	278670  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-312915913.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	278671   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1307801403.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	278672  

Gofish TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #524
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #525
Jeeper
 
Gofish TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post

Rockhard gas tank skid...
Boy, I think your gearing up for calico! Lol!
Gofish TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #526
Jeeper
 
gene13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Petaluma, Ca
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish TJ View Post
Boy, I think your gearing up for calico! Lol!
He has to with that school bus. Lol


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
__________________
"follow at your own risk" or "trail? What trail? We don't need no stinking trail"
gene13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #527
Jeeper
 
Gofish TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 488
More pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3718495232.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	278701   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-497437564.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	278706  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-466377764.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	278707   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1780603526.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	278708  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3119896816.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	278709   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1631950472.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	278710  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1843300859.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	278711  
Gofish TJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #528
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Finished my rear wheel wells

Before - light sanding

Attachment 278774


Half way - base layer

Attachment 278775


Finished - final rubberized sealant

Attachment 278776
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #529
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish TJ View Post

Boy, I think your gearing up for calico! Lol!
That and Fordyce Remember we have Moab next year too.
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #530
Jeeper
 
Lab Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nipomo, CA
Posts: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post
My skid pans were cake work... the rock hard gas tank slid over the stock one and I just had to drill three holes in the rear... everything else was bolt on... you can check it out when I am down that way.
Okay, I have to confess I had a blonde moment this morning and posted before I finished my coffee....it was the exhaust skid I meant was a pain, not the gas tank

I just read what I wrote and was thinking how the hell did I screw that up, lol. I have a Rock Hard rear bumper, the exhaust skid bolts right to it. The bad part is you have to get your hand inside to tighten the bolts and the supports have to be ground down a little.

The full skids were installed by Dennis, he said he prefers the Synergy to the Rock Hard now that he has installed a set. Mine were the first, the oil drain is bigger and better aligned. They fit tighter and he feels give a tiny bit more clearance.

I hope that makes sense, lol. I should stay away from posting after a night at Jocko's bar
__________________
What do Jeeps & Margaritas have in common?
Both are better on the rocks.

Life's better with two Jeeps: One for the Mall and one to crawl
Lab Lover is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #531
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lover View Post

Okay, I have to confess I had a blonde moment this morning and posted before I finished my coffee....it was the exhaust skid I meant was a pain, not the gas tank

I just read what I wrote and was thinking how the hell did I screw that up, lol. I have a Rock Hard rear bumper, the exhaust skid bolts right to it. The bad part is you have to get your hand inside to tighten the bolts and the supports have to be ground down a little.

The full skids were installed by Dennis, he said he prefers the Synergy to the Rock Hard now that he has installed a set. Mine were the first, the oil drain is bigger and better aligned. They fit tighter and he feels give a tiny bit more clearance.

I hope that makes sense, lol. I should stay away from posting after a night at Jocko's bar
Completely makes sense lol.
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #532
Jeeper
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post
I went with the rockhard gas tank skid and will be ordering this three piece skid system (evo protek) to finish up my armor... I went with a Ranchero front differential skid plate as well: EVO: Bumper/Armor/Skids, ProTeK Skid System for Jeep JK Wranglers (years 2012 and up)
Yep really looking at the protek system myself. Only concern is I've heard about rattling issues if you're using the teraflex (or similar) exhaust spacer or even the AFE Y pipe causing issues with mounting. One person said they managed to leave out the passenger side exhaust spacer but I haven't toyed with that yet to see how it affects the driveshaft clearance or if you can even mate up the exhaust flanges while there's a spacer in the driver side. The apparent rattling solution is simple though, two washers on each of 3 bolts on the exhaust skid for spacers.

I probably need to do my gas tank skid too but we'll see. It's got a good dent in it now on the front outside corner, but at least it has a skid on it.
__________________
2012 JKU Sport S in BFG:
Max Tow, LSD, M/T, Connectivity, Infinity, Hard Top, Step Rails
flyinion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #533
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post

Yep really looking at the protek system myself. Only concern is I've heard about rattling issues if you're using the teraflex (or similar) exhaust spacer or even the AFE Y pipe causing issues with mounting. One person said they managed to leave out the passenger side exhaust spacer but I haven't toyed with that yet to see how it affects the driveshaft clearance or if you can even mate up the exhaust flanges while there's a spacer in the driver side. The apparent rattling solution is simple though, two washers on each of 3 bolts on the exhaust skid for spacers.

I probably need to do my gas tank skid too but we'll see. It's got a good dent in it now on the front outside corner, but at least it has a skid on it.
Does it look like this? My gas tank skid after slickrock last time I went. Haha so glad I have the new armor.

Attachment 279190



Attachment 279192
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #534
Jeeper
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake County, NorCal.
Posts: 1,743
Hey Jimbo, if you're hunting for new tires, check out the new Dick Cepek Fun Country's. Good looking tire without sacrificing streetability. Reminds me of the Duratrac.

Opps, just went off topic! LOL!
__________________
I like banter!

"The little Jeep that could!"
bobthetj03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #535
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Hey Jimbo, if you're hunting for new tires, check out the new Dick Cepek Fun Country's. Good looking tire without sacrificing streetability. Reminds me of the Duratrac.

Opps, just went off topic! LOL!
Hahaha Do you have the cooper discovery STTs?
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #536
Jeeper
 
JKTHOMPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,273
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Hey Jimbo, if you're hunting for new tires, check out the new Dick Cepek Fun Country's. Good looking tire without sacrificing streetability. Reminds me of the Duratrac.

Opps, just went off topic! LOL!
I am either doing 35 or 37s but I can't decide km2s again or try coopers... thanks Jim I will look at Cepeks
JKTHOMPS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #537
Jeeper
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post
Does it look like this? My gas tank skid after slickrock last time I went. Haha so glad I have the new armor.
LOL no mine does not look that bad.
__________________
2012 JKU Sport S in BFG:
Max Tow, LSD, M/T, Connectivity, Infinity, Hard Top, Step Rails
flyinion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #538
Jeeper
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post
I am either doing 35 or 37s but I can't decide km2s again or try coopers... thanks Jim I will look at Cepeks
Have you thought about the Falken Wildpeak/Rocky Mountain? (rocky mountain is the same thing, Americas Tire specific branding) Or are you set on a heavy lugged M/T like the KM2?
__________________
2012 JKU Sport S in BFG:
Max Tow, LSD, M/T, Connectivity, Infinity, Hard Top, Step Rails
flyinion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #539
Jeeper
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake County, NorCal.
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS View Post
Hahaha Do you have the cooper discovery STTs?
Yep. Great tire! Performed awesome on SL. A little noisy on the freeway however.
__________________
I like banter!

"The little Jeep that could!"
bobthetj03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #540
Jeeper
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake County, NorCal.
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
Have you thought about the Falken Wildpeak/Rocky Mountain? (rocky mountain is the same thing, Americas Tire specific branding) Or are you set on a heavy lugged M/T like the KM2?
Don't rule out the Cooper AT3 if your looking for a more street friendly tire. I'd compare it's aggressiveness to the Wildpeak.

__________________
I like banter!

"The little Jeep that could!"
bobthetj03 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.



Jeep«, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC